[Discussion] FMA BROTHERHOOD! How strong was King Bradley?

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Bradley's definitely one of the upper tiers, and considering he could take down any one of those people in his old age, I shudder to imagine how strong he was in his prime.

Granted, there's still Father and Pride, just because they're that hax. But considering Bradley's abilities are much less supernatural than those of the other powerhouses in the series, he's very impressive. Bradley's easily one of the strongest, and it's amazing because all he needs is his insane speed and his precognition. He may not have any explosive firepower attacks, but when you've got a guy that can fight Greedling and Fu at the same time, get away in spite of losing his Ultimate Eye, speedblitz Mustang in spite of his injuries, and then still hold his own against Scar for a while? Those are some of the best feats in the series and I'd say that there are almost no good guys in the series that have any chance of soloing Bradley.

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Im being serious guys, I believe even in his old age, he would annihilate Pride, even after pride ate Gluttoney, Ed would get killled in a moment. I think he could only lose to Father.
Pretty sure that Pride is still stronger than Wrath, Pride has the advantage of regeneration and an insane amount of lives, Wrath doesn't. Wrath does have insane speed and it wouldn't be an instant win for Pride, but I just can't see Wrath managing the kill enough times to take down Pride. Not to mention that Pride has the massive advantage in firepower after eating Kimblee and Wrath has to be in close to do anything to him, which means Pride can most likely kill him eventually.

As for Ed, he was never anywhere near Pride or Wrath at their peaks. To be honest, none of the good guys except perhaps Hohenheim were. Ed obviously loses to Wrath because of speedblitz, but the only reason Ed took down Pride was because Pride's body was worn down by forcing Mustang to use human transmutation as well as Kimblee's interference at the end of the fight. Ed could never solo a full-power Pride to begin with.

Reactions: Hinata Loves Naruto
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Pretty sure that Pride is still stronger than Wrath, Pride has the advantage of regeneration and an insane amount of lives, Wrath doesn't. Wrath does have insane speed and it wouldn't be an instant win for Pride, but I just can't see Wrath managing the kill enough times to take down Pride. Not to mention that Pride has the massive advantage in firepower after eating Kimblee and Wrath has to be in close to do anything to him, which means Pride can most likely kill him eventually.

As for Ed, he was never anywhere near Pride or Wrath at their peaks. To be honest, none of the good guys except perhaps Hohenheim were. Ed obviously loses to Wrath because of speedblitz, but the only reason Ed took down Pride was because Pride's body was worn down by forcing Mustang to use human transmutation as well as Kimblee's interference at the end of the fight. Ed could never solo a full-power Pride to begin with.
I see what you mean, but Look at how he beat greed, He is incredibly fast and im speaking of Bradley in his prime, he said hes getting old. Using his ultimate eye. I can't even imagine how crazy he would be, and the only good guy on prides and maybe Wrath's level was Greed/ling, I think with his ultimate eye, Bradley would honestly be able to blitz pride Many times over while dodging and blocking his attacks, especially if he had the equipment he had when he fought the first greed, like 5 swords. Hohenheim was on prides level maybe too, I mean he probably couldn't kill pride, but id say he might win in a fight like he did

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I see what you mean, but Look at how he beat greed, He is incredibly fast and im speaking of Bradley in his prime, he said hes getting old. Using his ultimate eye. I can't even imagine how crazy he would be, and the only good guy on prides and maybe Wrath's level was Greed/ling, I think with his ultimate eye, Bradley would honestly be able to blitz pride Many times over while dodging and blocking his attacks, especially if he had the equipment he had when he fought the first greed, like 5 swords. Hohenheim was on prides level maybe too, I mean he probably couldn't kill pride, but id say he might win in a fight like he did
Wrath definitely has the speed advantage and it wouldn't surprise me if he got the first kill on Pride, but it'd be pretty difficult for him to put him down permanently just because of his insane regeneration and deadly powers. From the way they talked with each other it seemed as if Pride had higher authority as well, although that could just be because of age. As for Prime Wrath, it's hard to say since we never got to see anything of him. I would love to see a fight between Prime Wrath and Pride, Wrath in his old age was already incredibly strong and in his prime he would no doubt have better stamina and higher reflexes. I think that's a key reason why I have my doubts about old Wrath beating Pride, it would use up too much stamina for him to manage to take him out completely, but in his prime it could be different.

I could imagine Hohenheim beating Pride too, or at least holding his own for a good amount of time. I'd agree that he probably wouldn't be able to kill him, but with Al's help he did manage to imprison Pride and under the right circumstance he might even be able to do something like that on his own. Hohenheim's definitely one of the top contenders and the only thing holding him back is the fact that he didn't really get to show a lot until the very end, and even then it seemed a lot more skill-based than power-based.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Wrath definitely has the speed advantage and it wouldn't surprise me if he got the first kill on Pride, but it'd be pretty difficult for him to put him down permanently just because of his insane regeneration and deadly powers. From the way they talked with each other it seemed as if Pride had higher authority as well, although that could just be because of age. As for Prime Wrath, it's hard to say since we never got to see anything of him. I would love to see a fight between Prime Wrath and Pride, Wrath in his old age was already incredibly strong and in his prime he would no doubt have better stamina and higher reflexes. I think that's a key reason why I have my doubts about old Wrath beating Pride, it would use up too much stamina for him to manage to take him out completely, but in his prime it could be different.

I could imagine Hohenheim beating Pride too, or at least holding his own for a good amount of time. I'd agree that he probably wouldn't be able to kill him, but with Al's help he did manage to imprison Pride and under the right circumstance he might even be able to do something like that on his own. Hohenheim's definitely one of the top contenders and the only thing holding him back is the fact that he didn't really get to show a lot until the very end, and even then it seemed a lot more skill-based than power-based.
He never showed any signs of fatigue, so that isn't even debatable if you ask me, i mean he only showed fatigue signs after being fatally wounded by greed, Buccaneer and the Briggs soldier who shot him. And near the end of his fight with scar no less. Hohenheim is tough too

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
He never showed any signs of fatigue, so that isn't even debatable if you ask me, i mean he only showed fatigue signs after being fatally wounded by greed, Buccaneer and the Briggs soldier who shot him. And near the end of his fight with scar no less. Hohenheim is tough too
Well back when he encountered Ling when he took down Lan Fan, Ling managed to escape and Bradley mentioned that his age had worn him down quite a bit.

Speedwise there's no doubt that Bradley was much faster than Ling, so I'm pretty sure what it comes down to is his body's lack of stamina due to old age.

And killing Pride enough times to put him down permanently would probably require even more effort than his battles against them, not to mention that Pride's attacks pack a lot more power than any of theirs and if he actually gets a hit then Wrath can't just shrug it off. Both his shadows and Kimblee's alchemy could prove deadly against Wrath and even a single hit would be much harder to come back from than any of the attacks from Greedling or Scar.

Last edited:
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Well back when he encountered Ling when he took down Lan Fan, Ling managed to escape and Bradley mentioned that his age had worn him down quite a bit.

Speedwise there's no doubt that Bradley was much faster than Ling, so I'm pretty sure what it comes down to is his body's lack of stamina due to old age.

And killing Pride enough times to put him down permanently would probably require even more effort than his battles against them, not to mention that Pride's attacks pack a lot more power than any of theirs and if he actually gets a hit then Wrath can't just shrug it off. Both his shadows and Kimblee's alchemy could prove deadly against Wrath and even a single hit would be much harder to come back from than any of the attacks from Greedling or Scar.

I still say thats not true, Greedling and scar are very strong themselves, and the amount of endurance Bradley has is equal to that of a homunculus. I think he will take it, Especially if its Wrath vs Base pride without kimblee's alchemy + he cant even use said alchemy

Miles vi Britannia

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I still say thats not true, Greedling and scar are very strong themselves, and the amount of endurance Bradley has is equal to that of a homunculus. I think he will take it, Especially if its Wrath vs Base pride without kimblee's alchemy + he cant even use said alchemy
Greedling and Scar are both very powerful no doubt, but in terms of destructive strength as well as the sheer amount of effort required to actually pull a permanent kill, Pride is much harder to deal with than Greedling or Scar. There was never any doubt that Wrath could take down Greedling or Scar in a one on one fight, and the whole succession of battles itself definitely proved that. Problem with Pride is that Wrath would have to kill him an insane amount of times and it seems impossible that he'd somehow end up unscathed in spite of the fact that Wrath has to get in close range to kill Pride and could potentially get oneshotted by the shadows. Granted, Greedling also has the whole regeneration deal, but he has much less variety or sheer power to threaten Wrath.

As for the alchemy issue, I don't see why he couldn't use it. The only reason he didn't get to was because of story restrictions. He definitely had the knowledge, but after forcing Mustang to use human transmutation, Pride was restricted on pretty much everything so he wouldn't be capable of using it by that point. And of course, it goes without saying that Wrath stomps a post-transmutation Pride.

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Greedling and Scar are both very powerful no doubt, but in terms of destructive strength as well as the sheer amount of effort required to actually pull a permanent kill, Pride is much harder to deal with than Greedling or Scar. There was never any doubt that Wrath could take down Greedling or Scar in a one on one fight, and the whole succession of battles itself definitely proved that. Problem with Pride is that Wrath would have to kill him an insane amount of times and it seems impossible that he'd somehow end up unscathed in spite of the fact that Wrath has to get in close range to kill Pride and could potentially get oneshotted by the shadows. Granted, Greedling also has the whole regeneration deal, but he has much less variety or sheer power to threaten Wrath.

As for the alchemy issue, I don't see why he couldn't use it. The only reason he didn't get to was because of story restrictions. He definitely had the knowledge, but after forcing Mustang to use human transmutation, Pride was restricted on pretty much everything so he wouldn't be capable of using it by that point. And of course, it goes without saying that Wrath stomps a post-transmutation Pride.
He shouldn't be able to use it since we are not aware of if Humunculus are able to use alchemy. I still think with his ulimate eye though, Bradley could take any form of pride, he is on an unparrareled level as it seems. and Greed Could perhaps take Pride I think