Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Khulna (150)

This post contains a C rank storyboard mission called: Help an acquaintance by dealing with a monster

As the fishing crew together with Barney left to Gaikotsu Bay, he realized why they were in a hurry. There was a very dark patch on the sky in the distance. But, why even go out to the sea if there was a storm coming? Barney's heart sunk into his feet. Suddenly, he wasn't so sure about all this. For the second time now. There were multiple red flags along the way and Barney managed to not notice and ignore all of them. Was he so blinded by his wish of being on the sea? By facing a water creature? The thought of it pulled his heart back into its place and it started pushing his blood faster, pumping his body with adrenaline. Fella? You feeling alright? Oh, yeah, I'm feeling great. For a moment I thought you might have sea sickness. You seemed out of it. Nah, I'm splendid. Don't worry. However, why exactly are we going towards the storm? Barney showed with his finger towards the unpleasant sight as it was getting closer and closer. Oh, right. Well, the add was about that actually. Barney's face turned blue and froze for a second. These guys have got to be mad. They must've lost their minds. They want to die? Barney did love being on the sea, but finding himself in the middle of a massive storm was something completely different. Even he wasn't delighted at that idea. Well, the storm you see is actually created by that creature and we need your help to capture it. What kind of creature are we talking about here? It's the ruler of the seahorses, Kingdra. We've only had the chance to see it once but we've heard many stories of it destroying fishing and other smaller boats. You guys are mad. How exactly do you expect to capture such a creature? We were hoping you would be able to tell us. Ha... Great. What did I get myself into, murmured Barney quietly into his own beard.

As they kept getting closer, the storm was closing in on them as well, however, it wasn't uncontrolled. It seemed to be quite controlled but violent nonetheless. As they entered the heart of the storm, the waves were rocking the boat vigorously and at moments, Barney felt a weird feeling. As the boat was rocking, Barney grabbed the railing with both hands and held as tight as he could. This is mad. This is mad, he kept repeating to himself. THERE IT IS! Everyone rushed to the other side of the boat to see the creature, mind you, the fisherman weren't phased at all by the rocking of the boat and managed to run across the deck without any trouble, unlike Barney. When he finally got to the other side, he saw the creature as it was swimming and jumping out of the water with its tail slapping the surface of the water like a whale. It wasn't as big as Barney first imagined, but it was majestic. Kingdra was a large seahorse with a tightly curled tail. It was covered in blue scales except for its yellow, compact belly scales. There were thin spines with a single branch atop its head and thin, white fins under its cheeks. It was love at first sight. This monstrous majestic creature was a sight for sore eyes. Wow. As he left his voice out, Kingdra stopped squirming in the water and calmed down, with its head protruding from the water, looking directly at Barney. It saw Barney's amazement and it recognized the love in his eyes and his voice. King Dragy! Barney enunciated and Kingdra plunged into the water and jumped out like a dolphin. The fishing crew was left in awe, speechless, looking at Barney's moment with Kingdra. They were thinking what was going on? Is this the same creature? How come it's not attacking the ship and creating massive waves anymore trying to tip the boat over and sink it, like it did in the stories. Nothing made sense. And neither did Barney's actions that followed. As Kingdra came out of the water once again, Barney wanted to touch the seahorse so badly but there was no way to reach it. He felt that he had to use the surrounding water somehow but he was unsure how. He started molding his chakra with the overwhelming thoughts of water flowing throughout his body and he could feel the water natured chakra forming. He raised his hands in front of him, pointing at the sea, towards Kingdra and made a small wave of his own. As the wave traveled, Kingdra plunged into the water once again and timed its jump with the wave to jump higher than before, emerging fully from the water and in all its majesty. It was a sight unseen ever before. New stories would have to be told and the old ones rewritten because of what happened here today. Barney's hands were trembling and he couldn't believe how strong his connection was with the creature for some unexplained reason. Go home, King Dragy. I'll see you soon! Kingdra used its tail to wave at Barney and it plunged back into the water, releasing the surroundings from the storm. Within moments, the skies cleared up and the sun shone through the clouds. Barney turned around to the crew and they all started clapping simultaneously. Whatever this was, I want more of it! It was like a romantic scene from a movie. Nobody will believe me when I tell them what happened! Barney was incredibly proud at himself and he realized that he could manipulate the water and bend it to his will, as well as making a new friend. A monster of the seas.
(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.
Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.
Kingdra, exclusively for reference.

Type: Supplementary
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: Kingdra, also known as King Dragy, is the boss summon of the seahorse contract for apparent reasons. Other than the majestic and distinguishing looks, it has a completely unique abilitiy. Kingdra is the biggest of the seahorses, their protector and so called ruler of the seven seas. Kingdra is a large seahorse with a tightly curled tail. It is covered in blue scales except for its yellow, compact belly scales. There are thin spines with a single branch atop its head and thin, white fins under its cheeks. Its thin snout is powerful and it is the center of its chakra system. Using its snout, Kingdra is able to mold and shape manipulate its chakra in order to aid the user in battle. Its long and elongated snout is also capable of producing loud and painful clicks which are usually used for communication. Two-pronged fins extend slightly past its cheeks. On its back are two white fins supported by thin, blue spines similar to the ones on its head. A great leader is said to be able to boost the morale of its army, thus why Kingdra is the boss summon. With its look and battle prowess it has proven itself to be a worthy leader of the Seahorse contract and an amazing companion to the Seahorse contractors. Upon summoning Kingdra, both the user and the opponent can sense its ominous presence. To the user, Kingdra's presence is a great morale boost as well as an ability boost. Kingdra has the unique ability to boost the users usage of the water element, but unlike any other generic boost. When in play, Kingdra helps the user by molding its own chakra and adding it to the users attacks. Effectively, this halves the users chakra usage and allows him for more precise and compact techniques. Following the damage and chakra scaling, the user would use only half of the required chakra while retaining the same damage value. Simplified, it is two users molding their chakra together in order to create a combo of the same technique. Regarding limitations, Kingdra has a chakra pool of 500 and it spans over a course of 3 turns while Kingdra is in action. Kingdra doesn't have the ability to use normal water techniques on its own, with the only exception being the technique that the user himself is performing at that very moment. However, all the regular Seahorse Arts are free to use for every summon within the contract and the same goes for Kingdra. Ancient mythology and various stories that are passed down from knee to knee say that the yawn of the sleeping Kingdra is powerful enough to create undercurrents capable of destroying small ships. It's also said that once Kingdra decides to emerge from the depths of the ocean, with its brute strength, it can create large whirlpools and sea-born tornadoes on the surface. Because of its immense power, Kingdra often hibernates deep in uninhabited areas of the sea to rest and build up its energy. When a storm arrives, Kingdra is said to awaken and wander about in search of prey. Stories like these aren't yet proven and they are mostly told by sailors who cross the deepest oceans but they clearly depict how much respect Kingdra has.
Note: Must have signed the Seahorse contract and have its tattoo
Note: Can use the boosting ability 1 time per turn
Note: Boosting ability doesn't increase damage in any way
Note: Boosting ability counts as one of the users 3 techniques per turn
Note: Can stay on the field for 3 turns
Note: Can only be summoned once
You must be registered for see images
The crew realized that obviously there was no capturing to be had this time, but they were content with the fact that the creature went back to its habitat, into the depths of the water and that the seas finally came to a stall. It meant that other fish could finally return and that the fisherman finally had hope to capture some fish. With happy smiles on all of their faces, they made their way back to the docks in Khulna in order to offload Barney and to pay him for his services.

Mission end.
Traveling towards Khulna (150)​

Chakra: 270+5% regen-10=275​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Khulna (150)

This post contains a B rank storyboard mission:
¬ Seek out a friendly creature
¬ Survive the encounter
¬ Find out the truth about a past event

Using his underwater motion technique Barney continued traveling through Gaikotsu Bay, heading towards the part of the sea where he last saw Kingdra. He was hoping that he would see the seahorse again because it was calling to him. He recalled that it said, find me in the depths. Hm, Barney wasn't quite sure, but he plunged further downwards anyway. It was getting darker and darker as the sunlight wasn't able to penetrate the water. The pressure started rising as well, pushing onto Barney's drums and he had to equalize the pressure with every few meters he got deeper. He kept talking to Kingdra in his head, expecting some response but there was nothing. I'm here, but where are you? Soon, he wasn't able to go any further without considerable pain from the pressure. He stopped at that depth and looked around.
Suddenly, a stream of bubbles attacked Barney from the depth and he maneuvered just enough to dodge them. Something redirected the bubbles and kept shooting them as Barney kept running away, avoiding them. While propelling himself forwards and swerving in all directions, he would throw a glance backwards and saw a massive seahorse rushing behind him. But it wasn't Kingdra. It was a fairly strong looking seahorse. It was barely above the average size of a human and with a majestic, almost godlike appearance. It was an orange seahorse with various discolorations along its body. Its scales were clearly visible and distinguishable and its belly was much darker than the rest of its body. The majestic and godlike appearance was caused by the big and gentle eyes and the very complex and differently shaped fins along its back. It seemed very angry. As if Barney was trespassing on its property. No matter how much Barney avoided the bubbles, it kept chasing. Panic started taking over Barney and from it, he started losing focus of his propelling technique. He had to swim up to the surface to take some air and avoid suffocation. He kept screaming ih his head, stop, help, Kingdra!
He emerged the surface and took a deep breath and the seahorse followed suit. It jumped out of the water like a dolphin and plunged back into the water. Barney was speechless. He channeled chakra into his feet and managed to stand up to walk on the water, but it didn't last long.
(Suimen Hokō no Gyō) - Water Surface Walking Practice
Type: Supplementary​
Range: Short​
Chakra: 5​
Damage: N/A​
Description: This training method is used to gain better chakra control. To do this, the user has to be emitting a constant stream of chakra from the bottom of the their feet and using the repellent force to walk across the water's surface. This technique is more difficult to master than the Tree Climbing Practice, because the amount of chakra that needs to be emitted changes constantly. This technique becomes second nature to shinobi with more practices.​
From the depths of the water, a massive bubble emerged and enveloped Barney lifting him off the surface of the water, several meters in height. He stood there banging on the bubble with his fists but it wouldn't break. Underneath, the seahorse emerged and looked at Barney, as if it was judging him. Hey what do you want? Let me out! What do YOU want? Why are you here? I was looking for Kingdra. Pffft, Kingdra, of course. Not around obviously. AEOLUS!!! Their conversation was broken by a charging seahorse. It was Kingdra, rushing towards Barney and Aeolus. Leave him alone! No, he's mine, go away Kingdra. Aeolus, I'm warning you. Bite me. The two seahorses charged at each other, kicking, biting, squeezing with their tails. Their fight ensued as they quickly foamed the surface and Barney couldn't see them anymore. A short while after, bubbles emerged and from the water, Kingdra emerged. It shot a stream of water from its snout and it broke the bubble, letting gravity take over Barney once again. He fell onto the surface but was able to stand on it. Human. What are you doing here? I came to look for you. You were calling for me. Me? How? I heard you in my mind. You must be going crazy. But now that you're here, what do you want? Well, I love sea creatures and when I saw you the other day, I felt a connection. The tattoo on his shoulder blade started itching and burning him. He wanted to get acquainted and sign the seahorses as his summon. That's because we have signed a contract with you, dumbass. We're your summoning animal. WHAT? Why did Aeolus attack me then? He's just like that. He wouldn't really hurt you. We can't. But how? I don't recall ever signing any contracts. You don't? Well, it was a long time ago, you probably forgot. That must be it. Barney figured it was somewhere in his memory but he never bothered to go through it after getting it unlocked by Alucard. So, he had a summoning animal, how awesome. So I can summon you in battle? Well, you could if you weren't so weak. **** you. Oh shut up, you couldn't even break the bubble that Aeolus trapped you with. That was right. But he didn't even try nor get the chance. Still, Kingdra was right. Barney was still trying to get more powerful and he had a ways to go. Well then, I think I've got what I came for. Is Aeolus alright? Yeah, he'll be fine. By the way, are there more of you? Yep, there's a few of us. When can I meet them? Not yet, get stronger, human. Not much needed to be said. Barney knew what he had to do so he ran across the surface of the water until he got back to the docks in Khulna.

Aeolus for reference.
♞ Shīhōsu Kuchiyose no Jutsu: Aiorosu | Seahorse Summoning Technique: Aeolus
Type: Supplementary
Chakra: 40
Damage: N/A
Description: Aeolus is the personification of wind. The wind master and creator of disaster. Although appearing to be calm in nature, Aeolus is very explosive in nature and can become very angry. This is usually the state when his powers are pushed to the maximum and when he can utilize them in the best possible way. Aeolus is a fairly strong looking seahorse. It's barely above the average size of a human and with a majestic, almost godlike appearance. It is an orange seahorse with various discolorations along its body. Its scales are clearly visible and distinguishable and its belly is much darker than the rest of its body. The majestic and godlike appearance is caused by the big and gentle eyes and the very complex and differently shaped fins along its back. Being the best wind user amongst the seahorses, Aeolus uses its snout to create bubbles and air pockets within its own water source. After creating the bubble/s, Aeolus has two choices. It can either rapidly expel a massive amount of smaller bubbles that hinder the opponents vision and help the user prepare a covert attack or expel a big bubble that can be used to trap the opponent within it and contain his techniques. When used in rapid succession the bubbles don't pose a physical threat to the opponent purely by themselves but mainly serve as a distraction. The strength of the ability altogether is A rank and depending on the amount of bubbles, their individual strength is divided (ranked for defensive scaling purposes). The other way of using the bubble is trapping the opponent, but it is a slower technique because it needs to travel to the opponent first. Aeolus infuses every bubble with chakra to make sure that he can control their path and make sure they reach their targets and not simply drift off under the influence of the wind currents. Once the bubble reaches its target it wraps around the opponent and instead of popping, due to the chakra coating, it maintains its form making it seem as if the opponent passed through one side of the bubble. Once in there, the opponent has to comply with the strengths and weaknesses of the water element in order to destroy the bubble and free himself. The bubble doesn't physically constrain the opponent but it prevents him from escaping from within the bubble before destroying it and one of the main purposes for the bubble is helping the user to further manipulate the bubble as a regular water source.
Note: Must have signed the Seahorse contract and have its tattoo
Note: Bubbles can only be used twice per battle with a 2 turn cooldown
Note: Aeolus can stay on the field for 4 turns
Note: Can only be summoned once
Mission end.
Traveling towards Khulna (150)​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Dainashi (175)
Barney's mission was done. For now. He managed to talk with Alucard about the Children of Tiamat and in addition to the knowledge, acquire some form of a different kind of chakra, star chakra. His body was still getting accustomed to it, but that didn't stop him from pursing his goal further. Next on the list was consolidating his thoughts and making a plan, as is seemed like it was an incredibly dangerous path that he has set himself on. As he left Dainashi, Barney decided to take a detour and instead of Yume, first stop in Khulna. The roast he prepared for Alucard was wasted and he was hungry.

Traveling towards Khulna (150)

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Aisu Bay (254)

There was hardly any better feeling than being surrounded with nothingness. Everywhere Barney looked, it was endless blue. I guess you can say it wasn't really nothingness. It was water actually, and it was soothing. The stillness of it, the silence and the calm were perfect for Barney to relax and compose his thoughts. To be honest, it was always an internal battle within him, ice or water. He loved the coldness of ice and the feeling when it stings your face but more than that, he loved the water and its already mentioned characteristics. If he ever had to chose something to get rid of in stead of the other, he would face a tough decision but ultimately choose against ice. Water was where it's at. It was what laid deep embedded in his heart.

Traveling towards Sylhet (148)​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Sylhet (148)
Battling his inner turmoil while crossing the beautiful bay of Gaikotsu, surrounded by all the water calmed Barney down. He dropped the chakra focus from his feet and plunged into the water, diving into it. He let his body float for as long as he could hold his breath and resurfaced once his lungs started asphyxiating. The feeling of being at the brink of death was very powerful and it helped him clear his mind, erasing all the intrinsic thoughts and focusing on the now and what was in front of him; a massive sea of water. This was the beginning and the end of it all, he thought as Tiamat entered his mind once again. "I wish there was something I could do, my lady. Soon, I'll come out to seek you." he said under his breath as he swam towards Yume.

Traveling towards Yume Island (174)​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Khulna (150)

Barney would follow the fleet of ships and it seemed like they were definitely going to the edge of the lightning mountains. He would continue, following suit.

Traveling towards Dainashi (175)​

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from Dainashi (175)

Barney and Captain Panthalassa made their way sailing across the Gaikotsu Bay towards Yume Island. Barney stood on the edge of the boat pointing towards the direction of Yume. It was his home so he knew where it was even with his eyes closed. Then he sat down and said, "now lead the way Captain, aye aye!"

Traveling towards Yume Island (174)​