Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i noticed that some NB'ers think that gaara cant block amaterasu, but he can
amaterasu doesnt just appear on the target, it travels and hits whatever is in the user's line of sight

if gaara can block a kick from a raiton armor raikage, im almost 100% sure he can block an amaterasu,
what are your thoughts on this? :confused::scorps:

Q of the Sharingan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ama appears wherever the user is looking then keeps appearing where the user is focusing. That is why you see a "stream" of Ama following Sasuke, not a ball of fire following him. Ama is instant once cast but it goes to where the eye is focused. That is why Sasuke missed Ay. Ay moved so fast that Sasuke lost focus on him and his eye refocused on the samurai behind him.

And Gaara has already blocked Ama. The tell tale sign of Sasuke casting Ama is his eye bleeding and, most of the time, closing his eye before he casts it. Gaara just simply covered himself with sand when he saw Sasuke do this at the 5 kage summit.

Reactions: Necron

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ama appears wherever the user is looking then keeps appearing where the user is focusing. That is why you see a "stream" of Ama following Sasuke, not a ball of fire following him. Ama is instant once cast but it goes to where the eye is focused. That is why Sasuke missed Ay. Ay moved so fast that Sasuke lost focus on him and his eye refocused on the samurai behind him.

And Gaara has already blocked Ama. The tell tale sign of Sasuke casting Ama is his eye bleeding and, most of the time, closing his eye before he casts it. Gaara just simply covered himself with sand when he saw Sasuke do this at the 5 kage summit.
i agree, but some people think that gaara blocked an enton, not an amaterasu
i made this thread to try and convince these people that amaterasu doesnt just appear on the target it actually travels towards the target or line of sight:ice:

Champ

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke threw the flames from his Susano'o Rib Cage at Gaara. Sasuke said you block my Enton not Amaterasu. Then look in the background at Sasuke you see the flames above his head that is what he threw at Gaara.
You must be registered for see images

A closer up view on Sasuke you clearly seen the enton above his head, that is what he threw at Gaara not Amaterasu from his eye.

Reactions: Icelerate

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Amaterasu does not "travel". The user focuses his chakra on a location and sets Amaterasu on it. This is usually done on a person. However, if the person can move from that location, they can dodge it.

For example, if Sasuke tries to set it on Naruto's arm and he dodges, the fire will appear in the location his arm WAS in.

In the Itachi pic, he tried to set on Sasuke. Sasuke managed to move and Itachi spread it.

With the pic of Amaterasu hitting the trees, that is not Itachi's doing. Amaterasu is still fire, so it naturally spreads, which is what you are seeing there.

With A, Sasuke tried to set it on chest. A dodged. If he didnt, Amatersu wouldve appeared on his chest, not traveled.

Also, check this vids below. It shows that Amaterasu does not travel, but its set on its target.

Now for Gaara. Gaara cannot block Amaterasu when its set on his body. However, he can block it if Sasuke throws it with Enton./Thread.

Awkward Linguist

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i noticed that some NB'ers think that gaara cant block amaterasu, but he can
amaterasu doesnt just appear on the target, it travels and hits whatever is in the user's line of sight

if gaara can block a kick from a raiton armor raikage, im almost 100% sure he can block an amaterasu,
what are your thoughts on this? :confused::scorps:
Thanks for pointing that out even though most ppl know that.

Q of the Sharingan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i agree, but some people think that gaara blocked an enton, not an amaterasu
i made this thread to try and convince these people that amaterasu doesnt just appear on the target it actually travels towards the target or line of sight:ice:
It does just appear. It doesn't travel unless it is manipulated with enton. It appears wherever the users eye is focused. If Gaara's sand is covering him then Ama will hit his sand because Sasuke can't see Gaara.

Necron

Legendary
Kin
116💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Good job, I wouldn't explain it better myself! :) +rep

itachi's amaterasu was traveling to hit sasuke and i dont think itachi had enton
Actually he does, it's just not his speciality, just like Sasuke has Tsukoyomi, but does not have the same talent with Itachi with it... :)

Last edited:

Q of the Sharingan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
itachi's amaterasu was traveling to hit sasuke and i dont think itachi had enton
Every time Ama has been shown on a target it looks almost like a camp fire in shape correct? So if Ama traveled then it would do so as a ball of flame, or at least a clustered mass. When it was shown following Sasuke it looked like a stream. That is because it was constantly being cast at the point that Itachi's eyes were focused and Itachi couldn't hone in on Sasuke. It wasn't really traveling it was just being summoned along the point of where Itachi was looking.

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Amaterasu does not "travel". The user focuses his chakra on a location and sets Amaterasu on it. This is usually done on a person. However, if the person can move from that location, they can dodge it.

For example, if Sasuke tries to set it on Naruto's arm and he dodges, the fire will appear in the location his arm WAS in.

In the Itachi pic, he tried to set on Sasuke. Sasuke managed to move and Itachi spread it.

With the pic of Amaterasu hitting the trees, that is not Itachi's doing. Amaterasu is still fire, so it naturally spreads, which is what you are seeing there.

With A, Sasuke tried to set it on chest. A dodged. If he didnt, Amatersu wouldve appeared on his chest, not traveled.

Also, check this vids below. It shows that Amaterasu does not travel, but its set on its target.

Now for Gaara. Gaara cannot block Amaterasu when its set on his body. However, he can block it if Sasuke throws it with Enton./Thread.
i can see what you mean with the fire spreading in the forest, but the manga never showed that itachi could "spread" his amaterasu or that would be considered an enton which itachi couldnt use, and sorry about not watchin the vids i dont really trust the anime haha :D

Q of the Sharingan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i can see what you mean with the fire spreading in the forest, but the manga never showed that itachi could "spread" his amaterasu or that would be considered an enton which itachi couldnt use, and sorry about not watchin the vids i dont really trust the anime haha :D
The anime shows a mobile depiction of what happens in the manga. What was shown was a canon part of the anime. Do you trust the anime's depiction of Kamui, rasengan, chidori, or firball jutsu? If you do then you can't just disregard how it portrays Ama.

Also Enton is manipulating Ama that is already cast. Itachi was just constantly casting it.

Reactions: -Carnage-

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Every time Ama has been shown on a target it looks almost like a camp fire in shape correct? So if Ama traveled then it would do so as a ball of flame, or at least a clustered mass. When it was shown following Sasuke it looked like a stream. That is because it was constantly being cast at the point that Itachi's eyes were focused and Itachi couldn't hone in on Sasuke. It wasn't really traveling it was just being summoned along the point of where Itachi was looking.
ooohh i see what you mean, i never thought about it that way +rep

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good job, I wouldn't explain it better myself! :) +rep

Actually he does, it's just not his speciality, just like Sasuke has Tsukoyomi, but does not have the same talent with Itachi with it... :)
i guess so, but i wouldnt give a character a jutsu unless they used it in the manga and by that i mean actually saying the tech they used cuz lots of techs are similar :ice:

-Carnage-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke threw the flames from his Susano'o Rib Cage at Gaara. Sasuke said you block my Enton not Amaterasu. Then look in the background at Sasuke you see the flames above his head that is what he threw at Gaara.

A closer up view on Sasuke you clearly seen the enton above his head, that is what he threw at Gaara not Amaterasu from his eye.
i know that sasuke threw enton, i was just trying to prove that gaara can block amaterasu as well xd