Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hades destroys, he's the lord of the underworld. He can either: Manipulate souls to do his bidding, rip gildarts soul out himself, or use dark energy to steal all of his power.

Hades can also use his helm to turn intangible and invisible at the same time, its like a better kamui
Yeah while Gildarts can pop people into two.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
35,303💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's really hard to say as we don't know that much about gildarts in all honesty. But the main thing was he went up against achnologia and lived, which is a ft in itself. But apart from the not really much has been seen or said about him. I'd like to think he's like shanks from OP, isn't shown much but when he gets his spotlight he will show his true power.

I'm going to say hades would win by some sneaky trick or something, as gildarts seems the kind of character who would lose for being distracted or too trusting.

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gildarts will give hades a good fight
Gildarts in his prime would have defeated hades pretty handily, but with artificial limbs and his age, he will lose high diff

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is there a databook type thing for Fairy Tail? I am curious to know how powerful is Gildarts. If his power level is anywhere near Laxus than you would have a point. If not than this would be a far more deeper fight than the one he had with Laxus.
Well besides the fact that I was talking about the Greek god, id say gildarts is fairly close to laxus

milkydean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gildarts will give hades a good fight
Gildarts in his prime would have defeated hades pretty handily, but with artificial limbs and his age, he will lose high diff

joodaa

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think if gildarts knows about his heart and destroys it he wins, as laxus did quite well against hades until he couldn't be bothered and gave his magic to natsu.

Lasta

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From what we've seen of Gildarts so far, if there are no friendship powers involved, Hades takes this high diff.
Besides we don't know much about Gildarts.

But as from the beginning it was said that Gildarts is the strongest in ft, if he has improved like the rest of ft then he might win. This is a tough match up.

Kin
7💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(I'm using Tenrou Island characters, not the current ones, because that's when Hades was alive so it's more fair)

I don't remember much of Gildarts' feats back then, but Hades should win. If you look at his fight with Makarov, he threw Makarov in his TITAN form, he used a magical barrier instead of taking hits directly, and he casted an Amaterasu 100 that blew up 1/5 of Tenrou Island, so you can tell he was just toying with Laxus in comparison. And how close is Laxus from Gildarts' level? Because I'd say Hades with his full power must be at least 3 TIMES better than Laxus'!

More seriously: Crush magic has its limits against too powerful magic, otherwise Gildarts would be able to block even roars of Achnologia. Seeing how Hades has more range, he should start attacking first, and Gildarts would be forced into defensive against such devastating magic. While he might be able to BLOCK Hades' most offensive spells, I doubt he could completely PIERCE through them and reach Hades. Slicing Bluenote's black hole was impressive, but an Amaterasu 100 boosted by the Devil's Eye is something else entirely, and I'm pretty sure Hades could spam this spell with his near-infinite supply of magic.
So the fight would either last until Gildarts runs out of magic, either until he loses patience and runs desperately into Hades (wich means he'd get hit by Amaterasu and that would completely drain his magic), either until Hades finds the time to cast Grimoire Law.