Regular
Kin
1,600💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lets get to the controversy.

during this game red sent me a message saying the game would be flipless. after waindo she told me no other flips would be revealed.
I was in the thread talking about this rule change. a few things happened here.
You must be registered to see images

1. I was playing this game pretty rapidly, and did not notice that this was confidential. In fact I didnt even realize at the time this was a secret.

2. Why was I told in the first place?

3. Michelle warns me and says ive cheated and revealed mod secrets, and ive deliberately angleshooted to my advantage.

4. I definetely did not. but I take offense to the assumption that I would be cheating on purpose. You dont just accuse people of cheating without and investigation.

5. When sagebee began threatening to have me banned and accused me of cheating, that was now 2 people who had accused me of cheating, had threatened me. I do not appreciate this, and the game matters very much to me.

6. After seeing sage apologize, I was fine with it being a misunderstanding. But to be attacked like this twice in one game for two different things NEITHER of which were actually rule violations -- is very disappointing.

7. Actual rule violations did occur that warrant action this game.
-GM changed a key component of the setup mid game.
-GM used flavor which made it obvious what the flips were despite making a rule change that the game would be flipless.
-The setup was not really mafia and this wasnt clear to players.
-Sage was calling for me to be banned and accused me of cheating in an ongoing game.
- Michelle a moderator threatened me during the game and gave me a warning because I am older than red, so I should know not to talk about the setup being changed to flipless.

So what do I want?
I would be fine with a simple apology, and ill keep playing here
please dont assume im a cheater because im not. I have a bad temper, sonetimes post something too inappropriate; and im strange, but ill never cheat in these games.

Also, if theres a rules comittee, or an oversight comittee that looks at setups put me on it. I would be able to prevent some of the issues red had in this game.

And finally, XD shouldve probably been disciplined this last phase. Itd be a shame if elmage had lost due to xd not being there to help.

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
lets get to the controversy.

during this game red sent me a message saying the game would be flipless. after waindo she told me no other flips would be revealed.
I was in the thread talking about this rule change. a few things happened here.
You must be registered to see images

1. I was playing this game pretty rapidly, and did not notice that this was confidential. In fact I didnt even realize at the time this was a secret.

2. Why was I told in the first place?

3. Michelle warns me and says ive cheated and revealed mod secrets, and ive deliberately angleshooted to my advantage.

4. I definetely did not. but I take offense to the assumption that I would be cheating on purpose. You dont just accuse people of cheating without and investigation.

5. When sagebee began threatening to have me banned and accused me of cheating, that was now 2 people who had accused me of cheating, had threatened me. I do not appreciate this, and the game matters very much to me.

6. After seeing sage apologize, I was fine with it being a misunderstanding. But to be attacked like this twice in one game for two different things NEITHER of which were actually rule violations -- is very disappointing.

7. Actual rule violations did occur that warrant action this game.
-GM changed a key component of the setup mid game.
-GM used flavor which made it obvious what the flips were despite making a rule change that the game would be flipless.
-The setup was not really mafia and this wasnt clear to players.
-Sage was calling for me to be banned and accused me of cheating in an ongoing game.
- Michelle a moderator threatened me during the game and gave me a warning because I am older than red, so I should know not to talk about the setup being changed to flipless.

So what do I want?
I would be fine with a simple apology, and ill keep playing here
please dont assume im a cheater because im not. I have a bad temper, sonetimes post something too inappropriate; and im strange, but ill never cheat in these games.

Also, if theres a rules comittee, or an oversight comittee that looks at setups put me on it. I would be able to prevent some of the issues red had in this game.

And finally, XD shouldve probably been disciplined this last phase. Itd be a shame if elmage had lost due to xd not being there to help.
I'm am sorry for the inconveniences I've caused you, and everyone else in this game as Moderator. I would like to indeed confirm that I did not tell or warn moth that what I had told him was confidential simply because I didn't think it was, myself. I though that message I sent him was just extra info that wouldn't change the game much: I was wrong. So I apologize for that, Moth, and to everyone else, especially people that take Mafia games very seriously.
@Michelle

The XD situation only happened this dp, I believe they posted a couple of times DP 3 but started to decrease in activity every dp after that. A mod kill was a necessary solution but I was reluctant to mod kill a player in an already small game, when Elmage who was communicating with XD in chat would suffer considerably due to it. That is why I did not mod kill XD, I am sorry for that.
@XDDDDD
@Elmage G Ace

Now that this has been brought up: as a new game host, especially one that has issues with rules and procedures, I would like everyone who played in this game to point out something I could improve on so issues like this never happen again. Please do not sugar coat, and tell the truth as it is.
@Sagebee

Reactions: Sagebee

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You do know that screenshots are not allowed right? :| Also I think it'd have been better if you addressed this to the host and not here. I think things ended ok despite everything. I mean, if we're going by rule violation, the game would probably stop without ending.

I believe I addressed the accusations, you can only be banned by a staff, or banned from the section by a mafia section mod, so I think you're slightly overreacting to the situation, you make it sound as if someone is out to get you :| now, apologies for the accusations, but that's why there's a report button. If I had to strictly follow the rules, then at least three people would have been mod killed, you included, but you do have a point, I'm sure the host will take that into consideration next time. Thanks

All things considered, I think you did okay @All_Red this isn't the worse game I've played at all, a few issues persist but it was fun

Reactions: Ansatsuken

mothbomb

Regular
Kin
1,600💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You do know that screenshots are not allowed right? :| Also I think it'd have been better if you addressed this to the host and not here. I think things ended ok despite everything. I mean, if we're going by rule violation, the game would probably stop without ending.

I believe I addressed the accusations, you can only be banned by a staff, or banned from the section by a mafia section mod, so I think you're slightly overreacting to the situation, you make it sound as if someone is out to get you :| now, apologies for the accusations, but that's why there's a report button. If I had to strictly follow the rules, then at least three people would have been mod killed, you included, but you do have a point, I'm sure the host will take that into consideration next time. Thanks

All things considered, I think you did okay @All_Red this isn't the worse game I've played at all, a few issues persist but it was fun
Its not site rules im talking about. I was accused of violating rules of mafia.

And I do appreciate your reply. None of what occurred here was rule violations per se. But it was snap judgements. and judgments which were rude in nature. I would never cheat.

Ive been in the world championships twice for mafia. I do love the game and I would hope id be given benefit of the doubt a bit more than that.

Reactions: Just_Red

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its not site rules im talking about. I was accused of violating rules of mafia.

And I do appreciate your reply. None of what occurred here was rule violations per se. But it was snap judgements. and judgments which were rude in nature. I would never cheat.

Ive been in the world championships twice for mafia. I do love the game and I would hope id be given benefit of the doubt a bit more than that.
it's fine. I don't think anyone considers you a cheater, the way I see it, it's all just a misunderstanding

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
Be very very cautious with what you say and how you say it. otherwise yer ok
Noted.

Thank you.

@All_Red my major issue with the game was the issues with the setup that moth pointed out, that being said you shouldn't be overly lenient with players. Mod kill if you have to, although I understand that there really wasn't any sub
Gotcha.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Congrats to the winner and thanks for playing everyone! Red, thanks for hosting!

I have few things to answer to Moth:

You posted in the thread a convo you had with the host. From what i know in mafia is not allowed to talk in the game's thread about PMs with the host no matter subject.
I warned you, i didn't say anything to offend you or to attack you.
After you explained me that you didn't know the information is unknown to everyone i don't think that my warning has any following problems. I understood you didn't premeditate to break a rule so it was unintentional.
I don't see why should I appologise for my warning because from my pov i did nothing wrong and our private convo had a civilised tone from both of us.
- Michelle a moderator threatened me during the game and gave me a warning because I am older than red, so I should know not to talk about the setup being changed to flipless
I certainly did not threatened you. If you disagree you are more experienced in mafia than i thought, then i will change my oppinion.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I put the benefit of the doubt before anything. If i wouldn't I would modkill you.
I am sorry i considered you cheated but all the informations I had conducted me to that idea. After you explained me, however, I reconsidered at least this, i am sure you didn't cheat, but i am still convinced is not allowed to mention convos with host in the game's thread.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm am sorry for the inconveniences I've caused you, and everyone else in this game as Moderator. I would like to indeed confirm that I did not tell or warn moth that what I had told him was confidential simply because I didn't think it was, myself. I though that message I sent him was just extra info that wouldn't change the game much: I was wrong. So I apologize for that, Moth, and to everyone else, especially people that take Mafia games very seriously.
@Michelle

The XD situation only happened this dp, I believe they posted a couple of times DP 3 but started to decrease in activity every dp after that. A mod kill was a necessary solution but I was reluctant to mod kill a player in an already small game, when Elmage who was communicating with XD in chat would suffer considerably due to it. That is why I did not mod kill XD, I am sorry for that.
@XDDDDD
@Elmage G Ace

Now that this has been brought up: as a new game host, especially one that has issues with rules and procedures, I would like everyone who played in this game to point out something I could improve on so issues like this never happen again. Please do not sugar coat, and tell the truth as it is.
@Sagebee
Think you did good made one human mistake but as a moderator think you did your job.

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
guys don't be harsh on red as she is really a new host and same can be said for mich

if they made any mistakes then I apologize on behalf of them

@All_Red you should've asked me to coach you

mich was suppose to host the game so I did't bother observing

Status
Not open for further replies.