Kin
907💸
Kumi
2,293💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Promotional poster featuring main characters, (bottom left to right) Jou, Sugane, Paiman, Hajime, J.J., O.D., Utsutsu, (top) Rui and Berg.

Series Name: Gatchaman Crowds (ガッチャマンクラウズ Gatchaman Kurauzu)

Year of Serialization:
July 12, 2013 – ongoing

Author(s):
Toshiya Ono

Artist(s): N/A

Genre(s):
Action, Science Fiction, Superhero.

Current Status:
It's still ongoing.

Moment of Reviewing:
It currently has 4 episodes.

Other Formats:
Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (科学忍者隊ガッチャマン Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman)

Series Summary:

Hajime Ichinose is a rather eccentric schoolgirl who is obsessed with notebooks. One day, she is approached by a mysterious man named JJ who pulls out a journal called a NOTE from her body, declaring her to be the new member of the elusive Gatchaman team. She later follows the words appearing in her NOTE to the mall, where a Gatchaman named Sugane Tachibana manages to defeat an alien that had disguised herself as a human. Later that day, Sugane brings Hajime to the Gatchaman's hideout where she meets the other members, Jou Hibiki, O.D., Utsu-tsu, and their leader, Paiman. Sugane explains that their duty is to protect Earth from a hostile alien race known as the MESS that has been abducting humans. Hajime and Sugane are soon called upon by JJ to fight a MESS at the bus station, during which Hajime transforms for the first time, whilst a mysterious figure watches.

Critical Review:

I was originally drawn in from the artwork, but as soon as I got into the episodes I was hooked! The animation and story are very good and the music is some of the best I have heard so far! I have heard a lot of people complain that this is far from the original anime and they do not like it. Don't let the previous make sway you from this show. Even though this one is a lot different from the original, it is very good. Who wants a total repeat anyways! Give it a try, you will not regret it.