Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How strong is Hashirama in genjutsu?

In the first series Hiruzen, an Hokage, couldn't break edo Hashirama's Bringer of Darkness, if i remember correctly. Considering that edo Hashirama was nerfed in the first series (more then in war arc) this is great feat.

Also in the first series edo Hashirama wasn't in SM when he used the genjutsu and as we know SM greatly enhances the power of illusions ( Kabuto's SM enhanced Tayuya's genjutsu), and Hashirama's SM maybe is better than Kabuto's.

So, how strong full power SM Hashirama's Genjutsu is for you? Also do you think he's capable of any other illusion?

Of course, sharingan/ms users are more stronger...

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hiruzen did break Hashirama's genjutsu and it's not impressive if anything.
Hashirama is a Ninjutsu, Senpou art, Medical ninja and Kenjutsu fighting type guy.
His strength is in his ninjutsu and you can tell that he didn't bother with that genjutsu during the war.

Illuminater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know but it would be pretty powerful. Someone with a good sharingan could break out of it cause Kishi loves Uchiha's. But it would be able to stop mid tier shinobi like Jugo, Suigetsu. Someone on Minato's level might be able to break out of it but we don't know enough to rank it.

Kushina san

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hashirama is a Ninjutsu, Senpou art, Medical ninja and Kenjutsu fighting type guy.
His strength is in his ninjutsu and you can tell that he didn't bother with that genjutsu during the war.
I reread the chapter, no, he didn't. The genjutsu is broken when Hiruzen he was taking the soul of Hashirama.

I know that Hashirama is "ninjutsu style", but this it does not make him weak in genjutsu ._.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I reread the chapter, no, he didn't. The genjutsu is broken when Hiruzen he was taking the soul of Hashirama.

I know that Hashirama is "ninjutsu style", but this it does not make him weak in genjutsu ._.
Not weak against genjutsus just not a good user himself. It's a natural thing from people who are Ashura incarnates to not be too good at using genjutsus and given Hashirama's grid he lacks the yin fragment in his jutsus. His illusions were only good enough to cast a shadow in which some people with doujutsus can still see through it, but he didn't have the yin capability to create images with his genjutsus like most experts. To break his genjutsu you have to attack the real body, but powerful genjutsus can still affect the person even if the caster is still damaged. Trust me, as powerful as a character Hashirama is, genjutsu is not his thing. Same goes to Ashura and Naruto as well.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He didn't break it all, he was stuck until he used Shiki Fujin.

Strong; that was an A-Rank genjutsu and considering Hiruzen was a master of the basics, it says a lot for a minimally powered Edo Hashirama to create and sustain a genjutsu that he couldn't break.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
万物流転;20107403[B said:
]He didn't break it all,[/B] he was stuck until he used Shiki Fujin.
He clearly did break it and attacking Hashirama's real edo body is how you do it whether it be shiki fujin or not.
Strong; that was an A-Rank genjutsu and considering Hiruzen was a master of the basics, it says a lot for a minimally powered Edo Hashirama to create and sustain a genjutsu that he couldn't break.
I never read that Hiruzen is a master of basics but I don't know where you got this bold analysis from. The level of genjutsus that I find to be a very high level is genjutsus like Itachi's or Shishui

Kushina san

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He clearly did break it and attacking Hashirama's real edo body is how you do it whether it be shiki fujin or not.
He didn't break it, the genjutsu is broken because the shiki Fujin prevents from using jutsu, Orochimaru also he could not use them, and even move.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Hiruzen is said to be a Genjutsu Master.
-Hiruzen couldn't break BoD.
-SM enhances Ninjutsu, Taijutsu AND Genjutsu.

Strong enough to capture and keep most opponents unless they have something like Sharingan.

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Y'all tripping. His genjutsu blinds and blocks his opponents hearing.

Imagine being blind with with advent world of flowering trees.

Hiruzrn broke it with smell. So basically you have to have good smell to break it.. But sm Hashirama would have you blind with ss coming at you.

Hashirama was nerfed

Meekz89

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I never read that Hiruzen is a master of basics but I don't know where you got this bold analysis from. The level of genjutsus that I find to be a very high level is genjutsus like Itachi's or Shishui
It is implied when they call Hiruzen the professor, that heis a master of the basics. You called it an analysis for a reason.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

If he were able to break it, he would've done so beforehand to stop himself getting beaten around.

Hiruzen was given fives across the board; ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu and intelligence. That's Hiruzen's forte, being highly refined in the key/core basics of shinobi combat.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If he were able to break it, he would've done so beforehand to stop himself getting beaten around.
Like I told Kushina san above. Hiruzen broke the genjutsu when he used shiki fujin on the real body. That part is obvious.

Hiruzen was given fives across the board; ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu and intelligence. That's Hiruzen's forte, being highly refined in the key/core basics of shinobi combat.
Mean that basic out-dated misleading that gave the likes of Orochimaru and Kurenai a 5 in genjutsu yet all of Kurenai's genjutsu techniques are lower than part 1 Hashirama's genjutsu? I'm looking for the recent one such as the fourth databook.

Pukkake Pokayo

<div class="bbWrapper">Powerful enough to resist &amp; beat Madara apparently.</div>