chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know I'm a bit behind but finally getting around to checking out Super and have to ask WHAT THE ACTUAL **** is the deal with future Trunks?

For those unfamiliar or don't know what I mean, in Super Future Trunks(FT) has blue hair. I read Toriyama created Trunks and Bulma as having the same hair color and Toei messed around with color palettes for some reason so it's being righted in Super, ok fine I get that. BUT WHY THE HELL THEN IS CURRENT TRUNKS' HAIR PURPLE!? It makes no sense.

Then the real head ****, the time travel. I love a good time travel story, I hate ones done without thinking through as many of the variables as possible. This has become a latter. If FT went back in time to get Goku to stop the Androids then how does new FT(who comes back in Super) remember doing it because by doing it, that action eliminates the moments from FT's time that caused him to go back in the first place. Meaning he shouldn't remember going back in time or having friends "in that timeline" as he says because, again, the act of him going back erased the catalyst for him to go back from his history.

There had to be an easier way to do this Goku Black story why not just use one of the other universes?

Reactions: minamoto

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No memories are erased because he travels to a different timeline. His actions affect that one.
I don't think so, if I get slapped and go back in time and prevent myself from being slapped then go back to my place in time I came from I'm back in my original timeline and no longer have a memory of being slapped the first time since I prevented the action from taking place. If I have no memory of the slap, I have no reason to go back thus no time travel action is taken thus no memories of initial time travel should exist.

Also Since Goku came back and beat Buu he shouldn't have been there for Future Trunks, who is supposedly coming from this worlds direct future as it unfolds with no disruption, to beat because he'd have already been beaten.

Honestly time travel just doesn't seem to be Toriyama's strong point and that's fine but it's causing me too many distractions.

Here's another example; when FT first lands and they get Bulma she asks if the man inside's hair is blue. How does she know it's blue? It was purple last time FT showed up and her sons hair currently is purple how would she know he had blue hair?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I don't think so, if I get slapped and go back in time and prevent myself from being slapped then go back to my place in time I came from I'm back in my original timeline and no longer have a memory of being slapped the first time since I prevented the action from taking place. If I have no memory of the slap, I have no reason to go back thus no time travel action is taken thus no memories of initial time travel should exist.

Also Since Goku came back and beat Buu he shouldn't have been there for Future Trunks, who is supposedly coming from this worlds direct future as it unfolds with no disruption, to beat because he'd have already been beaten.

Honestly time travel just doesn't seem to be Toriyama's strong point and that's fine but it's causing me too many distractions.

Here's another example; when FT first lands and they get Bulma she asks if the man inside's hair is blue. How does she know it's blue? It was purple last time FT showed up and her sons hair currently is purple how would she know he had blue hair?
Dragon Ball subscribes to multiverse theory. Trunks explains this to Yamcha; him going back in time created a branch reality, and that’s the reality the main series takes place in. That’s the reality that Cell becomes Perfect in, and the one he’s subsequently killed by Gohan in. It’s the one where the Majin Buu story happens, and where Super happens in.

Trunks explains that going back in time didn’t fix his timeline(which is why he kills 17 and 18 in his own future). But Bulma thought it would be worth it to create a timeline that wasn’t ravaged by the Cyborgs.

• Haha
Reactions: minamoto

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dragon Ball subscribes to multiverse theory. Trunks explains this to Yamcha; him going back in time created a branch reality, and that’s the reality the main series takes place in. That’s the reality that Cell becomes Perfect in, and the one he’s subsequently killed by Gohan in. It’s the one where the Majin Buu story happens, and where Super happens in.

Trunks explains that going back in time didn’t fix his timeline(which is why he kills 17 and 18 in his own future). But Bulma thought it would be worth it to create a timeline that wasn’t ravaged by the Cyborgs.
Did he explain that bit back in Z and I missed it or in Super and I haven't reached it yet? I think I was on ep. 49? Somewhere around that, 49-51.

Is there ever an explanation why kid Trunks hair is purple but adult Trunks is blue lol.

Also you mentioned Dragon Ball subscribes to the multiverse theory but don't they only have 12 Universes? FT is from Universe 6 right? Just an alternate timeline? Then that would mean there's multiple timelines for each universe if I'm understanding?

Last edited: