France launches 'massive' airstrike on Isis stronghold of Raqqa after Paris attack

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(CNN)French fighter jets bombed a series of ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria, on Sunday in what officials described as a major bombardment.

The targets included a command center, a recruitment center, an ammunition storage base and a training camp for the terror group, said Mickael Soria, press adviser for France's defense minister.

Paris attacks: Authorities hunt for a French national

ISIS claims Raqqa as the capital of its so-called caliphate. The airstrikes come two days after a series of terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, which France's President described as "an act of war."

Twelve aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, were involved in Sunday's airstrikes, Soria said.

Twenty bombs were dropped, he said, and all of the targets were destroyed.

Source:

FreakensteinAG

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The US will not happy with France bombing Isis (if they actually bombing them).
I'm confused. As much as several media outlets wanting the government to rip ISIS a new one several times over, why would they be unhappy with France doing it? I'm hoping it's not just "stealing the glory".

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hope they're not targeting the civilians. If so, they are no different than ISIS.
They're not targeting civilians; they're targeting IS bases, or I should say, they have already done so with complete success.

OT: Unfortunately, this is the only way. With IS, there can be no resolution through words because they're greedy and sociopathic in their ways.

With that in mind, their only options are to try and reason with them fruitlessly, and constantly for a long period of time, whilst they go on killing, or to end their reign of terror as quickly as possible. You have to understand that IS aren't like Russia or China; the aforementioned have self-preservation, a comparatively calm demeanour and a certain level of reasoning - IS have none of these traits.

You may as well talk to a brick wall covered in TNT; because they don't care about any lives; not even their own. It's just one of those situations in which the end justifies the means. The human concept of morality is yet to be complete at an intricate level, hence why it seems illogical.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSStylish

Bronze

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm confused. As much as several media outlets wanting the government to rip ISIS a new one several times over, why would they be unhappy with France doing it? I'm hoping it's not just "stealing the glory".
The Pentagon spent $500 million on training and arming their so called moderate rebels to topple Bashar Al-Assad. All of them have joined terrorists organizations, such as Al-Nusra and Isis. France bombing them would ruin US's strategy to overthrow the Syrian president through these terrorists.

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This war can once again unite the world as one. By focusing all our attentions against one evil we can find true peace. Let us all drop our nationalities for one minute and fight for the sake of humanity!

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So essentially, this event is suggesting that nations can bomb major ISIS bases at will, without severe repercussions. If that is true, than that means ISIS really isn't much of a threat at all seeing we can just get rid of them on whims. Obviously it isn't though so you can expect a lot of civilian casualties from this attack.

Reactions: random girlz