[Debate] Has the world become too sensitive?

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yup. To be honest, people have always been snowflakes. Before it was the conservatives getting mad every time something they don't like airs on TV and now it's the liberals crying every time someone says something they don't like. Both are playing the dangerous game of restricting someone's freedom of speech in favor of someone not being offended.
Post automatically merged:

probably why I can't find a decent laugh in any tv show without some controversy popping up lawl
A bit old example (but still fresh in my memory since I revisit it) is Eminem's album Kamikaze that came out last year. You literally had people pan the album because Eminem used the word "fagg0t" on one song. lol
The uncritical evaluation of a piece of art aside, it's just entertainment dog, chill.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tbh I dont think most the times people outrage about things its genuine where they are actually offended just fake for the discussion.

People complain about things being too pc now adays and I agree and disagree on one hand if you try doing offensive things dont be surprised about the backlash but in same time its taken to far where people cant make mistakes and something's is forcing people think and act in certain way.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Which opinions can't you express freely?
If you hate a character you can not express that or fans of the character or mods who assume you are saying these things to bully fans of the character will remove the post as "character bashing"

OT: No as a whole, we've become desensitized to a lot of things; drug use, violence, vulgarities etc. but the ones who do get offended have an easier time to assemble like minded people and dispersing their gripes, they are also talking the most and loudest most often so they're heard more. That said there are a lot of people who don't seem to know how to not be angry, they look for the smallest shortcoming and hyperbolize as much as possible to paint a specific picture.

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone has different reactions to things, and their past is what creates their sensitivity towards certain subjects... just because someone else doesn't see it as being offensive and rude, doesn't mean someone else won't go home and cry about it. The world is so diverse, if no one was sensitive, then I don't think we would classify as human

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A black dude would get lynched back in the day for whistling at a white girl. If you were the wrong race or religion or a little off, in most places, you were completely fucked. The world has always been easily offended. We've had a lot of freedom within the late 20th century and even now. But it seems now we're pushing the limits of all of our tolerances and people are getting angry again.