Hashirama's answer : what is a Shinobi ?

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
This is actually the main question of the whole series , either will it go further or not, Kishi is trying , by defining a shinobi , to define What is a Human being ?

so this is basically a theory abt hashi's possible answer also i will go through kishi's point of view abt being a human U_U

I- Hashirama's answer ... just now ??

all along the series kishi was giving hints abt this main question : what is the purpose of all this , what is the goal or the meaning of these series anyway

well if you look up to the characters traits and characteristics : we will find that _obviously_ their goals and aims and beliefs were different , but what's astonishing is

All characters have fans , thus they were made Heroes

what does this mean ? then were is the villain ? where is the "Bad guy" we used to have in every story ?

well i guess many of us found out that : there is no villain in the series , haters aside , check every character : Each one has a role , a reason for existing , a meaning for his life, assuming his responsibilities , not only towards his " people" if we might call them so , but most importantly , towards himself ! That's what being a Shinobi really is abt IMO , so hashirama's possible answer is :

Shinobi means to keep holding on to one's true value , to create a meaning to one's own existance

II- Shinobi - Human

well this part is a little different , in which um just wondering what if kishi is actually making a parallel story line of humanity , each one fighting for his own ideology and belief , which is taking place in our real world

~ " Shadows exist because light do , the selfish desire to maintain peace creates war , hatred was also born to protect love " ~

this phrase describes the actual world of ours , so i guess kishi is not like whining abt wars and mourning abt catastrophes, he is rather trying to find an answer which is : _in my theory ofc_ that every one must assume his responsibilities :

-some like the character itachi : will find that self sacrifice is the way to make a perfect world,
-some others like naruto will think that determination is their only way out of this absurd life ,
-others like oro , will think that going to the limits of the concrete perfection will make everything better ,
-Obito and Madara represent the dreamers of our societies who are searching the utopia were True , individual perfection exists and so on ....

All in all : " it won't matter what we_humans_ decide to do from now on" , because in the end, whatever we decide to do, we will remain who we really are : Human beings , that's what makes us perfect.

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Interesting theory!!! I'm guessing it has something to do with the willingness to sacrifice whatever it takes to keep one's friends, family, and home safe......which obviously could go as far as to sacrifice one of the three for the majority of the other two (Itachi).....could tie in with being human!!!

Thane

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Just wait and see, it'll be something like "guardians of love".

I am a bit jaded, yes. Why? Because even if Hashirama's answer is similar to yours (which I like a lot by the way), it won't mean anything simply because the issue is rarely brought up. The focus is always on less interesting (subjective, I know) things than that.

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Interesting theory!!! I'm guessing it has something to do with the willingness to sacrifice whatever it takes to keep one's friends, family, and home safe......which obviously could go as far as to sacrifice one of the three for the majority of the other two (Itachi).....could tie in with being human!!!
yess it does ofc i actually agree with this sacrifice part a lot , but actually some other people think perfection will be reached by other means, so it will only matter if each individual actually "played his own role" if we can put it that way !

Awesome Thread

nice thread
i like this theory a lot
nice thread, like the part that has to do with humanity

* appreciates* Thanks (A)

Too.....*pants* much reading......*thuds*.........nice though
LOL ! my bad dude :$

Just wait and see, it'll be something like "guardians of love".

I am a bit jaded, yes. Why? Because even if Hashirama's answer is similar to yours (which I like a lot by the way), it won't mean anything simply because the issue is rarely brought up. The focus is always on less interesting (subjective, I know) things than that.
actually what is meant by being one's self is a lot deeper than it appears to be, and it was actually brought up implicitly since the start, most recently brought up in itachi\ sasuke's last meeting , that's when kishi decided to present it explicitly ;)

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Kakashi already answered that question in a previous chapter, that a Shinobi is "one who endures" but yes I agree, a Shinobi is one who stands firm on his beliefs and actualizes those beliefs through his actions.
that 's what was annoying basically it's the same way defining a human being as a creature who breathes , feels , reproduces , eat , drink and sleep.

that was quite the simple answer he gave back there, it was one of the main reasons i've created this thread tbh

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Nice theory, especially the first one. But how these theories can change Sasuke's resolve I wonder......
that's the point , it doesn't matter what will he choose to do , whatever it will be , it will make him a shinobi because that's his own conviction !

using the parallelism logic : Kishi wants to transmit the message that it doesn't matter what will you as a human being chose to do , you will always be the form in which you are perfect : a human ! :)

Last edited:

supino

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Nice thread and theory. Hashirama's response is definitely one I very much want to hear, after all the man is a legend not simply because of his abilities but because of the impact his vision had on the shinobi world. After the so6p he might as well be the only other who had such profound and long-term influence on the world.

KingHashirama

Supreme
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Kishimoto's idea/theme are Naruto's beliefs in the end.

Kakashi already answered that question in a previous chapter, that a Shinobi is "one who endures" but yes I agree, a Shinobi is one who stands firm on his beliefs and actualizes those beliefs through his actions.
Naruto is one who answered it not Kakashi.
You must be registered for see images

Itachi Uchiwa

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Nice thread and theory. Hashirama's response is definitely one I very much want to hear, after all the man is a legend not simply because of his abilities but because of the impact his vision had on the shinobi world. After the so6p he might as well be the only other who had such profound and long-term influence on the world.
True That U_U

Kishimoto's idea/theme are Naruto's beliefs in the end.

Naruto is one who answered it not Kakashi.
You must be registered for see images
i don't think Kishi's theme will definitely be naruto's or else he could simply make other characters villains and the only valid ideology will be naruto's , in fact kishi is presenting many possible solutions to reach perfection and they are all ideologies that are adopted by us , humans

sacrifice , dreaming of a utopia, the concrete progress , even those who are looking for revenge , their point of view is valid according to kishi , because we can konw what is the unique solution to be perfect , yet standing firm to what we believe in whatever it is , that's what makes us perfect !