Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Where does one find meaning? Do we even need meaning in life? Meaning itself, in theory, is a transient ethereal entity. We set goals, often unrealistic, which cause emotional suffering. We tell ourselves we "should be" or we "ought to be" something else without finding meaning in the uncontrollable variables of our life. We feel that meaning is something that can be controlled, but that is an illusion. Existence is uncontrollable for those extant. Each moment of the present has the potential to have unequivocal importance, just as the moment before and the moment after. Searching beyond the present moment negates our existence and meaning as everything that exists before that moment is a memory, and everything that will happen after is a dream.

But what if the present moment is unpleasant? Meaning never implies good, but it has often been arbitrarily attributed to a positive nature. Meaning, by definition is, what is intended to be, or what actually is. Meaning, by definition is, the present moment. It is the most accurate depiction of reality our life can have. Memories of the past can be skewed or misinterpreted. Dreams of the future have not occurred. What actually is, is the present. It can be sensed by all spheres. Even if our perception of the present moment differs from another, it is meaningful to the individual in that exact moment.

So to find meaning be present in each moment of your life as it happens.

Reactions: AnimusOra

The Sach

Legendary
Kin
41💸
Kumi
4,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Meaning of life is living through all the emotions, all the feelings and then left your name behind, when you are no longer alive.
Life is all about living through all the fragile moments and build something which is unforgettable.

Reactions: Kishi Uzumaki

Wolves

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We had this topic half a year in my philosophy class and came to the conclusion that eveyone has a different meaning, but what you said doesn't sound "wrong" as well. (Even though, there's no right or wrong in Philosophy, you get what I mean, right?)

I would answer with my meaning of life, but I'm tired of this. (Lol) We had 6 hours of Philosophy each week and even wrote an exam about it. But generally, this is a cool thing to talk about. Let's see what other members'll post. ^^

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We had this topic half a year in my philosophy class and came to the conclusion that eveyone has a different meaning, but what you said doesn't sound "wrong" as well. (Even though, there's no right or wrong in Philosophy, you get what I mean, right?)

I would answer with my meaning of life, but I'm tired of this. (Lol) We had 6 hours of Philosophy each week and even wrote an exam about it. But generally, this is a cool thing to talk about. Let's see what other members'll post. ^^
Of course perception is subjective. There are a thousand realities for every situation. I'm simply going off the actual definition of meaning. People misinterpret meaning, which causes suffering (of course by my definition, suffering is a part of meaning too if it's in the present moment), by attributing it to what could be instead of what actually is. People will state goals (i.e., accumulation of wealth, being healthy, creating a family, making the world a better place), which are fine unless it causes them to live in the future and not experience the present.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The point of life? To be happy and do something worthwhile with it. The great thing about this is that it can vary between people. Could be having a family, could be traveling the world, could be becoming famous, could be discovering something, could be devotion to God, whatever. The meaning of life is to give yours meaning.

scorezor

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
2,506💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Meaning of life is living through all the emotions, all the feelings and then left your name behind, when you are no longer alive.
Life is all about living through all the fragile moments and build something which is unforgettable.
well , this thread has been SOLO'ED

You must be registered for see images

Katkot

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As Muslims we believe in the one and only Creator Allah. He is the only One worthy of worship and has indeed created us for a purpose. He has sent many Messengers and Prophets to guide humanity to the straight path, with Muhammad (pbuh) being the Final Messenger and the Quran being the Final Revelation.

Allah says in the Quran that we were indeed created for a purpose beyond that of mere play and enjoyment.

“Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?”*(Quran 23:115)

Allah states that the reality of this life is one of deception and we should not fall for its temporary enjoyments.

“Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children – like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.” (Quran 57:20)

Allah assures us that the reality of this life is that each and everyone of us is being tested, and we will be brought back to our Lord in account for every deed we have performed, both the good and the bad.

“[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed – and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving.” (Quran 67:2)

Allah also teaches us that the purpose of life is to also worship Him alone without associating partners with Him. This does not necessarily mean praying 24 hours a day with our face planted on the ground, but rather live our lives in obedience to God in accordance with the moral code outlined in the Quran. This includes being kind to your parents, relatives, neighbours, the poor and the needy. It also means fuliflling the commands of God whether it is to perform the 5 daily prayers, pay the Zakat (Charity), fast the month of Ramadan and perform the Hajj (Pilgrimage).

“And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (Quran 51:56)

Karna

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just live in the present, right? No fantasizing, imagination and thinking doesn't hurt but always live in real time, don't get lost in your thoughts. Then you will find your meaning of life.

Kishi Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
1,725💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The past once have been present someday future will become the present as well so fight for a future dream and do everything you can do right now ( ofc when i said do everything, i said try to hurt less people as possible ) to bring it to the reality .

Last edited:

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Just live in the present, right? No fantasizing, imagination and thinking doesn't hurt but always live in real time, don't get lost in your thoughts. Then you will find your meaning of life.
The point of life? To be happy and do something worthwhile with it. The great thing about this is that it can vary between people. Could be having a family, could be traveling the world, could be becoming famous, could be discovering something, could be devotion to God, whatever. The meaning of life is to give yours meaning.
It's ok to be unhappy as well. Part of living in the moment is to fully experience all of life. We would be paradoxically unhappy if our life's goal is to be happy all the time. I agree though, meaning is subjective and for the individual; living fully in the moment is the best way to be a part of one's own life.