Guy Fawkes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next year we will have a live action FMA movie. The cast will be strictly Japanese, which I think is awesome and refreshing. My only problem is, isn't Edward European? In fact, most in FMA either have European names or they have European features(blue eyes, blond hair, round eyes instead of slanted, European names "Van Hoenheim") and the rest Look to be from the middle east.

So, this is probably the only Anime-movie adaptation that I think should have more Europeans than Asains, I only say this because I always pictured most of the characters, white. Now when Naruto or Bleach or AOT get live action adaptations I expect mostly Japanesse casting, because I readily identify most characters in those series as Japanesse( Ay and Killer Bee of the few obvious exceptions) despite having white features (Naruto, Ichigo) and even AOT the walls have Latin names ("maria" etc etc).

Basically casting for comics and casting for manga live adaption is not going to be same simple process.

Reactions: Filosoofis

Filosoofis

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Next year we will have a live action FMA movie. The cast will be strictly Japanese, which I think is awesome and refreshing. My only problem is, isn't Edward European? In fact, most in FMA either have European names or they have European features(blue eyes, blond hair, round eyes instead of slanted, European names "Van Hoenheim") and the rest Look to be from the middle east.

So, this is probably the only Anime-movie adaptation that I think should have more Europeans than Asains, I only say this because I always pictured most of the characters, white. Now when Naruto or Bleach or AOT get live action adaptations I expect mostly Japanesse casting, because I readily identify most characters in those series as Japanesse( Ay and Killer Bee of the few obvious exceptions) despite having white features (Naruto, Ichigo) and even AOT the walls have Latin names ("maria" etc etc).

Basically casting for comics and casting for manga live adaption is not going to be same simple process.
>is about germanic people
>cast japanese

atleast they won't screw it up.I know attack on titan is nowhere near the manga or anime but atleast it is better than dbz evolution

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This is a terrible idea. name me 1 good let alone great anime live action adaptation and I'll name you 5 bad ones. Funniest part is I bet you no one who complained about Scarlett Johanssen being cast in Ghost in the Shell will complain about this casting not being accurate. Make a white fictional character white when people want him to be something else and you're racist, make a primarily white fictional cast not white, nobody bats an eye.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
because they created it, it makes since....a little:coffee:

Regardless of who created it. A character needs to look like the character if they don't they fail. Japanese can't do the character right cause most of these anime characters don't even look Japanese. And if they did I doubt they would be famious around the world.

Guy Fawkes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Regardless of who created it. A character needs to look like the character if they don't they fail. Japanese can't do the character right cause most of these anime characters don't even look Japanese. And if they did I doubt they would be famious around the world.
these are the people who still participate in black face...still. Besides, I already said I pictured them white and not Japanese, I'm just excited the story and characters are going to be in a live action film. Hollywood has been racist since it's inception (birth of a nation (check out the new one, its about Nat Turner ironically)), so it doesn't bother me that the Asian Film Industry are as well , besides its not black face this time, its white face:lmao:.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA and AoT having a full Japanese cast is just as silly as any of the other whitewashing 'scandal'.

The CGI budget looks huge and even with all that high production they still can't fix Ed from looking like a cheap cosplay. Live action Japanese film outside of Chambara and animation suck, and they certainly can't do adaptations.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA and AoT having a full Japanese cast is just as silly as any of the other whitewashing 'scandal'.

The CGI budget looks huge and even with all that high production they still can't fix Ed from looking like a cheap cosplay. Live action Japanese film outside of Chambara and animation suck, and they certainly can't do adaptations.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. FMA is a fictional universe despite being inspired by RL in some way. As a matter of fact people got it wrong when they thought FMA was referring to a particular community when writer mentioned some incident much closer to home. Their primary audience is local community which is relatively homogeneous and movie relies on anime like diversity.

America actually has more diversity and still most movies were limited to a certain groups even when they needed other people. But how many people complained? (Some did call it a Brexit movie but mostly it was seen as fine.)

Last edited: