Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I'm hype as shit right now. Damn near jumped out of bed this morning when I read the new manga chapter and saw my man Gai show up with the most deluxe of entrances. But anywho:

Is Gai really faster then Kamui?

You must be registered for see images

This manga chapter pretty much confirmed that Gai is faster then Kamui. We already know, or should know, that Gai has by far the fastest striking speed in the manga. I mean, who else is able to create fire out of friction in the air by sheer speed of his punches/kicks. Who else is able to create a giant monster made out of air pressure capable of swallowing Madaras susano'o from the speed of his punch? Anyone...? Thought as much u_u

His movements/striking is faster then Kamui, which was confirmed by this chapter. Madara said himself that his attacks are faster then [One-Eyed] Kamui;

Even WITH the double Kamui, which makes Kamui's warping speed 2x faster, Madaras omnyodon was within point blank range of impacting Kakashi

And yet gated Gai was still able to intercept and outspeed what the Kamui couldn't do [ ]

So does this feat alone re-open the notorious Kakashi Vs Gai debate? As they were originaly portrayed as equals.

Reactions: Hyuga Prodigy

RikudouMadara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree...I was just thinking this. If not faster equal to Kamui x2. I say slightly faster though....if not faster nao in the 8th for sure without any doubts in my mind. I agree though.....

paratise

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
İnb4 Bogard.

Anyway kamui is not impossible to avoid, intercept or counter. I think it is quite plausable that Gai can counter it with his high reaction timing and speed.

Braveknight

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what if he jumped before the attack reaching kakashi, so when the ball was close to kakashi, gai was also near the ball...you know use some logic =P

Forbidden Technique

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
İnb4 Bogard.

Anyway kamui is not impossible to avoid, intercept or counter. I think it is quite plausable that Gai can counter it with his high reaction timing and speed.
Well, he quite clearly just outspeed the capabilites of a single eyed Kamui. This feat coupled with his unsurpassed striking speed pretty much makes it very feasible that he can successfully counter it.

He is . Gai Sensei about to solo madara

edit: that gif was so cool tho
< < << < ava
Yo I call dibs on this one!

what if he jumped before the attack reaching kakashi, so when the ball was close to kakashi, gai was also near the ball...you know use some logic =P
It doesn't really matter, if we take how fast Madaras omydan has to be traveling to outspeed Kamui in the first place; and for Gai to still come out of nowhere and intercept it when it was literally in Kakashi's face is quite the impressive feat.

Last edited:

Oblivionx

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not really sure as someone else said already that he wasn't able to hit obito but he sure is fast... But may be not as fast as people are thinking...

Ahmed1993

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito used Kamui on himself and Kakashi used Kamui on Obito at the same time , so the speed of Kamui become X2 faster , so how in the hell can you say that Gai was faster than Kamui when it was used only on Obito not Kakashi ?