Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Partly out of boredom and partly out of curiosity of how many I could find, I decided to try and make a collection of all moments of major foreshadowing in the story. Some of these are intentional, some of these are not, but overall I think they all work well when reading the story as a whole. I'll obviously point out when I think it wasn't a planned move on Kishimoto's part however.

Naruto Breaks the Mask
Chapter 19
You must be registered for see images

Chapter 597

Not that much a foreshadowing as much as a purposeful mirroring, but still.

Madara's Weakness and Eventual Downfall

Chapter 623

Chapter 626

Chapter 678

This one is definitely purposeful, at least for the first case. Maybe the second time was something decided later, but it sticks to the theme.

Black Zetsu's First Appearance

Chapter 234

Chapter 681

Obviously it wasn't planned either, but its a fun coincidence that works in benefit of the larger story.

Sasuke and his Hawk
Chapter 1

Chapter 477

This one definitely had some planning going behind it.

Rin's Death
Chapter 30

Chapter 604

Again, more so a happy coincidence than anything, but you could interpret the attitude Kakashi took during the rest of the fight (telling Naruto and the others to stay away from Zabuza and completely beating him down after that) as him venting off his PTSD.

Kakashi and Obito's Shared Eye
Chapte 487

Chapter 597

This is one of the first big hints towards Tobi's identity, and works well towards the bigger story.

Obito's Silent Answer
Chapter 502

Chapter 637

This one I feel I have to make a case for, since maybe I'm just overthinking this, but I believe there are major reasons why Obito 1. never replies to his sensei's inquiry about him being Uchiha Madara and 2. lowers his hood just when Minato asks him to reveal he's donning that exact hairstyle. This is the one occasion where Obito dons the same haircut he had as a Genin during a flashback, so I do think it's supposed to mean something.

Sasuke's Left Arm
Chapter 6

Chapter 698

This is the foreshadowing that took the longest to come true out of all these...and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was planned. Its easy, as an author, to have a beginning and an end for your story planned after all. I wouldn't put it past Kishimoto, to have Naruto and Sasuke losing their arms in an intense final fight planned from day one. Its all the stuff in-between he probably planned as he went.
I'm trying to make this a complete list, so...anything I missed? Or anything I got wrong, maybe?

Last edited:
Reactions: QuickNEasy

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see what did there with mirroring:lol

The series more calculated then people realize I got annouyed Naruto never expanded his moveset but symbolically makes sense which is cool when you notice

When did that scene sasuke effed up come from?

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see what did there with mirroring:lol

The series more calculated then people realize I got annouyed Naruto never expanded his moveset but symbolically makes sense which is cool when you notice

When did that scene sasuke effed up come from?
Its the Genjutsu Kakashi uses on Sakura to take her out during the bell test.

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think in the anime depiction they had him lose his arm

But if we're talking foreshadowing they did have Naruto die in that movie
I was more so talking about the manga, but I'm not sure what that would foreshadow to begin with. Naruto never really died, though he did come close awfully often.