zesto

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
ok first of all there are several pictures in this manga that tells us that all sannins are equal and none is lesser or on par, absolutely not true

then you may ask why does this FROG>(EATS SLUG) WHICH IN TURNS >(EATS SNAKES)WHICH EATS >THE FROG

kishi never mislead us we just misinterpret things a lot thats basically all viewers down fall,
this Chinese checkers have confused most of us, IF NOT ALL,
in battle the frog>slug does not relay to Jiriaya>Tsunade, nor does it relay to Bunta>katsuyu..... it only means that if katsuyu was to fight Bunta she would feel intimidated..... same thing in reality frogs eats slugs.
feeling intimated doesn't means you lose in a war, yes you can because your scared, but how much longer will you remain the same?

the slugs>snakes issue is another problem, people overrates oro because of edo tensei and not looking at the disadvantages....... if he dont have total control or a strong binding they can simply breaks free and turn on him or dont help him at all.
you may wonder why is the slug>snake relevant or how can a slug eats snake.....
well NB garden slugs eats snakes whenever they encounter, especially on cabbage or tomatoes, they grows up to 10 inch long and 5 inch in width. think how huge that would be, LIKE A LEECH... hence why Manda attacked katsuyu first because she pose a greater threat in his eyes and he feels intimidated by her........

now it has been proven many times and stated that all 3 are equal, if you re-read the sannins battle better yet the search for the legendary kunoichi arc, there are some statements at the corner and the side of the manga pages indicating such........
sorry if i couldn't find one of them, but i also have a manga scan with kabuto proving such
SEVERAL TIMES ITS BEEN PROVEN FOLKS
3 LEGENDARY PEOPLE
3 PEOPLE EQUAL
3 PEOPLE WHO ARE FAMOUS AND FEARED BY MOST

and now there are 3 LEGENDARY PLACES that contains the first 3 points I've stated above
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

JUICEMON GENESIS

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Bro I DO bleieve the sannin are roughly equal to one another and all (barring Orochimaru due to all of his forbidden jutsu), but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? What's with the whole snake eating slug and frog crap? An animal's natural place on the food chain has nothing to do with their effectiveness in battle nor on the character that summons them. And by that logic, frogs eat chimeras and cerberuses because Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro beat the crap outta Pain's summons. And Pain was WAAAAY stronger than Naruto.

And secondly, frogs RARELY eat slugs as the slimy nature and body composition put a bad taste in the amphibian's pallete. and slugs do NOT eat snakes. I don't know where on the Ten Tails' green earth you got THAT idea from, but it is embarrasingly invalid. I don't want to go into a zoology rant, so I'll just leave it at that.

In conclusion, your reasoning makes little to no sense at all, but your point is somewhat true. I believe the Slug Princess and J-Man are roughly equal to each other, but Orochimaru is a different story.

Fluffyman

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Well nothing to overthink, Orochimaru is just the strongest.

Toyed around with 4 Tails (without arms and in a weak body) while Jiraiya nearly got killed (huge scar on his chest that he showed once).

Also Orochimaru fought (again without arms) against Jiraiya and Tsunade, 1vs2 and he still stood his ground.

illidanson

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I understand what you're saying, but nevertheless i will disagree. Frogs, snakes and slugs might be equal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the sannins are equal as they have many jutsus that are not related to any of those 3 animals.

But if you don't count edo tensei i will admit that the sannins are pretty close in strength (With Tsunade still being a bit weaker than the others). However if you do count edo tensei, Orochimaru is simply on a whole other level than the others.

zesto

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Toyed around with 4 Tails (without arms and in a weak body) while Jiraiya nearly got killed (huge scar on his chest that he showed once).

Also Orochimaru fought (again without arms) against Jiraiya and Tsunade, 1vs2 and he still stood his ground.
kabuto was there so it was a 2vs2

GwemBaba

<div class="bbWrapper"><div class="messageHide messageHide--link"> You must be registered for see links </div><br /> <br /> Only cuz Gwemba loves ya.</div>

Kurama2012

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

if orochimaru had no hands against 4 tailed naruto how did he punch naruto and how did he summon 4 rashomon (does demon gates)
and i dont believe he toyed around as such he couldn't continue as his bodys was starting to reject him so he ha to retreat

they are all equal with there own op techs

zesto

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Bro I DO bleieve the sannin are roughly equal to one another and all (barring Orochimaru due to all of his forbidden jutsu), but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? What's with the whole snake eating slug and frog crap? An animal's natural place on the food chain has nothing to do with their effectiveness in battle nor on the character that summons them. And by that logic, frogs eat chimeras and cerberuses because Gamabunta, Gamaken, and Gamahiro beat the crap outta Pain's summons. And Pain was WAAAAY stronger than Naruto.

And secondly, frogs RARELY eat slugs as the slimy nature and body composition put a bad taste in the amphibian's pallete. and slugs do NOT eat snakes. I don't know where on the Ten Tails' green earth you got THAT idea from, but it is embarrasingly invalid. I don't want to go into a zoology rant, so I'll just leave it at that.

In conclusion, your reasoning makes little to no sense at all, but your point is somewhat true. I believe the Slug Princess and J-Man are roughly equal to each other, but Orochimaru is a different story.
i dont want to go into a zoology rant either, but its true, slugs do eat garden snakes....... everyone will have there own opinion and i agree with edo tensei stuff, thats why i'm even wondering if kishi knows what he's saying, but hey we cant do anything about it, he said there equal so be it :shrug:

iFlowMotion

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It's hard to say if they are equal IMO it goes
Tsunade>oro=jiraiya
He jman has sage mode and oro has forbidden techniques but tsunades has godly strength, heals herself and enormous chakra reserves, shes not as slow as people make her out to be. She damn near killed both jiraiya and oro but thats just my opinion

Kurama2012

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
oro fought 2 sannins without arms and didn't lose.

oro also has edo tensei so you are wrong
did oro win that fight no also he had help in summoning manda also jiraiya was drugged previously by tsunade and the only reason orochimaru could last was because he had a younger body and you could say he lost as he retreated all three never said "lets call it a day" orochimaru fled the scene as he knew he couldnt win

the last shinobi

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

This is an awesome response to this thread, you beat me to it, could not have said it better

the last shinobi

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

More like 1.5 vs 3 (your fogetting naruto and kabuto was involved)