5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

GOTM # 10

"Superheroes"

You must be registered to see images

Welcome to the Animebase GFX Contest of The Month. The theme of the month this time is "Superheroes". So who are you going to pick for your entry?

The maximum size limit of the signature is 450*200 pixels.

Always remember to read the rules before entering the GOTM.
And also think about next month´s theme.

All submissions must be sent via Pm to me

Put this

GOTM # 10: SUBMISSION ~ [Insert Your User Name]

on your pm title.

Last day to submit is, Friday 31st July (GMT+1:00) Central European Time (Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid).

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do we indicate interest first via post here or just do something and send to youYou
The participents are not required to post here at all. They just need to send me their entries in a PM, as explained in the first post.

No one has to post here to show any interest to participate. I just stopped closing this thread right away. I should. :unsure:

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one has to post here to show any interest to participate. I just stopped closing this thread right away. I should. :unsure:
To be fair any discussion in the thread about the contest could be revealing in a contest meant to be anonymous. Say if somebody were to say ask if they were intended to be western style and there ended up being only a single western character entered then it somewhat advertises that they were the one who submitted it. Though personally don't see the real point in making it anonymous, anybody who really wants votes can go through private channels to tell whomever they want which one is theirs and all, the good faith is simply shifted from the voters to the entrants and I'd say entrants are more likely to campaign for votes and that isn't really prevented. That all aside design tendencies leak through to the entries so given a large enough sample size it's not like people can't really figure out who did what without being told even. In the end I'd say closing or not closing the thread it really doesn't matter, but the 'illusion' of it being anonymous is easier to preserve by closing it there's just no way to ensure the contest is truly anonymous even without intentional indiscretions.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be fair any discussion in the thread about the contest could be revealing in a contest meant to be anonymous. Say if somebody were to say ask if they were intended to be western style and there ended up being only a single western character entered then it somewhat advertises that they were the one who submitted it. Though personally don't see the real point in making it anonymous, anybody who really wants votes can go through private channels to tell whomever they want which one is theirs and all, the good faith is simply shifted from the voters to the entrants and I'd say entrants are more likely to campaign for votes and that isn't really prevented. That all aside design tendencies leak through to the entries so given a large enough sample size it's not like people can't really figure out who did what without being told even. In the end I'd say closing or not closing the thread it really doesn't matter, but the 'illusion' of it being anonymous is easier to preserve by closing it there's just no way to ensure the contest is truly anonymous even without intentional indiscretions.
You are not wrong. But that anonymity helps newbies and those who may wish to participate but are either not confident enough or do not wish to be named unless they actually win for their own reasons. People hesitate less in participating when they are not worried about other entries and their own chances etc. It's more flexible and easier to handle. And this way, if there is an entry which needs fixing or have to be rejected, can be done in private. Replacing one's entry if they wish on a later date, is easier too and is not based on what pther eople sent but their own best efforts or choices.

+ In my experience people who ask questions or even declare they will participate or write an essay opining on a theme, forget to actually send one, 80% of the times. Even when they were also the ones to suggest the theme. So one never knows and shouldn't randomly assume who else has participated.

I will close it though. Any queries, clarification or discussion regarding the contest are to continue in the sticky here: https://animebase.me/threads/gfx-theme-suggestions.767283/

Or ask me directly in a PM.

Reactions: kujaku
Status
Not open for further replies.