Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just rewatching some old episodes.

How epic was it when Colonel Mustang burned Envy alive!!
Thats one of my favorite moments.

Or when Edward burst back through the Gate to tell Al's body he will be back. Just epic!

What are some of your favorite FMA moments? And why?

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
indeed one of the sickest moments ;p
Been a long time for me.. I really should review some episodes soon. I watched both Brotherhood and the classica episodes about 2 years ago

R4mbl3

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The most memorable moment for me has to be the intro with the laws of alchemy, it was soo cool!
:x3:
Yeah, I love that quote.

We talking about brotherhood or fma?!!
I was talking about brotherhood, but they are both great.

indeed one of the sickest moments ;p
Been a long time for me.. I really should review some episodes soon. I watched both Brotherhood and the classica episodes about 2 years ago
It is such a great anime.

Honestly man the original Full Metal Alchemist was written alot better. On topic my favorite episode is when Ed first travels to the scientific world
Maybe. But the action is better in brotherhood. But the story Brotherhood Imo is better.

Has anyone here watched the Movie?

Last edited:

Roy

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly man the original Full Metal Alchemist was written alot better. On topic my favorite episode is when Ed first travels to the scientific world
You must be kidding o-o half that shit didn't make sense in the 2003 anime and brotherhood is kinda the 'original' since unlike the '03 anime it fully follows the manga

jvsluys

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
oh wow that is a hard question...i loved the whole series and it been while since i last watched it, but i agree with u on when Mustang just torched Envy :)

I will probally now end up watching it in the next few days haha :D

Now did u like BH or the original cuz im suck with the 2 i like them both

TaigaUchiha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
fav funny moments
Mustang:ALL FEMALE OFFICERS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR MINNI SKIRTS!!!!! *havoc gets nose bleed*
Mustang: I LOVE DOGS!!! :D
and all of eds short rants
idk if these are brotherhood

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had a great time with Brotherhood, pretty awesome adaptation of what's easily my favorite Shounen action series. Overall I didn't like Brotherhood quite as much as the manga but it was still fantastic. It was amazing seeing a lot of those fights animated, particularly Greed vs Wrath near the end. FMA is really the shining example of a Shounen series in my eyes, with a great story, amazing character development, and a setting that really adds to the whole experience.

I'd have to disagree, I can think of very few ways that the first FMA anime was better than Brotherhood. I'll admit that the first anime's take on the origins of the Homunculi was a very interesting concept, but overall FMA 2003 was really weak compared to Brotherhood.

Storywise I can't say that the first anime was better at all. The plot was boring by comparison and the pacing was very, very laggy. What happened in like 4 volumes of FMA took like 30 episodes with the slow pacing as well as the copious amounts of filler. Then they even make the last arcs of the series entirely filler to boot, and then they can't even get the ending right. In my opinion the ending was very lacking, what with
Ed and Al being separated with absolutely no closure of how things could be resolved in the TV series. The movie made up for that but even then the movie didn't make for some godly conclusion for the story either. Not to mention how terrible it was that the antagonist was off-screened by her own minion. Just awful, how can anybody respect such a villain?
Brotherhood by comparison had a much better conclusion that tied up its loose ends, not to mention leaving Ed and Al both with what seemed to be a promising future and a satisfying way to end their tales.

Character development wise, Brotherhood was also a great deal better. The Homunculi, except for Lust, were all much more sympathetic in Brotherhood than in the first anime. In the original, Envy was as obnoxious but without any depth, Greed didn't get the screen time to show his awesomeness, Sloth (while a very interesting case storywise) had practically no personality (and didn't even fit her sin to boot), and Pride was just......useless. There was literally no purpose in Bradley being Pride. Envy had been masquerading as him for the longest time, and then they reveal that Bradley's a Homunculus too, making all of that completely pointless. Not to mention that Bradley was not only boring, but very underwhelming in terms of power compared to his manga version. Don't get me started on Kimblee either, Kimblee was just awful in the first anime while he was a sophisticated badass with a lot more personality in Brotherhood. And then the first anime was completely missing awesome characters like Ling (who helped Greed to develop into one of the best Homunculi) and Olivier Armstrong.

A lot of my enjoyment for the first anime was killed by the fact that I had read the manga prior, so I'm probably harsher on it than most. But on an objective basis, it baffles me how one could say that the first anime is "a lot better," if better at all to begin with. I personally feel the first anime wasn't even on Brotherhood's level.

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
omg i know im late but when father achieved knowledge and opened the moon and took all of amestris souls at once and he was that huge black one-eyed thing was absolutely without a doubt EPIC

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't even have to watch the original FMA to disagree with that. How can an anime adaption storyline be better than the original? Sure if we're talking about some other random anime it might be possible, but we're talking about Arakawa's FMA. It's not friggen possible. z.z No to mention that the origins of Homonculi were completely bullshitted in the original Anime.

For me it'd have to be Ling Vs Bradley, or Edwards encounter with Envy.

Last edited:

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't even have to watch the original FMA to disagree with that. How can an anime adaption storyline be better than the original? Sure if we're talking about some other random anime it might be possible, but we're talking about Arakawa's FMA. It's not friggen possible. z.z No to mention that the origins of Homonculi were completely bullshitted in the original Anime.

For me it'd have to be Ling Vs Bradley, or Edwards encounter with Envy.
To be fair, the Homunculi origins were a lot more interesting in the first anime than the manga/Brotherhood since they had potential to go somewhere with it. It was an interesting concept that added a lot more depth to their existence. Sadly, the execution was lacking so it didn't get very far.

But overall yeah I would agree with you, first FMA anime was a VERY weak adaptation of what I'd deem the best Shounen action series. There were so many elements missing from the original series that it felt really bland in comparison.