Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post is mostly for people who don't have netflix, hulu and what not.

There's an open source program called XBMC, which is basically a home theatre entertainment system.
You can use it to listen to music, watch videos and so on.

You can install various plug-ins, as to watch things like twitch.tv, tech tv, and regular series/movies.

I won't be calling out what the plug in is called to watch movies and series for free, as it uses streams of sites, which in most cases are illegal, but if you just google a bit, it'll be easy to find.

Upside:
- Tracker/favorite list for series, so you don't have to search through the endless amount of series and you can spot up to which episode you have checked so far because of the tracker.

- Fast upload of newest episodes (within 1 hour or so after it was on air)

- Not illegally downloading it through torrents (which no one cares about, but in any case if something were to happen, you don't do anything wrong because you don't have the files on your PC)

- No storage waste. Most people check episodes 1 time, and with the current internet speed/download rates, streaming isn't an issue anymore.

- Subtitle plug-in to your own language.

-No ads and stuff like that.

- You can browse by genre, alphabetically, newest releases, latest additions to the plug-in etc.

Downside:
- "not having the files".

Also get the XBMC maintenance plug-in, as it works with a cache that will only allow you to buffer up to 5% ahead by default. The maintenance tool puts the cache on 0, making it buffer ahead until the episode is done.

I hope this helps people who usually stream from websites that could easily give you malware if not properly protected.

Last edited:

Wesobi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No problem. I've quit using torrents due to the hassle of downloading them, eventhough I had a good site for it with high speed seeding.

It's just a lot easier imo.

Reactions: Desiigner