Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For example this is a old bollywood song-

You must be registered for see medias

And this is new one

Is it all Hollywood copy for you guys if it is..Share your opinions...I have heard it from lots of foreigners that Indian film industry is just a copy of Hollywood for them but I seriously can't see it..So If you think it is please share your points.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
the first one was hella cheesy. it reminds me of like a broadway musical more than like “Hollywood”, i would say its just a musical in general, its also not that old, one of my ex’s mom showed me older Bollywood songs than this. though i like how the instrumental was structured more into short movements, reminded me of western Opera a bit in that way. i mean usually here the music for broadway shows or like Disney movies have dynamics and sections but this was different, they were more structured like classical movements. but that song didnt really have that much distinct of an Indian sound imo. my ears are trained for western scales and i could immediately tell what key that was in. with a lot Indian folk/traditional music ive heard i always get thrown off because like even in what would be be the key of C major in western music, theres like 5 half steps. -but- i think that makes it more unique to the region, specifically the vocal runs of older Indian music were crazy sounding to my ear but worked which was cool and you didnt really hear from other cultures. the only thing that was Indian about this musically was little Sitar triplets here and there. even the refrain of “i love you” was in English (unless its said the same). then the dudes little vocal run at the end was straight up RnB influenced more than like an Indian vocal run. then i thought fam was about to bust out a dope guitar solo and he only hit two notes, then threw the guitar 💀💀💀. i heard better and older Bollywood songs, this isnt -that- old and the music is heavily western influenced. i dont think it was terrible though, the groove was okay in the middle like when the congas/bongos come in. but overall cheesy but to be fair, musicals are kind of cheesy in general

the second one, that groove tho, im all for it. that was a good song, i think thats also a sitar but i loved that little riff beside the percussion in the first part, was bangin. see this is a lot more simple, though its structured similarly to the first, so i guess Bollywood does there musically like Operas. but the first one the timbres didnt match as well on the instrumentation and there was too much going on in the arrangement at parts. there was nothing really memorable, you dont need a lot to make a strong song and when you do too much, it becomes less memorable ive learned. i still think its more western sounding than eastern, it specifically reminds of like South American music, idk what they have against those old school Indian vocal runs but i thought they were cool. actually our music has influenced most cultures i learned when i traveled, the only difference nowadays be the languages, so i cant act like its only Indians . but i wasnt really feeling the chorus? seemed like a chorus... but like, i get the build up it wasnt as effective as it couldve been imo. the extra instrumentation slightly took away from the groove. that groove was heavy and gets a little less groovy at that part but not ruined. but like the ending in the club, when they switched from acoustic percussion to the house kick and synth bass, making more like EDM. it was bangin honestly. i still think the dancing is cheesy and the first guy doing vocals wasnt as good at singing as the second. overall i actually liked that though a lot more than the first one

also with most Bollywood the set pieces are like the budget it seems for these songs lol. you can tell a lot of money went into that second one specifically

Last edited:

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the first one was hella cheesy. it reminds me of like a broadway musical more than like “Hollywood”, i would say its just a musical in general, its also not that old, one of my ex’s mom showed me older Bollywood songs than this. though i like how the instrumental was structured more into short movements, reminded me of western Opera a bit in that way. i mean usually here the music for broadway shows or like Disney movies have dynamics and sections but this was different, they were more structured like classical movements. but that song didnt really have that much distinct of an Indian sound imo. my ears are trained for western scales and i could immediately tell what key that was in. with a lot Indian folk/traditional music ive heard i always get thrown off because like even in what would be be the key of C major in western music, theres like 5 half steps. -but- i think that makes it more unique to the region, specifically the vocal runs of older Indian music were crazy sounding to my ear but worked which was cool and you didnt really hear from other cultures. the only thing that was Indian about this musically was little Sitar triplets here and there. even the refrain of “i love you” was in English (unless its said the same). then the dudes little vocal run at the end was straight up RnB influenced more than like an Indian vocal run. then i thought fam was about to bust out a dope guitar solo and he only hit two notes, then threw the guitar 💀💀💀. i heard better and older Bollywood songs, this isnt -that- old and the music is heavily western influenced. i dont think it was terrible though, the groove was okay in the middle like when the congas/bongos come in. but overall cheesy but to be fair, musicals are kind of cheesy in general

the second one, that groove tho, im all for it. that was a good song, i think thats also a sitar but i loved that little riff beside the percussion in the first part, was bangin. see this is a lot more simple, though its structured similarly to the first, so i guess Bollywood does there musically like Operas. but the first one the timbres didnt match as well on the instrumentation and there was too much going on in the arrangement at parts. there was nothing really memorable, you dont need a lot to make a strong song and when you do too much, it becomes less memorable ive learned. i still think its more western sounding than eastern, it specifically reminds of like South American music, idk what they have against those old school Indian vocal runs but i thought they were cool. actually our music has influenced most cultures i learned when i traveled, the only difference nowadays be the languages, so i cant act like its only Indians . but i wasnt really feeling the chorus? seemed like a chorus... but like, i get the build up it wasnt as effective as it couldve been imo. the extra instrumentation slightly took away from the groove. that groove was heavy and gets a little less groovy at that part but not ruined. but like the ending in the club, when they switched from acoustic percussion to the house kick and synth bass, making more like EDM. it was bangin honestly. i still think the dancing is cheesy and the first guy doing vocals wasnt as good at singing as the second. overall i actually liked that though a lot more than the first one

also with most Bollywood the set pieces are like the budget it seems for these songs lol. you can tell a lot of money went into that second one specifically
[/QUOT

the second guy in the second song is the same as the first song's guy its just that after 20 years he become a huge superstar that's why his song looked expensive..And also they don't sing they just lip sync...These songs are first recorded by singers then are given to the movies and then they make these kinds of things from it..

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

You seems like you know music...Thanks for sharing your opinion...Btw the first video song was released 18 years ago and the guy is the same guy who appeared later in second song....He is a huge superstar now..

Kin
117💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Care to elaborate? Is it a reference to dance or possible autotune issues?

Look at these bizarre, surreal adverts. They're meant to be weird: They show you what the TV looks like in the hell world of Metal Gear Solid 4.

Look how they push military as the ultimate ideal.

Now look at bollywood. They don't push military as the ideal, they prefer consumerism and hot babes, but you see what I mean?

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They don't push military as the ideal, they prefer consumerism and hot babes, but you see what I mean?
Ohh that.. Yeah, many of them do but it depends on the kind of movies they are from. There are songs that do not promote consumerism or hot babes.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ohh that.. Yeah, many of them do but it depends on the kind of movies they are from. There are songs that do not promote consumerism or hot babes.

i like the first two musically. in the first one, the women singing is too close to the mic though in the beginning, so her voice, its like shes right in your ear and further from the instrumentation, her voice could sit in the mix better. but towards the end though the spacing of the recording is correct. you can tell theyre multiple vocal takes on the track, which isnt uncommon just based on the recording quality. another way is in the very beginning when she goes up in volume, there would be more space around her voice and the reverb would be clearer which would make it blend with the other instrumentation more. but she has a beautiful voice, i LOVE the vocal runs, this is what i was missing in the OP's first two songs. those vocal runs are specific to that region and are beautiful. these songs also werent heavily western influenced like those in the OP. theres like cool woodwinds in the first one, idk they are, i thought maybe a clarinet? or some eastern woodwind but i like it, very relaxing and matches well against her voice, sounds unique to my ears. the instrumentation actually changed quite a bit and added in different voicings without the arrangement becoming cluttered. whatever woodwind that was doing the little solo during the bridge also had those same eastern runs, sounded great

the second one, the guy singing had a nice little vibrato to his voice he flexed immediately lol. but it sounds good. he didnt really hit the runs heavy like the lady in the first. but he had a nice voice and did hit a couple even with a echo attached. the mix was also better throughout. but when the song opens up and other instrumentation comes in and that guitar comes in. its classy and chill, actually reminds me a lot of 60's psychedelic folk and pop here. but thoses two styles are highly derivative of eastern music, psychedelic rock does this too but its more bluesy. but to my ears it sounds just like it, this could totally be what we'd consider a psychedelic folk song (minus the few eastern vocal runs). but as a whole, i like. very chill and relaxing

but i like the vocals in all three. the OP's songs definitely seemed like they were more commercial. specifically the second video he posted, that dance scene was disney level over the top. though that song was hella groovy imo, the vocals had a lot of eq'ing done to them though. these arent eq'd as heavy vocally but these singers also have stronger voices so it makes sense, though these are less groovy and more chill. nice to hear more different sides of bollywood music though

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i like the first two musically. in the first one, the women singing is too close to the mic though in the beginning, so her voice, its like shes right in your ear and further from the instrumentation, her voice could sit in the mix better. but towards the end though the spacing of the recording is correct. you can tell theyre multiple vocal takes on the track, which isnt uncommon just based on the recording quality. another way is in the very beginning when she goes up in volume, there would be more space around her voice and the reverb would be clearer which would make it blend with the other instrumentation more. but she has a beautiful voice, i LOVE the vocal runs, this is what i was missing in the OP's first two songs. those vocal runs are specific to that region and are beautiful. these songs also werent heavily western influenced like those in the OP. theres like cool woodwinds in the first one, idk they are, i thought maybe a clarinet? or some eastern woodwind but i like it, very relaxing and matches well against her voice, sounds unique to my ears. the instrumentation actually changed quite a bit and added in different voicings without the arrangement becoming cluttered. whatever woodwind that was doing the little solo during the bridge also had those same eastern runs, sounded great

the second one, the guy singing had a nice little vibrato to his voice he flexed immediately lol. but it sounds good. he didnt really hit the runs heavy like the lady in the first. but he had a nice voice and did hit a couple even with a echo attached. the mix was also better throughout. but when the song opens up and other instrumentation comes in and that guitar comes in. its classy and chill, actually reminds me a lot of 60's psychedelic folk and pop here. but thoses two styles are highly derivative of eastern music, psychedelic rock does this too but its more bluesy. but to my ears it sounds just like it, this could totally be what we'd consider a psychedelic folk song (minus the few eastern vocal runs). but as a whole, i like. very chill and relaxing

but i like the vocals in all three. the OP's songs definitely seemed like they were more commercial. specifically the second video he posted, that dance scene was disney level over the top. though that song was hella groovy imo, the vocals had a lot of eq'ing done to them though. these arent eq'd as heavy vocally but these singers also have stronger voices so it makes sense, though these are less groovy and more chill. nice to hear more different sides of bollywood music though

Monali does keep mic close.

The woodwind.. I think you are referring to Bansuri/Vanshi ( flute) sound around 1:24 in that video.

I just went for random non glamorous videos. I could use this too
but Aishvarya is glamour by herself.

About the second song in OP and Disney reference. Yeah musicals work that way. That video was about the those two actors dancing together and movie makers used that to sell the movie.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
live performance is different from a studio recording, you kind of have too be close in a live setting because youre not isolated and the mic will pick up feedback, also the mic usually isnt as sensitive as the ones used in studio recording. but still in a live setting shes close like she got drums behind her lol. she might not have a lot of volume as a singer, like the guy hes a good distance for that performance. but it sounds balanced, like her signal doesnt sound too close to me, whoever is doing the sound for that performance did good

yeah, shes gorgeous. some of the dancing in that was hilarious. he kept grabbing her by the ponytail lol. but i see what you mean, a lot more went into this one visually. thought musically it reminds me of the other three you showed. what kind of music is this? is it called bollywood music or something else?

also what were those two songs about that you first showed? i get theyre love songs but i couldnt really tell from the video about what specifically, especially the first one
English translation for the first:
Moh Moh ke dhage:

These threads of attachment,
have got entangled in your fingers
I seem to get no clue,
how to undo this knot..
every particle of my body is a musical instrument,
that passes through the clouds..

you must be a little mad, that you have chosen me..
how, how did you listen to everything that was unsaid..

you are like a day, I am night.
come let’s meet like they both meet in the evening..

this heart wasn’t so carefree earlier..
letters seem to have found
a new address..

on the empty street, I walk with my eyes closed,
I’ll reach at least somewhere even if for no reason..

Second one:
when you pass by me it is as if you are a railway train,
and like a bridge, I shudder/shiver like a bridge..
even though you don’t listen to me one bit,
I keep murmuring your name..
in the paths of some long journey,
You are like a bonfire for me

there are locks of wood,
which you have kept on your eyes,
open them with the keys of signs..
the night that remains,
I have waited for it since evening,
add a little bit of dirtiness to your intentions (in this night)..
I am like a water bubble,
if I think of you, I burst..

Third song:
The one whose Karma precede them
They reach the shores of (river)Ganga
Don’t pollute Ganga
You wash your body, (but) your consious remains dirty

It will never come back
The spoken word and water that’s flown away
Don’t pollute Ganga
You wash your body, (but) your consious remains unclean

Let yourself be fully submerged in the river Ganga
(let) the evils in your heart flow away with these waves
( if you are not letting your ill thoughts go and submerge yourself completely meaning letting the ngeative thoughts go too)

The one who’s gone will never return back
Only your deeds are the ones that will accompany you(wherever You go, even after You die)

(let) the evils in Your heart flow away with these waves

Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange Gange… (x4)
Hail Ganga! Hail Ganga!

You own yourself
Everyone/Everything else is just fallacy
Why couldn’t You understand(this fact)
That Your body is earth/soil and everything else you think is yours is an illusion( fleeting)

(Even if) you put on the saffron cloth( it is inconsequential)
[ Note: Saffron is associated with robes of ascetics. and renunciation/sacrifice. ]
You have to leave behind every garment(when You leave this world)

(let) the monster in Your heart flow away with these waves

Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange Gange… (x8)
Hail Ganga! Hail Ganga!

All of them are movie songs and in Hindi. Production houses differ. Second song was from a Indo French movie.

Edit: You deleted that post I replied to...

Last edited:
  • Haha

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
English translation for the first:
Moh Moh ke dhage:

These threads of attachment,
have got entangled in your fingers
I seem to get no clue,
how to undo this knot..
every particle of my body is a musical instrument,
that passes through the clouds..

you must be a little mad, that you have chosen me..
how, how did you listen to everything that was unsaid..

you are like a day, I am night.
come let’s meet like they both meet in the evening..

letters seem to have found
a new address..

on the empty street, I walk with my eyes closed,
I’ll reach at least somewhere even if for no reason..

Second one:
when you pass by me it is as if you are a railway train,
and like a bridge, I shudder/shiver like a bridge..
even though you don’t listen to me one bit,
I keep murmuring your name..
in the paths of some long journey,
You are like a bonfire for me

there are locks of wood,
which you have kept on your eyes,
open them with the keys of signs..
the night that remains,
I have waited for it since evening,
add a little bit of dirtiness to your intentions (in this night)..
I am like a water bubble,
if I think of you, I burst..

Third song:
The one whose Karma precede them
They reach the shores of (river)Ganga
Don’t pollute Ganga
You wash your body, (but) your consious remains dirty

It will never come back
The spoken word and water that’s flown away
Don’t pollute Ganga
You wash your body, (but) your consious remains unclean

(let) the evils in your heart flow away with these waves
( if you are not letting your ill thoughts go and submerge yourself completely meaning letting the ngeative thoughts go too)

The one who’s gone will never return back
Only your deeds are the ones that will accompany you(wherever You go, even after You die)

(let) the evils in Your heart flow away with these waves

Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange Gange… (x4)
Hail Ganga! Hail Ganga!

You own yourself
Everyone/Everything else is just fallacy
Why couldn’t You understand(this fact)
That Your body is earth/soil and everything else you think is yours is an illusion( fleeting)

(Even if) you put on the saffron cloth( it is inconsequential)
[ Note: Saffron is associated with robes of ascetics. and renunciation/sacrifice. ]
You have to leave behind every garment(when You leave this world)

(let) the monster in Your heart flow away with these waves

Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange, Har Har Gange Gange… (x8)
Hail Ganga! Hail Ganga!

All of them are movie songs and in Hindi. Production houses differ. Second song was from a Indo French movie.

Edit: You deleted that post I replied to...
yo what kind of black magic is this. you zombied my post xD. no but it said you were offline but anyways, i figured i could look up the lyrics and genres so i deleted it, my bad. though i found before this it is actually called Bollywood music, youre right. ive heard of like Raga or Dadra but i guess in this context it is a musical so it makes sense. like we dont have specific genre names for songs in musicals here. unless like in a biopic of a music artists life

though i wouldve never guessed those songs were about that from the video, i like the lyrics of the third one specifically, makes me have more appreciation for the song. i thought it was some sort spiritual ceremony based on the video but i didnt know for sure. the one with Aishvarya though is a wedding right? also why does he keep pulling her ponytail? over here people on twitter would be all over that, seems a little disrespectful (though i laughed when first i saw it). but maybe im missing something in context of the song?

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yo what kind of black magic is this. you zombied my post xD. no but it said you were offline but anyways, i figured i could look up the lyrics and genres so i deleted it, my bad. though i found before this it is actually called Bollywood music, youre right. ive heard of like Raga or Dadra but i guess in this context it is a musical so it makes sense. like we dont have specific genre names for songs in musicals here. unless like in a biopic of a music artists life

though i wouldve never guessed those songs were about that from the video, i like the lyrics of the third one specifically, makes me have more appreciation for the song. i thought it was some sort spiritual ceremony based on the video but i didnt know for sure. the one with Aishvarya though is a wedding right? also why does he keep pulling her ponytail? over here people on twitter would be all over that, seems a little disrespectful (though i laughed when first i saw it). but maybe im missing something in context of the song?
You mean Raga and Taal. Dadra is just one of the Taals (Rythm pattern/musical meter). e.g. Dadra, teen Taal, Ektaal, Kaharava, Dhamar...

Bollywood music is not really a genre- Term Bollywood was first coined by some movie magazines and got more popularized by internet. It only means that the song is from a movie.

There are classical music singers, ( south Indian classical style is distinct from northern even though both have same tala and raga base) , folk music from different parts and with different styles, instruments from different parts and movie makers can and do use pretty much anything they can use. From all over the world and a lot of fusion music included.

That last video- no, it's not a wedding song. The couple was already married and temporary separated so it kept switching between actual present day scenario and fantasy representation of past good times in dance scenes. Wording goes something like this:

"These nights are bland without You
Dry and withered
Even upon wishing, they (nights) are not passing"

Hmm...You are right.. I didn't pay that much attention, not enough to think over it. But no, that braid pulling was not controversial at the time. Probably because, the act seemed light & playful without actual force with intention of hurting. It is an old trope for childish pranks among friends. It would be an issue if the relationship context was abusive and it was done is a harsh manner.
On top of it the movie was made by one of the well known Leftist director who promoted leftist ideology in movies too. And it was 2007. So, he was not likely to be targeted on Twitter. Political atmosphere is more charged today than before.

I can still complain about that behaviour being rather patronizing and patriarchal- it kind of is- but, if I post anything like that about that scene on Twitter, right wingers will call me nazi feminist and Leftist would accuse me of being some evil right winger who is trying to make their poster boy look bad by nit picking on something benign. Neither side is going to actually listen.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You mean Raga and Taal. Dadra is just one of the Taals (Rythm pattern/musical meter). e.g. Dadra, teen Taal, Ektaal, Kaharava, Dhamar...

Bollywood music is not really a genre- Term Bollywood was first coined by some movie magazines and got more popularized by internet. It only means that the song is from a movie.

There are classical music singers, ( south Indian classical style is distinct from northern even though both have same tala and raga base) , folk music from different parts and with different styles, instruments from different parts and movie makers can and do use pretty much anything they can use. From all over the world and a lot of fusion music included.

That last video- no, it's not a wedding song. The couple was already married and temporary separated so it kept switching between actual present day scenario and fantasy representation of past good times in dance scenes. Wording goes something like this:

"These nights are bland without You
Dry and withered
Even upon wishing, they (nights) are not passing"

Hmm...You are right.. I didn't pay that much attention, not enough to think over it. but no, that braid pulling was not controversial at the time. Probably because, the act seemed light & playful without actual force with intention of hurting. It is an old trope for childish pranks among friends. It would be an issue if the relationship context was abusive and it was done is a harsh manner.
On top of it the movie was made by one of the well known Leftist director who promoted leftist ideology in movies too. So, he was not likely to be targeted on Twitter. And it was 2007. Political atmosphere is more charged today than before.

I can still complain about the behaviour being rather patronizing and patriarchal- it kind of is- but if I post anything like that about that scene on Twitter, right wingers will call me nazi feminist and Leftist would accuse me accuse me of being some evil right winger who is trying to make their poster boy look bad by nit picking on something benign. Neither side is going to actually listen.
well i mean its over ten years now ya know. majority of people dont care that much -unless- something else comes out against the director regarding sexism, then theyll look back and this wont be the best of looks. but also like you said, the climate socially and politically was different in 07’. now if he did some shit like that, he would catch heat. i did laugh the first time because it was unexpected, like yo what? he just pulled her hair lol. but then he did it like two more times so and the vibe was lighthearted like you said, so i figured it was some sort of inside joke between them. but still...didnt sit right with me so it stood out

oooh so Dadra is a time signature, like 3/4, 4/4, 6/4. i get it, thats a cool name, I like that, im going to keep that on deck for when i name like a pet. when i was looking it said it was vocal genre. so i was thinking like Acapella. but that makes more sense that its a rhythm of singing. do you know of any cool sounding instruments that are specific to South Indian and North? like outside of the sitar

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well i mean its over ten years now ya know. majority of people dont care that much -unless- something else comes out against the director regarding sexism, then theyll look back and this wont be the best of looks. but also like you said, the climate socially and politically was different in 07’. now if he did some shit like that, he would catch heat. i did laugh the first time because it was unexpected, like yo what? he just pulled her hair lol. but then he did it like two more times so and the vibe was lighthearted like you said, so i figured it was some sort of inside joke between them. but still...didnt sit right with me so it stood out

oooh so Dadra is a time signature, like 3/4, 4/4, 6/4. i get it, thats a cool name, I like that, im going to keep that on deck for when i name like a pet. when i was looking it said it was vocal genre. so i was thinking like Acapella. but that makes more sense that its a rhythm of singing. do you know of any cool sounding instruments that are specific to South Indian and North? like outside of the sitar
A pet named Dadra/Daadara (spelling based on how it's pronounced).... interesting..

Cool sounding North Indian instruments? I cannot say what would sound cool to you.. Santoor, Sarod, Sarangi, vanshi or Bansi,... Shahnai.. or some thing like tabala, nagada, dhapali, shehnai etc. For what purpose?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A pet named Dadra/Daadara (spelling based on how it's pronounced).... interesting..

Cool sounding North Indian instruments? I cannot say what would sound cool to you.. Santoor, Sarod, Sarangi, vanshi or Bansi,... Shahnai.. or some thing like tabala, nagada, dhapali, shehnai etc. For what purpose?
yeah, i like it. idk if ill get another pet though but...its definitely in the vault for when i need to name something. though thanks for the instruments really, you definitely earned that miss India sash and crown with the culture youre dropping on me. but i am a professional recording artist, i have a whole studio built in my house with sound proofed walls and a nice booth, have a bunch of stuff in there. but im always on the lookout for interesting timbres for songs. i can arrange a song for basically any instrument, though i can play a lot of instruments and sing well. i try not to just limit myself to just the ones im good at for songs, i dont need to be like Beethoveen on the Santoor to use it in a song in a interesting way, just have to know how to play the notes and tune it correctly. though i also like just collecting cool instruments from around the world in general. i have all kinds of stuff around my house i cant play but is a cool decoration and if i or someone else plays it, i like the sound it makes

though ive been watching youtube videos of the instruments you listed. i like the sounds of the santoor, sarangi and tabla. very interesting imo, the sarod also looks really cool. i actually just ordered a good quality tabla set and a nice santoor. couldnt really find a sarangi, there was one on ebay but im always hearing about how sketchy ebay is. im pretty sure i can play the tabla well, the santoor kind of reminds me of a smaller marimba with strings, pretty sure i could play that with a little practice. the sarangi is like if a lute and a violin had a baby, looks more complicated for me. but ill still get one if i find a well made one. so yeah, thanks