Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good is the evil we can't prove is evil so we are forced to adapt after it, and we label it good to separate it.

Really everything is evil, all it takes is another point of view and you know the truth.

We all strive to adapt after evil, cus evil really rules the world. Good is whatever you can get away with.

Good doesn't exist.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
God does exist, you just don't know where to look to find him.
If you label everything as evil you will mix all things and loose the scale of values.
Nah man, to see all things as evil creates complexity, it makes you question decisions you otherwise wouldn't, it's like if a story has a clear morality too it, people start to lose the ability to determine what is good and bad themselves, plus the story would suck cus a story is more interesting when it's less preachy.

Tauren Chieftain

Elite
Kin
624💸
Kumi
295💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Pandora opened box Gods gave to her , she released all evils into world . The last emerging from the bottom was Hope who with its lies prevented Pandora from commiting suicide.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When Pandora opened box Gods gave to her , she released all evils into world . The last emerging from the bottom was Hope who with its lies prevented Pandora from commiting suicide.
Sometimes I wonder if hope is a lie a small percentage successful people spreads because it actually worked for them and everyone else aspires to be them.
But for most people hope doens't help.

btw @minamoto I was joking about feminism.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah man, to see all things as evil creates complexity, it makes you question decisions you otherwise wouldn't, it's like if a story has a clear morality too it, people start to lose the ability to determine what is good and bad themselves, plus the story would suck cus a story is more interesting when it's less preachy.
Re-evaluation of your own decisions is a good sign, idk if it has connection with the evil thing, more with the wrong thing one may do.
Is like if you chose a job and you dislike it, you will label the job as evil instead accepting it's not suited for you, hence wrong.
Evil and good are concepts who need comparison with each other to understand how good is a thing vs how bad is another.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good , Evil and God are man made concepts. They have no value in the greater universe. If there is something that is relevant in the greater universe it is neutrality.

However good brings stability. As such it is worth working towards.

Reactions: Urda

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OT: Depends what you take as the source of morality. Humans will always think they know best, but they don't. They take a right not bestowed to them and become like Nimrod.
It's true, we think we are the basis for morality, just like the earth used to be the center of the universe.

If robots become sentient they would be objectively better owners of earth than we are.
Post automatically merged:

Re-evaluation of your own decisions is a good sign, idk if it has connection with the evil thing, more with the wrong thing one may do.
Is like if you chose a job and you dislike it, you will label the job as evil instead accepting it's not suited for you, hence wrong.
Evil and good are concepts who need comparison with each other to understand how good is a thing vs how bad is another.
But people can't agree on what the terms good and evil actually stand for, hence people argue all the time.
This is because there is no definition written in stone, they are just rules we come up with.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's true, we think we are the basis for morality, just like the earth used to be the center of the universe.

If robots become sentient they would be objectively better owners of earth than we are.

But people can't agree on what the terms good and evil actually stand for, hence people argue all the time.
This is because there is no definition written in stone, they are just rules we come up with.
I can bet a definition written in stone really exist for good, and people argue because this is humans' nature.
As social animal being, the humans need the idea of good to define it and explain it for the members who don't have the sense for what to do and how to behave in society.
Imagine the planet without this idea, and how random may be life without it. Even ants have the idea of good if we look carefully at their behaviour.
Any social animal have a system in their small society to establish hierarchy and the role between them of any single member, and in each one some indoviduals may go astray but they are exceptions.
You can define such thing as good because helps the specie to go on and humans society has resemblance with ants society for eg just because living together for many members of the same specie conducts to a similar result: defining of what good means for the members of a society and applying it between them.

OP is talkin about gOOOOd not gOd..
I could swear it was god in the op, but if it was good my bad :shy:
Thinking at God as being good, i think i was OT though...

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can bet a definition written in stone really exist for good, and people argue because this is humans' nature.
As social animal being, the humans need the idea of good to define it and explain it for the members who don't have the sense for what to do and how to behave in society.
Imagine the planet without this idea, and how random may be life without it. Even ants have the idea of good if we look carefully at their behaviour.
Any social animal have a system in their small society to establish hierarchy and the role between them of any single member, and in each one some indoviduals may go astray but they are exceptions.
You can define such thing as good because helps the specie to go on and humans society has resemblance with ants society for eg just because living together for many members of the same specie conducts to a similar result: defining of what good means for the members of a society and applying it between them.

I could swear it was god in the op, but if it was good my bad :shy:
Thinking at God as being good, i think i was OT though...
omg....but !!!!!!..ok guess i have to restart all my efforts from zero again...this is such a pain i swear..

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Exactly, morality came from humans. It has no relevance beyond Earth as humans are confined to the Earth.

The statements on robots is very shaky. It is very difficult to predict how a self aware robot will behave with a sample size of zero. The robots could very well nuke the earth to oblivion.

On a side note God is not a force of Good when he actively promotes genocide and human abuse in his holy books. Humans do not need God to be good. You can discard God entirely and still be a good person. This is what I think.

As an update, if a person wants to be morally good, he/she needs to use Science as a basis not Religion. Religion is based on zero evidence. Science is based on tons of evidence and as a result is closer to the reality and the truth. Truth and Reality are strong foundations for making moral values.

Last edited: