Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do any of you know which one I should watch first?

They're both really good anyways, but supposedly FMAB is wayyyyyy better.
But if if start watching FMAB first, will I be missing out on the story or anything? Like I started watching a season 2 before I watch season 1.

Edit: Since I'm getting so many different opinions.
I'm willing to watch both FMAB and FMA, so if you take that in consideration which one should I start watching or does it still not matter?

Last edited:

Cunning Linguist

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd go FMA first. FMAB is the way the story was supposed to be told, but they start the same for about the first 5 episodes then FMA goes in a way different direction. FMA is probably more emotional but FMAB is much better overall

UltimateHawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do any of you know which one I should watch first?

They're both really good anyways, but supposedly FMAB is wayyyyyy better.
But if if start watching FMAB first, will I be missing out on the story or anything? Like I started watching a season 2 before I watch season 1.
Damn the same happened to me MAGI i start from kingdom of magic but after 5 episodes i figured it out(i had no idea that it was the second season)

Reactions: Tera Path

Naoya Minato

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You should only watch Full Metal Alchemist not Brotherhood
Why? Brotherhood is by far superior. FMA itself isn't bad, but Brotherhood brought it to a whole different level.

Brotherhood is the original manga adaption. The original Fullmetal Alchemist is an original take on the story. It doesn't matter in what order you watch it.

Edit: The dubbed version of FMA (Brotherhood) is also brilliant. It's rare to see an anime with such a great english voice cast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tera Path

brownbear

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Imo you should watch brotherhood first.

Its a better story on several accounts.

1.its the original story(I was dissapointed when I first saw fma and realized it wasn't the mangas story)

2.animation is improved apon,not that fma dosent already have superb animation but what's wrong with improvement?

3.it does a much better job of explaining things that fma leaves untouched.

4. Bigger cast of characters.

5.no confusing follow up movie in an attempt to wrap the story up with a pink bow.

I hope this is helpful.

vasu 32

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA - Brotherhood is actually the real deal, which follows Manga throughout. FMA, on the other hand doesn't and often makes fillers in between. Though I would suggest you to watch both as both one was done on the basis of manga while other was done on the order of the author.