Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just finished watching FMA:B. I found it much better than FMA! ~_~
FMA is just so dramatic imo, a lot of Mommy drama, and blah blah! Ending of FMA really sucks, <_< Ed went to the other side of gate, physics world. FTW! On the other hand, FMAB's ending is pretty much interesting, EdxWinrey was so cute.
:blush:
>_> Greed is on the peek of awesomeness in the FMAB, though envy is such-a pain in ass. >_> but what I wanna know is, which one is close to the manga?​

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
FMA; Brotherhood is the retelling of story in accordance to the manga. You can call the original series sort of a spin-off. Previous series changed about everything except the beginning of the story. Particulars and Hohenheims name ( Instead of Van Hohenheim he was names Hoheheim Elric ) Greed's demise, Rose ( what can i say just about everything is different ) and Dante
Original series is pretty great as well but when compared to Brotherhood its nothing that awesome

Maina Deah

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
At the start, I thought FMA is better than FMAB cause I find it a bit boring but as FMAB continues I realized that the 2nd series is better than the 1st one. Alphose sacrificed himself for his brother's sake is more epic than the 1st and Hoholem of light fights together with his sons on FMAB while on FMA he just do dramatic act.

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA Brotherhood is practically the manga word for word, panel for panel. xd
Overall, Brotherhood is much better than the FMA anime. The animation is several times better, the voice acting is second-to-none, the drama and suspense are very gripping, and the story is far more involved and innovative. Brotherhood really brings the manga to life and gives the characters a whole new level of depth.

For example, Hohenheim of Light in the FMA anime series played a rather minor role, was depicted rather harshly, and was a very flat character in literary terms. Van Hohenheim, however, possesses much greater character depth and focus on his past. In general, he's truly a sad character, and Brotherhood has a way of making you feel sorry for him because of all of the grief he is stricken with (i.e. being unable to be with his children, not being able to protect his wife, having all of his friends and his entire country die before him and ending up with over half-a-million souls in his fake body).

The Homunculus in Brotherhood had much more depth to them as well. Each Homunculus ended up being pretty epic in their own way, but at the same time, they had their own shortcomings that they hid despite their pride in being Homunculus and supposedly superior to humans in every way. With Envy, I absolutely hated him in the first series, but in Brotherhood, he was funny, sadistic, and manipulative character whom one would have disliked strongly because of the way he treated every other character (and because he killed Hughes). However, Brotherhood somehow manages to make you feel sorry for Envy as he dies after Mustang completely incinerates him over and over again.

And, I think we can all agree that Brotherhood Mustang is a thousand times more badass than Mustang from the first anime. :cool:

Last edited:

'Zeus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
FMA; Brotherhood is the retelling of story in accordance to the manga. You can call the original series sort of a spin-off. Previous series changed about everything except the beginning of the story. Particulars and Hohenheims name ( Instead of Van Hohenheim he was names Hoheheim Elric ) Greed's demise, Rose ( what can i say just about everything is different ) and Dante
Original series is pretty great as well but when compared to Brotherhood its nothing that awesome
yes! <_< rose, and her child. >_> on the other hand, in FMA;B she is quite a hottie. o_O

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Overall, Brotherhood is much better than the FMA anime. The animation is several times better, the voice acting is second-to-none, the drama and suspense is very gripping, and the story is far more involved and innovative. Broterhood really brings the manga to life and gives the characters a whole new level of depth.

For example, Hohenheim of Light in the FMA anime series played a rather minor role, was depicted rather harshly, and was a very flat character in literary terms. Van Hohenheim, however, possesses much greater character depth and focus on his past. In general, he's truly a sad character, and Brotherhood has a way of making you feel sorry for him because of all of the grief he is stricken with (i.e. being unable to be with his children, not being able to protect his wife, having all of his friends and his entire country die before him and ending up with over half-a-million souls in his fake body).

The Homunculus in Brotherhood had much more depth to them as well. Each Homunculus ended up being pretty epic in their own way, but at the same time, they had their own shortcomings that they hid despite their pride in being Homunculus and supposedly superior to humans in every way. With Envy, I absolutely hated him in the first series, but in Brotherhood, he was funny, sadistic, and manipulative character whom one would have disliked strongly because of the way he treated every other character (and because he killed Hughes). However, Brotherhood somehow manages to make you feel sorry for Envy as he dies after Mustang completely incinerates him over and over again.

And, I think we can all agree that Brotherhood Mustang is a thousand times more badass than Mustang from the first anime. :cool:
yes! <_< rose, and her child. >_> on the other hand, in FMA;B she is quite a hottie. o_O
Agreed with both O_O Mustangs blindness was epic i was speechless at that point.

BluePhenix

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
3⚔️
Overall, Brotherhood is much better than the FMA anime. The animation is several times better, the voice acting is second-to-none, the drama and suspense is very gripping, and the story is far more involved and innovative. Broterhood really brings the manga to life and gives the characters a whole new level of depth.

You said it all :D

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
leave it to Roku, the resident FMA afficienado to perfectly sum up FMA: Brotherhood. With the original FMA anime, you really need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa. It really brings the story of FMA full circle and gives it a much better ending.

I do prefer FMA Brotherhood to FMA for ever reason Roku said, plus I like that they didn't fully focus on Scar than abandon him like in FMA. In FMA, Scar went from being a side character to being a main character and than just disappeared towards the middle of the show. In FMA:B, he went from side character to relevant main character and stayed that way throughout the remainder of the series. I also think there was more comedy in Brotherhood than in FMA, especially involving Ed.

I also like that they showed Hohenheim in a more powerful position lik he is suppose to be. In FMA, he was kinda of worthless and I felt like he betrayed Ed and Al's mother unlike in FMAB. He also seemed more human in FMAB, which is good.

Though i'm still made that in both shows they killed Hughes -_- Hughes was my favorite character in the entire series. Though I thought that they way Brotherhood handled it was better than in FMA.

Though in reality, Both Brotherhood and FMA are very good animes and worth watching. Brotherhood should be viewed as the original where as FMA is the spin-off/re imagining.

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
leave it to Roku, the resident FMA afficienado to perfectly sum up FMA: Brotherhood. With the original FMA anime, you really need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa. It really brings the story of FMA full circle and gives it a much better ending.

I do prefer FMA Brotherhood to FMA for ever reason Roku said, plus I like that they didn't fully focus on Scar than abandon him like in FMA. In FMA, Scar went from being a side character to being a main character and than just disappeared towards the middle of the show. In FMA:B, he went from side character to relevant main character and stayed that way throughout the remainder of the series. I also think there was more comedy in Brotherhood than in FMA, especially involving Ed.

I also like that they showed Hohenheim in a more powerful position lik he is suppose to be. In FMA, he was kinda of worthless and I felt like he betrayed Ed and Al's mother unlike in FMAB. He also seemed more human in FMAB, which is good.

Though i'm still made that in both shows they killed Hughes -_- Hughes was my favorite character in the entire series. Though I thought that they way Brotherhood handled it was better than in FMA.

Though in reality, Both Brotherhood and FMA are very good animes and worth watching. Brotherhood should be viewed as the original where as FMA is the spin-off/re imagining.
Well done, Rag. I am very proud of you for producing an analysis rivaling my own.

Yeah, Hohenheim in the first series was much weaker and less likable than his Brotherhood counterpart. Van Hohenheim was ridiculously powerful, yet he was constantly plagued by his memories and regrets of the past (which is the main reason one has to feel sorry for him, because he never asked for any of it). Father's power-hungry nature was the case of Hohenheim's suffering, and this really brought out how the concept of power was meaningless in an empty existence.

You made a good point with Scar that I forgot to mention. Of course, there are so many things that I could mention that I could fill up an entire page of this thread. But, yes, Scar was handled infinitely better in Brotherhood than in the FMA anime. In the first anime, Scar seems very angst-y and overly hateful till the point where he becomes irrelevant to the story eventually. In Brotherhood, however, the source of his hatred was depicted, his motives were shown, and his shame gave way to his realization of what was the right thing to do. Scar practically came out enlightened near the end of the manga, and he quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Another thing that the first anime series lacked was Solf J. Kimblee (the real Kimblee...not the lame Kimblee from the first series who had almost zero-relevance to the plot aside from his fight with Scar). Kimblee was one of the characters in Brotherhood that you really wanted to hate but couldn't bring yourself to absolutely being spiteful of him. He had a certain charisma in the way he made his decisions and acted. While he was cruel and sadistic, he did it with flair and held true to the Red Lotus way. Plus, he went out like a boss: putting his hat over his head and fading away in the torrent of souls within Pride's philosopher's stone. :cool:

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well done, Rag. I am very proud of you for producing an analysis rivaling my own.

Yeah, Hohenheim in the first series was much weaker and less likable than his Brotherhood counterpart. Van Hohenheim was ridiculously powerful, yet he was constantly plagued by his memories and regrets of the past (which is the main reason one has to feel sorry for him, because he never asked for any of it). Father's power-hungry nature was the case of Hohenheim's suffering, and this really brought out how the concept of power was meaningless in an empty existence.

You made a good point with Scar that I forgot to mention. Of course, there are so many things that I could mention that I could fill up an entire page of this thread. But, yes, Scar was handled infinitely better in Brotherhood than in the FMA anime. In the first anime, Scar seems very angst-y and overly hateful till the point where he becomes irrelevant to the story eventually. In Brotherhood, however, the source of his hatred was depicted, his motives were shown, and his shame gave way to his realization of what was the right thing to do. Scar practically came out enlightened near the end of the manga, and he quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Another thing that the first anime series lacked was Solf J. Kimblee (the real Kimblee...not the lame Kimblee from the first series who had almost zero-relevance to the plot aside from his fight with Scar). Kimblee was one of the characters in Brotherhood that you really wanted to hate but couldn't bring yourself to absolutely being spiteful of him. He had a certain charisma in the way he made his decisions and acted. While he was cruel and sadistic, he did it with flair and held true to the Red Lotus way. Plus, he went out like a boss: putting his hat over his head and fading away in the torrent of souls within Pride's philosopher's stone. :cool:
all good points. I also liked in Brotherhood that they better explained why human transmutation is taboo, instead of how in FMA it created the homunculus.

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
all good points. I also liked in Brotherhood that they better explained why human transmutation is taboo, instead of how in FMA it created the homunculus.
I agree xd
I hated Sloth in the first anime, as well. I didn't see the connection with the sin.

In general, the Brotherhood Homunculus are far better than the FMA Homunculus.

gamahiro

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
FMA is incredible. Watch both and read it. Brotherhood is better than the original anime, but if you read it, then watch Brotherhood you'll be going through FMA withdrawals. That was my only complaint. It was too short.