Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Goku and Beerus's universal shockwave feat explained. This will also be debunking frequently used lowballs in vesus standards.

Introduction
In DBS episode 12- The infamous 'Universal Shockwave' took place which introduced the viewers a brand new tier of strength in Dragonball. While Beerus and Goku recklessly collided their fists, there were resultant chi-shockwaves produced which travelled across the Dragoball mortal universe all the way across to the Kaioshin realm which resides outside it.

Explanation
There were total three collisions. The first two collisions managed to annihilate planets, turn meteorites into ashes & destabilize a Sun which was on the verge of exploding. The third collision would've allegedly destroyed the Universe into an empty vacuum made of nothingness, as explicitly stated by Elder Kaioshin.

✓Earth wasn't destroyed by the shockwaves- The shockwave's destructive force is directly proportional to distance traveled as stated by Elder Kaiohshin.

✓The Shockwave never exhibited its true destructive force - Its explained that Goku was trying to match the momentum and the angle of Beerus's attack since the first two collisions to cancel them out. Despite failing, he manged to weaken them to a large extent so that only the minor members of the cosmos were effected by it such as the stars and planets.

✓The shockwaves did shake the Universe - Under the context of the feat, the shaking will perform a gradual Universal destruction by pulling the celestial bodies off their gravitational binding energy and disintegrating them. Its basics science that Shockwaves are vibrations which are defined as the "to and fro motion" of a body aka shaking.

✓The Universal destruction was disrupted- Goku vigorously mirrored the equivalent force, angle & velocity which resulted their punches to be in an perfect equilibrium. This act caused the total net force to be Zero, thus neutralizing the expected shockwaves.

✓Context is the key - Beerus prioritized destruction whereas Goku on the contrary emphasized perseverance as much as he could. The lack of claimed damage assessment is credited to Goku, who was utilizing his Ki control to prevent major collateral by altering the laws of shockwaves.

✓Avoid violating Occam's principle - Ki control is a fundamental mechanism used by Dragonball characters to manipulate the shape, size, trajectory, velocity, direction & the blast radius of their attacks which is proven multiple times.

✓The entire feat is equally divided - The destruction of the Universe was prevented by Goku by applying equivalent force from his part. (The force exerted by Beerus's punch = to the force exerted by Goku's punch). Can't be argued because Goku would have to be overwhelmed by the superior force which he evidently wasn't.

✓Your opinion doesn't overrule the characters and author Narration - The feat is accepted by anyone who isn't delusional and takes the third party confirmation & flash back narration into consideration.

Thanks for reading the thread (y)

Last edited:

Jokule67

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I mean with hiw strong they already were this is obviously the only logical step to go in. They were ready stronger than all the gods and were strong as shit. From ssj1 they could destroy the earth with one blast so I see nothing wring with this lol

Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean with hiw strong they already were this is obviously the only logical step to go in. They were ready stronger than all the gods and were strong as shit. From ssj1 they could destroy the earth with one blast so I see nothing wring with this lol
You should join the fb group known as "Death Battle Territory". That's where I made this post and I also wanted to share this in NB.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I dont think so.

Not that Beerus punch can cause a massive destruction if without any counter-punch from Goku. And how Goku punch that a force itself can reduce the shock effect?

Not that his punch have absorption capability/some form of cushioning property.

Your thinking is based on Goku dont want to cause a destruction to Planet or Universe.

Goku just clashed his fist with Beerus many times and considering he was not physics wise and also never know the full potential of SSG power, I doubt the angle of punch applies here.

This theory not even close to Occam's Razor/heuristic technique at all.

Last edited:

Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think so.

Not that Beerus punch can cause a massive destruction if without any counter-punch from Goku. And how Goku punch that a force itself can reduce the shock effect?

Not that his punch have absorption capability/some form of cushioning property.

Your thinking is based on Goku dont want to cause a destruction to Planet or Universe.

This theory not even close to Occam's Razor/heuristic technique at all.
1- The moment goku stalemated Beerus's punch by matching the exactitude of force and angle gives the feat a 50||50 value meaning they can perform the feat individually. Superior force overwhelms inferior, that's an undisputable fact. To contextualize, it essentially took Goku a while to match the power output that Beerus was using as well as speed and angle of attack. It's physics being demonstrated. When 2 moving objects of equal mass, travel at equal speeds, and at equal opposing directions, they basically cancel out the energy released by their momentum.

2- Agreeable.

3- That was the reference to the obvious Ki control, anyone downplaying the feat is obviously implying the feat as ambiguous whereas on the contrary it isn't.

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1- The moment goku stalemated Beerus's punch by matching the exactitude of force and angle gives the feat a 50||50 value meaning they can perform the feat individually. Superior force overwhelms inferior, that's an undisputable fact. To contextualize, it essentially took Goku a while to match the power output that Beerus was using as well as speed and angle of attack. It's physics being demonstrated. When 2 moving objects of equal mass, travel at equal speeds, and at equal opposing directions, they basically cancel out the energy released by their momentum.

2- Agreeable.

3- That was the reference to the obvious Ki control, anyone downplaying the feat is obviously implying the feat as ambiguous whereas on the contrary it isn't.
I agree they have punching force that can shake/destroy the Universe but without clashed of fists, Beerus couldn't destroy the universe by punching force and shock wave. Unless he using Ki attack like Energy ball or snap his fingers.

Plus I doubt Goku know about Physics really well and also know the full extent of Beerus and his SSG power output. I consider that inside my point. Unless Old Kai be a narrator and explain it in detail in scientific ways(Author POV through a character).

Last edited:

Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree they have punching force that can shake/destroy the Universe but without clashed of fists, Beerus couldn't destroy the universe by punching force and shock wave. Unless he using Ki attack like Energy ball or snap his fingers.

Plus I doubt Goku know about Physics really well and also know the full extent of Beerus and his SSG power output. I consider that inside my point. Unless Old Kai be a narrator and explain it in detail in scientific ways(Author POV through a character).
Later they also had a beam struggle which condensed into a super dense energy ball that lit up the physical universe and the Kaioshin realm but Beerus neutralized the explosion so they could continue fighting.

I'm just going by what's stated lol. Goku himself mentioned that he matched the force and angle to cancel the shockwaves out.

Last edited:

TimothyTheTomato

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Ultimate proof of Goku( end Of Beerus God of Destruction Arc ) is macroversal

After Goku heals from Beerus piercing his chest and powers up and flies into space

Beerus clashes with Goku and universe destroying shockwaves are formed.

You must be registered for see images

It took 2.5 of them to create the force capable of destroying universe 7 and the kaoishin realm. They're weaker at the epicenter( unlike shockwaves in normal conditions/real life), which is why Earth remained.

The shockwaves full effects were prevented by goku.

After the second blow Goku mastered hitting at an angle and force equal to beerus to make the shockwaves stop.
That's why the universe didn't go away. This is explicitly stated right after it happens.

There is no contradiction to shockwaves final effect=the destruction of universe 7 and the kaoishin realm

Supreme kai even asks why nothing was destroyed and elder kaoi explains this.
After which they resume melee and they note that their strikes are stronger than before(during the shockwaves but now nothing is being destroyed)

They collide blasts(Goku surpasses ssgs limits in this clash)
and Form a "dense energy ball" capable of destroying the universe afterlife and the kaoishin realm. Again, this was explained by elder kai.

When its about to explode Beerus nullifies the explosion capable of destroying the universe afterlife and kaoishin realm with ease.

They continue to fight but Goku leaves ssg form to ssj.
Its stated by beerus that goku fully merged with its power. Its also stated by vegeta to have surpassed ssg..
They continue to fight and return to the sky then ocean and then back to space and clash blasts another time. With far much more power than before.
In fact,Beerus confirms that the amount of energy Goku was currently using would be more difficult to nullify than the previous blasts(This should include the dense energy ball he easily nullified)

This time a much stronger sphere of destruction appears

The sphere of destruction contained more power than the high dense energy ball and Gokus final kamehameha and according to Elder Kai it should destroy anything even near it
Goku survived being inside of it (durability feat) and destroyed it ( destructive capability and striking power feat)

Goku by the end of his fight with Beerus is definitely macroversal+/universe 7 + kaoishin realm

So what we have is this

Gokus final strike(rest of his ki in his fist like against king Piccolo)>Sphere of destruction>Gokus final kamehameha( said to be more hard to cancel than the dense energy ball)>Dense energy ball

Also Goku >Ssj Goku Final kamehameha>ssj post god>fp ssg(past limits)>fp ssg(during beam clash)>post zenkai ssg goku(who canceled shockwaves)

And Ssb is beyond current ssj and ssg
And Goku can multiply his ssb power by 10

Last edited: