Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
of the Sand stands patiently at the training fields. He had received word that Crutch would totur him in Katon release.

This was good news, Gaara had been searching for a new Sensei for quite some time now. Standing in the field, he looks around taking in his surroundings. Nothing seemed out of order, nothing worth noting. Few trees scattered around, occasional bolder embedded into the ground here and there, a medium size lake a few hundred meters to his right.

This is a excellent place to train Gaara thought to himself, as he awaited the world renown Crutch Kaguya.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Since this is your first lesson in fire before I teach you techs you'll need to tell me some things.

The first thing that you will need to do is explain the fire element to me in YOUR OWN WORDS. I would like you to tell me the basic strengths and weaknesses of the element, how these strengths and weaknesses can be used to your advantage or your disadvantage, what the fire element personifies to you, and why you find the fire element interesting or if you don't find it interesting, why you have that opinion. And basically anything else you want to say about fire relevant to the training and RP.

We'll discuss it then move on to the techniques afterward.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1.) Basic strengths and weaknesses of the element:
Katon nature itself seems to be one of the more accurately portrayed natures to real life. That being said, obviously it is strong against Futon as air only fuels the fire. On the other hand that also makes it weak to Suiton as water will drown flames. I would say more neutral with Doton I'll explain more in the next point on that. I don't imagine it is really weak against Raiton but they can coincide to affect the weather.

2.) How these strengths and weaknesses can be used to your advantage or your disadvantage:
Futon: I could send a wave of wind behind fire jutsus to increase the fires strength. Or I could use fire to crash into wind jutsus my opponent has used and carry on at a lesser rank. Of course strong enough wind can blow out lesser flames.

Suiton: With water I would imagine like real life it drowns fire, but with higher ranked fire it could cause the water to burst into steam or even boil for another use.

Doton: Well, it can be used to superheat and melt down earth\rock into lava. But enough earth\mud\dirt can always smother a fire too.

3.) What the fire element personifies to you? Why you find the fire element interesting or why you don't?
Eh, I realize that the Katon Nature is a big part of our Narutoverse. Many KG depend on this nature. It has never really interested me to much. Fire type attacks are used a lot in other things. It has always felt sorta played out to me, used in video games, as superhero powers, books, just fantasy in general. That being said...I need to master the basic 5, and I wanna learn Katon release so I'll be prepared when the Fire Nation attacks.

Last edited:

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The fundamentals of the element are okay, but if you don't understand what the element stands for you'll never be able to transform your chakra into it. You'll never be able to control it.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, What does Katon personify to me?

When I think of Fire in general, it is usually associated with rage, anger, and pain. If you think about it, it's common to relate fire to anger or rage. Even in anime or american cartoons, fire is shown in the eyes of angry characters. Fire also introduces fear as it burns what it touches. Many fear the flame knowing the pain it brings when touched.

On the other side it can provide hope, fire is used for so much of our lives in NW or IRL. Cooking food, providing warmth, melting down metals. Without it, we would all be cavemen still.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That explanation was much better. Now you need to begin using your fire chakra at a smaller scale so you can develop control over it before you begin with jutsu. This is one basic way to help strengthen your fire chakra control. Hold a candle in your hands. The candle tip is already lit and there is a small flame on it. Focus your fire chakra into the candle tip, and breathe in and breathe out. When you inhale bring your fire chakra back into yourself, when you exhale release the fire chakra into the tip of the candle. This will help you use fire in a calm manner so you don't lose control. The fire on the candle should change accordingly with your breathing. If can both control your breathing and the flame, you will be skilled enough to begin performing more advanced feats.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Holding the lit candel, i begin concentrating on the flame as i mold my chakra. I bring my breathing to a steady
rhythm , inhale, exhale, and inhale, exhale.

I repeat the process while slowly mixing a chakra flow into the rhythm sending it out to the candle tip with each exhales. While having it retreat with each inhale. With time the flame begins to grow larger as i manipulate it on exhale to grow. I continue to pull my chakra back with each inhale to prevent lose of control. After some time, im able to manipulate the size of the flame with ease.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is how I will train you: I will first post the technique and the describe it in my own words, and then state a few sentences about the usefulness of the technique both offensively and defensively. I would like you to respond by by telling me:

- how you would perform the technique in battle
- how you will use the technique offensively
- how you can defend against the tech
- whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting

I would like a few sentences for each point or a few bullets. Whatever you prefer. I'll be going at 2 to 3 techniques per post to keep the training moving. But I may do one technique a post for certain techs I feel deserve them.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Ryu Kaen Bakufuu ) - Dragon Flame Blitz
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user shoots balls of fire at the opponent.

( Katon: Komakai Kaki ) - Fire Release: Small Fire
Type: Offense
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: The user spews a small fireball.

These two techniques are almost exactly the same so I'll go over them at the same time. The technique is only short range and is only D-rank so it won't provide much use in battle but it is necessary to learn more advanced adaptions of the jutsu. Remember how you focused fire chakra when you breathed in and breathed out. This is where that comes into play. You must focus your fire chakra in your stomach while inhaling and concentrating the fire chakra. Then when you exhale move the fire chakra from your stomach into your eso****us then finally into your mouth where you shape it into a fire ball. Then release it out while maintaining the spherical shape so you don't lose control of the fire. This is the most basic basic fire ball technique you can learn. It can be used against D-rank wind and countered with D-rank water. Not much use but a needed stepping stone.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How you will you use the technique:
I begin focusing chakra to my stomach, while inhaling a deep breathe. Using nature manipulation, I change the chakra to a Katon nature, once I've gathered the needed fire chakra. I begin to exhale, as the fire enters my mouth I use shape manipulation to form the shape of a fireball. Without losing shape I exhale the air in my lungs while forcing the fireball out like a small weak rocket.

How you would use the technique offensively:
Not much offensive power in these fireballs, they seem good for counter low rank wind.

How you can defend against the technique:
Like you said, small amount of water would suffice. Or anything of higher rank esentially.

Whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting:
I don't find these jutsus particularly interesting, they seem good for starting a small fire to toast marshmellows on though.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Kaen Shuriken Ranbu ) - Blazing Shuriken Dance
Description: The user will throw several shuriken at the enemy and then inflames them with fire to cause extra damage.

This jutsu is somewhat simple and tricky in its usage. You can see that the range of this technique says short but it can indeed be used to hit an opponent at mid range. Why is that? Because a ninja is capable of throwing a shuriken up to mid range. But the key this to remember is that this is not the shuriken's range but the range of the fire. So when you throw the shuriken you focus fire chakra in your stomach and release it out short range from you. You release small blasts of fire instead of one fire ball like the previous jutsu, the small blasts hit the shuriken in short range thus inflaming them. The shuriken can then still go up to mid range. But any shuriken not in short range cannot be flamed. This jutsu can be further power with Rotating Shuriken to make a more lethal offensive combo by producing a wind/fire shuriken. This technique can obviously be blocked with anything that can push shuriken away, the simplest of which would be a stronger fire ball or wind blast.

( Katon: Kasumi Enbu no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Mist Blaze Dance Technique
Type: Offense/Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Tiger, the user is able to create and blow a flammable gas from their lungs. Once it comes in contact with fire or sparks, the gas ignites into a large fireball.

This jutsu requires three hand seals. Instead of actually creating the fire chakra, the user focus fire chakra in their lungs and maintains it in a gaseous state allowing it to take the form of gas. The user then breathes the gas out of their out and once it is release it is just gas. This ther were this technique is double edged. You can ignite the gas with a lighter and cause the technique to become a fire ball of D-rank but you opponent can also ignite the gas and cause it to explode in your face. I would recommend using this then using a wind jutsu to push the gas toward your opponent before igniting it so that it doesn't explode, or just using a tech that creates a fire ball directly. Just use water to stop the fire ball and wind to push away the mist.

Keep these in mind, they are basic versions of more advanced jutsu.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
  • How you would perform the technique in battle: I begin focusing chakra to my stomach, while inhaling a deep breathe. Using nature manipulation, I change the chakra to a Katon nature, once I've gathered the needed fire chakra. I throw a couple shurikens towards midrange. I begin to exhale, as the fire enters my mouth I use shape manipulation to form the shape of a fireball. Without losing shape I exhale the air in my lungs while forcing the fireball out like a small weak rocket that hits 2 of the shuriken making them ingulfed in flame.
  • How you will use the technique offensively: Exactly as it states, essentially to increase the the damage of basic shuriken. I would also try and quickly shot a gust of wind at the shurikens after enflaming them. To make the flames bigger and the speed greater.
  • How you can defend against the tech: A strong gust of wind, water stream, doton shield, or large fireball jutsu.
  • Whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting:
  • Eh, its a good starting move for fun. Doesn't seem particularly formidable.

• How you would perform the technique in battle: I begin molding fire chakra in my lungs, using nature manipulation I leave it in a gas state however. After I've created enough gas, I make 3 hand seals and blow the gas out to short range. With a fluid motion I wave my hand creating a gust of futon to carry the gas out to midrange away from me.
  • How you will use the technique offensively: I could use this and then blow it out with wind, so that if my opponent tries to use Katon it will explode damaging them.
  • How you can defend against the tech: Most likely futon to blow the gas back towards the user.
  • Whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting: Actually I do find this one interesting, it has good offensive and defensive uses.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
( Katon no Jutsu ) - Fire Release Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will release a small but powerful flame of fire at their opponent.

Remember the first two techniques? This technique is basically the same exact thing except with one large difference. It is mid-range. Yeah, I know. It's still D-rank so it's not that useful but as you can see. The basics do eventually work their way into more advanced techniques. The same as you did before inhale and gather fire chakra in your stomach, then as you exhale release the fire chakra out of your mouth. You can similarly use this to combat D-rank wind or cancel out C-rank wind and you can overpower this technique with almost any water technique since even D-rank water is stronger than D-rank fire.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I begin focusing chakra to my stomach, while inhaling a deep breathe. Using nature manipulation, I change the chakra to a Katon nature, once I've gathered the needed fire chakra. I begin to exhale, as the fire enters my mouth I use shape manipulation to form pure fire like a flamethrower.

For a quick effective way to block C rank wind jutsus.

Cancel it out with C rank wind, or any water jutsu.

Eh generic basic fire, they have their uses just the same.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Welcome to the C-rank fire techniques.

( Katon: Shōkasou ) - Fire Release: Small Fire Stream
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user will create a small short flame at the opponent. This flame is capable of making the target collapse due to the heat of the technique. This technique requires no handseals.

As stated, the most beneficial face about this technique is that is requires no hand seals. The user simply focuses their fire chakra in their stomach and continues to move it up into their mouth and release it continuously to give it the form of a stream. You have to make sure that you evenly release the fire out of your mouth so that the stream does not lose control and burn your face by accident. The saddest part about this technique is that it is only short range. As such it cannot be used to affect you opponent unless you are close to them. But this is an excellent technique to use in short range to combine with hand to hand combat as you can attack your opponent then suddenly catch them off guard by breathing fire onto their face. To defend against it just get out of range for simplicity, or overpower the technique with some water blast jutsu.

(Katon: Gōkakyū no Jutsu ) - Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Type: Offense
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the necessary hand seals Snake → Ram → Monkey → Boar → Horse → Tiger, a ninja inhales air, and utilizing a large amount of fire chakra, spews a large fireball from their mouth after blowing through a ring made by the thumb and index finger of the user, incinerating everything in range. The fireball ignites externally.

Another advanced version of one of the D-ranks but this is somewhat of a weaker fireball as well as there are stronger techniques that achieve the same purpose except with higher power and less hand seals. As you can see this technique requires a whopping 6 hand seals for a simple C-rank fire ball. The same way as before, inhale air bringing it in to your stomach, and focus your fire chakra there. Then move the fire chakra into your mouth and create ring by putting your index finger and your thumb together. Breathe the fire through the fire to maintain the shape of the fire. The ring is used to help you bring the chakra together so that the fire does not disperse and maintains the shape of a ball. That is the most important concept of the technique as once it is release you are no longer performing it, but with streams you must maintain it. You cause use this technique to defeat wind techniques of the same rank or cancel out with one rank higher, and counter it with a stronger water jutsu.

Gaara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I begin focusing and molding chakra in my stomach, once I've built up a solid amount, I begin to exhale from my stomach while using nature manipulation to change the chakra into pure fire. I exhale outwards in a even stream of fire similar to before, the stream resembles a flamethrower.

During short range battle, the closer you are the better I would say.

Like you said, getting out of range of the attack.

I actually find this one very useful, quick, no handseals and easy to use.

I begin by inhaling and focusing chakra to my stomach again. After molding a sufficient amount, I begin exhaling, while exhaling I bring my finger and thumb up to my mouth in the form of a circle. I manipulate the chakra into Katon nature and exhale outwards in the form of a fireball.

To counter wind jutsu a rank higher.

With a strong water jutsu.

Whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting:\
Not really, seems like another generic fire jutsu.

Crutch Kaguya

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Come up with a bit more creative uses. Your current explanations are rather unenthusiastic. I understand these are simple techs, but for an element such as fire these simple techs are what build up to higher levels techs so you need to have precise understanding of how they work. I'll start making you re-do them from now on forth. This was sort of a warning but only if you continue with such responses.

( Katon: Kimuchi Amura ) - Fire Release: Wall of Flames
Type: Supplementary/Defence
Chakra cost: 15
Description: The user first throws out a lighter that has an open flame.The user the turns the flame into a wall of fire used for protection or to burn small objects thrown towards him. This jutsu can be used with Hurricane Fist to create a combo jutsu.

This jutsu requires you to take out a lighter, it does not requires any hand seals, because of it's use of a supplementary prop. The user adds their fire chakra to the flames of the lighter to amplify the fire in the lighter to cause the flame to form a wall of fire in front of them. This is used mostly as a defensive jutsu. This jutsu in itself has no offensive uses other than perhaps throwing a lighter at your opponent in close range but as a have shown you previously, there are better jutsu for that same purpose as they don't require a lighter. Now this technique can be used offensive if used in conjunction with a wind technique Hurricane Fist. Hurricane Fist will move in the same direction as the wall of flames and envelop to form a twister of flames. This will allow the tech to go up to mid range while normally if can only go to short. If this jutsu is used against you, then you can over power it with a water technique, if you opponent uses's the combination, then use a much stronger water technique or use that water/wind technique that is B-rank.

( Katon: Hibashiri ) - Fire Release: Running Fire
Type: Attack
Range: Short-Mid
Description: After performing the Tiger hand seal by utilizing their fire chakra, the user will create a stream of fire that can be manipulated into several forms (rings of fire that runs on the ground or a circle of fire flying through the air) before striking the target. It can also be used in combination with a suitable wind technique to release a massive inferno.

The user will focus their fire chakra while molding it with the tiger hand seal. The user will then release a stream of fire that spreads across the ground so that it forms a circle or a ring in the air, or the ground. You can similarly power up this technique with a wind jutsu the same as you can with the above. Except this technique is able to reach up to mid range without the need of any aid which is helpful. You can use this technique offensive to perhaps create a ring around the opponent to trap them in the center then follow up with another technique aimed to hit inside the ring. If this jutsu is used against you then just use a water technique that can cover the ground in water so it puts out the fire immediately.