RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone said this was a great anime. I decided to watch it because of a clip I saw of Mustang snap firing Envy's ass, I thought it was looked awesome. Lets just say I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. It really is a great one. I binged it and thats 64 episodes so I may not remember everything I wanted to say.

• Very interesting from the start. Usually anime take a certain time to get into them like maybe the 20th episode. Since its so short I guess it only makes sense.
  • There was no Netero or Yamamoto of this anime. Maybe if you count Bradley but he was a bad guy, I always look for those leader types who are crazy strong but there wasnt any in this anime.
  • Hughes death :( - Sad, he was a great character and I was surprised by his death. But he went out great, totally showed his intelligence.
  • Nina's Story - Pretty damn tragic. I love this anime for taking a minor character and making them big through the main character's resolve. Nina's story was small but Ed and Al never forgot about her.
  • 7 Sins
    Lust - Maybe died too early? I thought she was a good female villain, maybe her character could have been expanded upon.
    Greed - Just awesome. Favorite sin and one of my favorite characters. I didnt think he was going to be such a major character when he first came on but I still liked him alot and am glad he was a major part.
    Wrath - Epic. Man had an eye patch, nuff said.
    Gluttony - He seemed very innocent when he wasnt in monster mode. Like when he traveled with Al but then Pride came lol.
    Envy - Ugly ass second form. Real form had an innocent voice.
    Sloth - Bulky ass tank.
    Pride - Cool abilities. I am glad Selim was reborn in a way to be an innocent child.
  • I liked how the goal of the main characters had nothing to do with becoming stronger, they wanted their bodies back. There was no training arc which I loved.
  • Power scale was pretty even across the board. Even minor characters were shown to be great fighters like La Fan and Foo. No one was overly above anyone else except for Father and the sins.
  • The Ed's short run on got a little annoying so thankfully that was lessened towards the end.
  • Everyone mistaking Al for the Fullmetal Alchemist was funny though because of Al's reaction.
  • The constant 'Teacher' and 'Brother' got annoying but I am guessing its because I watched the Dub instead of the sub where they probably said 'Sensei' and 'Ani-chan'?
  • While it had fighting thankfully it was not very flashy but flashy enough. A lot of it was contained to certain abilities like earth creation and such. Abilities didnt differ much among the Alchemists and a lot of the strong people werent even Alchemists.
  • Surprisingly I wasnt a big fan of any of the openings and ending except for the first opening. I love the part where the beat picks up and it shows Ed's arm and leg disappearing, Al's whole body and then Winry just doing whatever lol.
  • When Drachma appeared I thought there was about to be some epic battle but they got fodderized LOL.
  • I am glad Mr.Tiger survived. Epic when he bit right into Kimblee's neck. Wrecked.
  • Roy Mustang was just awesome. The Flame alchemist is a total win.
  • It was interesting how we later found out why Ed was so short, I liked the reasoning as some nutrients were being used to keep Al's body alive. I liked how they were connected.
  • Very dark themes overall like right from the start with human transmutation and then the Ishvall War.

10/10 anime would definitely recommend a watch.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everyone said this was a great anime. I decided to watch it because of a clip I saw of Mustang snap firing Envy's ass, I thought it was looked awesome. Lets just say I wasn't disappointed in the slightest. It really is a great one. I binged it and thats 64 episodes so I may not remember everything I wanted to say.

• Very interesting from the start. Usually anime take a certain time to get into them like maybe the 20th episode. Since its so short I guess it only makes sense.
  • There was no Netero or Yamamoto of this anime. Maybe if you count Bradley but he was a bad guy, I always look for those leader types who are crazy strong but there wasnt any in this anime.
  • Hughes death :( - Sad, he was a great character and I was surprised by his death. But he went out great, totally showed his intelligence.
  • Nina's Story - Pretty damn tragic. I love this anime for taking a minor character and making them big through the main character's resolve. Nina's story was small but Ed and Al never forgot about her.
  • 7 Sins
    Lust - Maybe died too early? I thought she was a good female villain, maybe her character could have been expanded upon.
    Greed - Just awesome. Favorite sin and one of my favorite characters. I didnt think he was going to be such a major character when he first came on but I still liked him alot and am glad he was a major part.
    Wrath - Epic. Man had an eye patch, nuff said.
    Gluttony - He seemed very innocent when he wasnt in monster mode. Like when he traveled with Al but then Pride came lol.
    Envy - Ugly ass second form. Real form had an innocent voice.
    Sloth - Bulky ass tank.
    Pride - Cool abilities. I am glad Selim was reborn in a way to be an innocent child.
  • I liked how the goal of the main characters had nothing to do with becoming stronger, they wanted their bodies back. There was no training arc which I loved.
  • Power scale was pretty even across the board. Even minor characters were shown to be great fighters like La Fan and Foo. No one was overly above anyone else except for Father and the sins.
  • The Ed's short run on got a little annoying so thankfully that was lessened towards the end.
  • Everyone mistaking Al for the Fullmetal Alchemist was funny though because of Al's reaction.
  • The constant 'Teacher' and 'Brother' got annoying but I am guessing its because I watched the Dub instead of the sub where they probably said 'Sensei' and 'Ani-chan'?
  • While it had fighting thankfully it was not very flashy but flashy enough. A lot of it was contained to certain abilities like earth creation and such. Abilities didnt differ much among the Alchemists and a lot of the strong people werent even Alchemists.
  • Surprisingly I wasnt a big fan of any of the openings and ending except for the first opening. I love the part where the beat picks up and it shows Ed's arm and leg disappearing, Al's whole body and then Winry just doing whatever lol.
  • When Drachma appeared I thought there was about to be some epic battle but they got fodderized LOL.
  • I am glad Mr.Tiger survived. Epic when he bit right into Kimblee's neck. Wrecked.
  • Roy Mustang was just awesome. The Flame alchemist is a total win.
  • It was interesting how we later found out why Ed was so short, I liked the reasoning as some nutrients were being used to keep Al's body alive. I liked how they were connected.
  • Very dark themes overall like right from the start with human transmutation and then the Ishvall War.

10/10 anime would definitely recommend a watch.
FMAB... is good but the first episode doesn't follow the manga story line and kind of puts a minor discrepancy which is NOT in the manga... And first 1--13 episodes were too rushed( I guess because since early story was already covered in first edition of the anime before) ...Otherwise the story is fun. <3 Edward <3 Roy <3 the housewife Izumi

Last edited:

Ghost in the Shell

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
FMAB... is good but the first episode doesn't follow the manga story line and kind of puts a minor discrepancy which is NOT in the manga... And first 1--13 episodes were too rushed( I guess because since early story was already covered in first edition of the anime before) ...Otherwise the story is fun. <3 Edward <3 Roy <3 the housewife Izumi
Those episodes were rushed because a lot of the material that went on during that time period was already covered by Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 to my knowledge. I don't think that the creators wanted to make the reboot redundant relative to FMA 2003.

Anyways, nice post, Paws. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is my favorite anime next to Ghost in the Shell. I would recommend FMA 2003 to you as well, in my opinion it's very good, but it could have been great like FMAB if it weren't for the ending being a little disappointing. I'll warn you that the latter half of the story in it is not canon due to the development of the anime outpacing the development of the manga. It's still better than most anime out there. FMAB >>> FMA 2003 >>>> Naruto imo. Also, Lust is way cooler and more developed as a character in FMA 2003.

I really like the first and last openings of FMAB, especially the last.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those episodes were rushed because a lot of the material that went on during that time period was already covered by Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 to my knowledge. I don't think that the creators wanted to make the reboot redundant relative to FMA 2003..
Hmmm So you quoted me while rephrasing what I pointed at...

Illyasviel

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's an ok anime,entertaining and with some cool characters.But I wouldn't put it in #1 as so many people do,I really expected more and in the moment
Hughes
died I thought it will be as good as people say.But then some of the characters actions,at least for me,left much to be desired and some deaths were really unsatisfying.

<3 Edward <3 Roy <3 the housewife Izumi
It was so disappointing
Roy didn't die z.z

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's an ok anime,entertaining and with some cool characters.But I wouldn't put it in #1 as so many people do, I really expected more and in the moment
Hughes
died I thought it will be as good as people say.But then some of the characters actions,at least for me,left much to be desired and some deaths were really unsatisfying.
There is no such thing as perfect but you should check out the manga if you haven't already. It's worth it. The anime starts differently and even when it follows the manga early episodes are accelerated in the anime. So they either left out some portion or went through it too fast to leave any impact -that includes the part you are referring to.

It was so disappointing
Roy didn't die z.z
>_> No it wasn't. I love the guy and glad that it didn't happen. :p

Last edited:

Illyasviel

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no such thing as perfect but you should check out the manga if you haven't already. It's worth it. The anime starts differently and even when it follows the manga early episodes are accelerated in the anime. So they either left out some portion or went through it too fast to leave any impact -that includes the part you are referring to.

>_> No it wasn't. I love the guy and glad that it didn't happen. :p
Maybe someday,I usually don't read the manga because I enjoy anime more.Only if I really can't wait to find something out(AoT ._.)
I guess Roy was pretty ok,Scar though >_<'

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was so disappointing
Roy didn't die z.z
.... Really? I love his character and he formed a good combo with you know who. We already lost someone important early on (which you already mentioned), it'd be a shame to lose him now.

OT: I agree with a majority of your points, especially with the series handling dark themes well and how it took a different approach than most shonens. The soundtrack is excellent :cool::

[video=youtube;_scbziJUEog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_scbziJUEog[/video]

Last edited: