Awards
A thread like this only comes once every four years~

You must be registered for see images

The Suicidal Clown

Thoughts on Furuta's Birthday Poem

Translation from makyun:

Makyun said:
How stupid.
What’s so joyous about birthdays, I wonder.
Never in my life have I ever felt grateful for being born.​
Having spent the majority of his life among V, Sunlit Garden, and the CCG, his outlook on life reflects an authoritarian view.

But for you people, how are you still celebrating your life despite how hopelessly stupid or ugly you are?
I am genuinely impressed.
Doesn’t it make you want to die?
If you die, you can get cured you know. (This is true.)​
He recommends suicide to the "hopeless" person. As someone raised in the garden, Furuta finds it difficult to contemplate having a regular life and doesn't see the benefits. It's the same as a noble looking down at his pleabians.
Furuta doesn't consider an alternate; it's either you live a meaningful beautiful life or you just kill yourself. It's like idolizing perfection.

The Sunlit Garden follows some eugenics-esque protocols (ghoul/human breeding) so that's in character.

I was born during leap year.
And since February 29 only happens once every four years, I’m around six years old. Meaning, I can only live a quarter of a person’s life.​
That's a very straightforward and pessimistic way of viewing his birthdate. Again, he can celebrate his birthday on March 1 or February 28. That doesn't cross his mind for the sake of justifying melancholic thoughts and morbid poetry.

So if you were planning on giving me something.
In this year, I want four times more of that love or hate.
I don’t need anything else.
Besides, what you people get is usually food or something consumable or trash, right? (Just kidding.)​
The food/consumable could be the ghoul solutions that the Sphinx and CCG director traded.
and Itori-san loves that stuff

Even if I celebrate it, I can’t help it.
I’m just a human being who doesn’t think of anything about the day they were born.​
Everyday is the same.

PS: (Laugh, it’s fun!)
Furuta-kun​
Conflicted as always.

- - - -

Donna Donna~
The strategy to control the masses is another nice parallel to the lyrics from Donna Donna:

Joan Baez said:
Calves are easily bound and slaughtered
Never knowing the reason why
You can't spell slaughter without laugher~

Souta - Furuta - Projecting Yoshitoki~

Does Furuta have a reason for flipping his hair? It doesn't add a layer of anonymity since Ami and Rize immediately recognized Souta.
- - -

Why else would he?

Ami was noted as a track and field champion. She was a very athletic until Souta managed to coax her into developing a bad diet. Even with an obese figure, she managed to outrun the scrapper until the poison manifested.

Yoshitoki is depicted as being very active in the omake with him and Matsuri.
Here he demonstrates his amazing olympian physique and beautiful herculan aesthetics; he can play four sports at once.

Yoshitoki tries convincing Matsuri to play sports with him otherwise he won't let him become an investigator.

Perhaps Yoshitoki's athletic ambition led to Furuta developing a grudge against such endeavors. This would explain why he would take his time to nurture a healthy Ami with promises of engagement, only to roast her. In doing so, he is projecting a twisted image of his father upon his victims.

CCG Bow

Furuta the Sad Clown~

Furuta is depicted as Charlie Chaplin in the calendar.

Charlie Chaplin was known as the "Sad Pierrot/Clown" and one of the greatest actors/comedians of all time. He is widely renown for his plays during the "Silent Era."

It suits Furuta nicely considering his rather conflicted past.

Charlie Chaplin said:
I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.

-
To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!

Loser/Shooting Star~
Is there a connection between the cute bird and the sad clown?

Loser was introduced in chapter 39 immediately after the ghoul restaurant and Souta's first appearance while cackling "scum/loser." None of the characters wondered from where or whom the cockatiel learned those words.

The conversation between Eto and Furuta. "From the bird's eye persective"

Eto is the bird (offended). Furuta is the birdkeeper (offender).

Upon hearing Eto taunting him about his father, he maniacally repeats "die."

Cockatiels and birds alike learn through repetition. If Loser belonged to Furuta, he probably repeated the words(Loser/Scum) as a defense mechanism/projection. Alternatively, Loser could have heard those words being said to Furuta. (Yoshitoki saying that to Furuta?)

-Yomo conditioned Shooting Star to learn good morning.

Sidenote: The ****atiel (Cheeps) in Penisman acts as a catalyst in the relationship between Penisman and Analbeads. In return for saving Cheeps, Penisman decides to rescue his former enemy and now ally, Analbeads. This is the power of a cockatiel.

Will something similar occur between Kaneki, Loser, and Furuta? Will Furuta's redemption be the cockatiel?
- - -
Kaneki's Revenge?
When asked if he were to seek revenge, Kaneki gave a shaky "No"

After learning about Souta's involvement in the steel beam accident, perhaps he still refuses to seek vengeance.
-We still haven't seen into Kaneki's thoughts/inner dialogue ever since his memories returned.

Will Kaneki succeed in breaking the cycle of hatred revenge?

Darth Vader

This is the only photo of Ishida. It's him drawing on an LCD tablet. Notice the image of Darth Vader.

One of Darth Vader's iconic roles is in It's the literary flag for all dysfunctional Father & Son relationships.

Furuta's ambitions to seek the one eyed king are on Washuu/Yoshitoki's behalf. Even though he is involved in multiple groups (Clowns, Garden, V, CCG, Kanou, and Aogiri Tree) his endeavors have been in vain since he has yet to discover the identity of the one-eyed king.

How much further can Furuta go to seek information and insight? At this point, Furuta is a sad clown seeking acknowledgment from his pseudo-father. While the CCG has managed to create an efficient killer, Furuta's emotions have hindered his progress.

Even the cynical Furuta couldn't ignore Eto's taunting regarding his father.

And yet, in a great twist of irony and fate, he has created the Second King - the one who will inherit the throne.

Nobody is safe

Yoshitoki's Mask

Tokyo Ghoul = Darth Vader incarnate

Feel free to disagree.

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OK I am going to take some of this completely literal and say that apparently the garden deals with breeding the best humans and the best ghouls. Also Furuta just seems like someone who hates his life, (because he is basically the bastard son of a noble created to reach a purpose and possibly one of the garden breeding experiments that failed to make the cut) but takes solace out of looking down on those being manipulated by the forces above. Thinking that dying would be a better outcome for them (because he himself is so obsessed about what he is deprived of that he often wonders if suicide is a better fate)

In other words Furuta's mindset is that of an excluder who is he himself excluded (trash)

Awesome thread BTW. A lot of insightful info

Last edited:

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
so in your opinion why is he loyal to kanou
I would say that it is because Furuta wants to place himself on the throne. Furuta is probably just a tool someone disposable to V. Kanou is going to give Furuta an army of Half ghouls that can transend even the finest bred humans or ghouls so that he can challenge them. Furuta knows all of V's workings so with enough fire power supplanting them should be possible. Though in the end this is all probably just a ploy to make his daddy finally look at him :T_T:

SasukeUchiha910

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I keep getting this feeling that eto and Furuta conversation was all apart of a plan they both are in on, and that they are playing kaneki, in the furuta will probably jpin up with ken and eto just to keep the V's eye's on them.......

Man I dont know anymore Im so confused

Byron123

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
About the Yoshitoki's mask, I'm quite sure that it will be used in the future by Kaneki. Remember, it was that exact mask in the one shot that he had. Other than that, an interesting thing was Furuta calling himself a human in his poem. Based on the importance of that word in this specific field, does it prove that he's a human and not half- ghoul?

Agent Phrank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re:vival of the Pierrot

OK I am going to take some of this completely literal and say that apparently the garden deals with breeding the best humans and the best ghouls.

Also Furuta just seems like someone who hates his life, (because he is basically the bastard son of a noble created to reach a purpose and possibly one of the garden breeding experiments that failed to make the cut) but takes solace out of looking down on those being manipulated by the forces above. Thinking that dying would be a better outcome for them (because he himself is so obsessed about what he is deprived of that he often wonders if suicide is a better fate)

In other words Furuta's mindset is that of an excluder who is he himself excluded (trash)
Interesting analysis. I think we can agree that Furuta is a tragic product of a eugenics program~

It all goes back to what Kanou said about his experiments: creating the hybrid is the first step, controlling their emotions is the next.

Awesome thread BTW. A lot of insightful info
Thanks! You should change your name to "Very Nice Onion"

I think I should have included this tidbit as well:

Furuta Exposed
Thus far, Kaneki (recorded audio) and Mutsuki (Uta whispered) are the only CCG agents that are aware of a CCG mole.

Even if Kaneki refuses to release that audio, there's the possibility that Mutsuki will manage to either solve the mole mystery or inform other agents (Urie, Saiko, etc) about a potential mole.

Mutsuki contemplated Uta's whisper in the Auction. She really couldn't figure it out.

~Kaneki probably doesn't know about Uta's whisper so it adds a layer of conflict if he intends to save Furuta's identity for the sake of the CCG's reputation or out of pity for the Sad Clown.

Urie made a promise to get Shirazu back/redeem him. We know that Furuta is the one who sent the coordinates to Aogiri Tree so that's another fight waiting to happen. Perhaps Mutsuki & Urie can conduct their own investigation on this CCG mole. Again, it doesn't matter if Kaneki refuses to release that audio. Sooner or later they're going to find out Furuta's identity. It's not if, but when.

And now we return to Uta~~~~ I'm very suspicious of Uta's commitment to the clowns. It would be a lost for the clowns if Furuta would be exposed. Did he whisper to Mitsuki on the clown's behalf? Likely not.

If exposed, would the clowns be willing to let Furuta among them?

A CCG mole exposed to the public eye would further destroy the CCG's already shaky reputation. That would create the reaction that Eto seeks for her Re:volution.

Headlines: A Washuu CCG Quadruple Agent Exposed~

so in your opinion why is he loyal to kanou
Kanou's experiments are the greatest threat to V and the birdcage.
Kanou's experiments are essential in the revival of the Clowns.

I would say that it is because Furuta wants to place himself on the throne. Furuta is probably just a tool someone disposable to V. Kanou is going to give Furuta an army of Half ghouls that can transend even the finest bred humans or ghouls so that he can challenge them. Furuta knows all of V's workings so with enough fire power supplanting them should be possible. Though in the end this is all probably just a ploy to make his daddy finally look at him :T_T:
To add onto this: Kanou never intended for Kaneki to be the ideal or perfect experiment. Kaneki's purpose was as a proof of concept for Kanou's future experiments. Kanou and Furuta had intersecting goals and were both probably acquainted since they're associated with V/CCG.

We recently learned that Rize is a bred ghoul so that might explain why he would select Rize for Kanou's initial experiment (and because of some other personal issues).

After Kaneki, he created Nashiro, Kurona, and finally Seidowl.
~Amon(Floppy) may have also been subjected to Kanou's experimentation.

The likelihood of rejection will drop and Kanou will now be able to create more suitable half-ghouls.
I keep getting this feeling that eto and Furuta conversation was all apart of a plan they both are in on, and that they are playing kaneki, in the furuta will probably jpin up with ken and eto just to keep the V's eye's on them.......

Man I dont know anymore Im so confused
That would be a major plot twist if Furuta and Eto organized that conversation.

Furuta deserves an oscar for such an amazing performance.

- - - -
Reasons why it isn't Staged:​
That conversation really jeapordizes Furuta since now Kaneki has a recording of Furuta's involvement with Kanou, Aogiri Tree, Clowns, and V. He can easily blackmail Furuta and the CCG with that audio. What does Furuta gain?

Would Furuta and Eto go that far to compromise themselves?

There's also the the last words between Eto and Furuta. Would Furuta go as far as pretend he has some vitriol against his Washuu bloodline?
~ "diediediediediediediediedie" and the way he stressed out after speaking with Eto.

That doesn't seem like he's pretending or that they organized it prior to speaking. To me it seems like Eto successfully triggered his emotions which really came as a surprise. (R.I.P Pork-chan).

Eto legitimately exposed the sad clown. But who will get the last laugh?
- - -
Reasons why it could be Staged(less likely):
Eto was aware of Furuta's "wickedness" so it does intrigue me why she doesn't just expose Furuta and the other corrupt Washuu/CCG to the public. Instead she makes some abstract novel about monsters and humans that alludes to the situation in Tokyo. But as mentioned before, that will go over most people's heads.
V suspected that Eto is the OEK and Furuta's answer was rather silly and vague "I agree with the person to the right."
That implies that he could be cooperating with Eto to over throw

Even so, she's managed to start chaos and media outbursts with Ogura on the forefront of a ghoul rights movement(Ghouls are interesting~).

About the Yoshitoki's mask, I'm quite sure that it will be used in the future by Kaneki. Remember, it was that exact mask in the one shot that he had. Other than that, an interesting thing was Furuta calling himself a human in his poem. Based on the importance of that word in this specific field, does it prove that he's a human and not half- ghoul?
It's probably for when Kaneki declares his future allegiance to the clowns.
That mask is an open plot point though: Ishida can do whatever he wants with it and it wouldn't necesarily hurt the story.
However,

If it's Kaneki's mask, it would imply that Uta planned or anticipated Kaneki's clownification. Then you have to wonder how much was Uta involved in Kaneki's transformation. Does he also have connections with Kanou?

On the other hand, Uta could just give that mask to Kaneki but,
Uta is always shown getting the measurements and asking personal questions prior to developing a mask. It would be rather unorthodox for Uta just to give away that mask just because it fits or because, "Well, you're a clown now, Harry!"

As for Furuta, you can view him and Yoshitoki as two sides of the same coin. It's similar to Eto and Kuzen; they're kakuja masks were nearly identical. Or like the example you mentioned in your thread: Biological twins - Nashiro and Kurona

Like father like son: the Clown masks suit Yoshitoki and Furuta.

It's still an open plot device.

So...he is a loser?
Are there any winners in TG?

So how weak is fodduto?
Weaker than Prime Tsuneyoshi. That's for sure.

Believe in that Demonyoshi Hype
Remember the name:

Last edited: