Harry Potter Movie Confirmed! Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will be adapted

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
|

Okay, this is the news of the week for me! Though, I expected a HP movie in the coming years but I didn't foresee Fantastic Beasts... to be the one adapted as first in the pipeline. At least, I thought that a sequel might have more chance of happening. Or a prequel in either Marauders or Founders-eras. I even would have placed a penny on a Quidditch movie, before Fantastic Beasts... But this might be quite some fascinating stuff and visual treat.

Main points of the announcements:

- Set 70 years before the birth of Harry, so don't expect Daniel, Rupert, Emma ect... re-handling their wands.

- The narrator is said to be Newt Scammender [ . So maybe, Evanna Lynch might make a cameo as Luna. But it's far from confirmed or hinted. Just my wish...

- Newt was Headmaster of Hogwarts at some point for those who don't know; apart from being the author of Fantastic beasts... in the Potterworld. And blasphemy or genius stroke, an HP movie might have a leading Hufflepuff character xD

- JK Rowling is co-writing the screenplay/script.

- This movie is an extension to the Harry Potter world, featuring content from the Fantastic Beasts... book, content from Pottermore and some original ones. It's not really a prequel as it won't really connect with Harry's story.​

Last edited:

Escorpiius

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then that's the story XD

I have no idea either. She'll be screen writing it, so it'll probably just be the telling of that information through an original story or something.
Rowling put emphasis of Newt Scamender in the announcement. In her version of the Fantastic Beasts... book, she wrote it like the book was supposed to be, in the fandom universe. But then, she used the pseudonym of Newt Scamender and had inserted references from Harry/Ron/Hermione.

Given that the timeline is really set backwards, there won't be the reference part probably. But it'll probably be narrated through Scamender's eyes. It's said that Scamender's childhood was amongst hippogrifs which his mother was a breeder of. If he is going to be the lead character of this movie, then expect a journey of a guy with big dreams and curiosity for the Wizarding Beasts. And his life as a kid with hippogrifs to his care of house elves to his promotion to Beast Division in the Ministry of Magic to his exploration of the world till his life as a best-seller author, a renowned Magizoologist to the post of Headmaster at Hogwarts.

"In 1918, Augustus Worme of Obscurus Books commissioned Scamander to write the first edition of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Scamander, earning only two Sickles a week working at the Ministry, jumped at the chance for extra money and the opportunity to spend his summers travelling the world. Scamander travelled to a hundred countries across five continents researching his book, observing many magical creatures. He learned about their abilities, gained their trust, and occasionally beat them with his travelling kettle if they got too dangerous. First published in 1927, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was a massive bestseller."

Scamender indeed got quite a dreamy adventurous character that can be adapted onto big screen with quite some magic and visual delight. It's up to Rowling, to twist the script along those lines and deliver a true magical movie experience to us. There are actually many beasts that I wanna see more, and I wanna discover how some would be...

Nocturne

Veteran
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im puzzled. This means there will be no Voldermort, nor dumbledore, or anyone else no matter how old he was in the original series.
70 years..hmm...which means there will be hogwarts aswell and im guessing dumbledore too, perhaps. ONLY IF IT RELATES TO THE HP MOVIE! IF NOT, IM GUESSING ONLY THE THEME HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF IT.

Snape Uchiha

Veteran
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm guessing the movies going to be like Brothers Grimm, which is a movie about the brother's Grimm writing their fairy tails. It will probably be about Newt's adventures from studying these beasts in order to write his book.