Cruciatus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Harry Potter is a book for whiney little children who can't find a decent book in the library.
Harry Potter is a well-respected series which gained abundant critical claim, standing out among other children's books for it's charm and wit. It is a series which aged appropriately with its audience, inspired a generation, and taught a timeless story about the power of friendship and love.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on Cursed Child:

It read like glorified fan fiction, and lacked nearly all of the interest the previous seven books contained.
Hermione was stilted and awkward. She lacked her usual cleverness and virtually all of her charm. I do like the idea of her being Minister. It suites her.
Much of Draco's dialogue and many of his interactions with other characters seemed out of place, and rather unexpected. However, if you believe that Draco deserved a redemption, this book will satisfy your craving.
Ron confused me as well. He has, for some reason, adopted the personalities of Fred and George and has gone into the family business of making joke products. It seemed like lazy writing; Ron spent his whole life trying to make a name for himself. He never wanted to be in the shadow of his older siblings, which seems to have been forgotten by the writers.

The new characters are charming enough, but the conflict feels forced. From what we know about Harry, he doesn't seem like the type to force his son apart from a close friend of his (consider, in particular, Albus's other namesake, Severus.) Harry witnessed, through Snape's memories, how his friendship with Lily fell apart. You would think that Harry would know better than to tear apart true friends, because he's seen the effects that can have on a person.

Harry just seemed irrational. He spent his whole childhood being doubted and being estranged from his family and, at times, the wizarding community, and somehow we're supposed to believe he doesn't love and treasure his son? There's no logic to that. I'm entirely confident that he would work harder to understand his son, rather than react the way he did.

And I guess here's my final complaint, for this post at least:
Amos makes the point that many people have "died for the Boy Who Lived." But I call bullshit. How many deaths is Harry actually directly responsible for? James, Lily, Dumbledore, and Snape. I don't think that Harry is directly responsible for the deaths at the Battle of Hogwarts. Those wizards and witches died in an effort to stop a great evil that was plaguing the wizarding world. It was about more than just Harry.

That's all for know. There is a lot more to complain about, when I think about it. It's a pretty shit story.

JENchuuriki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Harry Potter is a well-respected series which gained abundant critical claim, standing out among other children's books for it's charm and wit. It is a series which aged appropriately with its audience, inspired a generation, and taught a timeless story about the power of friendship and love.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on Cursed Child:

It read like glorified fan fiction, and lacked nearly all of the interest the previous seven books contained.
Hermione was stilted and awkward. She lacked her usual cleverness and virtually all of her charm. I do like the idea of her being Minister. It suites her.
Much of Draco's dialogue and many of his interactions with other characters seemed out of place, and rather unexpected. However, if you believe that Draco deserved a redemption, this book will satisfy your craving.
Ron confused me as well. He has, for some reason, adopted the personalities of Fred and George and has gone into the family business of making joke products. It seemed like lazy writing; Ron spent his whole life trying to make a name for himself. He never wanted to be in the shadow of his older siblings, which seems to have been forgotten by the writers.

The new characters are charming enough, but the conflict feels forced. From what we know about Harry, he doesn't seem like the type to force his son apart from a close friend of his (consider, in particular, Albus's other namesake, Severus.) Harry witnessed, through Snape's memories, how his friendship with Lily fell apart. You would think that Harry would know better than to tear apart true friends, because he's seen the effects that can have on a person.

Harry just seemed irrational. He spent his whole childhood being doubted and being estranged from his family and, at times, the wizarding community, and somehow we're supposed to believe he doesn't love and treasure his son? There's no logic to that. I'm entirely confident that he would work harder to understand his son, rather than react the way he did.

Amos makes the point that many people have "died for the Boy Who Lived." But I call bullshit. How many deaths is Harry actually directly responsible for? James, Lily, Dumbledore, and Snape. I don't think that Harry is directly responsible for the deaths at the Battle of Hogwarts. Those wizards and witches died in an effort to stop a great evil that was plaguing the wizarding world. It was about more than just Harry.

That's all for know. There is a lot more to complain about, when I think about it. It's a pretty shit story.
See? True legit fans would be disappointed by it. Ugh. it's like Naruto-Boruto relationship XD as I'm reading it hahaha.. actually I'm still on Act 3, but will eventually finish later or tomorrow. I just want some motivations to finish it XD the start makes my mind :mad:_@:, especially, when it's a play?? I think it would be more confusing.

Anyway, I agree in your statements above. I never thought I would be sympathizing with Draco! LOL. And yea, Ron? Isn't he and Harry an auror??

The plot is a story of a troublesome middle child XD

Will get to these after I finish it. btw, thank you for your opinion that knowing I'm not alone in hating it haha

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm a big Harry Potter fan, but books are not my thing. Also, I dislike such "the son of a former main-character"-type of stories. So I probably gonna ignore this one. Instead, I'm really looking forward to upcoming Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them-movie. Looks great so far.

Reactions: JENchuuriki

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
spoilers: it has been written above, though imo it's like BAD fanfiction that ruins most of the characters, forcefully introduces an offspring of an old villain to focefully extend the story and dabbles in time-travel (BADLY) ++ kinda sounds like a bad fanfic right

as far as I'm concerned this is NOT canon, if I were to accept it as canon a part of my childhod would be in tatters

Last edited:

JENchuuriki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm a big Harry Potter fan, but books are not my thing. Also, I dislike such "the son of a former main-character"-type of stories. So I probably gonna ignore this one. Instead, I'm really looking forward to upcoming Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them-movie. Looks great so far.
Books are more detailed, of course because of the time restrictions.. although movies are good too, but when you read the books there is more than meets the eye! Some movies even altered the story minimally, but it has great impact to the whole story.

and yeah.. "the son of a former main-character"-type of stories" is not really good, like Boruto Manga LOL

spoilers: it has been written above, though imo it's like BAD fanfiction that ruins most of the characters, forcefully introduces an offspring of an old villain to focefully extend the story and dabbles in time-travel (BADLY) ++ kinda sounds like a bad fanfic right

as far as I'm concerned this is NOT canon, if I were to accept it as canon a part of my childhod would be in tatters
Oh hey, it's ok I've read it already over the weekend.. and it is really disappointing! Must move on to some worthy material to remove the disappontment LOL (Been reading Mitch Albom's The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto...), it is a FANFICTION. I bet fans would have been able to write some new story XD

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Books are more detailed, of course because of the time restrictions.. although movies are good too, but when you read the books there is more than meets the eye! Some movies even altered the story minimally, but it has great impact to the whole story.
I know. But I'm simply not the type of person that can sit down and read a book in silence. Instead, visual media suits me a lot better, be it a movie, a tv-series or a videogame. And in my opinion, the Harry Potter movies are brilliant masterpieces. I honestly don't care about the differences between the movies and the original work of JK Rowling.

JENchuuriki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know. But I'm simply not the type of person that can sit down and read a book in silence. Instead, visual media suits me a lot better, be it a movie, a tv-series or a videogame. And in my opinion, the Harry Potter movies are brilliant masterpieces. I honestly don't care about the differences between the movies and the original work of JK Rowling.
it's like between Kishi and SP, all for money~ sacrificing good quality

JENchuuriki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I doubt that it is that bad tho xD
ugh it is haha.

Anyway, HP and Boruto have similarities~

like the three-man cell Harry, Hermione, Ron = Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke (although not in the characters haha!)
orphan stories Harry, Voldy = Naruto, Sasuke, Nagato etc
enemies getting back from the grave Voldy = Madara, Kaguya

and now the next gen

having children as brats Albus Potter = Boruto
Being a parent, who can't be good fathers Harry = Naruto

lol what more XD

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
the cursed child? its worse, like a bad fanfic on the fanfic . net
Nah, my comment was aimed at the difference between the original work of JK Rowling and the movie adaptions. Naru BFF Sasu implied that the difference in quality was as big as Kishi's work of Naruto and Studio Pierrot's anime adaption with it's terrible fillers and bad artwork lots of times.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, my comment was aimed at the difference between the original work of JK Rowling and the movie adaptions. Naru BFF Sasu implied that the difference in quality was as big as Kishi's work of Naruto and Studio Pierrot's anime adaption with it's terrible fillers and bad artwork lots of times.
Well the books are certainly much better, but the movies have a certain charm as well, especially to those of us who grew up with Harry, Hermione and Ron

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Wow. Kinda disappointing, never bought the book since I was afraid of exactly this, something that would ruin my cemented opinion that the HP story is a masterpiece.

Well, guess Cursed Chidl is the Naruto Gaiden of the franchise.