Hardworker or Prodigy?

Silent Hero

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as the Akatsuki, who were natural born geniuses, and who achieved power through hard work?

For example in Konoha,
Lee would be team hard work, while Sasuke/Neji would be prodigies.

Itachi -
Kisame -
Nagato -
Konan -
Hidan -
Kakuzu -
Deidara -
Obito -
Sasori -
Zetsu -

ItachiDaSoloKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi, Deidara, Sasori, Konan and to an extent Obito.

Kisame got Samehada, Nagato got Madara's Rinnegan, Kakuzu has stolen hearts, Hidan has Lord Jashin's blessing, and we still dont know much about Zetsu. So they don't count as Shinobi that worked hard to achieve their power.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as the Akatsuki, who were natural born geniuses, and who achieved power through hard work?

For example in Konoha,

Itachi -
Kisame -
Nagato -
Konan -
Hidan -
Kakuzu -
Deidara -
Obito -
Sasori -
Zetsu -
If I had to guess...

Itachi - Prodigy (obviously)
Kisame - Prodigy
Nagato - Prodigy
Konan - Hard Worker
Hidan - Neither
Kakuzu - Prodigy
Deidara - Prodigy
Obito - Both (Each to a certain extent)
Sasori - Prodigy
Zetsu - Neither

Reactions: Legendary Broly

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If I had to guess...

Itachi - Prodigy (obviously)
Kisame - Prodigy
Nagato - Prodigy
Konan - Hard Worker
Hidan - Neither
Kakuzu - Prodigy
Deidara - Prodigy
Obito - Both (Each to a certain extent)
Sasori - Prodigy
Zetsu - Neither
I second this. Majority of Akatsuki were prodigies tbh. Konan and Obito had to work a bit harder for their power - but once they obtained their power they became very skilled at utilising it.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

For example in Konoha,

Itachi - prodigy
Kisame -nothing he stole a sword
Nagato - hard work and thanks to eye power
Konan - hard work
Hidan - hard work he's an idiot
Kakuzu - prodigy
Deidara - thief
Obito - hard working pedo
Sasori - prodigy
Zetsu - nothing
Done.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
--
Yeah...no. Nagato managed to master and use the Rinnegan far more skillfully than both Madara and Sasuke, true users, ever cared to, Obito was highly praised by Spiral Zetsu to have mastered Mokuton so quickly and was a Chunin at the same age where Naruto and Sasuke had just become Genin, Kisame even before getting his sword was already a very skillful Shinobi working directly under one of Kiri's most influential figures, and the fact that he managed to master its use to the point where he even fused with it speaks volumes, Deidara was a pupil directly under the Tsuchikage himself and part of iwa's explosion corps

Silent Hero

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:lmao: I was thinking the same! OT: Why not both?
Most of them fall under the category of both.

It's much more interesting though to see what members of the base think of each character, if only strictly choosing one side for them.

Of course characters like Zetsu fall under neither category.

~Ethereal~

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most of them fall under the category of both.

It's much more interesting though to see what members of the base think of each character, if only strictly choosing one side for them.

Of course characters like Zetsu fall under neither category.
I think Nagato and Konan were a bit of both.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
--

Yeah...no. Nagato managed to master and use the Rinnegan far more skillfully than both Madara and Sasuke, true users, ever cared to, Obito was highly praised by Spiral Zetsu to have mastered Mokuton so quickly and was a Chunin at the same age where Naruto and Sasuke had just become Genin, Kisame even before getting his sword was already a very skillful Shinobi working directly under one of Kiri's most influential figures, and the fact that he managed to master its use to the point where he even fused with it speaks volumes, Deidara was a pupil directly under the Tsuchikage himself and part of iwa's explosion corps
Nagato also got trained and taught by Jiraiya. And no Nagato with Rinnegan don't compare to Sasuke and Madara with Rinnegan. Sasuke dang near mastered his Rinnegan in not even a day. Madara knew everything about Rinnegan. And we don't even know how long Nagato took to master Madara's Rinnegan even with training. He'd just scream and bam Rinnegan techniques.

Is that why Obito failed what? 1-3 times? And Kakashi the prodigy of the group. And why Madara praised Sasuke for his genius and wished he was born before Obito?

No dude Kisame stole Samehada just because he was a skillful shinobi doesn't mean he was a prodigy he could have been a hard worker but he's still a thief. If anything Zabuza is the true prodigy between the 2.

Samehada is a chakra thirsty thotty he'll fuse with anyone pretty sure.
No Deidara is still a thief because he stole that power to be explode clay.

I bursted out loud when I read Deidara LOL.
:Sparks:

:lmao: I was thinking the same! OT: Why not both?

Yea some don't have a backstory really so had to go by what we do know. XD

Last edited:

Silent Hero

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think Nagato and Konan were a bit of both.
Nagato is definitely both. A hardworking prodigy, that is why he was such a dangerous ninja.

Konan I think had to work a bit harder, but is a prodigy in her own right. She is the only ninja in the series to manipulate paper, and I don't think it's a clan talent either. Her jutsu looks like it is something completely different, making her a genius really.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nagato also got trained and taught by Jiraiya. And no Nagato with Rinnegan don't compare to Sasuke and Madara with Rinnegan. Sasuke dang near mastered his Rinnegan in not even a day. Madara knew everything about Rinnegan. And we don't even know how long Nagato took to master Madara's Rinnegan even with training. He'd just scream and bam Rinnegan techniques.

Is that why Obito failed what? 1-3 times? And Kakashi the prodigy of the group. And why Madara praised Sasuke for his genius and wished he was born before Obito?

No dude Kisame stole Samehada just because he was a skillful shinobi doesn't mean he was a prodigy he could have been a hard worker but he's still a thief. If anything Zabuza is the true prodigy between the 2.

Samehada is a chakra thirsty thotty he'll fuse with anyone pretty sure.
No Deidara is still a thief because he stole that power to be explode clay.

:Sparks:

Sasuke mastered the Rinnegan? If Sasuke had mastered the Rinnegan, that final battle would not have gone down the way it had. Sasuke and Madara both have power, true, more than Nagato could ever hope to have, but Nagato has skill. And given how big a gap there is in between him and both Kakashi and Danzo in terms of skill with their respective stolen Dojutsu, I'd say mastering something like a Rinnegan like that, even with training, is no easy feat.

Sasuke was more of a prodigy than Obito, but Sasuke is arguably the biggest prodigy in the series next to perhaps Itachi and Madara. Orochimaru admitted that despite him being also hailed as a genius prodigy of his own right, he doesn't even come close to what Sasuke is, so saying Obito is not a prodigy simply because Sasuke is better than him doesn't mean much.

Samehada never fused with B. Nor was it ever wielded with the same kind of skill as Kisame used. That is without going into his Suiton feats even, which easily puts him as the best user in the series if you overlook the unfulfilled hype that is Tobirama.

So does that mean that because Sasuke stole Itachi's eyes to get stronger, that makes him not a prodigy? :wut:

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke mastered the Rinnegan? If Sasuke had mastered the Rinnegan, that final battle would not have gone down the way it had. Sasuke and Madara both have power, true, more than Nagato could ever hope to have, but Nagato has skill. And given how big a gap there is in between him and both Kakashi and Danzo in terms of skill with their respective stolen Dojutsu, I'd say mastering something like a Rinnegan like that, even with training, is no easy feat.

Sasuke was more of a prodigy than Obito, but Sasuke is arguably the biggest prodigy in the series next to perhaps Itachi and Madara. Orochimaru admitted that despite him being also hailed as a genius prodigy of his own right, he doesn't even come close to what Sasuke is, so saying Obito is not a prodigy simply because Sasuke is better than him doesn't mean much.

Samehada never fused with B. Nor was it ever wielded with the same kind of skill as Kisame used. That is without going into his Suiton feats even, which easily puts him as the best user in the series if you overlook the unfulfilled hype that is Tobirama.

So does that mean that because Sasuke stole Itachi's eyes to get stronger, that makes him not a prodigy? :wut:
It would have gone down exactly the same. Kishimoto haven't shown neither of they true power.

How does he have skill over them? Nagato showed more paths yea but that was because he was the first Rinnegan user shown. And not to mention he was synced with the Mazo. Nagato trained hard to master Rinnegan even as a teen/adult he couldn't control it much of not at all.

It isn't because of that. It's because Obito was always touted as a loser he was always a failure. And by Uchiha standards he was way below average in skill and intellect.

Okay and? Bee hardly ever uses Samehada and Samehada chose to fuse with you or not. It can also share chakra with the person to heal em.

Except Sasuke didn't steal Itachi's eye's. Itachi knew and wanted Sasuke to get them. Even then without it Sasuke was still a really strong ninja and a prodigy. As far as I know Deidara had nothing until he stole that scroll or whatever as a kid.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It would have gone down exactly the same. Kishimoto haven't shown neither of they true power.

How does he have skill over them? Nagato showed more paths yea but that was because he was the first Rinnegan user shown. And not to mention he was synced with the Mazo. Nagato trained hard to master Rinnegan even as a teen/adult he couldn't control it much of not at all.

It isn't because of that. It's because Obito was always touted as a loser he was always a failure. And by Uchiha standards he was way below average in skill and intellect.

Okay and? Bee hardly ever uses Samehada and Samehada chose to fuse with you or not. It can also share chakra with the person to heal em.

Except Sasuke didn't steal Itachi's eye's. Itachi knew and wanted Sasuke to get them. Even then without it Sasuke was still a really strong ninja and a prodigy. As far as I know Deidara had nothing until he stole that scroll or whatever as a kid.
He does because he shows more. I guess you can make the argument for Sasuke that he is yet to show all he can do, fair enough, he is still here, but Madara is dead and gone and we never got to see him use anything beyond a couple paths of the Rinnegan and the Limbo itself. Madara had the Rinnegan yet barely did ever use it to any of its potential at all while Nagato used it as it was meant to be used and ultimately showcased far more skill with his eyes than its true owners. Also, please do explain how being linked to the Gedo makes his use of the Rinnegan any easier.

Obito was only seen as a failure against the ridiculous prodigy that was Kakashi, yet without even using his Sharingan, he'd gotten through the Chunin Exams by the time he was twelve or thirteen and just moments after getting it he was keeping up with Kakashi and another Jonin of Iwagakure.

Fair enough, B never used Samehada a lot, but saying that fusion is just a matter of choice is not really confirmed. Its just as, if not more, likely that the user requires some sort of skill or technique mastered to do so. Then there is also the fact that Kisame, with only a fraction of his power, was keeping up with Gai in a Kenjutsu-Taijutsu battle and easily managed to subdue the Lee, Tenten and Neji even when disarmed of Samehada. It took Gai Six Gates just to take him down in a battle where we barely saw Samehada's abilities being used. Plus, there's also his Suiton still.

You know, all the Kinjutsu did to Deidara was give him two extra mouths in his hands. He already had a mouth before that. Granted, he was most likely not as fast with forming clay explosives, but then again Deidara's style relies very little on his speed and far more in the way he uses his explosives.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakuzu falls under hard worker, not prodigy. If you don't know his history, read up on it.
Read up on it, but I don't see it how he is either of them. I initially thought he was a prodigy to be trusted with the Earth Grudge and especially picked for the Hokage assassination mission, but this doesn't mention it. Though I also don't see how he is a hard worker, so do you mind explaining your point?

When under the servitude of Takigakure as an elite ninja, Kakuzu took on a mission to assassinate Hashirama Senju, the First Hokage. This mission, however, ended in failure against the God of Shinobi. Despite the insurmountable danger faced on the mission, what awaited his return to his village was the stigma and harsh punishment associated with the failure of his objective. In response to this treatment, a wrong levied against a shinobi who had put life and limb on the line for his village, Kakuzu came to hold a violent hatred for Takigakure as he escaped from imprisonment. In his flight from the village, Kakuzu killed the village elders, took their hearts, and fled with knowledge of the village's most prized forbidden techniques. He made a living off bounty hunting on the black market, and tearing out the still-beating hearts of powerful shinobi to extend his own lifespan and arsenal. At some time in the past, he apparently encountered the Gold and Silver Brothers and witnessed Kinkaku's jinchūriki transformation.

Some time after his defection, he became affiliated with, and joined, the criminal organisation, Akatsuki. During his early years in Akatsuki, he had four partners that he eventually ended up killing due to his short temper, and would come to use their hearts for his Earth Grudge Fear. Eventually, he found a new partner, Hidan who was convinced to join, taking an interest in Kakuzu, thinking of him as a pioneer of immortality. This made Hidan a perfect partner for Kakuzu as he could not be killed because of his own, similar immortality despite their mutual dislike of each other.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Read up on it, but I don't see it how he is either of them. I initially thought he was a prodigy to be trusted with the Earth Grudge and especially picked for the Hokage assassination mission, but this doesn't mention it. Though I also don't see how he is a hard worker, so do you mind explaining your point?
I don't see him as a prodigy because even though he was sent to go kill Hashirama, I'd imagine back then a vast majority of ninja were sent to assassinate kages, rather they were weak, mediocre, or strong. It was a warring-period back then after all; the economy, and power plays were all still developing/changing.

Why I see Kakuzu as a hardworker is because he literally lived off of bounty hunting, he came up from the petty Takigakure assassin who'd failed in his mission attempt to slay Hashirama, suffering a brutal defeat. To an Akatsuki member, who'd become so profound with his Kinjutsu: Jiongu, that he'd lived for to be 91 yrs of age (and would have lived for eternity if not for his defeat).

That just speaks to me as a hard worker. He'd been on his grind, making money, improving his usage of his villages Kinjutsu; finding the key to immortality something that the great Sannin Orochimaru had wanted to attain, as well amassing knowledge from the several decades of life he'd lived.

This man Kakuzu, could have been so much more when you really, truly think about it. He came up from nothing, and made himself solely by himself, all through his hard efforts (stealing the Kinjutsu, collecting bounties to eat/sleep/live, furthering himself in knowledge of his Kinjutsu, and being scouted by the Akatsuki). Dude put in work to get where he was at.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see him as a prodigy because even though he was sent to go kill Hashirama, I'd imagine back then a vast majority of ninja were sent to assassinate kages, rather they were weak, mediocre, or strong. It was a warring-period back then after all; the economy, and power plays were all still developing/changing.

Why I see Kakuzu as a hardworker is because he literally lived off of bounty hunting, he came up from the petty Takigakure assassin who'd failed in his mission attempt to slay Hashirama, suffering a brutal defeat. To an Akatsuki member, who'd become so profound with his Kinjutsu: Jiongu, that he'd lived for to be 91 yrs of age (and would have lived for eternity if not for his defeat).

That just speaks to me as a hard worker. He'd been on his grind, making money, improving his usage of his villages Kinjutsu; finding the key to immortality something that the great Sannin Orochimaru had wanted to attain, as well amassing knowledge from the several decades of life he'd lived.

This man Kakuzu, could have been so much more when you really, truly think about it. He came up from nothing, and made himself solely by himself, all through his hard efforts (stealing the Kinjutsu, collecting bounties to eat/sleep/live, furthering himself in knowledge of his Kinjutsu, and being scouted by the Akatsuki). Dude put in work to get where he was at.
Huh...good point. Kakuzu really did work hard to get where he was.