Sir Galahad
Saber | Immortal Knight | Kingmaker
Male ♂
Six Hundred and Eighty Eight
Surgebinders
Lawful Good
You must be registered for see images

⚔Appearance | ルックス⚔
Galahad is a tall and muscular man, with broad shoulders and a mesomorphic build. He has a white complexion, golden-blonde hair and cerulean coloured eyes. Over his chest he wears a black armoured vest with yellow lines through it. Draped across his back is a lush green cloak with gold markings and trimmings that doubles as a cape. It includes a white fur-coat that encircles his neck and chains which link the two sides. The interior of this cloak contains several hidden pockets and Galahad uses these compartments to store his tools and weaponry. Strapped to his left hip is a silver longsword held in metallic white scabbard; attached to his right hip is sheathed dagger. Part of his attire is composed of light-weight armour which is flexible at the joints and covers his entire lower body, from his waist all the way down to his feet. It also includes a pair of gauntlets and vambraces, spanning from his hands up until his elbows. He wears two specialized launchers made of chakra metal over the wrist portion of his gauntlets. The launchers are the same colour as the metallic gloves and so they're extremely difficult to distinguish from the rest of his attire. He wears a silver wristband on his right gauntlet that has a kanji shaped like a pentagon with open circles placed at every point of the shape. His chrome-coloured Leg Weights are worn on the outside of his greaves, allowing them to be removed with ease at any time.

⚔Personality |性格⚔
Galahad is a kind-hearted individual that values integrity and valour above all else. He cares naught for the glory and fame attached to knighthood and heroism, he fights only to defend life. During his time as a Knight of the Round Table, he was fiercely loyal to his king. He never kills unnecessarily nor does he risk his own life for frivolous reasons. He always acts in accordance with a strict personal code that he tirelessly upholds. From a young age, tales of his father’s honour and courage left him in awe and wonder. His mother’s stories painted Lancelot out to be the greatest man to ever walk the face of the Earth. It was for this reason the young boy aspired to be the embodiment of the ‘ideal knight’. One that never erred or strayed from his path; one that stayed devoted to his cause and true to his beliefs until the day he died. He believed that if there was no one to embody an ideal, then it was nothing more than idle fancy. Galahad has an unshakable belief in the righteousness of his actions and this is reflected in the colour of his Prana, which is a brilliant shade of silver. He continues to admire his father, even after his fall from grace. In his mind, one act of intemperance, one moment of weakness, could not erase all of the good he had done. No matter how much someone sinned in the past, there was always a chance for redemption if they were sincere in their contrition. He has vowed never to hate anyone, no matter how heinous their crimes. This should not be confused with forgiving them or allowing them to go unpunished if they remain set in the ways. It is more accurate to say he metes out justice with the same stoic attitude that he approaches all things in life with. He aims to view things from an emotionally-detached perspective but without separating himself from his sense of good and evil.

Village Info
☬ Village Information | 村の情報 ☬

Village of Birth: None
Village of Alliance: None

Rank and Chakra Info

☬ Rank and Chakra | ランクとチャクラ ☬

Ninja Rank: Sage of Armament
Specialty: Single Handseal (Wind), Efficient Chakra (Fuuin), Advanced Tracking (x2 Tracking), Seal Caster (+1 Body Seal)

Your Ninjutsu:
Rank and Chakra Info

♦Elements♦
♦Techniques♦
♦Specials♦
風 Wind Release →
弓 Trick Archery →
忍 Ninja Arts →
雷 Lightning Release →
ぬ Bearded Sage→
体 Body Arts →
糸 Radiation Release →
毛 Thousand Blades →
剣 Sword Arts →
炭 Sound Release →
勢 Surge of Evocation →
幻 Illusion Arts →
火 Fire Release →
軍 Surge of Armament →
封 Sealing Arts→
水 Water Release →
強 Surge of Augmentation →
矢 Sniper Arts →
土 Earth Release →
聖 Surge of Transcendence → Mastered​
音 Gamma Fist →
[/td]

Summoning Contracts: Griffins (Signer)
Hydras (Signer)

Galahad's Signature Jutsu
(Ototon: Ten Ribenji) - Sound Release: Heavenly Revenge
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user stomps his foot on the ground and releases a massive amount of sound chakra, amplifying the "stomp" sound which is released as a wave of low frequency sound through the ground and also through the air, all around. This omni directional sound "explosion" causes the ground to crack open in an omnidirectional area around the user up to mid range and pushes the air all around through massive sound vibrations. These are able to stop any incoming attack (following logic and elemental interactions) but also disable and stop any attack or thing moving or traveling through the ground.
(Ototon: Hekis o Za Ame) - Sound Release: Tears in the Rain
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: The user channels his sound chakra into his hand (either one) and quickly snap his finders to send a high frequency & high pitch sound wave out in a omnidirectional manner. Should the sound wave connect with his opponent's weapon (Basically anything solid; kunais, chains, shuriken that has direct contact with the victim(s) ) the vibrations will resonate through the weapon for 2 turns and if contact is maintain with the weapons, the vibration will pass along through to the opponent's weapon and then his body causing temporary muscle paralysis for two turns due to the sonic vibrations being released. Muscle paralysis can easily be avoided if the opponent loses contact with the said weapon(s) for a short time interval of when the weapon(s) starts to vibrate. This sound jutsu works similar to the canon sound jutsu; 'The voice of Midas' in which the opponent suffers a muscle paralysis after hearing the sound. This jutsu can only be used thrice per fight with a one turn interval. No S rank and above sound jutsu the turn this jutsu is successfully used and the next.
(Fuuton: Manako no Shippuu) – Wind Release: Eye of the Gale
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A (+20 damage to anything which moves through the portal)
Description: The user will perform the Rat Handseal before focusing their fuuton chakra into the air at any location on the battlefield to generate a small, flat disc-shaped portal of wind, either near their location or the opponent's. A unique ability possessed by the portal of wind is any solid/liquid objects, constructs or techniques passing through it will have their cutting capabilities greatly amplified, as the disc of wind provides them with a green coating of sharp wind chakra much like the one produced in Wind Release: Vacuum Blade. The process in which this happens is similar to Danzo's technique (Vacuum Blade), where the blowing of fuuton chakra onto the weapon is substituted by the projectile(s) passing through the portal of wind. The layer of wind will amplify a construct's cutting properties to the extent, a thrown rock will become as destructive as a bullet, making this technique a very formidable weapon despite its non-offensive nature. This technique will only amplify the cutting capabilities of solid or liquid constructs e.g. rocks, kunai, bullets of water and etc, whilst only blocking/weakening any Lightning-based elements which attempt to pass through it. One disadvantage to the technique is, the opponent can also benefit from this technique if their thrown projectiles or techniques manage to pass through the portal, making this jutsu a very double-edged sword. The portal itself can have a maximum diameter of five meters and for any solid/liquid constructs to benefit from the cutting enhancement, they must be projectiles capable of fitting through it completely. Since this technique serves to imbue objects and techniques with a coating of wind chakra, they will become dual elemental techniques e.g. Wind/Earth or Wind/Water.

Note: Lasts for two turns
Note: Can only be Taught by Negative Knight
Note: Can only be used four times per battle
Note: Cool down time of two turns in between uses
Note: Does not enhance speed of projectiles/techniques
Note: Only amplifies cutting capabilities of solid or liquid constructs
Note: Does not affect Fire or Wind-based techniques
Note: Portal of wind can be created a maximum of ten meters away from the user
(Fuuton: Yari Longinous) - Wind Release: Spear of Longinous
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: After a short sequence of two handseals, the user releases their chakra out into the battlefield, manipulating the wind allowing them to create a two meter long spear of wind anywhere within mid range of the user and outside of a three meter radius distance of the opponent. The spear of wind propels itself forwards at high speeds using wind currents, which is a saving grace for the opponent as it creates small drafts of air that a particularly alert opponent should be able to feel and then react to allowing them a small period of time before the Spear hits them. The spear of wind also creates a faint yet barely audible swishing sound as it travels and is a bright radiant lime green colour due to being comprised of compressed air and dense chakra making it clearly visible.

Note:
- Can only be used 2x
- No Fuuton jutsu above S rank for the next two turns.
- Can only be taught by Scaze
(Ototon: Sazanami no Kosui) - Sound Release: Ripple of the Lake
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: 80
Description: A technique that stands as a combination of both the (Ototon: Oto no Ken) - Sound Release: Sonic Fist and the (Ototon: Shinsei) - Sound Release: Divinity. The user will gather massive amounts of chakra into his limbs and deliver a single, powerful blow into a given target. Not only does the chakra engulf the chosen limb in an aura of vibrations and destructive low frequency sound waves but also, upon making contact with the target, channels the sound into the target, causing vibrations to ripple through the target. What happens is a massive shockwave that blasts outwards on contact, causing massive destruction all around up to the limits of Short-range, producing a small crater (if it hit an opponent, he is sent backwards into long range). This effect is amplified by the sound vibrations infiltrated into the target which ripple through it and cause destruction from within it. The damage is higher on softer tissue which is severely bruised. The technique is highly effective again liquids and highly dense solids.
(Fuuton: Yokaku Tatsumaki) – Wind Release: Foreboding Tornadoes
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Damage: 60
Description: The user release their Fuuton chakra, and by performing the "Snake" handseal creates four tornadoes in a square formation around the opponent; the Tornadoes being capable of being as big as "Four Pillar Bind". The four tornadoes generate a fair amount of pushing force that is all released center-wards towards the opponent. The pushing wind has little offensive capabilities but it does make it much harder for the opponent to move as they're constantly being pressured by opposing conflicting winds. The tornadoes quickly begin to release the Wind blades that they are comprised of towards the opponent, over the space of a few seconds the Tornadoes release all of their wind blades, resulting in the Tornadoes completely disappearing. The countless blades slicing through the practically immobilized opponent leaving nothing but minced meat. Projectiles that enter the Tornadoes domain are sped up due to the pushing winds. By performing the "Ox" handseal, the user can make the Tornadoes move, they all move along the "square" either to the left or the right. Alternatively this can be used as a defense, creating the tornadoes around yourself, in which case the Tornadoes wind pushes outwards, while the blades are also released outwards.

Note:
- Can only be used 3x
- No wind jutsu above S rank for the next two turns
- Projectiles speeds are still traceable by the naked eye, albeit it might be just barely and only affects basic ninja weapons

⚔History | 歴史⚔

I have always been the perfect knight, the culmination of an ideal. Even when I had to imprison my sister and murder my father. I have never compromised my beliefs and yet, everything I've ever touched has come to ruin. I was lauded as a prodigy, the greatest knight of the round table and the only man to surpass my father. I am something ancient, a vestige of a bygone era. I learned swordsmanship from the strongest warriors, received tutelage from the father of magic and eventually, I became immortal. I've been alive for over six hundred years. I've fought more battles than days you have lived, overthrown scores of tyrannical kings and have slain colossal dragons with nothing but my blade. For all my strength, I could not save my mother from the despair that claimed her life. I could not reconcile the sister that corrupted and fractured my order. I failed to return my father from the precipice of darkness, condemning him to die entrenched in shadow. I have lived my life in the service of mankind, so that my tale could inspire hope and act as a beacon of light for lost souls. If there is no one to embody an ideal, then it is nothing more than idle fancy. It is for that reason alone I refuse to stray from my path.

My earliest memories are of a small cottage on the outskirts of Camelot, growing up hearing tales of honour and valour. I had no need for storybook fantasy; in my world these legends existed and I was descended from one of the greatest. I listened in awe and wonder as my mother Elaine retold my father’s renowned exploits. It was not the fame or glory that interested me, I was enraptured by the themes of courage, integrity and righteousness. Lancelot was lauded as the most chivalrous knight, a defender of the weak and King Arthur’s most loyal supporter. Though I had never met him or even glimpsed him from afar, the words Elaine often spoke painted a picture of a person I yearned to emulate. If I could become half the man my father was, I would die with a smile upon my face. In her better moods, my mother would encourage me to pursue my dream with a fervour I have scarcely seen over the course of my lifetime. She would look at me in adoration and shower me with praise whenever I practiced swordsmanship with makeshift weapons or rode around on one of the farmer’s horses. My mother would often follow these compliments with whispered mutterings about my father. Before Lancelot’s knighthood, it was completely unheard of for someone of low birth to ascend to the Round Table. His promotion had changed all that, effectively upheaving the social order that was the norm for hundreds of years. His struggle had paved the way for me and others to aspire for something that was previously impossible. Learning he was the one responsible for such a colossal change only served to elevate my opinion of him even further.

However my childhood was not all narratives and swordplay, there was darkness too. Elaine would sometimes enter a severe depressive state that I termed her ‘dark moods’. Her mind would give way to extreme pessimism, apathy and finally despair. She would cry for days asking the same question over and over “Why her?” Even the briefest respite that is sleep eluded her as she was plagued by nightmares. In her slumber she would speak of the look in my father’s eyes, more fearsome than a dragon yet colder than ice. Soon after she would wake up screaming, frozen in fear and I would have to reassure her that her life was not in danger. Her actions were not at all in line with everything that was said of Lancelot. I decided to ignore it as I knew my mother was not entirely sane and this choice would haunt me for the rest of my life. At her worst, my mother would slip in and out of waking dreams, where she would lose touch with reality for days at a time and reminisce about her time with my father. It was in these interludes that I would glean the most information about my mother’s relationship with Lancelot, especially as they approached their conclusion. I eventually deduced that Elaine had seduced him by pretending to be someone else. And so I realized, I was the spawn of deceit and unrequited love, a specimen of sin, an unwanted child. It was the last that hurt me most of all; the idea that my father didn't know I existed struck to the bone. However with time came clarity and I learned to live with each of these truths.

If Lancelot was oblivious to my existence, then he hadn't abandoned me and my sister as I once feared. It was possible he would welcome me with open arms if I one day revealed myself to him. Besides this comforting thought, I eventually became privy to two ultimate truths; ancestry is not absolute and that love is an ultimately destructive force. I could not let the manner of my birth dictate the course of my life, I needed to rebel it against like my father did. If I was the lowest of the low, then I would ascend to the greatest heights and prove once and for all that a man is more than his blood. I would be an example to all men, the embodiment of the ideal knight. If one such as I could manage such an arduous feat then surely there was hope the rest of humanity could do the same. As for my ailing mother, I finally understood the cause of her madness. Her unrequited love for my father had worn away her sanity. It was this same love that spurred her to deceive him and led to her exile from the only home she had ever known. Some lauded love as one of the highest virtues but I understood it to be a precursor to sin and hatred. With the loss of love came the want for vengeance, for love and hate were two sides of the same coin. The more profound the affection, the more intense the fury when it is stolen away. Lust was an even baser form of love, a means of seduction from one's duty and allegiance. I vowed never to debase myself with either, for emotion could supersede reason if allowed to run rampant.

My mother would always leave her dream-like state wide eyed and crazed, as if she were some startled animal who feared for it’s life. After one of her more notable lapses, my mother returned to reality in a strangely lucid state. Elaine would pull me close and utter something so profound I would only understand the true depth of it’s meaning centuries later. “There are only two things you should fear, my son. A woman scorned and the wrath of a good man.” It was not long before these animated reminisces that were characterized by speech and emotion were replaced by a lifeless catatonic state. My mother would sit in her chair listlessly and become completely unresponsive to the outside world. Eventually both my sister and I came to understand that we could no longer rely on her to raise us, in fact the opposite proved true. It became our task to tend to her needs every time she lapsed into this dazed stupor. In her delirium, it fell to me to raise myself and my sister. Both of us were precocious children but while her intelligence was geared towards the academic, my intellect was of a more practical nature. I effectively fell into the role of the parent though Amara didn't require coddling of any kind, she was always strangely independent. She received me better than she did my mother and began to open up more. Our lives were characterized by two intervals. During the day I would work, securing us a form of income and Amara would look after our mother. At night we would stay up discussing our hopes, dreams and things we had learned. I would impart my sister with practical knowledge such as how to tie certain knots and she would recount famous battles or explain certain ideologies.

We both learned many things from this arrangement but I think it benefited me more than Amara. I ruled the day and secured our livelihood but the night was her domain, where her knowledge was infinite in comparison to my own. This way of life continued for some time, however all good things come to an end, and so even this brief reprieve did not last. This occurred when my mother gave into despair entirely and took her life while I was away. I returned to the sight of Amara standing next to my mother's still corpse, her blank expression totally unconcerned with what lay before her. It was one of the most chilling sights I have ever witnessed and for a single moment, I felt an irrational fear towards my twin sister. After Elaine's funeral, we were forced from our home and committed to an orphanage. Both of us fled on the first day in search of Camelot and our father, the last living relative we had left. Reaching the kingdom was not the crucible; the difficultly lay with making contact with one of the most famous men in the realm, one who was second only to the King. After several failed attempts at acquiring his attention, we resigned ourselves to living on the street until an opportunity presented itself. On our third day as street urchins, a procession of knights began to pass us by. A mounted knight in a shining suit of white armour at the head of the rest casually looked our way and decided to disembark from his horse. He crouched down to be less imposing and lifted his helmet before asking us if we needed somewhere to live. At the sight of his face I could barely contain my reaction. My mother had described our father's features on several occasions and this man was undeniably him.

I reached out to hug him, momentarily unmindful of the dirt staining my clothes. I apologized profusely once I realized my mistake but he shrugged it off with jubilant laugh, reassuring me it wasn't a big deal. Now I'm ashamed to say this but I didn't handle this reunion with a shred of the stoicism I usually exhibited. Perhaps it was the bottled-up feelings of my mother's untimely death or maybe I was so moved by this random act of kindness but whatever the reason, one simple fact remains. I cried. I cried until my tears ran dry and sobbed all throughout the explanation about my parentage. At first his expression only showed a slight frown and my anxieties that he would view us as both a curse and stain on his honour came to the forefront of my mind. However at the mention of Elaine and her death I glimpsed a look of profound sorrow in his eyes. The lines around his eyes and mouth showed he was straining to keep his composure, a knight of the round couldn't be seen crying in public. Instead he pulled me and my sister close, hugging us both and apologized over and over for abandoning us. He adopted us and placed our education in the care of his best friend. Merlin was a young man that somehow exuded a sagely aura far beyond his years. My lessons with him were insightful to the point that they shaped the philosophy I still hold today, over six centuries later, in more ways than I can fathom. When I am conflicted and in need of a source of wisdom, the first thing I do is think back to my lessons with him and try to recall his words. If Arthur was the greatest king and Lancelot the greatest knight, Merlin is the wisest man that ever was.

I will never forget the first time I met him for it was one of the strangest, most brilliant experiences in my life. I didn't realize it at the time but in a single lecture he had mapped out my future and that of my father all without my knowledge. I still wonder from time to time whether he knew the fate that awaited Camelot and everyone in it but perhaps that is a question I don't want an answer to. He first introduced himself as Merlin, a man who knew all things but I thought he had said the latter in jest. It was only when he insisted he was serious that I began to bombard him with what I thought to be impossible questions. I asked about my future and the manner of my death. To both he gave a single reply; that telling me the future would change it and so at no point in time was there a correct answer to my question. I asked him how important bloodline was and whether love was a force for good or evil. In response he told me it was time for our first lesson and I mistakenly assumed he was simply avoiding my questions. He spoke of elemental affinities and what each of them symbolized, and I listened intently because I was eager to begin my training. Little did I know his lecture was a cryptic answer to both of my questions as well as a eerily accurate prophecy concerning my future.

"Earth denotes a profound strength of character but also brittleness, these people break before they bend. This can be interpreted in two ways: having an indomitable will or being inflexible to the point of one’s own ruin. This is all I have to say on this boring element, Earth alone is of no interest. Only when it is observed alongside other affinities does it's true value come to light. Fire is often seen as an annihilative force and for good reason but it is more accurate to say it signifies passion. This intensity of emotion can be channeled for good and these people often burn the brightest in whatever they devote themselves to. However this inner flame is liable to spiral out of control, especially when suffused with fury and hatred. Take care with those who command fire, for they have potential to be the fiercest and most destructive of us all. Water is a healing force, it is perceived as calm and serene but it can be chaotic and relentless. It can be a still pool, undisturbed and unmarred by even a single ripple or it can be a raging sea in a storm. Waves crash against rocks endlessly, locked in ceaseless combat and though their progress is slow, time reveals water to be the winner in this war of attrition. Our bodies consist mostly of water and when we fall sick, they rage an internal conflict to restore our health to what it once was. Ripples in water symbolize consequences and how a single action can have visible and invisible ramifications for years to come.

Wind is often described as ethereality but in truth it is simply freedom. Many individuals with this affinity tend to be open-minded and more liberal with their beliefs. They revel in philosophy and are inclined to scholarly pursuits. They can be idealistic yet remain unchained by these notions. To be wind is to be ever-present, it is a detachment to all things material, it is to be immortal. You cannot slay an idea and so the pen is truly mightier than the sword. Perpetual youth is the deepest desire of all things doomed to die but I think it to be a curse. With this goal forever out of their reach, men and women try to immortalize themselves through their thoughts and beliefs. However some people become obsessed with these lofty ideals, to the point where believe themselves transcendent and above all of creation. This almost always translates to conceit and disdain towards the rest of humanity but our King is a wondrous exception to this rule. He stands above all men without looking down on them but this renders him blind to their ulterior motives and machinations. Thus it falls to men like your father to guard him from those who would do him harm.

Lightning is transient, it is brilliant, it is cataclysmic; it is a paradox. A bolt of lightning will descend from the heavens in the blink of an eye, illuminating the sky for the briefest of moments and vanish just as quickly as it appeared. However it’s effects will linger for long after it’s gone. It’s very conception heals the barrier around our planet which protects us from the wrath of our sun. However it’s descent will scorch the earth and lay waste to the world below. Our very bodies are powered by electricity and yet a surge of lightning will electrocute us all the same. Lightning is temporary, only meant for this world for the shortest of times; an interesting contrast to it’s mortal enemy Wind, wouldn’t you say? There is power in one's blood but not in the sense the most people believe. Class, royalty, all of that is inane nonsense. I don't mean to say that all men are created equal, that too is a fallacy. Some people are destined for greatness while others are fated to die in obscurity. There is no perfect system for determining the worth of an individual but I find mapping their affinities an ideal method for gaining some insight into their character and potential. This is not to say all people conform to the descriptions I have set out, the human psyche is infinitely complex. If it was so easy a task to group and classify men, philosophy would have died out long ago. I am simply outlining the proclivities people tend to have and what individuals with these affinities tend to lean towards. It should also be noted that every person is born with at least two affinities and this effectively compounds duality with complexity, creating a tumultuous array of possibilities. You could say that fact alone renders this an exercise in futility, for you can never truly predict how life will shape a person. My lesson to you Galahad, is that there is duality in all things. Nothing is intrinsically good or bad, people simply ascribe value to things and purport that falsehood as truth. Even morality is relative, the sole exception to this rule is knowledge. Now, summarize each of the five elements in two words that reflect their duality."

I was left momentarily stunned by the sheer scope of his explanation but once I had recovered from the shock and awe, I allowed myself to ponder for a moment before fulfilling his request.

"Earth is strength and weakness. Fire is love and hatred. Wind is freedom and slavery. Water is war and peace. Lightning is life and death."

He raises a single eyebrow at my answer before replying. "Precisely. It seems I've been given a good pupil this time."

"What is your main affinity, Merlin?"

"Why, Wind of course."

He then tested both my and my sister's affinities. My primary was Wind and my secondary was Water. I don't know why but I was simultaneously jubilant and anxious at the two affinities I exhibited, particularly my main one. Merlin examined the results with an expression of endless curiosity and this only heightened my anxiety.

"What do Water and Wind mean when taken together?"

"Your life will be characterized by perpetual conflict. You will constantly wage war in the name of peace. You will do this ceaselessly, until the end of days. Your only support will be your ideals and you will cling to them more tightly than a miser keeps to his gold."

"Is that my future?"

"Who knows. Perhaps it will change now that I've told you it."

For the life of me I could not determine whether his words were said in jest or if his words were truly a prophecy of some kind. I agonized over this for a number of days but eventually his chilling words were all but forgotten. I realize now that by telling me my future, Merlin may have been trying to change the course of my life. He always struck me as amoral, detached and uninterested in people, as befitting someone with the affinity of wind. However now I feel as though he genuinely cared for those around him: his king, his best friend and his students. I can only imagine the burden he carried, knowing the kingdom was doomed to fall regardless of what he did. Perhaps he was paralyzed by the thought that acting upon that knowledge might be the cause of Camelot's ruin.
All of my lessons with Merlin followed a similar tune and were just as thought provoking, if not more so. When I was not learning from him, I trained with my father or performed my duties as his squire. At night or whenever both of us had a free moment, I would teach Amara whatever I learned in my training. To live with my father, to train with my hero, to learn from the wisest man alive, I was truly blessed. No words can express what each of these things meant to me. I'm grateful for the six carefree years I was allowed to spend with them and no matter how long I live, those days will never leave me. It was only when I turned fourteen, on the very day of my birth, that my life changed completely. With Lancelot's blessing, I entered myself into the trials to become a Knight of the Round as soon as I was eligible to enter. Men from all walks of life had arrived at the proving ground in the hopes of ascension and a better livelihood. The trials were harsh and numerous, with each one eliminating more people than the one which preceded it. Once the figure of hundreds fell to sixteen, we were forced to fight in a tournament. The implication was clear: only one person among us would join the ranks of the Round Table. With a renewed sense of purpose, I defeated each of my adversaries in single combat until only I remained. However I was gravely mistaken to think one could enter such a prestigious order so easily. For my final test, I would have to duel one of the Knights of the Round, a man known as Sir Percival. He was relatively young for a knight, only half a decade older than me but it was not his age that mattered. He had been a knight for two years and that gulf of experience separated us far more than any number of years ever could. To my relief, I was informed I didn't have to win; I simply had to survive the bout and showcase my mastery of swordsmanship before I was defeated.

The battle, unlike all of those thus far, would be fought with real weapons rather than wooden swords. It would be a fight on which I would have to stake my very life. When the signal to begin was given, silence fell. The crowd of hundreds that had come to spectate were gripped by a deathly quiet. Their anticipation was palpable, their thoughts easily readable. Percival and I circled each other with a predatory sort of grace, watching each other for the slightest hint of an opening. The moment appeared to drag on forever but in reality only a few seconds had passed. Both of us decided to charge in at the same time and the gap between us was bridged in the blink of an eye. Percival and I brought our swords to bear and the sound of ringing metal resonated through the air as they clashed. Our blades met again countless times, as I parried his strikes and he parried mine. The battle seemed to continue endlessly and I somehow managed to match him blow for blow. However the end came suddenly when Percival performed a maneuver I was not familiar with. It blindsided me and he successfully disarmed me before I knew what was happening. The defeat was disheartening but my spirits were lifted by the news that I had passed. I had officially become a Knight of the Round Table. Supposedly I was the youngest person to ever join their ranks, the last record holder being my father who was inducted at age sixteen. During my two years as a knight, I received rigorous training and participated in several campaigns as well as numerous defenses of Camelot. I slayed the nightmarish dragon Vortigen, saved the life of my king during a siege and was a part of the five-man team that repelled an entire invading force. I became a legend, but more importantly, I had become a man my father could be proud of.

Almost in rebellion of Merlin’s prophecy, I refused to ever use the element of Water. I didn’t mind if my ideals ruled the course of my life but I did not want to become a warmonger. To ceaselessly wage war in the name of peace was a futile endeavour and a paradox. And so to fill the void left by the ‘loss’ of that element, I began to use Fire in order to emulate my father. I would channel my passion into something positive, the fierceness of my loyalty would know no equal. Lofty ideals and the will to make them a reality, I hoped to combine the two. Eventually I was chosen to undertake a quest for a fabled relic known as the 'Holy Grail'. I was accompanied by Percival and a knight known as Lamorak. Our journey took us far and wide, over valleys and through mountain passes and after two years, we arrived at a cave. We passed through it and at the end of the cave, we found a mass of swirling, white energy in the form of a grail. I reached out to touch it and the energy latched onto my body before fusing with it. It was like a cold flame running through my veins. It took me a second to realize I had been transported to another realm, a different plane of existence. It was a dimension composed entirely of energy known as Prana and there I learned the nature of it and all of it's uses. At the time I thought it was the most incredible experience I would ever have. I returned to the real world a few hours later, only to find things exactly the way I left them. Barely a second had passed in reality while I had spent hours training in the Throne. I informed both of my fellow knights that I would 'warp' to Camelot with my newfound ability to notify them that our quest was complete.

I returned to the sight of Camelot in ashes, mountains of bodies strewn about as far as the eye could see. I searched frantically for my father, wading through the sea of the dead in the hope that he somehow lived. Instead I found my King where he lay dead, stabbed through the heart by one of his own knights. Mordred’s body had fallen across from Arthur’s and the holy spear Rhongomyniad was still lodged in his chest. The haunting scene spoke of treason and betrayal. The kingdom I cherished more than anything hadn’t fallen to an outside enemy, it had destroyed itself. There was no vengeance to be had, nowhere to focus the building rage in my chest. All I was allowed to feel was a sense of loss and emptiness. I grabbed a handful of ash from the floor and remembered Merlin’s words. “Fire is love and hatred”. What became of the boundless love the people felt for their King? How could so many join with Mordred’s traitorous faction? How could Mordred, one of Arthur’s most loyal knights, lead a rebellion against him? For all that love to transform into hate…it was truly sickening. After releasing the fistful of charred remains from my grasp, I vowed never again to wield the element of Fire. It would stand as a testament to an even stronger promise, one that precluded me from ever feeling the foul emotions of love and hatred. I never found Lancelot’s body among the ruins but thankfully I found my sister safe and unharmed. She seemed exultant to find me alive and I was surprised she could smile so genuinely despite all of the death and decay surrounding us. I would later learn this was one of many warning signs that I so foolishly ignored. She explained the chain of events that led to the devastation surrounding us in an almost detached tone of voice, as if none of it mattered.

When I learned of my father’s infidelity and exile, I felt like my heart was going to break. My father was supposed to have been the perfect knight, the realization of an ideal. To think he would commit adultery with the Queen…that he would risk everything for love…I couldn’t accept it. His honour, his loyalty, his place alongside our King, he had thrown all of that away for a woman? Yet again Merlin’s words resounded in my mind. “He stands above all men without looking down on them but this renders him blind to their ulterior motives and machinations. Thus it falls to men like your father to guard him from those who would do him harm." Since Lancelot wasn't present to advise him, Arthur's ministers exploited his good nature. There was no one to warn him of Mordred's impending treachery. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say Camelot fell because of my father. I did not blame him, I could only feel a mixture of guilt and sympathy. I was equally to blame for all that had transpired. They called me 'the greatest knight', but what use is such a title if I couldn't even protect my King? To ward off the growing sense of despair, it was in that moment I resolved to found an order of knights. A grouping of 'Radiants' that would serve no king or queen, one that only fought in service of an ideal. I extended an invitation to Amara and she eagerly accepted, becoming the first of many to come. After sending her to the Throne, I teleported back to the cave where I found the Grail and performed the dreadful task of relaying what had become of Camelot to the two knights who had accompanied me on my quest.

It was a painful experience but not nearly as heart-wrenching as witnessing the sight with my own two eyes. When the appropriate amount of time had passed, once the two had ample time to mourn, I extended the same invitation to both of them. Percival and Lamorak latched onto my offer, for it gave them the two most important things in the world: hope and purpose. Both knights along with my sister constituted the founding members of my Radiants and in time we went on to recruit many more. We found that Prana usually manifested itself in three different colours: blue, gold and green. It appeared the energy form was closely entwined with the user’s beliefs, emotions and mental state. I came to understand each colour reflected a different set of thoughts and ideals, which prompted me to ascribe the following definitions to them. Blue prana denoted courage, loyalty, integrity and trust. Gold prana denoted wisdom, pride, prestige and power. Green denoted freedom, harmony, conviction and fortitude. However this did not mean someone could not exhibit the personality traits of other colours, it was more like the colour of their Prana was a reflection of their strongest qualities. A Radiant could be the bravest among us, but if he valued harmony above all, his Prana would be green in colour. Over time I found there was a fourth colour, one only I exhibited during moments of lucid clarity. Silver Prana denoted an unshakeable belief in the righteousness of my actions. Normally I exhibited a cyan blue energy much like Percival, Amara’s was gold and Lamorak’s prana was a deep-green colour. We established our base in a majestic land known as Avalon, a place once said to be the home of the immortal Sidhe. There we built magnificent towers made of white marble in the style of Camelot.

With every village we saved from the brink of destruction, righteous men and women answered our call to arms. Each successful campaign engendered more and more Radiants, allowing us to widen the scope of our mission. Eventually we graduated from protecting farming villages to supporting nations that were being invaded. We did this ceaselessly, as the nature of man was to wage war. Yesterday’s ally became tomorrow’s enemy. After protecting a kingdom from invasion, they would later declare war on another nation. We would assist the non-aggressors until the attacking force was repelled and the cycle would continue. The farming villages we had abandoned continued to be raided and plundered while we participated in this game of thrones. We continued this way for twelve years, moving from conflict to conflict, battlefield to battlefield, with no time to rest. Our numbers would dwindle to almost nothing and then be replenished by the next war. This would lead to a ever-growing number of battle-hardened but world-weary Radiants. On the twelfth year after the order’s founding, during the annual meeting, I was met with opposition from all sides. Many of the Radiants called our plight insanity and derided the order with names such as ‘defenders of the status quo’. They felt the world’s nations had exploited and debased us into nothing more than glorified weapons. They professed that they had grown weary of serving corrupt lords and claimed we would make better leaders. I firmly rejected this notion, citing that our oaths forbid us to become kings and queens. I warned them that we would succumb to corruption if we put ourselves in positions of leadership. In the face of my unwillingness to budge or compromise, almost all of them abandoned my order.

This faction would come to be known as 'the Fallen'. In time, all of my warnings would prove true as each and every one of them fell prey to corruption. An even smaller group confessed they had become disillusioned and apathetic to my cause. This faction would come to be known as 'the Divergents'. Many of them would go on to live hedonistically, without a care or thought for their fellow man. However unlike the Fallen they were not united in their vice. Among the Divergents were some of the most virtuous individuals I have ever known. A few individuals among the Divergents wielded a dull grey energy, a testament to their apathy to the world and everything in it. To say I was stunned by this sudden mass betrayal would be an understatement. However the worst was yet to come. At the end of the meeting, Amara revealed she was the one who incited the members of my order to rebel. It was the ultimate treachery and yet I couldn’t understand why she did it. I wondered if this is how Arthur felt when he was confronted by Mordred’s army. My sister left with the other defectors before I could press her for an explanation, teleporting to some far corner of the world where I would not find her. Looking at the faces that remained, I was hit by the reality of the situation. My once prosperous order had been reduced to a group of six people. All that remained were my fellow two knights, Percival and Lamorak, and three others: Roland, Siegfried and Richard Lionheart. I could not appreciate their unwavering loyalty at the time, for I was still reeling from my sister’s betrayal and the fracturing of my order. With my father missing and presumed dead, Amara was the only kin I had left. It seemed my whole family was destined to be plagued by tragedy. Despite all she had wrought, I could not bring myself to hate her due to a solemn vow I had sworn long ago.

I scoured the world in search of her, desperate to hear an explanation for her incomprehensible actions. It was not long before I heard tales of Fallen conquering kingdoms and Divergents slaughtering innocents. Worst of all were the rumours surrounding Amara. It was said she had embarked on a personal crusade to wipe out every member of my order. After verifying these claims, I learned she was targeting Divergents in particular. They tended to be solitary individuals and several of them were pacifists, rendering them the most vulnerable to a purge of this nature. It took an incredible amount of self-control to still the anger and fury that threatened to consume me in that moment. It was not enough for her that she had divided my order, Amara intended to destroy it. I no longer cared to hear whatever empty rationalizations she believed justified her actions; my sister had become synonymous to the evil I swore to destroy. My silver-coloured Prana flared like an inferno as these thoughts raced through my mind, streaming into the sky like a beacon of hope for those who hadn’t succumbed to Amara’s darkness. In light of this news, we decided to change our search methods which had proven themselves ineffective. Instead we would find the remaining Divergents and protect them while lying in wait for my sister. I assigned each of my Radiants a different person to watch over and we went our separate ways. For a while nothing happened but nearly a month later, Amara resurfaced at the site of Percival’s target. He appeared before me to notify me in person and we immediately warped ourselves back to the church where she was located. After placing a seal on my body, I climbed down from the rafters and instructed Percival to remain hidden. The seal would forcibly prevent any kind of space-time ninjutsu, meaning my sister could neither flee nor summon us to her Reality Marble.

Her surprise at seeing me was evident on her face but she did not flinch or attempt to escape. I could not help but confront her, some part of me still yearned to know the reason behind her betrayal. This was when I learned my sister was not in fact evil, she was simply amoral. Suddenly everything came into focus. Amara had been this way since we were children. Her indifference to our mother's death, her apathy towards the fall of Camelot, all of it was symptomatic of this underlying condition. I had grossly misjudged her character all this time, my sister was never fit to be a Radiant. If I never burdened her with such a thing, then perhaps she would have turned out differently. The detached, purely logical part of my mind told me she was destined to go down this path regardless. Both of us were surrounded by war and death our whole lives but the difference was, I had a moral compass to guide me. Amara was like a ship at sea that was caught in a never-ending storm. Though I had ventured here with the resolve to end her life, I knew now that I could not kill her. Not just because she was my sister, not just because I failed to notice her fatal flaw up until now, but because she had no concept of good or evil. I could not cast judgement on someone who didn't understand the difference between the two. Thankfully I had ventured here with a contingency in mind, just in case I wavered in my resolve. I had devised a special seal, one known as the Insignia of Duality. It was split into two parts, the seal of Light and the seal of Darkness. The wielder of one talisman could seal away the person who possessed the other. I relayed my intention to spare her life to Percival through a code we devised and then the battle began. It was a long and arduous fight, even though we fought her two against one. It was not that we were outmatched, we were simply hindered because we intended to capture rather than kill. This challenge was made harder by the fact she possessed a black flame that was seemingly immune to the effects of Prana.

Another curious thing I noticed was the colour of her Prana. Not only did it diverge from the hues I had noticed up until now, it was pitch-black, the very absence of colour. Glimpsing that abomination of prana left me with a deep sense of foreboding, I could only imagine what such an ominous sign meant. Eventually we managed to subdue her and I affixed the Seal of Darkness to her collarbone to trap her in a void-like world. I made one last modification to the talismans, so that I would never succumb to the temptation of releasing her. With the First of the Fallen sealed, she could no longer spread her corrupting influence. However it was not long after Amara’s defeat that I heard about Surgebinders who had become murderous despots. I was aghast to learn the comrades I once fought alongside had descended to such depths. It stung that much more knowing my sister was responsible for their defection and that I was to blame for not recognizing her condition. I had inducted each and every one of these people into my order, so I alone was responsible for how they used the abilities they had been given. It was my duty alone, I would not burden my fellow Radiants with the task of killing their former friends and allies. I would shoulder all of the guilt and all of the sin, only my hands would be stained by blood. When I informed them of my decision, all of them protested fiercely but after hours of deliberation, they reluctantly assented to my selfish request. They were truly the best of men and the greatest friends I ever had. And so, I embarked on a journey that would take me to the far reaches of the world. The first place I found was the fortress of Alamut, where King Hassan was said to reside in. The rumours claimed he had established an order of faceless men, a league of assassins. I stepped into his shrouded castle with no small amount of caution, for I knew there could be killers lurking in every shadow. I was on edge until I reached a grand chamber where Hassan was seated on a colossal, austere-looking throne.

There was no need for words, both of us knew that. Instead the masked king appeared before me, swinging his greatsword in an attempt to cleave me in two. I parried his strike and teleported behind him to strike at his neck. His armour blocked my blade and he lashed out with his leg to kick me towards the far wall. Before I could recover my senses, he dashed towards my fallen form in a sheer burst of speed that was highly deceptive for a man of his size. I summoned a suit of armour over my body to block his strike and we engaged in close combat once more. My fight with this king of assassins would be the second and only other time where I would witness prana energy that was purely black in colour. Yet again I was left disturbed by the possible interpretations of that foul, void-like energy. Our battle was a prolonged affair, and though it was no easy task, I emerged victorious. I felt a mixture of awe and fear at how powerful Hassan had become in such a short period of time. The same is true for the other Fallen I went on to defeat. Queen Semiramis and her flying fortress, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, remains the most majestic Noble Phantasm I have ever seen. Vlad, the Lord of Impalement, could call forth over twenty thousand stakes at will. It was terrifying to see how quickly these Surgebinders rose in power once they abandoned my cause. Was I holding them back or was there some other explanation for their meteoric rise? Perhaps the answer lay in the colour of their Prana. I was undeniably at my strongest when my energy was silver. Semiramis had violet coloured Prana while Vlad used a mix of red and black. It was possible once a Surgebinder channeled their true essence that they would be admitted to an altogether new level of power.

During my hunt, I encountered these hues more often and became privy to their possible meanings. Red reflected bloodlust, brutality, rage and fury. Purple could mean depravity, debauchery, avarice or malice. Black is nothingness, it is mystery, it is the void. In the beginning I managed to reassure myself that my actions were just; however each life I took chipped away at my resolve. I reached my breaking point after I was forced to slay the raving-mad Spartacus. He was not a Fallen, in fact he was the very antithesis of one. He had devoted himself to tearing down every ruler and king. He would singlehandedly storm the castles of peaceful nations and slaughter the entire royal family. He would do all of this in the name of “freedom”. I knew this to be genuine once I witnessed his dual-coloured prana with my own two eyes. The green exhibited his love of freedom and the red reflected the self-righteous fury he felt towards all rulers. Even though he fought for what he believed was right, I was forced to kill him just the same. He had murdered too many innocents and his sanity could never be salvaged. I would at least bring an end to his suffering. I stood over his still corpse, covered in the blood of my former comrade and howled at the top of my lungs. I had finally wiped out every errant Surgebinder and yet all I felt was emptiness and regret. Ever since that day, I lost access to my silver-coloured prana. I had lost faith in myself, in my order and everything I had built. In attempt to bring light to the world, I had only created an ocean of darkness.

I decided to withdraw the Radiants from the world and we returned to our original purpose. If we were powerless to change anything in the grand scheme of things, we would at least protect the people. Small farming towns received our aid once again and we decided to live among them. I refused to induct any further members into the fold, for I intended the order to die with me. My brothers-in-arms settled down and grew old. They took wives, entered into manual jobs and eventually had children of their own. Despite their constant urging, I chose not to do any of the above. I simply stayed in the town of Riversdale with them and witnessed their happiness from afar. I watched over them when they became sick and protected them when they became too frail to fight for themselves. All of them died peacefully and in their sleep and I was present for all of their deaths. The last to leave this world was Percival, my best friend. I remember all of their dying words but his were the most blunt and the most compelling. I sometimes wonder whether they had a pact, that the last to die would tell me what I really needed to hear. That would be just like them, faithful until the end.

"Arthur, Lancelot, Gawain…even Mordred, you carry the memories of them and countless others within you. As long as you live on, so does the rest of Camelot. If Arthur was born to be the perfect king, you were raised to be the perfect knight. Our King died fighting for his ideals. He fought to his last breath, even when it appeared the very universe was conspiring against him. I have faith you will do the same. However I fear you will try to do it alone. Ever since her betrayal you lost the ability to trust people, you stopped believing in the goodness of their hearts. You kept everyone at a distance and insisted on destroying the Fallen on your own. That hurt most of all. The fact that you pushed away those who stuck by you through everything. All of us forgave you for that so I hope you can forgive me for this selfish request. Promise me that you will never disband the Order. Promise me it will only end when you die and that you will struggle against death with every ounce of your strength."

"I promise."

"You are a man of your word, Galahad. You have never broken it and I don’t believe you’ll start today. To leave you with such a heavy burden, I’m truly sorry my friend."
Percival's death marked the end of an era. For the first time in my life, I felt truly alone. I had no family, no friends and no place to call home. I intended to keep my promise to Percival but I was not yet ready to train new members. I was also immortal, I had all the time in the world. I roamed the world aimlessly, drifted from place to place endlessly to find something to escape this solitude. More than a decade later I turned to god in an attempt to fill this void in my heart and that is when I met Joan. Kindness, Humility, Honesty, Purity, Faith — the Maid's heart carried only these things and nothing else. I visited her church everyday and she healed my ailing soul. Before I knew it, I had fallen in love and this left me feeling conflicted. It went starkly against the promise I made over the ashes of Camelot but I could not help the way I felt. It was a wondrous emotion but also one of longing. At the time I denied my love for her until I witnessed a certain thing. One day Joan inquired about my inability to age and I used it as an opportunity to show her the Throne. She marveled at prana and my Reality Marble, likening it to the ability to build a utopia. She said it was an expression of what was it in my soul and what I wanted the world to be like. Though she was a steadfast believer in God, she also believed in mankind's ability to construct a perfect world. Joan asked to visit my Reality Marble everyday and I could not help but assent to this humble request. Deep down I knew what would happen but I did not reveal this to her. Soon her body adjusted to the ambient energy present in the Throne and she became capable of manipulating prana.

What came next is quite possibly the most awe-inspiring thing I have ever witnessed, even greater than my first experience with the Grail. Joan's prana cloaked her body like a heavenly aura and was a magnificent white colour that exhibited the depth of their purity. I had lived my whole life in the pursuit of an ideal and there it stood before me in the form of the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I got down on one knee and professed my love for her in that moment, momentarily unmindful of my actions. She was taken aback by my sudden confession and all of my anxieties returned. Before I knew it, I was that child in dirty rags again, looking up expectantly at someone I desired acceptance from. And then she smiled and reciprocated my feelings with her own. It seemed my fears were unfounded and relief washed over me in refreshing waves. I later learned white prana denoted chastity, faith, altruism and sanctity of life. The colour of Joan's prana did not change, even when we were married and had four children. Though my wife named all of our children, she always chose the names of the people that were the closest to me. They were named in honour of my father, my mother, my mentor and my best friend. The time I spent with my family was undeniably the happiest of my centuries-long life. It was enough to heal my broken soul and return my silver-coloured prana, the symbol of my resolve. I could never achieve the brilliant white prana Joan possessed but my wife was always in a league of her own. She initially expressed concerned about raising family, not because she didn't want to but for my sake. My immortality meant I would be forced to watch her grow old and die, the same rang true for our offspring. I reassured her I would be capable to cope. How wrong I was.

When my youngest child passed away at the ripe age of eighty-two, I ventured out in the world once more. However this time I did not wander without purpose, I immediately returned to Avalon and refounded the Radiants. The purpose of this second generation would differ to that of the first. We would remain withdrawn from the world and train in secret, only venturing out to aid the people on a local level. We would defend small towns and avoid involving ourselves in large-scale conflicts. The age we lived in, this era of Warring States, was just the natural order. The conflict would not end until people themselves desired peace. The Radiants would only target soldiers who committed war crimes or overthrow rulers who were detrimental to their subjects. I would assess the character of those who wished to replace their predecessor and choose the candidate that would place the needs of their people above their own. It was for this reason I was given the moniker 'Kingmaker', though I personally find the title to be somewhat pretentious. This is how my order functioned for hundreds of years, even when the Five Great Nations were founded. However when news of a kingdom known as Kurogakure led by a man known as Berserker reached my ears, I decided it was time to finally act. This Black King had sworn to destroy all of the world's nations and plunge the world back into the era of Warring States. I could never let such an abhorrent regression come to pass and so I left Avalon in search of this tyrant. It was not long before I found the bastion of his power, a steel monstrosity that had taken the place of the Hidden Moon. A constellation of skyscrapers surrounded a colossal Tower from all sides, the place that undoubtedly acted as the base of his operations. I teleported towards the open window at the top of the tower and there I glimpsed a metallic figure seated atop an iron throne. The abyssal armour was a different colour to the one I knew but I recognized it's design immediately. The Black King was my father.

⚔Other | その他 ⚔⚔

Once a Surgebinder is initiated into the clan, their body essentially becomes an "open doorway" for the ethereal energy. This means that prana energy will constantly enter and exist within their chakra systems and any quantity of foreign chakra or energy inserted into their bodies will immediately be transported to the Throne before they can take effect. Chakra inserted into their bodies for the use of illusions will be absorbed before their induction time is complete, meaning the genjutsu never occurs. However this also means Surgebinders will be incapable of having a Curse Mark or using Sage Mode. It will also become impossible for others to heal them through medical Ninjutsu or transfer chakra to them. If an ally or opponent tries to absorb the chakra of a Surgebinder into their own body, they will instead absorb this ambient Prana energy and be frozen internally. Galahad's soul has been fused with the Grail, which acts to maintain his body and prevent him from aging.

Words of Radiance

(Jūinjutsu: Kishō Meian) – Cursed Seal: Insignia of Duality

Type: Supplementary

Range: N/A

Chakra: N/A (+10 chakra cost to applied techniques)

Description: The Insignia of Duality is a potent dual talisman-based Cursed Seal first utilized by Galahad to seal his sister Amara over concerns of her corruption and power. The Insignia is a unique seal in its nature, but simple and common place in its application and mechanics. Much like the generic Sealing Tag the Insignia of Duality is utilized by an individual who wishes to seal another living being. However, unlike the Sealing Tag, this technique requires two talismans: one which bears the user’s chakra to initiate the seal, and the other which bears the sealed individual; the Light and Darkness of Duality. The seal’s basic mechanics are simple: the Light talisman requires the user’s chakra to initiate the Dark talisman to seal its victim. Through contact with the opposing seal the bearer is capable of sealing away the opposite, as such Light can seal Dark, and Dark can seal Light. This direct physical contact requires the wielder to bear the opposite talisman on their person while also maintaining physical contact for over two turns. After two turns the bearer of the opposite talisman will be instantly sealed within it. Like many seals those who are sealed away become exempt from the physical world entering a form of stasis preventing their bodies from aging. Unique to the Insignia of Duality the only one incapable of unsealing the individual within their respective talisman is the bearer of the opposite. As such, anyone who is not the bearer of Light or Dark can unseal the victim simply by making contact with the seal and expending 30 chakra. Additionally, unique to the Insignia of Duality, is its ability to detect the emotional state of the opposing talisman. It has been frequently shown that techniques and chakra can contain the emotions and consciousness of the user. And because Sealing Techniques have been noted to be able to seal metaphysical aspects of reality as well as convey communication through techniques such as Scroll Communication the talismans become able to sense the emotional state of its wielder. As such each talisman can sense its opposite; Light and Darkness become able to feel the anger, sadness, fear, doubt, and other emotions of the other. This does not convey locational sensory or any other form of chakra sensory. simply the cosmetic ability of sensing the emotional state of the opposite. Because of the Insignia’s unique design it can only be taught and bestowed upon pairs of individuals, effectively connecting their biographies – one which bears the Light, and one which bears the Dark. As such, this technique can only be taught to one other person.

Each talisman also possesses certain unique capabilities as well, offered to both bearers regardless if they are sealed or unsealed. The chakra which forged these talismans is capable of being passively released into the user’s techniques, much like the leaking of the Cursed Seal of Heaven and Earth’s ability to influence the user’s techniques. This is reflected through a limited and passive form of the transformation technique applied upon the user’s techniques causing them to change coloration at the user’s will. While coloration can be influenced, and is purely cosmetic, techniques cannot become invisible, transparent, or translucent, through this technique. Although their color scheme can be altered to fit any color within the visible light spectrum, as well as cause the complete lack and removal of light to create absolute darkness. This requires the user expend 10 additional chakra.
(Fūinjutsu: Maiyā no Bando) — Sealing Arts: Mayer's Band

Type: Defensive/Supplementary

Chakra Cost: (equivalent to the amount of opposing tech)

Description: This seal, Mayer's Band, was created by an Uzumaki prior to their village's destruction. The jutsu's purpose revolves around the ability to identify and seal foreign energy produced by the user's enemies. The seal itself is placed onto a wrist band and it is a kanji line shaped like a pentagon with open circles placed at every point of the shape. When foreign energy enters short range of the user, the circles on the wristband emit a bright colorful light signifying to the user that an energy different from the energies known to them has broken their perimeter. The sealing band cannot inform the user about the type of energy being used, but it can and does tell the difference between the various energies it comes across, and thus repeats the same color glows corresponding with that energy when met again. Once the energy is close enough the seal will release a special energy absorbing barrier around the user protecting them for that one attack before sealing the foreign energy into the wristband protecting the user. The jutsu is quite helpful for shinobi who don't have any energy sensing abilities, and its sealing effect only lasts a limited time. After sealing its maximum amount of energy the band will only work as an energy identifier for the user, but it will no longer be able to seal energy.

NOTES

►Activates 3x per battle

►Has a one turn cool down

►When a S-Rank technique is sealed, no fuuin in the following turn, and then no fuuin above A in the next

►Seal must be placed in biography

►Can only be taught by ZandaT
(Fūinjutsu: Jō Kōken) – Sealing Technique: Imperial Guardian

Type: Defensive

Chakra Cost: 30

Damage Points: N/A

Description: This technique is composed of a sealing formula that remains active until triggered, this sealing formula bears the Kanji letter of "ガ" or in literal meaning "guard" which is located on the user's upper arm. This sealing formula erects an invisible barrier that's made around the user at all times but does not actually cost the user a move until it activates, the barrier works by detecting the chakra of a fast incoming technique and deflects it, causing it to dissipate and leave the user unharmed, the barrier's deflection ability is only triggered by a fast moving technique, basically a technique that can't be tracked by normal eye sight and requires at least a Sharingan or similar means to track, the barrier that's around the user detects the speed once the technique collides with the chakra released from the barrier that's around the user and the sealing formula glows suddenly, causing the barrier that surrounds the user to repel the incoming technique within short range of the user.

Note: Can only be trigger twice per battle.

Note: Can guard against up to an S-rank technique.

Note: The user can use it twice counting as two moves per turn and using +30 chakra with each usage to guard against a forbidden ranked technique, this can only be used once.

Note: No Fūinjutsu techniques in the same turn.
(Fuuin: Bachi no Fukyuu) - Sealing Technique: Bane of the Immortal

Type: Defensive/Supplementary

Chakra: 30 (-10 chakra per turn)

Description: The user will have a seal on their body with the Kanji for "Eternal". The seal lies dormant and is passively activated whenever the opponent tries to seal or drain the user's chakra and/or abilities. The seal will instantly release an intangible barrier that surrounds the user's body like an armour. Any abilities which act externally such as the canon techniques Multiple Infinite Embraces or Living Barrier will be unable to affect anything inside the barrier, namely the user's body. Seals which act internally will first have their chakra be absorbed by the barrier (happens instantly and so before they can come into effect) and once erected, the barrier will prevent any further insertion of chakra while active. The seal is self-sustaining and will involuntary leech chakra from the user's body. This is for the express purpose of maintaining this technique even when the user can't use or mold chakra. This is possible as the chakra still exists within the user as it is equivalent of their very life-force. This can counter S-Rank and below sealing techniques. This cannot be activated manually and will only ever activate under the aforementioned conditions. It lasts for four turns or until the ability attempting to seal or drain the user's chakra or abilities is no longer active, whichever is longer.

Note: Can only activate a maximum of thrice per battle
(Fuuin: Kanbatsu Jakunen Metsubou) - Sealing Technique: Law of the Logia

Type: Supplementary/Defensive

Chakra cost: N/A (-30 on activation)

Damage points: N/A

Description: The user will have a seal on their body with the Kanji for a specific element and it will lay dormant until the user is physically struck, be it by an attack, weapon or an opponent. Whenever the user is physically interacted with (e.g. punched, stabbed, shot), their body will instantly exhibit all of the properties of the chosen element. This doesn't mean their body merely has the properties of the element but rather when interacted with the targeted part(s) of the body will passively dissipate into storm energy or harden into steel (effect depends on the chosen element). If for example the user is stabbed and they turn into storm energy, the bladed weapon would merely phase through their energy-composed body and leave them unaffected. On the other side of the scale, if the user's body hardens into steel then the attack will simply do them no harm. After the attack or strike has passed through them, their body will automatically revert itself to it's normal appearance. Since this technique usually only applies to specific parts of the body, any unconverted portions of the user's body can still be moved/controlled/used as normal. While in this form, the user can only use the element they transformed into, the element's it's composed of and any combination of the aforementioned element as well as any non-elemental abilities. This technique enables the user to defend against A-Ranks and below of neutral elements (B-Ranks and below for weaknesses, S-Ranks and below for strengths). If the user is struck with an attack that will neutralize their transformation, the two cancel one another out and the user reverts to their original form unharmed. If the user is struck with an attack that overpowers their transformation, the user's body reverts to it's original form and sustains the remaining damage (after the collision of techniques). The only exception to this rule is if the two chosen elements have no sort of interaction with one another (e.g. Fire and Lightning), in which case rank differences will not matter. Regardless of how the user is hit, this can be a full body or partial transformation (depends on the user’s choice). Should they be struck by a physical attack capable of cancelling out their transformation (e.g. a sword streaming nagashi), the sword will remain inside them on reversion and they’ll be impaled by the blade.

Notes:

-Can only be taught by Detective L.

-This seal can only activate twice per battle and lasts one turn

-This technique must be stated in user's biography

-Follows elemental strengths and weaknesses

-User must possess the given element and it cannot be a CE

-Happens passively but counts as one of the user's moves per turn
(Ototon/Fuuinjutsu: Kodoku no Boumei) - Sound/Sealing Technique: Solitude of the Exile

Type: Defensive

Range: N/A

Chakra cost: N/A (-40 on each activation)

Damage points: N/A

Description: The user will have two seals on their body with the Kanji for "Solitude" infused with their sound chakra. The seals are located inside the ear canal (must be stated in the user's biography) and will activate automatically upon any chakra infused sound (not just the element) or technique entering the user's ear. The seal will then emit a sound wave with an amplitude opposite that of the invasive technique so that destructive interference occurs and the two cancel each other out. The seals will maintain the frequency for as long as the sound is being heard/transmitted by the opponent, allowing this jutsu to counter not only momentary techniques but those which are sustained or prolonged. This technique's use lies only in preventing chakra-infused sounds being heard and as such it's use is largely limited to countering Sound Genjutsu and similar abilities. The activation of this technique is instant (but still counts as a move) so it can intercept and cancel sound-based techniques before they're heard. As such, the user is free to perform techniques in the same time-frame (even if the seals are still actively transmitting to cancel a sustained frequency). These seals cancel chakra-infused sounds before they can affect the body by stopping them as they pass through the ear canal and so it essentially prevents illusions from taking effect. This means seals which activate upon foreign chakra entering the user's body will not be triggered. This technique can only counter one technique at a time and only one technique per use (counters up to and including S-Ranks).

Notes:

-Can only be taught by Detective L

-Usable twice per battle

-No S-Rank or above Fuuin or Sound in the user's same and next turn

-The seal itself is A-Ranked
Through his training with Merlin, Galahad mastered the Wind element to the extent he could use every fuuton technique that required handseals with a single handseal. His command of Water Release is of a similar caliber, allowing him to use all suiton techniques which require handseals with faster handseals. It was also none other than the "Magician" who taught him how to use wards and sigils. When he was still an esteemed Knight of the Round Table, Arthur allowed him to sign the legendary Griffin contract. He was gifted with a special tattoo located just below the underside of his right wrist, making summoning the creatures easier to accomplish in battle. Sometime when during his travels, Galahad found the homeland of the legendary Hydras. After undergoing several intensive trials, he was allowed to sign the contract. He is capable of summoning them at any time, for travel or use in battle. He was given a summoning tattoo on the underside of his left wrist for the same purpose as the other he possessed.

(Katai Omori) - Leg Weights

Type: Weapon/Supplementary

Description:

The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinetely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.
Saber has an assortment of seals across his body to fortify his defenses. The tattoos protect threats from sound-based illusions to foreign energies. He has a silver wrist band that he wears on his right forearm over his armour and a seal on his upper arm with the Kanji for "Guard" for use with Imperial. Twin seals with the Kanji for "Solitude" are located in each of his ears. He has a seal with the Kanji for "Eternal" on his chest and one for "Wind" on his back for use with Logia. He also carries a talisman called the Seal of Light on his person. All of his seals are infused with doton chakra to reinforce them and make them sturdier (via Scripture of the Templars). He also carries a whole multitude of weapons. Within the interior of his cloak he carries: shuriken, explosive kunai, explosive tags, flash and smoke bombs, ninja wire, and all the other items essential for a ninja. He also carries a silver long-sword in a sheathe strapped to his left hip, which is worn over his armour.

⚔Pictures | ルックス⚔

⚔Theme Music | ミュージック⚔
[video=youtube;c6TC-w9om5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6TC-w9om5U[/video]
⚔Battle Section | バトルの記録⚔
W O N

None

L O S T

None

Updating Galahad

Approved by Imperfect.

Last edited by a moderator: