Monxstaa

Supreme
Kin
31💸
Kumi
202💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The dolphins are herded from deeper sea into a makeshift slaughterhouse, penned in by netted walls.

Japan slaughters 20,000 dolphins annually, hundreds of which at the Taiji hunt. Supporters of the hunt claim it’s a Japanese tradition, but dolphin drives have only become popular in the last few decades. It’s a lucrative business, with the one in Taiji reportedly driven by a few local men who are getting very rich off the killing. The dead animals are sold for meat, while dolphins spared their lives are bought by zoos and wildlife parks.
Human nature at its worst once again.​

[video=youtube;9AJg8vcpVuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=9AJg8vcpVuI[/video]

http://www.unilad.co.uk/video/heartbreaking-moment-a-dolphin-throws-itself-onto-rocks-to-escape-hunters/

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Loads of concerned vegetarians here...

You must be registered for see images

Jokes apart I am not sure - if this is one of the endangered one and what are the local laws about it.

Edit: found it:

They are catching them closer to the land and in net and apparently leave them to calm down for the night and next day they catch them to kill according to local laws and methods. The protesters are mostly by Non Japanese dolphin lovers from USA etc. And rest is a lot of controversy both sides accusing each other..

Last edited:

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see a lot of self-righteous comments in this thread. Biodiversity is tethered to precarious outcomes. I wonder where an average human's arrogance even comes from. We do not control our population, or do anything to curb it ... all we do is pollute, destory and invade senselessly.

90 % of the Blue Whales are gone because of the whaling industry and few of these species are already on the endangered list. There are only 4 White Rhinos left in the world. It is as if no one is even slightly concerned. The lack of sentiment is despicable in this thread.

Frankly speaking, if rationality is brought into the equation then I do not see why we allow all humans to procreate or allow this population, spreading like an insidious scourge, to grow unchecked when it can be checked and controlled via stringent laws. We already practice culling through wars and genocides. It won't be anything unethical by comparison.

Screw rights. Not everyone deserves them.

I understand we are ruining the nature habitat, but really.... You act like you never had fish before. :rolleyes:
Genius ... simply, genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: GinkgoLeaf Girl

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dolphins are not fish genius.

OT who cares, dolphins are not any better than cows or rats, they are animals. people act like dolphins are like water humans or something.
I see a lot of self-righteous comments in this thread. Biodiversity is tethered to precarious outcomes. I wonder where an average human's arrogance even comes from. We do not control our population, or do anything to curb it ... all we do is pollute, destory and invade senselessly.

90 % of the Blue Whales are gone because of the whaling industry and few of these species are already on the endangered list. There are only 4 White Rhinos left in the world. It is as if no one is even slightly concerned. The lack of sentiment is despicable in this thread.

Frankly speaking, if rationality is brought into the equation then I do not see why we allow all humans to procreate or allow this population, spreading like an insidious scourge, to grow unchecked when it can be checked and controlled via stringent laws. We already practice culling through wars and genocides. It won't be anything unethical by comparison.

Screw rights. Not everyone deserves them.

Genius ... simply, genius.
Ya'll must have not peeped the sarcasm.... :|

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Loads of concerned vegetarians here...

You must be registered for see images

Jokes apart I am not sure - if this is one of the endangered one and what are the local laws about it.

Edit: found it:

They are catching them closer to the land and in net and apparently leave them to calm down for the night and next day they catch them to kill according to local laws and methods. The protesters are mostly by Non Japanese dolphin lovers from USA etc. And rest is a lot of controversy both sides accusing each other..
dolphins can be a delicious food