Have you ever had an anime that taught you a valuable life lesson?

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Like a lot of anime has their own lessons I assume

I remember gurren lagann, when I was younger, basically teaching me that you need to do what you want to do in life despite the obstacles. And also that without knowing it, your determination to push forwards can inspire others to follow in the same way.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not an anime, but some months ago I had read Gen Lock's comic and it's still stuck with me. "The Fourth Republic has watched revel in childish individualism . . . put peace before unity." And it occurred to me those concepts are super fundamental bases that countries are founded on.

If you take a look at China, you can see that individualism is quashed. Not just by the government, but also by the values of Chinese people. For them strong solidarity is what rules. You can even see this in their aesthetic preferences. Basically, the whole idea goes from the top to bottom. Then you can look at the USA today, and see that the latter part is also relevant. People divided on whether it's unity that should be prioritized or peace. Then we're back to China. China manufactures its unity by stamping out individuality through forcefully(literally) destroying races through interbreeding, restricting religion, and burying heritage.

Made me realize there's a whole other layer of beliefs that I didn't realize I had.

Reactions: Chikombo