Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Alchemy's first law: Equivalent exchange!​

The manga starts with the ritual gone wrong and the moves to the journey of Edward,a state alchemist, seeking the one thing that can restore his brother and himself.

The series had two animes with slight variations and different endings Full metal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

If you have and just want to share some thoughts or comments on it feel free to comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I had a question that's been bothering me for a while.

Roy did lose his vision right? How did he even get it back at the end (as shown in the final credits), I thought he used the phil. stone to help havoc's injury? Both Havoc & Roy seemed to be healthy at the end. Explanation?

Please answer using spoiler tag. I don't want some random person to get spoiled, especially for a series like FMA.

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I love FMA watched FMA before brotherhood so have the nostalgic connection to it. Edward possible one of the greatest male main characters in shounen history. Love Al too. Ty for this thread.

What's that OST in the dub version that was played when they went home or had a memory of home?

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had a question that's been bothering me for a while.

Roy did lose his vision right? How did he even get it back at the end (as shown in the final credits), I thought he used the phil. stone to help havoc's injury? Both Havoc & Roy seemed to be healthy at the end. Explanation?

Please answer using spoiler tag. I don't want some random person to get spoiled, especially for a series like FMA.

Replied:

Dr Marcoh used his PS to cure him on the condition that he gives Ishvalan's their state and all that. Roy agrees and helps in setting things right for them

I love FMA watched FMA before brotherhood so have the nostalgic connection to it. Edward possible one of the greatest male main characters in shounen history. Love Al too. Ty for this thread.

What's that OST in the dub version that was played when they went home or had a memory of home?
Yeah he was surprising good and compelling character. I had it on my list for such a long time and then kept getting distracted with other work mid way. But finally I picked the whole series and finished it reading it at nights. No loss no gain so I traded my beauty sleep for the story. lol

Last edited:

Defence

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Replied:

Dr Marcoh used his PS to cure him on the condition that he gives Ishvalan's their state and all that. Roy agrees and helps in setting things right for them

Yeah he was surprising good and compelling character. I had it on my list for such a long time and then kept getting distracted with other work mid way. But finally I picked the whole series and finished it reading it at nights. No loss no gain so I traded my beauty sleep for the story. lol
Marathoning is the only way to go. I literally saw the whole thing in about 2 weeks. Do you prefer brotherhood anime to FMA as it is truer to the manga?

Please someone find me that OST it was beautiful.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Replied:

Yeah I know that but...

How was Havoc healed? I thought his body was paralyzed for good?

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Every mention of FMA has been giving me massive nostalgia feels lately. Such a great manga, and ever since its end I haven't been able to find anything to replace it U_U

Kimblee is still one of my top favorite manga characters ever (if not the #1 favorite).

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Manga just shows him in rehabilitation while FMAB anime showed that Mustang insisted Dr marcoh to heal him too; so it's to be taken as implied that Marcoh healed them both before leaving.
Oh, I see it now. It's the pic. on the top left that you're referring to?

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I now realize that I might have been living in a post-FMA depression this entire time, desperately trying to find something to fill in for it. Thus, all (Shounen/dark fantasy) manga I've started reading after FMA has been basically rebound manga.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well if you like FMA then why not try Silver Spoon ? its made by the same mangaka, frankly i like Silver Spoon more than FMA.
Random recommendation like this in the middle of discussing something else... Silver spoon may be better but for now we were talking about FMA. If you are going to bring something else please, share exactly what you liked better and why should we compare the two. :p The descriptions say that one is about agricultural life- slice of life and this one is an action fantasy...

Oh, I see it now. It's the pic. on the top left that you're referring to?
Yep that was the one.

I now realize that I might have been living in a post-FMA depression this entire time, desperately trying to find something to fill in for it. Thus, all (Shounen/dark fantasy) manga I've started reading after FMA has been basically rebound manga.
lol

Well at some places I felt it could be more detailed. Scar got a big character development but somehow he didn't really impress me that much. But I still loved most of the main cast. Roy, and his interaction with people around him was fun. The housewife alchemist was impressively scary. Edward is really likable.

Last edited:

Totsuka No Tsurugi

Legendary
Kin
53💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't really like random recommendation like this in the middle of discussing something else... Silver spoon may be better but for now I wanted to talk about FMA. If you are going to bring something else at least share exactly what you liked better and why should we compare the two. :p The descriptions say that one is about agricultural life- slice of life and this one is an action fantasy...
What i liked better ? i'll leave that to your imagination considering that you actually bother to Google it but its okay if you don't want to :p, i mean it would take forever for mo to write it down, am not actually comparing them but i guess since people here like FMA then they must have interested in knowing another series by the author, think of it this way....."Rather than writing another fantasy series like Fullmetal Alchemist, Arakawa-sensei wanted to challenge herself by trying a more realistic story with Silver Spoon ".

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well at some places I felt it could be more detailed. Scar got a big character development but somehow he didn't really impress me that much. But I still loved most of the main cast. Roy, and his interaction with people around him was fun. The housewife alchemist was impressively scary. And Edward is really likable.
Well, nothing is perfect, of course. The one thing I didn't like was

Greed's "I just wanted to make friends, after all", even though it had been emphasized before how he believed his friends to be just possessions, etc.

I might have been the only one, but to me, it felt like it was somewhat OOC. I kind of get where it came from, but still, back then I thought there wasn't enough development preceding it.

Nevertheless, FMA never really disappointed me, unlike most other similar manga series I picked up afterwards.