Zook1

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have you please can you help make a thesis for an essay this story is so hard to understand.

Are there ghosts or not ?

Wparker6804

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Have you please can you help make a thesis for an essay this story is so hard to understand.

I have no idea what movie/filler that's from. But if you Photoshopped it to slightly see Hinata stand next to that table I would nearly die after laughing so hard!

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I've seen the dramatisation. No one knows, the whole point of the story is not knowing if the ghosts really exist or if they are in the governesses mind. I didn't quite get it, (or like it), but all the follow up reading I did for it, told me this.

Zook1

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've seen the dramatisation. No one knows, the whole point of the story is not knowing if the ghosts really exist or if they are in the governesses mind.
I know that. But I just need a thesis to say why there are ghosts Lol. I can't make one up.I know it's an opinion but I can't make a decent one up XD

King Kendrick

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ghosts XD lol I'm so tired sorry. Yeah the two ghosts just Miss Jessel and Peter.
Lol its good .

I mean Peter Quint stands in for the social threat of the lower classes. In life, he was an ambitious servant, who, we’re led to believe, was a bit too big for his britches. Mrs. Grose tells us that Quint didn’t know his place, and that he was given too much power – once the children’s uncle left Bly, Quint took control of the house and its inhabitants.

So you can say he was a product of the highly structured social hierarchy that existed in that day and age . Not only that but it was believed that he was there to corrupt Miles .

There isnt really anything about Miss Jessel. We know some of her backstory – she came from a good family, and worked at Bly as the children's governess before our narrator arrived on the scene. While at Bly, she had an illicit and possibly quite racy relationship with Peter Quint; this relationship was further complicated by their class difference. The governess believes Miss Jessel’s ghost is haunting Bly with the intention of corrupting Flora.

So as for Miss Jessel you can say she was an accomplice ghost because of the dangerous and racy love .

Source: Any websites i could dig up l0l .

Reactions: Zook1

NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know that. But I just need a thesis to say why there are ghosts Lol. I can't make one up.I know it's an opinion but I can't make a decent one up XD
For that you either have to look at the psyche of the children or the governess. The male ghost was supposed to have sexually abused the boy, if he was a figment then it would be through fear and the governess was perhaps being influenced through isolation, protective feelings for the children and superstition. Have you read it?