1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
<Last Part
<The Beginning

He had lost. Something I had never seen, and suddenly I felt guilty for wanting Andrew to win. Maybe if I had wished for a tie, nothing would’ve changed. The world would still revolve equally around the Sun and Moon. As I stood there shocked, Andrew would stand from his dominance over Fin whose face was still in shock and hold out his hand over him.

“You in,” he would ask Fin. Fin’s shock was dropped and replaced with the more awkward than gleeful smile he always had. His hand would reach up to Andrews and grab it, as Andrew pulled him up.

“Like I had a choice,” Fin would reply before he and Andrew would snicker like idiots.

Maybe, nothing had changed. Maybe the world was still going to revolve peacefully, in equilibrium before the two fellas.

“So, how are you going to start this,” Fin asked as he rubbed his jaw. I smiled at that, Andrew almost always got what he wanted and one person who always held him from doing that had been defeated.

Andrew would take a seat on the fountain and look up at us, making what he was about to say next carry more importance. I almost held my breath. “I have a mafia group already built,” he would say coolly. Fin would step back and I would step forward in shock.

“How’d you manage that,” I asked aloud.

“Why do you need us then,” Fin would follow. I answered his question.

“Where are his friends, dumbass.” He then shook his head.

“No shit Kimi. But,” he would look at Andrew who was just watching us, “you got yourself a group, then why do you need us when we can’t really do anything.” I didn’t say anything to counter that, Fin was right. Which was a thing about Fin, he tended to have more rational ideas and reasons for things. He was like the brain to this body of three.

Andrew would wave his hands away as though his point was baseless. “I’m inviting you guys to cause you guys are my friends. I wouldn't thrust you into the sudden danger of facing the Dollar without making sure we would have a chance,” he would say as if it was obvious. And I thought it was, Andrew would never make such a proclamation as such without thinking about us. I suddenly felt guilty that I didn't counter Fin’s argument, and promised that I would counter whatever his next was. Fin would stay silent though, he would stare at Andrew awaiting his next words.

“So, the mafia I’m in is called the Lotus. It’s made up of old police officers who think a mafia shouldn't rule, ex-Dollar members who just want the current leader to be taken down, and rookies like us who want to create a name for ourselves in the world. Currently what we need is information,” then looking directly at Fin, “and money. So we can fund training for our members, and weapons for them to use. We plan on stealing most of them, but we need to buy a few first. You get it,” he would ask after the lecture. I would pause slowly letting it all sink in. He really prepared. The amount of planning that took this really surprised me, I’d never taken Andrew as the master planner, but he never failed to surprise.

“So all you really need is me,” Fin would say out of the blue. Finally, my time to shine, I would've thought.

“N-no,” I would say faster than I had time to think up a counter to his argument. My brain would work fast thinking about what Andrew said. “He needs information too, so that’s why you asked us both, right Andrew!” Andrew would smile his beautiful smile as he would respond.

“Yea-,” but before he could continue, Fin would cut him off.

“Bullshit. You just needed to make it look like you need both of us. So you can make me join you-,” then Andrew would cut him off there.

“I already did.” Silence followed. Fin would rub his jaw. Then he would lift his hands up as if surrendering.

“Alright boss,” he would say in a mocking servile voice, then he would say to me, “Andrew’s very smart Kimi-- smarter than me.” Fin would turn around and walk off.

“We’ll be meeting at Lacin’s Gym,” Andrew would tell Fin. Fin would hold up his middle finger.

Another silence followed. I rubbed my neck awkwardly realizing it was just the two of us so I couldn't help but notice the fact that my shoes were dirty, painted with mud. Not to mention my socks too, I had gotten white ones too, but the dust from the park had gotten onto them. My hair felt messy, I couldn’t help but get the need to start fixing it. Oh no, my shirt was it too loose? Maybe he thinks I’m fat...

“It’s nothing,” Andrew would say out of the blue.

“Wha-,” I’d say, a little confused. Could he read my thoughts?

“You were thinking of Fin right? Well it’ll be fine, you know me and him fight all the time,” Andrew explained. I nodded a little ashamed of my thought.

“Ya-yeah…”

“Okay, so Lacin’s Gym, tomorrow. Okay?” I nodded a response. Andrew would wave and walk the opposite direction to Fin.

I’d look down a little disappointed that I wasted my only moment with Andrew. But would immediately lookup, determined that another opportunity better than this one would show itself.

You must be registered to see images
Hey! I plan on taking this story places. So commenting what you think would be appreciated.
Thx.​