Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I'm suggesting is a contest of a similar format as the Photography one.

Users click a 5 second video, following the theme of that month's suggested theme, than loop it in to a 5 second gif. There are video to gif converters that easily make this happen.

As I said, same format as PhoTM, NB proof obligatory.

For instance:

Photo I took
You must be registered for see images

Vid I took, looped into gif
You must be registered for see images

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Form

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Barely takes any extra effort than the current PhoTM contest, and in a way, it is less flexible than simply taking a photo, which would make the participants have to be more creative than say, arranging a couple of things around in a photo.

In conclusion, it would be neat to see what ideas participants come up with when it comes to an animated gif, rather than just a photo. For what it's worth, I support the idea.

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
How's this any different from Photm, exactly? I don't see any type of effort put into it.
Elaborate on how it's not different. Given you'd need to loop a video from a picture taken from somewhere in the real world. Though it could be faked...I still see effort of making the gif. Maybe, they could add in different angles of the img(gif) to prove it was made by the user :)

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Video has to be done by the users themselves with NB proof (NB on piece of paper, sand, graffitti, tree bark etc., depending on the theme)
I really like suggestion.. If this can't be approved then we can suggest a change in PhoTM to this format. The hard part will be photoshop. I know there are websites that can help you make a gif from a video but you don't get the same quality that you would get from making it yourself in an advanced and well rounded program such as Photoshop.

Waindo

Legendary
Kin
869💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really like suggestion.. If this can't be approved then we can suggest a change in PhoTM to this format. The hard part will be photoshop. I know there are websites that can help you make a gif from a video but you don't get the same quality that you would get from making it yourself in an advanced and well rounded program such as Photoshop.
Why not a separate contest? Monthly themes can differ in GotM and PhotM.

And I don't see how are a video and photograph a same thing. I think this contest would be a notch harder than PhotM

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

And I don't see how are a video and photograph a same thing. I think this contest would be a notch harder than PhotM
The second sentence of my response was towards Klaus comments. This one requires even more work than PhotM because instead of taking a picture, you're recording then making it a gif (plus you could chance or alternate the picture to give it a warmer feel or a cold one).

I'm agreeing with what you're suggesting but if it doesn't happen then I suggest to change the PhotM to this kind of format.

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
This is already a contest. It's PHOTM. It's just no one has had the creativeness or thought of using a gif image in that contest.
Well then. End of Thread.

I think its best as he said, it should be a separate thread :)

suki

Veteran
Kin
415💸
Kumi
4,180💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even the PhotM is a lot easier than this yet there are very little participants... I don't think there'll be a difference in that aspect.

Though there's no harm in giving it a go in the PhotM contest itself. Maybe suggest to the host and see how it's like. Or just a permission to try it in the contest section as host on your own.