Noobastank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've seen a few people around the base say things like "How can you hate a fictional character" Or "You do know that your arguing about fictional characters"

Now I assume many people say things like this to down play the passion others have for the series. Of coarse we all know the characters are fictional. we are all on this blog to discuss a fictional story so of coarse the characters will be fictional. for the people who use the "Fictional character" reference i just want to ask you something. Why did you register an account on a blogs ite about a fictional story if this is what your going to say when people talk about the characters? correct me if i am wrong but is that not what your supposed to do?

And every one has a favorite character. this is not looked down apon. but the moment someone makes a thread about some one they hate its "how can you hate a character thats fictional"

Character-/ˈkariktər/
Noun
The mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
The distinctive nature of something.

If you can see the definition of character you will understand why its logical to hate a fictional character. no one necessarily hate a fictional person because they are not real but you can hate their character. thats what manga is for anyways. characters are to be loved and hated thats why they all are different in the first place.

This is my opinion on the matter. what do you think? do you think its justified to feel certain feelings about characters though they are fiction? do you think its not justified to have certain feelings about characters? we all know characters are made so we can relate to them, but at what point do you think its too far if you dont think its justified

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Personally there are few characters I believe are worth being emotionally attached to. (Definitely none from manga or anime.) Only from classics, great works. Characters like Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment or Yossarian from Catch-22. They have to be deep, remarkable characters.

Jack Spicer

Legendary
Kin
21💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you think its justified to feel certain feelings about characters though they are fiction? Yes.

Do you think its not justified to have certain feelings about characters? No.

We all know characters are made so we can relate to them, but at what point do you think its too far if you dont think its justified. I guess trying to be the character or marrying them is too far, but to each their own. I don't care what other people do. I wouldn't do these things, but feel free too.

I feel attachemnts to characters. Some helped made me who I am today. They are apart of my life, you know?

Last edited:

Altaneen

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree completely, I've argued against people with that mentality a good few times.

If you look at any post with this anti hate idea there's always one hypocritical similarity...

That they mostly start with how they love "characternamehere" but then they move straight into
"......... but I can't imagine how people could hate "characternamehere" and that the idea of hating any fictional character is childish ect."

Last edited:

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its just like original shows in the U.S , the only difference is that we see it animated .... i love my characters & i get emotional with them it means the show its doing a good job .... # you're welcome