~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
* Sasuke walks in looks at L eating cake like a child and waits there for sensei*

Yo L do you even need a cake you are already sweet/smooth talker

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It appears that Sasuke would be first to arrive and therefore, he would be getting a slice of cake that L had saved for whoever showed up first.

Sasuke gets to where L is and seems to examine him over before saying,

"Yo L do you even need a cake you are already sweet/smooth talker."

:blush:

"Oh wow Sasuke, and you say I am the smooth talker? You know what I don't think you'll be needing this cake"

And with that L proceeds to eat the last slice of cake.

"Man," *chew* "When on earth is that Kakazu.." *chew* ".. Going to show up?" *gulp*
"He seems to be taking his time. Maybe he is trying to earn a little extra money before he gets here, taking in someone as a bounty, I don't know. Wouldn't be surprising I suppose."

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Stealthily approaching the two shinobi from behind, the masked man stops once he comes within mid-range of them and decides to cast them in an illusionary technique. The genjutsu causes them to see an exact replica of himself approaching from their frontal view. With their guard down due to the success of the distraction, he sneaks behind the two and places each of his hands on their respective shoulders and whispers a single word into each of their ears.

Boo.

Now, what do the both of you already know about the illusionary arts ?

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just then L notices a figure approaching them from the distance. Judging from his unusual appearance, it was no doubt the Sensei himself, Kakazu.

"Oh, looks like he has arrived Sasuke."

L then takes to finishing off his cake as Kakazu continues towards them, his eyes on his Sensei.

"Boo"

Kakazu Sensei disappears and L realizes he had been trapped in his Genjutsu as the real Kakazu his hand on L's and Sasuke's shoulders, whispers in their ears.

He had gotten such a fright he had dropped the remainder of his cake onto the ground.
:nuts:

L immediately drops down into his usual crouch to examine the condition of the cake as Kakazu gets right to it and asks,

"Now, what do the both of you already know about the illusionary arts ?"

L pokes the cake with his finger and decides to answer Sensei's question first since it didn't appear as if Sasuke was making any attempt to.

"Well, Genjutsu is the ability to cast your opponent in some kind of illusion which is achieved by manipulating their chakra flow to their brain which as a result causes their five senses to be influenced into 'sensing' something that is not reality, rather they perceive the sights, smells, tastes, 'touches' and sounds that are in the illusion you cast."(you could even turn of some of these senses.)

L pulls from the cake a chocolate coated finger and licks it before continuing.

"So what's the purpose of putting your opponent in such an illusion? Well one, is to cause pain to your opponent, you could cast them under a torturing illusion, making them believe they are having great pain inflicted upon them. This then causes them to be in pain in reality as their brain thinks that their body is actually in pain .. a pretty complex concept to grasp really. Additionally, Genjutsu can be used to make people do as you please, or at least influence them to your will. By trapping someone in Genjutsu you usually deem them immobile in reality and if not immobile, still defenceless or make them vulnerable in a certain area (i.e. mess with their vision) . This then leaves them vulnerable to an attack in reality. Being trapped in Genjutsu also allows the user to talk to their opponent while being in control i.e. So you can prevent your opponent lashing out at you while you are trying to talk to them. This can prove especially useful for interrogations. By casting Genjutsu on an individual you also avoid being attacked by them as their sense of reality is lost. To avoid attacks you can even cast Genjutsu upon yourself i.e. Izangi. You can also use Genjutsu to your advantage such as you had just done Sensei, you could make your opponent believe something is there that isn't allowing you to gain the upperhand. i.e. making them think you are in one place, but you're in another, allowing you to attack them from behind."

L sticks his licked clean finger back into the cake. Seems it was still good despite its fall to the ground.

"There are many, many more reasons you can use Genjutsu, but it is really circumstantial."

L pulls his finger from the cake and brings it to his lips, holding it there before continuing.

"There are a few ways you can cast Genjutsu techniques. Genjutsu in addition to your basic Genjutsu casting i.e. Casted with a hand seal and chakra use, can be employed on your opponent through the use of sound which allows the user to be caught in Genjutsu upon 'hearing' a technique. For instance, Demonic Illusion: Toad Confrontation Chant which can be classified as a type of auditory Genjutsu. Genjutsu can also be cast upon an opponent if the user possesses a Dojutsu like the Sharingan from Sasuke's clan over here." *points cake covered finger towards Sasuke* "One day when Sasuke awakens his Sharingan, he should be able to trap an opponent in Genjutsu by just having eye contact with them. This is called ocular genjutsu. "

L sticks his finger in his mouth resulting in a muffled manner of speech and continues.

"Now I am unsure, but I think there is such thing as 'taste' genjutsu. For instance Genjutsu appears able to be stored in food. For instance, that sly snake Orochimaru managed to store Genjutsu in these dodgy pills of his. And also, this cake.. I think it puts me under some kind of taste Genjutsu ... everytime I eat it.. it makes me feel as though .. I am in Heaven."

L stuffs his finger yet again into the cake.

"So how would you escape Genjutsu once caught in the illusion? There are a few ways. The first is through pain. Applying pain to oneself can ultimately free you from Genjutsu. The higher the rank of the Genjutsu, the more pain you are going to have to inflict on yourself to free yourself."

L puts his finger into his mouth making a *pluck* sound as he does so.

"For instance to break out of the following Rank Genjutsu you could do the following;​
  • D Rank - Not much pain is necessary. Biting a finger like one does for a summoning will be enough pain to suffice.
  • C Rank - Bite the inside of your cheek. *nibbles cheek irl * It appears you'd have to bite significantly hard in order for it to cause enough pain however.
  • B Rank - Low ranked Taijutsu will definitely cause enough pain to free you.
  • A Rank - Bone breaking should do. Small bones though. And don't be stupid and break a bone that will limit your ability. For example, toes are underrated. Deciding they are good bones to sacrifice is unwise because your ability to walk becomes strenuous as the weight of your entire body is upon it which will cause a lot of pain limiting your mobility.
  • S Rank - Bite your tongue off. Personally, I'd rather stay trapped in the Genjutsu then lose my tongue and never being able to taste cake again."
"However, if you have a high tolerance to pain or are against self harm, there are other ways to free yourself from Genjutsu. A major one is stopping or disturbing your chakra flow before causing a surge of chakra to flow through your body which disturbs the 'foreign' chakra from Genjutsu, releasing you from the illusion. The main technique that people use to do this is 'Kai'. Kai is able to release you from Genjutsu in the manner above, however in order to do so, the same amount chakra spent to cast the genjutsu needs to be spent to break the genjutsu. i.e. To break an S Rank Genjutsu, you'll have to use 40 chakra points. The technique is also rank dependent. For instance, Jounin Rank ninja can only liberate themselves from Genjutsu techniques up to C Rank."

"There is even a way to break out of Genjutsu by simply causing a large enough chakra surge (i.e. without having to stop your chakra flow) This is achieved by performing a technique that requires a lot of chakra to be released i.e. A full body release technique. What happens is the surge of chakra overcomes the disruption in your chakra flow from the Genjutsu, allowing your chakra flow to be restored to normal, and hence, you are free from the illusion. However, as opposed to the kai release technique, you must use a technique that uses more chakra than what it took for genjutsu to be cast. So you need to use a higher rank technique which is logical because the chakra must be enough to 'overcome' the foreign chakra. A lower ranked full body release technique wouldn't obviously be enough to overcome it (With the exception of some techniques, i.e. Eight Inner Gates) . For instance B Rank full body release technique > Up to C Rank Genjutsu."

"Foreign chakra can also break you free. For instance, if Sasuke over there was trapped in your Genjutsu Sensei, I could go and channel my own chakra into him, disrupting his chakra flow, and freeing him. However.. you need to know how to perform the chakra transfer technique.. which I don't know.. so sorry Sasuke, I wouldn't be able to save yah."

"If Sasuke were able to perform Sage mode, or if he were a jin and best buds with the bijuu however, he could free himself as he could enter Sage mode or borrow some chakra of his bijuu which would be a surge of chakra which would ultimately free him from the illusion. He could also release that curse seal of his which would have the same effect." (Idk if his bio has a curse seal, but for the sake of examples, let us pretend haha)

L begins scrapping at the cake on the ground, picking clumps up and throwing it into his mouth, nodding towards Sasuke.

"Sasuke here will one day be able to break out of Genjutsu in a manner that only his clan who have activated their sharingans can achieve. They can see through Genjutsu and break out of it using their sharingan. Uchiha can even free eachother from genjutsu if their sharingan is advanced enough. ( I think in the manga Itachi and Sasuke had to use their MS to free each other.. maybe Sasuke used his EMS, I am not to sure, but it wasn't your standard sharingan. I know Itachi used Tsuki, but I can't recall what Sasuke did. ) This is accomplished by casting each other into the other's genjutsu."

"It appears that one can train their eye to break Gen like Deidara, your fellow Akatsuki member Sensei, can do. I wish I knew how he did that, since I don't have any special dojutsu."

"Strong smells coming from the real world can also free you from Gen."

There is barely any cake left on the ground by this stage, so L resorts to scraping up the crumbs that remain.

"However, Logically, you can only break free of Genjutsu once you realize you are inside a Genjutsu. This can be achieved by figuring out it is an illusion, which can be pretty obvious i.e. A whole new landscape , or in some cases not so obvious so you kind of have to figure out what is different. i.e. Everything in the landscape is the same up till the smallest details. An alternative way is to notice that your chakra flow is being messed with. This can be achieved by dojutsu wielders, i.e those who possess byakugan or sharingan (however if the gen messes with their vision then obviously they won't be able to see that their chakra flow has been disrupted.) or by Sensory Ninja. But you really need to figure out your in a Gen quickly, as if you take too long your opponent could have already caused you harm in reality."

"The best way to counter Gen is to not be trapped in it at all. This can be hard to do as you have got to be pretty alert , I mean Sensei, you just trapped us in a Genjutsu with so much ease. For a Gen like that the best way is to conceal your location from your opponent as in order to cast the Gen, they must be able to see you. For instance, Hidden in the Mist Technique or that Mole technique. This will also cause you to avoid being trapped in an Ocular Genjutsu, however in addition to the latter, to avoid an ocular gen you could just avoid eye contact altogether or have something which prevents direct eye contact, like wearing glasses." ( I think this was the case for Kabuto, he wore standard glasses preventing Gen? Correct me if my memory is wrong haha.)

"Auditory Gen is particularly hard to avoid because your opponent doesn't even need to see you in order to cast the latter. They could just be casting their gen out in the general direction they think you are in, and trap you just like that. Your best bet would be to block your ears preventing your hearing, but for this to be effective you would need to know your opponent was about to or could cast an auditory gen, so you'd either need visuals on your opponent or have knowledge on their abilities beforehand. If you did have visuals on your opponent you could then prevent them from using an auditory gen say if this gen required a tool to cast it. For example, Demonic Flute: Phantom Sound Chains. Destroying the flute before the user could use it to cast a Gen would be a way to avoid it. Or if you could see their Auditory Gen intentions you could try and create a sound barrier i.e. Like going underground deep enough that sound does not reach you, or a large earth wall. But this could be pretty impossible as you would need to really read their intentions which would only be possible for extremely skilled ninja. Also it is a risky way to avoid Auditory Gen as the sound barriers may only achieve in 'muffling' the sound but you still hear it, hence trapping you in the Gen anyway.
Question Sensei, could you perhaps avoid Sound Gen if you cast a Gen on yourself preventing your hearing? Or perhaps read your opponents intentions and 'outdid' their sound Gen with a louder sound? i.e. Create a large explosion?" (The sound only briefly could prevent you hearing the Sound gen and also perhaps stop your opponent from producing it?? Sorry if the answer is obvious haha.)

"As for taste Gen, to avoid that.. don't accept food from strangers. However, know some taste gen is good.. it is like being high in the Ninja world."

"Oh and another thing about Genjutsu, I think you can be put under two Genjutsu at a time. (i.e. Kabuto was under Izanami and then at the same time Itachi put him under genjutsu to show him the Edo Tensei Release hand seals) I have no idea how that works though and how you would free yourself from that, so care to elaborate after Sasuke answers, Sensei?"

L finished scraping the crumbs from the ground and realizes there is nothing of the cake remaining. He then draws from his pouch another cake and begins to eat that.

You must be registered for see images

"Okay, that is all I know. I think some of my knowledge is a bit inaccurate so please correct me where I am wrong Sensei. Okay Sasuke, your turn now."

. . . .

LOL sorry if I overkilled it with the detail .. I got a bit carried away.

Last edited:

~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
* Sasuke is scared to hell thanks to sensei's style but tries to act cool * Tse L is such a Scaredy cat XD

* Almost had a heart attack this guy masked his presence an trapped me in Genjutsu while L is has a go trying to answer sensei's question *

* Reaction to L's Reply *

" Amazing just amazing Sensei L sure summarized all the parts is there anything I can add upon ??? "

* L is the best he nailed it in an instant no wonder he is the smooth talker an a great Detective *

Genjustsu

• Genjutsu meaning "Illusionary Techniques are techniques which are employed in the simliar fashone to ninjutsu which also requires chakra and hand seals. But the basic difference between is that genjutsu is illusionary and its doesn't not have a physical attack instead the charkra flow in victims brain is affected causing disruption in the five senses.

• The main reason behind this is cause the pain from Trauma but there are many more things that are involved in genjutsu depending on the situation. Genjustsu can also used to manipulate others similar to absolute brainwashing however it is said that Izanagi is a type of Genjutsu that has opposite effect to any normal genjutsu and is said to change reality to illusion and vice versa. Its also serves a primary purpose for interrogation and can be used to break the will of the person who is interrogated.

• Genjutsu takes effect when we can control opponents Cereberal nervous system thereby controlling the 5 senses and as for my clan it has special justsu called as the generic ones which varies from normal Sharingan genjutsu to Itachi's Tsukyomi or even Shusui's Kotoamatsuki. Being a Uchiha if I can master the genjutsu it will easier for me to execute and counter the genjutsu as compared to any other ninha. People who are under the Genjutsu either appear unconscious or moving under the genjutsu without conscious about the real surroundings.

• To perform a Genjutsu it requires lot of skill and if its performed incorrectly it will not work and can be fatal in life threatening situations. genjutsu is often used by Ninja with precise Chakra control and very high intelligence two notable user's being Itachi Uchiha and Kakuzu (Negative Knight).

• genjutsu affects activity throughout the prosencephalon structure of the brain, humans, dogs and other species of mammal are therefore all affected by genjutsu; however, the insects doesn't have similar structure and since they are governed solely by the senses and not by brain they are Immune to genutsu and which give Aburame clan to detect genjutsu even when some of hightened senses become susceptible

Ways to counter Genjuts :-​

• Inorder to break through genjutsu once needs to stop the chakra flow and they by applying a surge of strong chakra breaking flow of the casters chakra which is called as Genjutsu Kai. It can also be done easily if the the unaffected Nakama applying sudden surge of chakra to the genjutsu affected person.

• Another is through intense pain not caused by the genjutsu and utilising the resulting pain to bring their senses back in order.

• Another option is accessible only to Sharingan wielders. Members of my clan can break or see through genjutsu using the Sharingan. Breaking Tsukuyomi is possible with an ordinary Sharingan, but requires a lot of skill.

• Sharingan wielders can also use the dōjutsu to liberate each other from genjutsu. Through eye contact, they are able to literally insert themselves into each other's genjutsu freely allowing them to break whatever genjutsu which was previously used by the opponents.

• Ordinary people can sometimes train their eyes (without Sharingan) to break genjutsu through unknown means, like Deidara.

• One can prevent a person from casting genjutsu using obstructive techniques like the Hiding in Mist Technique to prevent one from being trapped by an ocular genjutsu as Zabuza demonstrated against Kakashi.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wow, that was an earful. Make all of your responses to my questions of that caliber, condense the information but put in the same amount of effort. Now, of course you made some mistakes so I guess I'll clarify them for you. A genjutsu can never directly control someone's will or actions, only Sharingan genjutsus can do that. You can probe and may attempt to influence them into acting in a certain way, but ultimately the decision is theirs to take. Since I don't wield a Sharingan, I won't be able to teach you your clan exclusive techniques, Sasuke. Also, to break S-Rank Gen, biting off your tongue is a truly disgraceful method to employ. Shedding blood gives your opponent the idea that they have the upper hand, not to mention the blood loss and the fact you'll no longer be capable of speech...or taste >_>. Before we proceed, read the following transcript which will detail how our Genjutsu will proceed as well as provide additional information on the subject. Make sure to read all of it.

The first step in realizing a genjutsu is observing for anything overly-obvious or something which would naturally probe your character's suspicion. In battle, I want you to observe even the smallest of disturbances in your surroundings and the slightest inconsistencies. I want you to notice, if a tree begins coiling around you, does it produce growing sounds as it emerges ? If a fireball is shot towards you, does the heat of the technique resonate from it and make you feel like the temperature is rising ? If you see an illusionary clone walking towards you, does it bend the grass when it walks ? If you get burnt by something, does the wound sizzle as the burn is inflicted ? Does the water beneath your feet ripple when you walk, or make any splashing sounds ?

Pay very close attention to the senses a technique affects, its fundamental to breaking a genjutsu. If a technique doesn't specify the senses it affects, make sure you don't assume anything. Find other ways of seeing through the technique. Does the illusion respect the laws of reality ? Does the illusion distort happen to abruptly and distorts the natural occurrence of events ? I can't teach you how to realize every genjutsu, I can only teach you the concept of doing so. The rest is up to how much you take away from this training. One thing to bare in mind is, when you're trying to realize genjutsu, don't come up with extremely complicated thought processes or anything which wouldn't be realistic in the heat of a battle. I don't want you to "god-mod" or try to use knowledge your character doesn't have to break Genjutsus. You must be realistic and legitimate in the way you break genjutsus. I'd hate to be that guy who teaches his students to metagame their way out of illusions >_>

Additional Information I'd like you to read
1) Kai Release Method

( Genjutsu: Kai ) - Illusion Technique: Release
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 15-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user does one hand seal to focus and then proceeds to disturb his chakra flow by forcefully stopping it momentarily and then "spiking" his spiritual energy, unbalancing his chakra. This dispels any genjutsu set upon the user except MS Eye Techniques, Paralysis-like Genjutsu and Demonic Illusion: Toad Confrontation Chant. The effectiveness of this technique is dependent upon the skill of the user. A Jounin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to C-rank. An S-class ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to B-rank. A Sannin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to A-rank. A Sage rank user can dispel Genjutsu up to S-Rank. The user may use this technique through physical contact on others to dispel them from Genjutsu. The technique can only be used once per turn and the user still needs to fully follow the logic as to why he figured out it was an illusion.

Using Kai to release Genjutsu is the simplest and arguably most common method. After performing a single handseal, the user will stop their chakra flow for a moment before spiking it to purge the opponent's foreign chakra from your body, hence releasing the illusionary technique. It can range from a C-Rank to an S-Rank technique, depending on the rank of the genjutsu you're trying to break. If an A-Rank Genjutsu is cast on you, you'll use an A-Rank Kai to release the technique. Keep in mind that even if you learn Kai, to break higher ranking genjutsus e.g. A-Ranks, you have to be of the right ninja rank (determined by posts). Also, it requires a single handseal to perform and so this technique can't be used against Genjutsus which paralyze/immobilize your body.

Other things to remember is, its a really uncreative method and some fights have rules stating either "one kai per battle" or "No Kai at all". Make sure to watch out for rules like this and don't become too dependent on using it. I don't think i've ever used Kai xD

2) Pain Release Method
Like you all correctly stated, Pain Release is the quickest but the most consequential of all Genjutsu Release methods. You can inflict this pain upon yourself in various ways e.g. removing a kunai to stab your arm or biting off your tongue. Usually people attempt to simply bite their tongue/the inside of their cheek but this seems like an invalid method.

1) Biting your tongue without removing it will break D-Rank Genjutsu at most
2) Biting off your tongue seems like a disgraceful/embarrassing method to use. Especially if you have to spit it out in front of your opponent. It will make them feel like they have the upper hand
3) The severe blood loss caused by biting off your tongue will give you about three turns to live (possibly less).
4) You can't talk anymore xD

And so as I say to all my students, never release a Genjutsu through biting off your tongue.

This is the chart of releasing genjutsus and the amount of pain you need to inflict on yourself:

D-Ranks: Biting your tongue or equivalent
C-Rank: Cutting yourself slightly e.g. piercing your skin with a kunai
B-Ranks: Small stab wound or equivalent
A-Ranks: You need to stab/inflict serious harm to a limb or equivalent
S-Ranks: You need to lose limb or inflict equivalent pain

Another nice way I learnt from Better to release Genjutsus is using the C-Rank Stone Spikes technique. When you realize a Genjutsu, whether it paralyzes you or not, channel your doton chakra into the ground and cause a single spike of earth to emerge. Angle the spike the depending on how much pain you want to inflict.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Type: Attack
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target

If you're breaking a A-Rank or below gen, angle the spike to strike into your thigh or another part of your non-dominant leg.

If you're breaking S-Rank gen (and have no other options), angle the spike to emerge directly beneath one of your legs, to completely crush it up to the knee region. This will keep you standing up and block blood from gushing out of your body.

This method inflicts serious harm on to you and is only recommended if you have no other options. Sometimes this is the best method to use and so its better to take many wounds rather than fail to counter a Genjutsu. Also, this isn't a possible method to use when you're standing on water or a similar terrain. If you have a bio which can heal or take such wounds e.g. Hidan, Kakuzu, a medical shinobi, using Pain to release genjutsu is very tactical indeed. You don't waste a move countering one of their techniques by making full use of your bio's capabilities.

3) Full body surges
A full body surge is basically a technique which releases/leeks chakra out of every chakra point on your body at the same time. This sudden burst of chakra purges any foreign chakra residing in the body. A full body surge will break Genjutsu of one rank lower than it e.g. an A-Rank Surge breaks B-Rank and below Genjutsus. New rpers often only associate the word "surge" which lightning techniques, when in actuality all elements have potential to be full body surges.

Canon Full body surges
Nagashi (A-Rank)
Earth Release Armour (B-Rank)
Earth Spear (B-Rank)
Lightning Strike Armour (C-Rank)
Hardening Technique (S-Rank)
Depth Charge (B-Rank)

We'll be using the following template for all of the Genjutsu techniques we learn. You will learn two at a time, testing each and every Genjutsu you learn on eachother. Whilst under the effects of the Genjutsu, your partner will recite out loud how he/she can logically deduce why they think they're within a Genjutsu. Once they do this, they will successfully break out of the illusion and cast the other in the same Genjutsu. The faster you take to this and the more detailed your replies means we'll breeze through Genjutsu.

PHP:
[B]Combinations you could make with this jutsu[/B]:

[B]Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu[/B]: 

[B]Your preferred method of release[/B]: 

[B] Rate the technique out of ten[/B]:

[B] Questions about the technique (Optional)[/B]:
Any questions before we continue ?

Last edited:

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay I got it, sorry, I tend to just go over the top with detail and just type down all my thoughts as I go a long haha. I took the everything you know .. a bit literally :snick:

But anyway that 'transcript' was very informative, a very good read. It answered some questions I was intending on asking you anyway, which was good. Thanks for putting it together. Oh btw, Better's method is genius LOL I'll have to start thinking creatively like him.
I also like the template we'll be filling out. I think i'll be learning something in this training.

:win:
. . . . .

"Yes Sensei, I do have some questions."

"Now I am unsure, but I think there is such thing as 'taste' genjutsu. For instance Genjutsu appears able to be stored in food. For instance, that sly snake Orochimaru managed to store Genjutsu in these dodgy pills of his.
- Is this possible, to store Gen in food in this Rp as Oro achieved ?

to avoid an ocular gen you could just avoid eye contact altogether or have something which prevents direct eye contact, like wearing glasses." ( I think this was the case for Kabuto, he wore standard glasses preventing Gen? Correct me if my memory is wrong haha.)
-So did his glasses prevent ocular gen? If so, could I fight a Kabuto bio, steal his glasses and use them for my own bio?

Question Sensei, could you perhaps avoid Sound Gen if you cast a Gen on yourself preventing your hearing? Or perhaps read your opponents intentions and 'outdid' their sound Gen with a louder sound? i.e. Create a large explosion?" (The sound only briefly could prevent you hearing the Sound gen and also perhaps stop your opponent from producing it??)
- Could the above ideas work ? And if not how else could you avoid getting trapped in sound gen? I know you could try and make a sound barrier, but that may only achieve in 'muffling' the sound gen, would you still be trapped in it, even if it were only a muffle?

"Oh and another thing about Genjutsu, I think you can be put under two Genjutsu at a time. (i.e. Kabuto was under Izanami and then at the same time Itachi put him under genjutsu to show him the Edo Tensei Release hand seals) I have no idea how that works though and how you would free yourself from that, so care to elaborate after Sasuke answers, Sensei?"
-Can we do this double Genjutsu stuff in this Rp, and how does this work? How would you break out of two Genjutsu cast on you at the same time? Same rules? Yes, no, maybe? (O___o )

In addition to the above,

- Could I steal Sasuke's over there's sharingan when he awakens it and get it implanted into myself?
:snick:

. . . .

There was something else I was dying to ask, but I have no idea what it was I needed to ask. It is killing me now haha If I remember, I shall just bring it up randomly in the training haha.

:nuts:

~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
* Reaction at L's last question * So he wants my Sharingan huh *

Yosh thanks you for a very very Informative transcript Scroll Sensei and L summarized most of the questions even though one was invloled regarding my sharingan but I have some questions I wanted to ask you :-

• If My clone is trapped inside a genjutsu and its gets dispelled while in it ??? What will happen ?? As the knowledge that returns to me will my original self get trapped in it too ???

• How much time it would take to trap person in genjutsu ?? And considering the time taken to trap a person in genjutus do we need to move away or retreat from a fight ???

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To break two Genjutsus cast on you at the same time, inflict enough pain or use a chakra surge one rank higher than the highest genjutsu technique you're under the influence of. For example, if you cast a C-Rank Genjutsu on me, as well as a B-Rank, I will only need to inflict enough pain to break a B-Rank, use a B-Rank Kai or use an A-Rank chakra surge to break both of the Genjutsus at once. The advantage is, you only have to realize one of the Genjutsus to break both of them, making dual cast Genjutsus slightly easier to dispel.

No, you cannot steal Sharingan I'm afraid. Genjutsus do not take very long to cast as the chakra manifests inside of your opponent's mind, meaning it does not travel, it just "appears". Let's say it takes a few seconds to set in. No, you do not run or retreat, you logically deduce why it is an illusion and some how release yourself from it.

As for your more complex question. No, once the clone disperses the original will not be under the effects of the Genjutsu. However, I like the way you think.

Alright then, time to move onto the techniques.

( Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu ) - Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique
Chakra Cost: 10 (+5 if you use it double)
Description: The user casts an illusion over an area that allows him to manipulate the way an area looks to fool an opponent. He can only change the way the terrain looks, and not any other feature.

For the first technique, I'd like you to cast your partner in a genjutsu which changes a single feature about the battlefield itself e.g. makes a wall rise up, creates a pond or water source and etc. Quite a basic technique, doesn't require much explanation.

Key Points: Cannot effect things which aren't considered the terrain e.g. masking the fact you've thrown a kunai. Also, pay very close attention to wording. This jutsu only changes the way the terrain looks, meaning no sounds and smells are produced along with it. Also, any features you create, are of course intangible.

( Genjutsu: Kahen Tonsou ) - Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Escape
Chakra Cost: 10
Description: The user makes five handseals, appearing to dissolve into a shower of cherry blossom petals. These petals surround the opponent, blocking his vision. This allows the user to mask his movement effectively.

After doing that, I'd like you to perform a string of five handseals to cause your partner to see you "dissolve" into a cloud of cherry blossoms. These same cherry blossom petals will move towards the opponent and cloud his/her vision, allowing you to mask your movements in reality.

Key Points: Lower ranking techniques tend to control less senses, this probably controls the sense of sight *hint hint*

Now, follow my instructions, fill out the template and no one will get hurt xD.

~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yosh sensei Raises his Hand If I may I would like to have a go at it first sensei ???

L are you ready ???? Its my turn now let begin
* Smirks he may be a genius but when it comes to practice I will show L that he is not match for me XD *

( Magen: Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu ) - Demonic Illusion: False Surroundings Technique

I start to gather my chakra and release it in the air while directing it towards my opponents (best friend n rival) targeting any possible opening, mainly focusing on L's their eyes. I start to direct and focus my chakra towards his eyes where I start adding my chakra to his chakra system. I alter his normal chakra flow throughout the system, especially his eyes. With my chakra in his system, I perform a series of fake hand seals and I slam both of my hands on the ground, placing him under my illusion. Under this genjutsu the L should see as the ground beneath and around him change from a plain field to a large pond which covers a large area around him

Combinations you could make with this jutsu: Since I decided and changed the terrain from a plain field to a pond, I can accompany my genjutsu using a Suiton jutsu such as the water prison technique which can be performed easily and which can be used to traps L in a ball made up of water. This should stop L's movements and he can be captured easily. I can also use the element of surprise where L's is surprised since the terrain is changed from land to water while he is busy with focusing on either breaking the genjusu or performing walking or water jutsu I can strive with the Doton: Ganchūsō - Earth Release: Stone Spikes making L severely injured due to the stone spikes.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: The main reason behind this would be even if L see a pond of water under his feet his feet are not sinking into the water instead he standing still maintaining his balance. Moreover he is standing there even without using the walking on water technique. And even if its a pong he won't feel the coolness of water when it makes contact with his skin on his feet moreover it will pass through giving him idea that he is under genjutsu.

Your preferred method of release: Being a simple genjutsu I would go with a Kai or by biting my tongue even though it might not be needed cause Kai will work with ease.

Rate the technique out of ten: 6 for the element of surprise it can give you.

Questions about the technique (Optional): Can my Sharingan see through this type of Genjutsu ?? And is there a possibility that it wouldn't be easy to trap a sensor type Ninja in this type of Illusion ????

( Genjutsu: Kahen Tonsou ) - Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Escape​

I start to gather my chakra and release it in the air while directing it towards my opponents (best friend n rival) targeting any openings possible, while performing the desired hand seals at a lightening fast speed and directing my chakra towards L mainly targeting his eyes. With my chakra in his chakra system, I disrupt his normal chakra flow everywhere especially his eyes. With my chakra altering his sight I make him beleive that I disappeared in a cloud of cherry blossoms which start to fall around him moving from my place to his while hindering his line sight.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu: While L is in genjutsu trying to release it I can move in close and strike with my Katana or I can also attack with my Chidori gravely injuring him causing him out of action for a while or I might use any other offensive jutsu as long he is distracted releasing it.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: Even if L seems that I have disappeared into Cherry blossom petals it would be odd for that I disappeared out of nowhere mainly after performing hand seals which didn't create any physical attack to him. More over if L is standing in opposite direction the wind is flowing it would be impossible for my petals to reach him cause they actually will have to travel in different direction of the wind. Also the fact that Cherry blossoming not being planted in the near by areas

Your preferred method of release: I would go with Kai but considering the Opponent I might go with biting my tongue technique or even inflicting pain to myself with a kunai.

Rate the technique out of ten: 4

Questions about the technique (Optional): Can we use this Sakura petals as shurikens to attack the opponents when they actually fall around the Opponent ??

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke's performance was quite good it appeared. Now it was L's turn.

. . .

L gathers his chakra up within his body, once gathered a sufficient amount, he releases this chakra from within his body and channels it to Sasuke. Entering Sasuke, L channels this chakra to Sasuke's brain, where he lets it all gather and circulate. Sasuke's normal chakra flow disrupted, L then uses this chakra to manipulate Sasuke's sense of vision into seeing a large wall of earth rise up in between L and Sasuke's positions.​

Combinations you could make with this jutsu: The wall would hide my location and as a result I could devise all sorts of surprise attacks behind it. I'd probably go underground and use Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique. This is a good technique, as by being behind the wall, Sasuke cannot see that I go underground, and he will probably be focused on getting rid of the wall. When he tries to get rid of it, he is going to realize it is a Genjutsu, but by this time, I would have gone underground, be able to compromise him and am free to torture Sasuke for intel or kill him or whatever the circumstance is.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: I wouldn't hear the wall being formed/rising from the ground. And as I attack it to get rid of it, of course my attack will go straight through it. But the first reasoning is probably best, as if you get to the attacking stage to get rid of the wall and then realizing .. well it could be too late.

Your preferred method of release: Pain release: I'd bite my tongue or my finger as one does for a summoning.

Rate the technique out of ten: 6

Questions about the technique (Optional): N/A

. . .

Sasuke, breaking free of the first Genjutsu, it was time for a second !
"Here is the next one Sasuke."

. . .

( Genjutsu: Kahen Tonsou ) - Illusion Technique: Flower Petal Escape

Again, L gathers up his chakra in his body and once he has gathered enough releases it from himself towards Sasuke. Channeling this chakra into Sasuke's brain, disrupting his normal chakra flow, L performs 5 hand seals and uses his chakra to manipulate Sasuke's sense of vision into seeing L dissolve into a cloud of cherry blossoms. These cheery blossoms swarm around Sasuke, blocking his vision.​

Combinations you could make with this jutsu: Unable to see, this allows me to attack him with him potentially unable to perform a counter as he doesn't see it coming. It would be good to use a lightning technique in this case, as it is quite fast so you could perform it effectively before he regained his vision or realized it was a genjutsu and could perform a counter or release himself. You could create a clone and substitute positions with it (concealing yourself elsewhere), so that when his vision is regained he will think you are in one place, when really you are in another, allowing you to surprise attack him.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: Seeing someone turn into a cloud of cherry blossoms isn't normal. That is one hint. Also, as the petals swarm towards you, naturally, you should try and prevent them surrounding you completely i.e. wind technique - blow them away. However, it of course won't have any effect on the petals which should continue towards you, another hint.

Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: Biting my tongue or a finger for a summon again.

Rate the technique out of ten: 4

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1) Can my Sharingan see through this type of Genjutsu ?? And is there a possibility that it wouldn't be easy to trap a sensor type Ninja in this type of Illusion ????
Yes, Sharingan can see through B-Rank and below Genjutsu. However, I think you still need to release it though. Nope, sensors will likely see through this easily as well

2) Can we use this Sakura petals as shurikens to attack the opponents when they actually fall around the Opponent ?? The sakura petals aren't actually there, its an illusion, so i'm afraid not.

( Genjutsu: Kasumi ) - Illusion Technique: Servant
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user does one handseal and throws a paper bomb at the enemy. The enemy, trapped in a genjutsu will see a clone of the user advancing upon him. As the paper bomb reaches the enemy, it explodes

For this next technique, I'd like you to perform a single handseal before tossing a paper bomb towards the your opponent. The person you tapped in the genjutsu will instead see an illusionary clone of the user walking towards them. In battle, you'd detonate the paper bomb as it reaches your target, however since this is training do not detonate the explosive tags. We don't want any of you getting killed

Key Points: Its an illusionary clone, gives you a good idea of how you to realize this Genjutsu.

( Kasumi Jūsha no Jutsu ) - Mist Servant Technique
Chakra Cost:10
Description: This illusion creates numerous illusionary clones of the user that appear to emerge from the ground, trees, rocks, etc. If these clones are attacked, they appear to multiply. The user can co-ordinate his attacks with the clones to make it appear as if they are real.

Following a similar concept, this Genjutsu also causes the user to see illusionary clones. Focus your chakra into your target's mind, causing them to see multiple clones of the user emerging from terrain-based features e.g. rocks, trees. If any of the clones are attacked, they'll appear to multiply, meaning it will seem as the opponent is not making in progress in defeating them. You can also co-ordinate and time your attacks with the clones to add an element of realism to the technique.

Key Points: Like the last technique, these clones do not disturb the terrain since they're purely illusionary. If you cause them to emerge from water, the water source will not ripple or produce any splashing sounds. Its best used in a noisy area (e.g. on a water source in stormy conditions).

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay sorry for the late reply. I have been on vacation for a while .. and now I am back, so let us proceed ^_^

. . . .

It was L's turn to go first this time.

"Get ready Sasuke.. "

L once again gathers up his chakra within himself. Once a sufficient amount has been gathered, L releases this chakra from within himself, at the same time performing a single hand seal. He channels this chakra into Sasuke and into his brain where he lets it gather and circulate. Sasuke's normal chakra flow now disrupted, L throws a paper bomb and uses his chakra to manipulate Sasuke's sense of vision into believing that the paper bomb going towards him is actually a clone of none other than L himself strolling, hunched over as per usual towards Sasuke. The clone appears to come right up to Sasuke in Sasuke's mind.. when in reality L and Kakuzu Sensei watch as the paper bomb lands at Sasuke's feet, L not detonating the explosives as Kakuzu had instructed.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu
  • I could make a lot of clones before I cast my opponent under Genjutsu which could help assist in having my opponent unaware that he has been cast in a Genjutsu.
  • I could use a wind jutsu to make the paper bomb travel quicker to my opponent.
  • I could make it appear as though the clone is in fact me and conceal my location elsewhere. This allows me to surprise my opponent if for some reason he figured out he was in a Genjutsu and dealt with the clone/paper bomb.
  • I could use a wind jutsu to cause dust to rise and disguise the fact that the clone isn't causing disturbances to the terrain.
Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu:
  • The clone just appears without your opponent appearing to create it.
  • The clone doesn't disturb the terrain as he advances towards you. i.e. Doesn't cause foot prints in sand or dirt, doesn't cause dust to rise, doesn't cause the grass to bend as he walks over it, doesn't cause water to ripple or splash etc.
Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: I'd bite my thumb as I would for a summoning.

Rate the technique out of ten:7

"Time for the next technique Sasuke."

Once again L channels his chakra into Sasuke's brain which disrupts his normal chakra flow. L then manipulates his chakra to cause Sasuke to see multiple clones of L emerging from the surrounding trees and a few boulders that were plotted about the training ground. They advance upon Sasuke pretending to attack him. This causes Sasuke to swing at them which of course only causes them to multiply .. L is somewhat offended by the look of terror Sasuke wears on his face.. surely L wasn't that ugly..

Combinations you could make with this jutsu:
  • Conceal yourself among the chaotic clones allowing you to actually land a decent attack.
  • Take advantage of the fact that he is stuck within a Genjutsu in reality and compromise him with a technique in reality that he doesn't see coming.
  • Create clones before casting him in the gen so that he gets confused between real and fake.
Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu:
  • Doesn't disturb the terrain. (see above: Same reasons)
Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: Bite my my thumb yet again as one does for a summoning.

Rate the technique out of ten: 5

Questions about the technique (Optional):
  • When it states the clone emerges from that terrain based feature, does that mean it gives the impression that the clone was made from that feature? i.e. An Earth/Rock clone as it emerged from a rock? Or when it says emerged does it imply that the clone just appeared from that feature but wasn't a clone that was made from that feature ? o_O

~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
* Smirks after hearing L's response for being late and thinks he doesn't know I caught him in my genjutsu which made him think he was on Vacation XD *

Yosh its My turn now L you ready and your practical was quite amazing

I start to gather my chakra and release it in the air directing it towards L targeting any possible opening, mainly focusing on his eyes. While I start to direct and focus my chakra towards his eyes. Once my chakra has settled I start to disrupt L's chakra flow mainly affecting his visual powers. I make certain hand seals and a split second later I throw a paper bomb Kunai making L believe that Sasuke is making his ways towards him as usual to take his share of the Cake he is eating while standing with Sensei. Once the Kunai reaches L (me in case of L) I detonate the bomb laughing gas bomb making kakuzu Sensei scared and worried :p and making L laugh thanks to the laughing gas.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu :- Since the Jutsu is a short range Jutsu while L is busy dealing with my clone I can move in close and attack with my Katana or Chidori or any stronger jutsu before L is able release if its a illusion or real clone. Since I am using explosive tags inorder to maximize the damage I can boost the fire from explosion by using a wind style Jutsu making it more intense.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: Even if L see my clone move towards him if he concentrates he will notice and find it weird that I did a throwing motion and instead of throwing some thing a clone appeared out of now here and started to move towards him. More over if L uses his hearing sense he will be able to know that while I was moving he didn't hear the noise of my movements. Neither there was any change in the terrain or the ground while my clone was moving.

Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: I'd bite my tongue or my thumb to make the realease fast in order to defend against the attack.

Rate the technique out of ten: 7

I start to gather my chakra and release it in the air directing it towards L targeting any possible opening, mainly focusing on his eyes. While I start to direct and focus my chakra towards his eyes. Once my chakra has settled I start to disrupt L's chakra flow mainly affecting his visual powers making him see that Several of my clones are ar coming at him to take the last piece of his cake from him making him flinch and start swinging making the clones to multiply making L more and more concerned about the last piece of cake making him swing in hastily and angrily causing my illusional clones to multiply.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu: I can do Kage bushin no jutsu creating a numbers of these clones making them a lot in number making it hard to find out for my opponent which one's real unless L is able to break out of the genjutsu. This creates an opening by camouflaging in with the illusionary clones, so it would be hard to find me. Then, i can create a surprise attack behind a clone where i can't be seen and blast it right through the clone since its only an illusion.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: clone appeared out of now here and started to move towards him. More over if L uses his hearing sense he will be able to know that while I was moving he didn't hear the noise of my movements. Neither there was any change in the terrain or the ground while my clone was moving.

Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: I'd bite my tongue or my thumb to make the realease fast in order to defend against the attack.

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It means they simply emerged from that feature, not materialized from it. So it will be a basic clone every time, regardless of what terrain-based feature it emerges from. Imagine Obito phasing through matter, its the same principle in a Genjutsu.

( Magen: Narakumi ) - Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing
Description: The user performs two handseals causing it to appear as if a swirl of leaves surrounds the opponent. The swirl eventually falls away, and after a few seconds, the opponent sees the image of whatever they fear the most, shocking them and potentially causing them to faint.

Now I want you to perform a string of two handseals before focusing your chakra into your target's mind. Utilize this chakra to cause him/her to see a swirl of leaves surrounding them, before making it die down and fall away. A few seconds after this, your target will see an image of whatever they fear most in this world, severely shocking them and potentially causing them to faint. However, most ninja are strong hearted and so won't faint as a result of this jutsu, bare that in mind.

( Kori Shinchū no Jutsu ) - Sly Mind Affect Technique
Chakra Cost:15
Description: The user casts an illusion on the opponent that makes them believe they are travelling in a straight line, when instead they are moving in circles. This is only effective on moving opponents. If the opponent travels in the circle for hours, they will be exhausted.

An exceedingly simple technique, but most tend to misunderstand or over-complicate it. If your opponent is running towards you in a straight line (if they do not specify, assume its a linear path towards you), you can cast them in this genjutsu. The genjutsu will cause them to see themselves continuing on in this straight line path, when in reality they're running around in circles and not covering any ground.

Chakra Cost: 15-40
Description: The user does one hand seal to focus and then proceeds to disturb his chakra flow by forcefully stopping it momentarily and then "spiking" his spiritual energy, unbalancing his chakra. This dispels any genjutsu set upon the user except MS Eye Techniques, Paralysis-like Genjutsu and Demonic Illusion: Toad Confrontation Chant. The effectiveness of this technique is dependent upon the skill of the user. A Jounin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to C-rank. An S-class ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to B-rank. A Sannin rank ninja can dispel Genjutsu up to A-rank. A Sage rank user can dispel Genjutsu up to S-Rank. The user may use this technique through physical contact on others to dispel them from Genjutsu. The technique can only be used once per turn and the user still needs to fully follow the logic as to why he figured out it was an illusion.

The technique itself is a basic chakra surge which can dispel up to S-Rank genjutsus if your rank permits it. As it requires a single handseal, any genjutsus which hinder your upper body maneuverability or cause paralysis which affects your arms can't be dispelled by this method. Genjutsu is commonly used to paralyze or prohibit certain movements e.g. handseals and so more often that not, this technique won't be a viable method of release. Personally, I don't use the jutsu that often since I like to think I would cope perfectly fine without it since there was once a limit on how many times this jutsu could be used per battle. It seems like its seen as the easy way out of genjutsus and the least creative method possible. However, sometimes its the best option to take as pain release is problematic for most bios and this technique can be used to free team mates from an illusion.

Key Points: Make sure to watch the rules for battles very closely, many of them say "No Sub/No Kai".

Don't use the template for Kai.

Last edited:

~Zonta~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yosh I will be going first this time Sensei Sowwy for being super late I had fight With L he broke my Ribs U_U
* You are going to get scolded this time L :snick: *

( Magen: Narakumi ) - Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing

After listening to Sensei's Instruction start to gather my chakra and release it in the air directing it towards L targeting any possible opening, mainly focusing on his eyes. While I start to direct and focus my chakra towards his eyes. Once my chakra has settled I start to disrupt L's chakra flow mainly affecting his visual powers. I make the two hand seals requited to perform this technique which ones settled I start to disrupt L's chakra flow mainly affecting his visual powers placing him under my genjutsu. Under this genjutsu I make leaves surround L blocking his vision. After a few seconds the leaves start to settle down and L's see the most fearful thing he ever fears the most which is the last piece of the cake he has is eaten by me the great Sasuke in front of him laughing the most evil laugh ever and enjoying the yummiest taste ever making him fear the most and making him tremble with lots of tears in his eyes.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu :- While L is in genjutsu trying to release it I can move in close and strike with my Katana or I can also attack with my Chidori gravely injuring him causing him out of action for a while or I might use any other offensive jutsu as long he is distracted releasing it.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: Since the technique is Short range you need to be closer to the opponent in this case L so he will notice the handseals I am making and if the place we are fighting isn't surrounded by tree's like in a dessert or on water surface then it would give a strong opponent the obvious hint that he is placed under a genjutsu unless we are fighting in a forest. Moreover the change of scene and certain scary part appearing directly in front of L out of nowhere will give another hint too.

Your preferred method of release: Pain Release: I'd bite my tongue or my thumb to make the realease fast in order to defend against the attack. cause if I am scared and if Kai doesn't work it will cause panic.

Rate the technique out of ten: 7

( Kori Shinchū no Jutsu ) - Sly Mind Affect Technique

" Yosh get ready L I am going to take that cake from you now so its a duel for the cake in your hand !"​

As my opponent in this case L is standing in Mid range I take my battling stance while gathering enough amount of chakra for the technique, And as the prize is the cake L sure will try go all out and will try to get close to me. As expected he does he starts running towards me giving me clear vision of him. Then I start to run away from L while channeling all of my chakra towards L disrupting L's chakra flow mainly affecting his visual powers placing him under my genjutsu making him believe that he is running after me where as in reality he is running in circles.

Combinations you could make with this jutsu :- Since L is trying to get in short range to attack me I can use any strong short range justsu or I can use Taijutsu to attack L. While L is in genjutsu trying to release it I can move in close and strike with my Katana or I can also attack with my Chidori gravely injuring him causing him out of action for a while or I might use any other offensive jutsu as long he is distracted releasing it.

Your reasoning on why you would deduce it to be a Genjutsu: If L concentrates and looks for the distance between him and me his opponent is not changing whether he speed up his space or slow down he would come to know that he is placed under genjutsu. Since its as if L is not making any progress and the opponent in this case who is not breaking a sweat where as its exhausting L.

Your preferred method of release: I would go with Kai but considering the Opponent I might go with biting my tongue technique or even inflicting pain to myself with a kunai.

Sasuke as I start to relax become calms and I bring my hands together to form the tiger hand seal, and I start to focus my chakra flow trying to stop it, by first understanding the natural build up and flow of my chakra, I then retrace the steps of my natural build up and my natural flow of chakra, with that down, I stops the flow of my chakra(more like blocks the door that allow the flow of chakra), I stop the flow of Chakra completely for sometime (keeping the chakra door closed momentarily) and then I suddenly build up my chakra by forcefully bursting my chakra spiking my chakra my chakra output (Opening the closed doors suddenly). I start building it even more so that I can forcefully throw out the unbalanced chakra of my opponent from my chakra system which was disrupting my normal chakra flow by trying to trap me in genjutsu.