Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey guys, I was wondering what the actual difference was between the two? Are they completely different or is Brotherhood just a remake? I've seen a couple of videos and Brotherhood seems a bit more aesthetically pleasing and more fresh. I just want to know if it is worth watching both or will I be missing some stuff if I just watch one?
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: silmarill and Meee

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
BrotherHood Follows the manga more accurately i've heard.

and i've seen only brotherhood and for me that was one of the best animes i've ever seen. Shoulda try FMA soon

Reactions: Decipher

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA has a storyline different from the manga, though they do converge up to a certain point. There are a few things FMA did better, but in the end, all you'd be missing is a few backstories (only one of which is really worth something).

Meee

Legendary
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Never bothered with the original heard it followed that manga up to a certain point then the rest was all just non canon filler stuff.

Brotherhood was amazing tho.

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The original anime is my favorite.
Its not a hastily done departure of the manga the creator of FMA told them to go another route so no fillers would have to be made.

It has a much more darker and somber tone then the manga counterpart.
The color palate is also smoother compared to brotherhood which i prefer.

It all comes down to you and your personal preference.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't actually know the difference between the two, since I haven't watched the first one. At least, BrotherHood is controlling the top position in MyAnimeList since a while. It's really awesome.

Decipher

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for the responses guys! Helped me a lot in my decision and I think I'm going to go for Brotherhood. Although FMA's darker tone does interest me. Anyways, thanks!