Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I watched both. The difference between the two is that the original Fullmetal Alchemist haves an anime only route while Brotherhood follows the respective manga truthfully.

Quanta

Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you're gonna watch both, go with FMA first. Brotherhood was so good it left me with little desire to rewatch the original anime, whereas I've rewatched Brotherhood 2 times.

Reactions: BLAZE

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone will tell you Brotherhood but I enjoyed FMA and thought it did a better job in the early bits explaining about their mom and them and their connection with Scar better. I think the one you watch first will be your favorite that's how it seems but watching Brotherhood after FMA felt like they were glossing over stuff in Brotherhood early on.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Both... I found FMA easy to understand/enjoy but Brotherhood follows manga closely which I haven't read so my opinion is not the popular one...

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
FMA:B since it follows the manga. Not to say that FMA is awful, still give both a try especially if you enjoyed FMA:B a lot.
Everyone will tell you Brotherhood but I enjoyed FMA and thought it did a better job in the early bits explaining about their mom and them and their connection with Scar better. I think the one you watch first will be your favorite that's how it seems but watching Brotherhood after FMA felt like they were glossing over stuff in Brotherhood early on.
Yeah ofc they would gloss over it since FMA already covered it.

Reactions: BLAZE

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMA:B since it follows the manga. Not to say that FMA is awful, still give both a try especially if you enjoyed FMA:B a lot.

Yeah ofc they would gloss over it since FMA already covered it.
That's not a good reason to gloss over details, not everyone will have watched the first or even read the manga before watching Brotherhood.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's not a good reason to gloss over details, not everyone will have watched the first or even read the manga before watching Brotherhood.
I agree and I didn't like how they did the first 1 episode +12 more or so, because of that part being common. But that's what we get when animators/mangkas try to keep people, who may have already watched the first version, happy and not make them wait too long for the new content.