French magizine prints cartoons of prophet muhammed (saw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And the extremists fall for it. It's amazing how there not able to use their brains. Cant blame them I guess, since those people in the riot are all ignorant. One thing's being upset about it which I think anyone would if they makes fun of their beliefs but there's a difference between getting upset and going out to cause a disturbance among their own village/town where they burn up flags, killed a man, want the blood of anyone who's american.
That's going 'too far' and sure, America has done worse to them, but we're taking about now.
They are stupid, that much is established. But saying the the movie falls under freedom of speech isn't much smarter, and quite biased if I may add.

'Toxic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They are stupid, that much is established. But saying the the movie falls under freedom of speech isn't much smarter, and quite biased if I may add.
It's still freedom of speech, here in America it doesn't matter what you say as long as you don't go hurting someone. Why do you think bullying is such a big issue here? therefore, even if it's rude, there not going to suffer any type of consequences. It's not bias but just a fact, anyone who doesn't live in america, cant truly understand the level of stupidity of some people here.

[video=youtube;bOrz5k0jWdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU[/video]

There a great example. You don't have to agree with the fact that they made fun/insulted Islam was meant to be a joke or just freedom of speech but in all honesty, it is. I'm telling you this from experience, you have bigots everywhere and here they just get away with saying anything they want and throw the "Freedom of speech" BS.

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's still freedom of speech, here in America it doesn't matter what you say as long as you don't go hurting someone. Why do you think bullying is such a big issue here? therefore, even if it's rude, there not going to suffer any type of consequences. It's not bias but just a fact, anyone who doesn't live in america, cant truly understand the level of stupidity of some people here.

[video=youtube;bOrz5k0jWdU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrz5k0jWdU[/video]

There a great example. You don't have to agree with the fact that they made fun/insulted Islam was meant to be a joke or just freedom of speech but in all honesty, it is. I'm telling you this from experience, you have bigots everywhere and here they just get away with saying anything they want and throw the "Freedom of speech" BS.
Saying 'I hate you' or 'go back to your country', 'Muslims are savages' fall under freedom of speech.
Saying someone did something when he didn't is an offense. Didn't you ever hear of anyone suing a newspaper or a TV channel for Reputation Staining and misinformation?
Like I said, go to a crowded place and point at someone and scream 'rapist' or 'pedophile', maybe tell all your neighbors that one of them is a rapist, I'm sure he'll sue you if you cause him enough damage.

'Toxic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Saying 'I hate you' or 'go back to your country', 'Muslims are savages' fall under freedom of speech.
Saying someone did something when he didn't is an offense. Didn't you ever hear of anyone suing a newspaper or a TV channel for Reputation Staining and misinformation?
Like I said, go to a crowded place and point at someone and scream 'rapist' or 'pedophile', maybe tell all your neighbors that one of them is a rapist, I'm sure he'll sue you if you cause him enough damage.
Did you watch the video at all? those people pretty much go to funerals, stand there and shout things like "You 'whoever died' will be in hell b/c he was a soldier' or hold signs like 'this person so and so is a f@ggot' (they'll sit there and say BS about anyone who they don't like) they will also say smack about the religion of other people. I have but the point is that unlike the extremists, none of those people go making a riot, killing people or destroying their own place b/c there angry.

'Kurapika

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did you watch the video at all? those people pretty much go to funerals, stand there and shout things like "You 'whoever died' will be in hell b/c he was a soldier' or hold signs like 'this person so and so is a f@ggot' (they'll sit there and say BS about anyone who they don't like) they will also say smack about the religion of other people. I have but the point is that unlike the extremists, none of those people go making a riot, killing people or destroying their own place b/c there angry.
Still, those are opinions, no matter how blunt they are.
If they went to the funeral and said that the dead guy was a thief, a rapist, a pedophile, the family has every right to sue them and they would have a solid case. They might not choose to however.
As I said, go to a crowded place and scream 'Pedo' at someone, preferably a business owner, and see how it goes.

I'm going off to sleep, don't see much left for discussion anyways.

Mante

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People need to the difference insult and joke. Yes, sometimes a joke might be an insult, but then it won't be called "joke"..it will be an insult. Its not OK with us if someone insult to our belief and prophet. Its not OK with us if someone among us, Muslim, insult other's beliefs. We care when Christians insult Jesus, even though they think Jesus is the Son of God. Here, I don't mean all christians, but yes there are some christians who make fun of Christ...and ofc, some respect him more than anyone.
If you read Da Vinci Code, its said Jesus married to someone and had a child [or children, don't remember much]..which is oppose to Bible, but no Christian seems to dislike this, even this "freedom of speech" is a lie made of "their God"....? (I know, you believe its just a "imaginary stroy, not true"). But in Islam it forbids Muslims to make [false] stories of or fun of any prophet, so we care when someone insults [or say a lie about] prophets [whether its Jesus, Muhammed, Abraham, Moses.etc].. though some don't care when someone [even someone among them] insults their "God".

I'm not saying, burning down buildings, killing innocents.etc is allowed in Islam (infact, it forbids such actions). I know it creates a bad picture of Islam, but if someone really want to know Islam he needs to read Nobel Quran not look at the way "part" of Muslims live.

mcchikeneater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So they riot and murder people every time someone insults them, yet its not ok for us to riot every time one of them says death to america or burns an american flag? I saw a muslim burning a flag on the news today, does that mean its ok for me to go down to the liquor store down the street and kill everyone that works there?

Mante

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So they riot and murder people every time someone insults them, yet its not ok for us to riot every time one of them says death to america or burns an american flag? I saw a muslim burning a flag on the news today, does that mean its ok for me to go down to the liquor store down the street and kill everyone that works there?
no, it not OK. Even if a Muslim does it, its not OK. Even if a Christian does it, it not OK.

People need to know that not all Muslims or Christians act like that, nor not all like it.

The media today [not as a whole], spreads so many negative [while concealing the positive side] and false information about Islam which "brain-washes" some people. So relying on media is not a very sensible.

mcchikeneater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
no, it not OK. Even if a Muslim does it, its not OK. Even if a Christian does it, it not OK.

People need to know that not all Muslims or Christians act like that, nor not all like it.

The media today [not as a whole], spreads so many negative [while concealing the positive side] and false information about Islam which "brain-washes" some people. So relying on media is not a very sensible.
I know not all muslims are violent hate mongers....but still. You insult christianity, people get offended, you insult buddhism, they nod their heads and accept it, you insult mormons, maybe some feelings get hurt, you insult islam, innocent people die.

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is acts like these that create animosity between everyone in the world. People need to shut up, sit down and treat others the way they want to be treated. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to insult another person's religion or lack thereof. This is just one of the many pathetic acts that people call 'freedom of speech'.

Also, keep this discussion clean guys. Do not talk about things unless you've got evidence backing it up. And if i see any problems i'll start infracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.