Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

My other thread was on a build recommended to me by a friend, while I did this one on my own after a bit of research, could you guys give me your thoughts on how to improve it, and lower the price a bit,

here are the specs for those of you who dont want to click the link, im not sure about cooling, should i go with the stock, buy fans, or have it water cooled?

CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core $229.98
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z87 ATX LGA1150 $179.99
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $94.99
Storage Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD $129.99
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 $349.99
Case NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower $79.99
Power Supply Corsair 550W ATX12V / EPS12V $39.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $88.98

Total: $1193.90

Lyke

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
what langiage is this? I only know one phrase in that language: intel core i3

I'd recommend the AMG GTX C63 780TI V8 Biturbo Turbocharged Radeon

Last edited by a moderator:

Nooby Kyuubi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, since you have the unlocked processor I'm assuming you're going to overclock a fair bit. CM 212 should be good enough. Nice build btw.

Ebi..

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, since you have the unlocked processor I'm assuming you're going to overclock a fair bit. CM 212 should be good enough. Nice build btw.
Yes I'm thinking about it later on, but not as of right now, and ill check that one out thanks

Actually, it doesn't mention i3 anywhere in the OP...
thought it was trolling so ignored it, also to lyke please dont double post

Lyke

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually, it doesn't mention i3 anywhere in the OP...
What a coincidence that I have an i3 in a Laptop I bought 3 years ago and therefore know it. Have you read Tokyo Ghoul Mang? If not.. One pffensive word and I'll end it for you..

Haven't watched/read it myself but read the ending just to spoil it to the people like you. heheheh

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobiramen

Nooby Kyuubi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes I'm thinking about it later on, but not as of right now, and ill check that one out thanks

thought it was trolling so ignored it, also to lyke please dont double post
I tweaked your a little bit to save some bucks. You're going to install Windows from USB since you don't have a disc drive, correct? Also, are you going to buy a hard drive down the line? Because those 240gb will go by fast.

Ebi..

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well i was deciding between usb or buying a disc drive,since i'm buying it in parts, will buy 4 things at once and 2 weeks later the rest, and i might include a drive then, as to for a hard drive, im waiting for more deals to come so i can get it dirt cheap.

edit: saw your build, liked that the price went down 40 bucks but, that yellow color on that mobo >_>

Last edited:

Nooby Kyuubi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well i was deciding between usb or buying a disc drive,since i'm buying it in parts, will buy 4 things at once and 2 weeks later the rest, and i might include a drive then, as to for a hard drive, im waiting for more deals to come so i can get it dirt cheap.

edit: saw your build, liked that the price went down 40 bucks but, that yellow color on that mobo >_>
Yeah black friday and cyber monday should have some great deals, so I'd hold out until then.

Netferarri

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You should buy a good aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock, water coolers are nice but I don't really see the point unless ur overvolting your processor to the extreme to gain high overclocks which generates intense heat. the newer processors heat less due to their newer architecture (the 28nm chips to be precise) I had an old core 2 quad q6700 which I overclocked to 3.6ghz on a normal cooler, temps were idle at 43 most the time and those processors were built on older tech, People can get a 4.2 ghz on your processor with a slight voltage increase on air. A good aftermarket cooler would be fine and sufficient. But anyways if you wish to water cool for extreme overclocking, then do so.

Your build is nice tbh.

Last edited:

Netferarri

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah that too, depends on how hot your room temp gets in the summer. Unless you keep ur pc outside or something, which I doubt you do. LMAO. In that case water cooling is nice. Especially if your overclocking.