Fullmetal Alchemist question

ehsanmasood

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just finished watching the first series of Fullmetal Alchemist and the ending hinted that there would be a second series. I checked and there is another series and I watched the first episode. I'm little confused, is the second series set in a different dimension where the brothers are still looking for the stone. The first series ending showed that AL got his body and both were going found a way to open the gate again so why didn't the story continue from there.

Elio

Supreme
Kin
1,952💸
Kumi
13,129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's a movie that continues off the first series.

The second series is like a reboot, except that it stays true to the manga, where as the first series abandoned it.

FatherOfMurder

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be talking about Full metal Alchemist: Brotherhood... It's NOT a sequel, the story is based off the manga where as the story in fullmetal alchemist is changed ALOT.. There's no second series bro

Entourage

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is an entirely different series compared to the original one. Brotherhood follows the manga's storyline whereas the original took a different path.

Like Ritsu was saying, there is a movie that continues after the ending of Fullmetal Alchemist and it was said to be the "true ending".

Hope that clears up some things.

OT: Brotherhood is such a good series.

JesseBlack

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Brotherhood is 100 percent canon and it's better also the original/first series went into filler till the end of the series after I think episode 11or 12. So when the manga was close ending they decided to make Brotherhood (as I said before it is 100% canon). Brotherhood is the true story there was actual no point of watching the original series besides Nostalgia purposes