Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Enough with the same old versus threads. Let's mix things a little.
TO Honor Hanabi's display of her Kaiten, let's pit the revered Hyuuga technique against neighbor clans's.

Can ________ breach Hanabi's Kaiten?
  • Shintenshin (Can spiritual energy be blocked?)
  • Gatsuga (rotation vs rotation?)
  • Chakra Scalpel (fanwar? hohoh)
  • Shadow Bind Technique (how does it work anyway?)
  • Doton (vs non-airborne kaiten; uneven, unstable ground disrupts Kaiten?)
  • Others Please specify :D
Hanabi Slays.

EDIT: We all know how Kaiten is noted as the perfect defense. Is it though?
EDIT 2.0: Why doesn't this appear in Forum Topics Today?

Last edited:

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
none of the things you listed can breach Kaiten.

Edit: probably Doton because the Hyuga need a flat ground to perform Kaiten. without it the Jutsu won't be possible I think

Last edited:

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think some of the things listed can somehow bypass the Kaiten's defense. I mean this could be a sound discussion compared to the undying Byakugan vs Sharingan thread of threads.

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can ________ breach Hanabi's Kaiten?
  • Shintenshin (Can spiritual energy be blocked?)
  • Gatsuga (rotation vs rotation?)
  • Chakra Scalpel (fanwar? hohoh)
  • Shadow Bind Technique (how does it work anyway?)
  • Doton (vs non-airborne kaiten; uneven, unstable ground disrupts Kaiten?)
  • Others Please specify :D
1. Dunno what that is.
2. It gets blocked.
3. Gets blocked.
4. Shadow waits till rotation ends and then catches hyuga can't bypass while rotating.
5. I wonder, i doubt they need ground to rotate as rotating motion itself keeps you in air but is rotation 360 degrees? If not surely and underground attack can be fatal.

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obviously it can't block Yamanaka's mind transfer, but the rest don't break through it. Doton can disrupt it, but that's not quite the same thing.

Anything on par w/ or stronger than an Oodama Rasengan or maybe even Chou Oodama blows through Rotation imo.

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Dunno what that is.
2. It gets blocked.
3. Gets blocked.
4. Shadow waits till rotation ends and then catches hyuga can't bypass while rotating.
5. I wonder, i doubt they need ground to rotate as rotating motion itself keeps you in air but is rotation 360 degrees? If not surely and underground attack can be fatal.
1 is ino's technique and the Yamanaka's
about 4, it still is a shadow and it is a grey area. Unless it is totally made up of chakra, then rotation can deflect it.

Obviously it can't block Yamanaka's mind transfer, but the rest don't break through it. Doton can disrupt it, but that's not quite the same thing.

Anything on par w/ or stronger than an Oodama Rasengan or maybe even Chou Oodama blows through Rotation imo.
Yeah, I want to see a Yamanaka actually mind-raping a Hyuuga :D
About the Doton, Kaiten is still 360-ish. It should have some sort of resistance to Doton techs, somehow???

Last edited:

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
none of the things you listed can breach Kaiten.

Edit: probably Doton because the Hyuga need a flat ground to perform Kaiten. without it the Jutsu won't be possible I think
Why would they need a flat ground? Doesn't the crater left after they're done rotating suggest otherwise?

Hakke

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why would they need a flat ground? Doesn't the crater left after they're done rotating suggest otherwise?
but they still need to stand on a proper ground to Rotate. no?

I mean how would they be able to rotate if someone cracked the ground that they are rotating on like this
You must be registered for see images

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I mean how would they be able to rotate if someone cracked the ground that they are rotating on like this
Let's say Kaiten commences. That's complete spherical defense (including a crater on the ground after). Then a Doton is directed to the Kaiten user. Does the force of rotating chakra deflect and protect the user from, say, a crumbling ground? Maybe.

But since the rotation started on a stable foothold, change in terrain can prove disadvantageous.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well yeah..but a scenario where rotation is going on and the enemy withdraws from the attack that causes rotation to be used in the first place to damage the ground with the user still rotating doesn't seem plausible at least to me especially when we've seen Neji stop rotation abruptly ( ).

I thought you meant if the ground is already uneven, they won't be able to rotate.