Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just read that, 'Aryan' in Albanian translates to 'gold they are'.

Ar = gold
Jan = they are

Referring to blond people, most likely.
Arjan is also a typical Dutch name for boys
Baby name site I checked, gave Albanian translation as "golden life" not "gold they are". And not all similar words have to have same roots. So you need full etymology of that.

Arjan is a place in Iran. Arjun is a Sanskrit name for males as well as a tree. Punjabies are likely to spell it as Arjan only. Arjun being most celebrated warrior in Mahabharata is very popular name here but not even once anyone associated it with colour gold.

Not even once Arya refers to any such quality as golden hair in ancient Sanskrit literature. Instead, there are certain moral values one has to uphold to be called an Arya. It even talks about bringing people in Aryan folds by educating them. So you may have easier time declaring it a religious sect than a race. Not that it referred to religion in particular either.

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Baby name site I checked, gave Albanian translation as "golden life" not "gold they are". And not all similar words have to have same roots. So you need full etymology of that.

Arjan is a place in Iran. Arjun is a Sanskrit name for males as well as a tree. Punjabies are likely to spell it as Arjan only. Arjun being most celebrated warrior in Mahabharata is very popular name here but not even once anyone associated it with colour gold.

Not even once Arya refers to any such quality as golden hair in ancient Sanskrit literature. Instead, there are certain moral values one has to uphold to be called an Arya. It even talks about bringing people in Aryan folds by educating them. So you may have easier time declaring it a religious sect than a race. Not that it referred to religion in particular either.
Aaah thanks for clearing that up. I have a lot to learn regarding

• Angry
Reactions: minamoto

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aaah thanks for clearing that up. I have a lot to learn regarding
If you are going to pick on Sanskrit terms and concepts you really do need a lot to learn... So many words are not even translatable properly... Like the word Maya in the video. It's such a deep concept it has commentaries written on it. I would have to go in terms of Advait and Dvait schools of thought. ( non dualism and dualism) I called it a magical power of a sort because I did not know how to explain it in short and actually how much I could expand it even. But it was such an inadequate explanation that I wouldn't want you to quote me on that, carelessly.

Exactly what you have been looking for? What are you trying to study and know?

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If you are going to pick on Sanskrit terms and concepts you really do need a lot to learn... So many words are not even translatable properly... Like the word Maya in the video. It's such a deep concept it has commentaries written on it. I would have to go in terms of Advait and Dvait schools of thought. ( non dualism and dualism) I called it a magical power of a sort because I did not know how to explain it in short and actually how much I could expand it even. But it was such an inadequate explanation that I wouldn't want you to quote me on that, carelessly.

Exactly what you have been looking for? What are you trying to study and know?

I was wondering..Regardless of the fact that phonetically similar words of various languages have differing meanings as you just made a point of; fact remains that these words are phonetically similar. What if they really do share the same origin altogether. What if the words changed meaning over time with the migration and isolation of cultures?

Last edited: