Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was considering doing something a bit more unique but decided against it since I really don't have the time and I doubt I'd be able to do anything simple enough. That being said I'm going to make a standard application and allow for people to apply.

To open, these are applications for the Hayabusa Clan. For more information pertaining to the clan see the clan submission . Application will close when: 30 applicants have signed, or after two weeks pass, whichever comes first. Fill out the following application concisely with detail but don't make me read an essay. I swear to god if anybody writes an essay (you know who you are)...

Also, I will be accepting anywhere between 5 to 7 members to start off. Favor of consideration will be going to Sanjinmon members, likely less than half of the members will be Yubokumon selections so keep that in mind in your applications. If you are unfamiliar with those terms, see the clan submission "special info" section. Without further ado here is the app.

Username:
Link to most recent bio:
Desired Sect: Sanjinmon | Yubokumon
Within context to the theme of the clan explain/elaborate one 1 of the following to the best of your ability:
  • Who makes for the greatest type of ruler and why?
  • The studious scholar understands less than the scholar that laughs in regard to Dao.
  • What is the greatest action?
  • Truth unspoken and unwritten.
You're not limited to just one, but please be succinct if you're going to answer more than one. You don't need to write more than a couple sentences.

Twilight

Elite
Kin
826💸
Kumi
3,282💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Twilight
Link to most recent bio:
Desired Sect: Sanjinmon | Yubokumon: Sanjinmon(will leave konoha on good terms though)
With context to the theme of the clan explain/elaborate one 1 of the following to the best of your ability: The greatest ruler is a harsh dictator that has no love for the citizens in heart, it makes the citizens struggle hard to survive making them strong, molding them into great individuals and if they want their freedom, they will be forced to learn the art of warfare in order to overthrow the harsh ruler but afterwards they should realize they got a lot stronger under the harsh ruler. In simple terms, it's like for a piece of rough, shapeless and ugly metal to come out beautiful and elegant, it must go through intense flames.

Littlefinger.

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Littlefinger.
Link to most recent bio:
Desired Sect: Sanjinmon
Within context to the theme of the clan explain/elaborate one 1 of the following to the best of your ability:
  • Who makes for the greatest type of ruler and why?
One who is democratic and egalitarian. This is because as humans, everyone wants to treated fairly, regardless of their social status, physical traits, or piety. A ruler who so blatantly tramples on the rights and wishes of his or her subjects would sooner have a revolution to contend with,—a revolution that will inevitably lead to their downfall or death, one way or another.

Last edited:

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Username: Mathias
Link to most recent bio:

What is the greatest action? - Is to erase one's own existence from the physical plane through the utilization of their Neidan and Dantian. Effectively returning themselves to Wuji, the place where everything exists and originates from. The greatness of the action comes from the ability to manipulate the Wuiji to not only affect yourself, but potentially other things around you, erasing them and/or also bringing them back into existence. So the greatest action is not singular per say, its a combination of both the ability to erase, and also bring back which is equally important.

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm probably talking to nobody, but I'll leave this here for everybody (not a pun). I'll be closing the app thread in a few hours. I doubt another 17 hours will make a difference since I gave a two week time limit.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What makes for the greatest type of ruler is a lack of presence to his people. People will rely without relying on him. They accomplish their tasks with the mind that they have succeeded themselves. The people of this ruler are stronger than any other peoples for they are strong without their rulers because their rulers are within them. A ruler who is loud and shining can never be the greatest. The ruler who is loved sees to it he is loved and is less noble. He seeks to please the people and stand at the forefront but must also work to remain out of the darkness of scrutiny. This is hard to achieve. A ruler who uses fear maintains power only through submission. He cares not for the people but for his power or, if he does care he is afraid and puts security and authoritarianism above all else. This is easy but leads to the worst of all rulers, the one who is despised. The ruler who is despised, either the incompetent fool who drives the state to ruin or the fear monger who oppresses his people in his intoxication with his own power. When discontent, the people will rebel. Kings, Emperors, and Gods have all fallen in rebellion.

Twilight, you are of the worst type of ruler for you put in work only to lead to your own demise.

Littlefinger, you are closest to the second highest type of ruler. You say democracy but equality does not exist, it is an illusion which is bound to fail. It is irresponsible of a ruler to present illusions to their people and call it a reality. When truth is revealed the ruler must be held accountable for the deception.

See Dao De Jing 17

The greatest action is inaction. Inaction is not the lack of activity but the activity of the unwasteful. Action on its own is wasteful. Water does not force through the rock to continue on its path, it moves around it. It adepts to the form of the rigid and flows without trying. Lead by following, attack without aggression, move by being still. Do nothing and nothing will be left undone.

Mathias you tried a bit too hard looking in terms of the clan and not in terms of the question. Wuji is achievable only through understanding of these properties and questions.

See Dao De Jing 37.

Three applications (previously four) and nobody seemed to hit the mark or really came close. In the future I suggest people look into where the clan comes from. I apologize for not having a theme as common as Harry Potter or the Lord of the Rings which nerds on the internet are more knowledgeable about. That being said I'm going to recycle the two questions that weren't used for a later date and use them for another application cycle.

I won't take anybody this cycle. I will create another application cycle around Christmas or immediately after my first clan event with the current members.

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Applications Re-opened.

Similar to last time, follow the template. I will only be taking 5 members this time around (assuming there are even that many applications). I am more in favor of Sanjinmon over Yubokumon members so only 2 of the 5 will be the latter. I have no idea how long I'm going to keep the applications open but at minimum a week.

Username:
Link to most recent bio:
Desired Sect: Sanjinmon | Yubokumon
  • The studious scholar understands less than the scholar that laughs in regard to Dao.
  • Truth unspoken and unwritten.

Reactions: Joker

Jᴀʏ

Underdog
Legendary
Kin
1,115💸
Kumi
881💴
Trait Points
52⚔️
Username: Jay
Link to most recent bio:

The studious scholar understands less than the scholar that laughs in regard to Dao.

The studious scholar tries his best to understand the Dao, he studies day in and day out reading the Tao Te Ching among other things, when faced with the Tao the scholar that laughs, laughs because he doesn't understand and he doesn't attempt to understand. The Tao cannot be comphrended, it cannot be defined. The scholar whose trying his best to understand is going in the wrong direction, where as the scholar that laughs is going nowhere. -1 < 0

From what I've read.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.