[Mystery] FF: Scooby Doo & Spiderman: Goblins' Gold (1)

Scooby Doo

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

&

You must be registered for see images

_____________________​

Goblins' Gold

New York. The Big Apple. An apple, rotten from the inside, being eaten by worms of crime. Thousands of crimes every single day. Theft, murder, rape- their rates are skyrocketing, reaching up higher than the skyscrapers, in shadows of which corruption breeds. An apple, poisoned by chemicals that the factories emit, including Oscorp. Similarly to that emission of bane flowing through the veins of society, the underworld produces thousands of criminals. In the 1970s, according to official statistics, the annual number of crimes peaked over a million. An apple, painted red by the bloodshed. But as crime evolved, so did justice. Evolution gave rise to superheroes, one of them being the Amazing Spiderman. Thanks to his devotion, crime rates have decreased by the end of the decade. However, the devil never sleeps…

„What a terrible traffic jam! We’ll be late!”- said Fred, as the Mystery Machine was slowly crawling up its way on the Brooklyn Bridge, heading towards Queens. „Why did we have to come just one day before the 4th of July?”- said he and smashed at the horn, as a Mercedes was trying to change lanes, blocking the road. Apparently, tension creeped higher in proportion with the summer heat.

„Because my old friend, Mary Jane has invited me and you guys to her play, in which she is debuting as a star.”- explained Daphne for like the hundredth time.

„I know. But the performance is about to start in half an hour.”- answered Fred.

„But still, we couldn’t let this opportunity slip. I haven’t seen her in ages! I think it was 4 years ago, when we both applied for a role in a musical. In the end, she got the role, and I was her substitute. Ever since then, I knew I wouldn’t make a career out of acting. But Mary Jane didn’t give up. She kept pursuing her dream. And look at where she is now!”- ranted Daphne with high spirits.

„My dream is to stuff my stomach at the banquet after the show!”- Shaggy licked his mouth.

„Me too!”- nodded Scooby.

„All you can ever think of is food!”- Daphne rolled her eyes.

„Now that you mention, I’ll eat the remaining sandwiches!”- and so Shaggy took the double-deckers out of the picnic bag, sharing it with Scooby Doo.

„Velma, you are so silent! Is something wrong?”- Daphne turned towards the brain of the gang.

„Hmm…Actually, I’m just reading the newspaper. The Oscorp was robbed last night and two security guards got killed. Witnesses reported to have seen the Green Goblin fyling away. Oscorp and the police refused to disclose any further information. However, the mystery is as follows: Green Goblin, also known as Norman Osborn, had been put to asylum by Spiderman himself. So who is the new Green Goblin?”- finished Velma.

„Mary Jane’s fiancé is actually the photographer of Spiderman, maybe we’ll find out more details!”- enthused Daphne.

„First we need to get there.”- sighed Fred, wiping off some sweat from his forehead. The Sun seemed to be consumed by the sea, as its orange disk was sinking down the horizon. Suddenly a shadow passed through the panorama. Fred, along with the other drivers put his head out of the window in amazement. „Look, guys! It’s Spiderman!”- pointed Fred at the figure that was swinging farther and farther by launching threads of web.

„Wow, we just saw the real thing!”- exclaimed Shaggy excitedly.

„Maybe he was rushing towards a crime scene.”- pondered Velma. In the meantime, the queue of vehicles was wiggling at a faster pace now. In an hour, they reached their destination: the theatre was performing The Doll’s House by Ibsen, Mary Jane featuring Nora Helmer. However, as they were late more than half an hour, they had to wait till the recess to take their seats. Thus, in the meantime Scooby and Shaggy assaulted the cafeteria, ravaging all the sandwiches. Velma and Daphne couldn’t apologize enough to the waiter, while Fred was scolding the punks. Their sheer appearance triggered rebuking looks from both the guards and the sophisticated audience, as the members of the gang were wearing their casual outfit. Not to mention the pain it took to get to their seats with a great dane dog.

In the end, the show was rewarded with a long applause, and Mary Jane was given several bouquets of flowers.

“I must make up my mind which is right – society or I.”- „That was my favourite line, dear!”- cited Daphne elegantly as she finally paved her way to Mary Jane through the even more elegantly dressed audience, and finally gave a warm welcoming hug to MJ, who has already changed her costumes.

„Daphne, dear! Oh my gosh!”- exclaimed Mary Jane Watson, returning the hug.- „I’m so glad you could come!”

„It’s been ages indeed. I’m so proud of you!”- said Daphne with a genuine tone.-„These guys are my friends: Shaggy, Velma, Scooby Doo and Fred.”- Daphne introduced the gang, members of which were waving hands with a broad smile on their faces.

„Society or I- that is the question. I like how you are thinking, Miss.”- said a man next to Daphne, interrupting the reunion.

„Ah, Peter, you’re here!”- Mary Jane shrieked, jumping in the arms of the young man. „Gang, this is Peter Parker, my fiance.”- MJ explained. „My tiger.”-she added blushingly, while Peter kissed her cheek swiftly yet gently at the same time. He seemed to be a man of strong will with a kind heart. „He is the famous photographer of Spiderman, you know”.- added MJ. This time it was Peter’s turn to blush, as he embarrasedly started playing with a button on his grey suit.

„Nice to meet you all.”-He finally added, shaking hands with the gang, in the order of their introduction. His handshake was that of an average man, or so it felt, albeit the suit seemed to hide a sporty figure. Maybe his kind heart adjusted the strength to match the skinny physique of Shaggy and the girls. Fred, however, thought to himself that this guy would definitely be able to defend his loved ones, had the circumstances demanded. Hence the nickname ’tiger’. „I’m not as famous as the main subject of my photos, though.” – Peter said, diverting Fred’s mind to focus on the conversation instead. As if Peter guessed his thoughts. Anyhow, there was something mysterious about Mary Jane’s fiance. It takes an extraordinay man to be Spiderman’s personal photographer, after all.

„Don’t sweat it, sweetheart.”- Mary Jane told Peter, embracing his right arm.

„Yeah, listen to Mary Jane. Not everyone can be a superhero, but we can all do our best to help others. You see, Peter, me and the guys often end up solving crime cases.” –joined in Fred.

„I wish we didn’t.”- cried Shaggy.

„Bow-wow!”- approved Scooby Doo.

„Ha ha ha, the only case you guys would like to solve ever, is the lunch case.”- Velma shook her head.

„And there is nothing wrong with it.”- humphed Shaggy.

„Yeah, nothing wrong.”- Scooby echoed.

„Take an example from Peter, guys. He risks his own life sometimes to inform the public about the heroic deeds of Spiderman.”- Fred advised his fellows.

„Thank you Fred, but the credits really go to Spiderman alone, I’m not really doing anything special.”- Peter humbly added.

„Yes, Spiderman is just great. He does his best to help society, even if his reputation is questioned by many.”- Velma furthered the thread of the discourse.

„Great power goes with great responsibility.”- Peter quietly murmured.

„What did you say, Peter?”- Mary Jane turned to her man.

„Oh nothing, I was just reminded of something an even greater hero said once.”

„An even greater hero than Spiderman? „ –Daphne wondered.

„Yes.”- Peter answered abruptly. He looked annoyed.

„Wow, I wish I could meet the person. Who was he?”- Daphne inquired.

„It’s impossible now.”- Peter’s countenance turned sad.

„Anyway, we’ve just seen Spiderman swaying in the air, on our way here.”- Fred spoke, realizing the awkwardness of the way the conversation was taking.

„Then you are luckier than me. I haven’t seen him in ages.”- Peter winked, deep inside being thankful for Fred’s tactfulness.

„When was the last time you looked in the mirror, Mr. Parker?”- a rusty voice suddenly asked from behind Peter. Mary Jane tightened her embrace of Peter’s arm, but he folded out, and quickly turned around to face the man the voice belonged to. There was something provocative and threateningly sinister about the tone of the questioner, but Peter wasn’t surprised or intimidated at all. As if his instincts prompted him to expect the appearance of this man.

„I’m just asking because there is some dirt on your shoulder.”- Kingpin, with his massive hand, dusted Peter’s shoulder. Peter didn’t stop him.- „It seems it was just a little spider. Poor creature, my hand has crushed it as I swept it off your suit.”

„Mr. Fisk, what a surprise to meet you here.”- Peter lied, shaking the hand offered to him by the giant. Wilson Fisk, known as Kingpin in the underworld, was about twice as big as Peter Parker. The robust gangster smirked as he was strenghtening the clench of his fists around Peter’s hand, but the latter withstood the squeeze without any sign of pain or effort- a feat an average person of his size might not have been able to perform, although an average observer probably wouldn’t have noticed the skirmish between the two either. Wilson Fisk finally let go of Peter’s hand, knowing this demonstration would have no effect to begin with. He knew who his opponent was, better than anyone else around. However, the keen bystanders, especially those with trained eyes to look beyond the surface, and with the talent to unfold the mysteries of evil, such as Fred and Velma, couldn’t help but realize that these two have an unfinished business with each other.

„You see, Mr. Parker, as a patron of arts, I have a season ticket to this theatre.”- Fisk politely answered. Albeit his grotesque composition and unreal size suggested otherwise, Kingpin was a rather sophisticated criminal, swimming in the light shed on him by the grand stage of supeficial success and politics, painting him white, just like the white suit he was wearing tonight- the rest of which he was going to spend submerging into the quagmire of plotting crimes, abetting politicians, and advising villains, as usual. He was one of the biggest worms of the Big Apple.

„Did you enjoy my fiancée’s peformance? „- Peter asked, while the crowd of snobs around had almost finished the small talk that usually follows such eves, slowly leaving the building.

„A lot.”- answered Kingpin, turning to Mary Jane, taking her hand with a move that could be described as the opposite of Peter’s aforementioned sign of expressing his love: Kingpin grabbed MJ’s hand and kissed it with faked solemnity. „I hope your carreer will be as shining as your beauty, Miss Watson.” –Fisk added. Mary Jane thanked him, but the next moment she wiped off her hand with a handkerchief. She has heard a lot about Kingpin’s crimes, despite the man got never caught, mostly due to his bribing policemen and politicians. One of whom had just made his presence manifest, showing up next to Kingpin.

„Let me congratulate as well, Miss Watson, for your outstanding talent.”- Mayor Major complimented. He was the head of New York, but he was more like the head of the worm, wagged by the rest of its body: the criminal syndicates and lobbyist groups. Mary Jane whispered a thanks to him as well, wishing this embarrassing afterevent to conclude, before her success getting unforgettably spoiled by such corrupt wellwishers.

Her wish met its fulfillment almost instantly. The Mayor continued:

„Please allow me to kidnap Mr.Fisk, Miss Watson. Good night, enjoy your fame.”- Adam Major said, and walked away with Kingpin, along with a company of bodyguards and other politicians, businessmen, and their minions. They didn’t give any consideration about the Mystery Inc. The gang didn’t mind at all.

„Phew, those guys looked scary.”- Shaggy sighed.

„Well, they were the leaders of this city.”- Mary Jane explained.

„Really? I’m not sure if that’s comforting or discomforting.”- Shaggy debated.

„One thing is sure: they are up to no good.”- Fred pondered.

„What makes you think so?”- Peter asked, still squinting towards the company leaving, a gang that deserves this name in the pejorative sense.

„Just a gut feeling.”- Fred shrugged, but his inside was haunted by his detective instinct.

„Oh yes, you guys solved some mysteries, am I right?”- asked Peter with a genuine interest. „What was the last one, if you don’t mind telling?”

„Well, it was a case in Romania, involving an international criminal.”- Fred answered.

„Oh yes I think I remember that one. Congratulations, guys!”- Peter smiled, his presence beaming again, putting those around him at ease, making them forget the uncomfortable meeting with Kingpin.

„Thank youuuu.”- Scooby Doo barked, jumping at Peter with joy, licking his face. Albeit Scooby was a great dane, Peter didn’t even stumble at the huge dog jumping at him. This again caught Fred’s attention, but something else attracted his sharp eyes : a card on the floor. He picked it up, bending down.

„What did you find, Fred?”- Velma questioned.

„It seems this is the Vcard of a stock market agent.”- Fred told them, pulling his mouth, as a sign of a lack of knowing what to do with it.

„It must be Mr.Fisk’s.”- Mary Jane proposed.

„Or the Mayor’s…or anyone else’s…”- said Fred uncertainly.

„Never mind, it can’t be that important. However, I may pay a visit to the agency, telling them that a client has dropped their card here.”- Peter said. He quickly changed his mind, however. „Rather not. After all, it’s not like they would know which client had a ticket to tonight’s play, and they can’t disclose information about them either. So it would be a fool’s errand.”- Peter decided.- „Can I still have it, though, just in case I meet Wilson Fisk or the Mayor again? Then I can ask them about it.”

Just when he finished his sentence, as if a shadow materialized, taking the shape of a human, or, more like the extension of the darkness from under the nearest corner of the hall, a silhouette stepped up, the figure of a tall but pale man. Very pale his face was, giving the impression of a ghost. He crawled silently behind the company, and when Fred was extending the card to Peter, the man took it instead. As his appearance, as well as his interference was unexpected- and unnoticed, at least until the stunt sank in- the gang recoiled. Shaggy emitted a short scream, and goosebumps started to grow on his back.

Peter Parker , however,was at his senses, and grabbed the man’s hand, without looking at him. It all happened in a second.

„Mr. Parker, please let my hand go. I took the courage of taking the card as I am to meet Mr. Fisk, having business with him. The agent whose card you’re holding, to my knowledge, works for Mr.Fisk, and I’ll save your the trouble of bothering yourself with asking him about it.”- said the man. „ That is, if you let my hand go.”- he added in a hissing tone. Peter recognized the voice. He let the man’s hand, and turned towards the ’thief’.

„I see, excuse my rudeness, Mr. Allen.”- said Peter with a prim voice.

„Please don’t apologize, it’s me who begs your pardon. I didn’t mean to steal it you know. It’s just a card.”- the pale man said, while carassing his hurting hand.

„No problem. Thank you for taking the card to Mr. Fisk.”- Peter answered.

„Now, then, if you excuse me…”- said Mr. James Allen, taking the card and his leave. He glided forth in the direction where Kingpin and co. headed few minutes ago. His dark suit merged with the shadows as he ran out of sight at the end of the corridor.

„Who was he?”- Shaggy asked, his heart still beating at a higher pace.

„Mr.Allen is Norman Osborn’s lawyer. In general, a rat working for bigger rats.”-Peter said with scorn in his voice, still looking at the spot where the ’ghost’ disappeared. „I’m sorry for all the disturbance, guys. We’ve just met, and you had to meet these fellows too.”

„Not your fault, it’s alright. I guess the people related to the enemies of Spiderman are naturally hostile towards those related to the photographer of Spidey.”- Fred said.

„Still, accept my apologies. Let me invite you for dinner.”- Peter proposed.

„Nah, thanks but we have a hotel to stay at. All inclusive.”- Fred winked, squinting at Scooby and Shaggy.

„Come on Fred, Scoob and I are hungry.”- Shaggy carassed his stomach. „We never refuse an invitation like that.”

Peter laughed. „Listen to Shaggy, Fred. I’d really be glad to eat out with you, celebrating MJ’s big debut. Please join us.”

Fred sighed, nodded, and gave his consent. The theatre was about to close, so the company moved out, Shaggy and Scooby ahead, driven by the prospect of free food. As they passed through the exit, gushing onto the 5th avenue, suddenly a heavy object crashed into the pavement, almost killing Peter, who politely lumbered behind the company, but the moment the stone fell, he zigged away, avoiding the fatal blow.

„Yikes!”- Shaggy screamed.

„An unknown flying object!”- barked Scooby, shaking.

„Come on guys, pull yourselves together and get serious!”- Velma scolded them.

„Nice reflexes, Pete!”- Fred remarked.

„Are you alright?”- Mary Jane inquired worriedly.

„I’m fine, no biggie.”- Peter smiled, but he knew whoever was behind this, is not going to give up. He looked up, scanning the top of the building. It was already dark, and despite the fancy street lights, the dim rays were not enough to reach up to the depths of this mystery.

„It’s a brick that fell from the theatre’s facade.”- Daphne commented.

„How could it fall just like that? It’s a new building! Did someone…try to kill Peter?”

„Maybe it’s a warning. Quite a serious one.”- Fred noted.

„I think it’s best if we keep the advice and leave indeed.”- Shaggy panted, running towards the Mystery Machine. Scooby followed him.

„Well, we were going to eat something anyway. Let’s keep moving.”- Peter said, shepherding the gang. They got in the vehicle, Fred started the engine, and they joined the queue of traffic. The long line of cars was wiggling on the roads of the Big Apple like the body of a worm.

Fred turned on the air conditioner. They comfortably arrived to a pizzeria. Shaggy and Scooby were of course the first to disembark. They ordered three XXL pizzas. One for Shaggy, one for Scooby, and one for the rest of the company. While Scooby and Shaggy were still munching their portions, the others had already finished dining. They started chatting about the recent events of the night.

„Do you think Wilson Fisk or one of his henchmen is behind this?”- asked Mary Jane from Peter.

„Possibly. They seemed to be up to no good. Considering that mayoral elections will take place in a few months, I suppose Fisk and other gangsters are allying with the politicians who are most easily corrupted. That’s how it’s always been.”- Peter explained.

„Don’t you find it strange that Oscorp was also ransacked last night? Is it a coincidence, or maybe it is related to Fisk?”- Fred asked.

„I don’t know.”- Peter bluntly replied.

„I have a feeling that something big is going on here. We should investigate the case, right, Fred?”- the instinct of curiosity was awakened in Velma.

„Good idea!”- Fred exclaimed, with the readiness of a bird of prey that has caught sight of a worm on the ground, prepared to strike.

„Guys, not so hasty…I don’t think you know what you are up against. This case might be bigger than all of us together. The balance between the good folks and the bad folks is very delicate in this city.”- Peter tried to cool him.

„But you know Spiderman! He will come to our aid, I’m sure of it!”- Daphne firmly concurred.

„It’s been a while since I met him…I’m his photographer, not his boss.”

„But the Green Goblin is his archenemy, and everyone knows Wilson Fisk is Kingpin, another villain Spiderman has been brawling with for quite a while now! This might be the chance to catch him red handed so that he can’t get away with it!”- Velma persevered.

„Yes but that’s the thing. He always gets away with it. He has bought the police, he has politicians in his hand, et cetera.”- Peter sighed.

„Daphne, please listen to Peter. He knows what he is talking about.”- Mary Jane tried to mediate.

„Yeah, Fred, listen to Mary Jane.”- Shaggy joined the discussion, after having filled his stomach with pepperoni pizza.

„Yeah yeah.”- Scooby burped as well.

„Well allll right.”- Daphne said with an offended tone.

„We would just like to help.”- Fred shrugged.

„You know what? I think it won’t hurt if we make a visit to a few people.”- Velma suggested.
„Like, who?”- Peter asked.

„Like, Norman Osborn, the original Green Goblin.”- Velma smiled, raising his index finger in a schooling manner.

„What a journey would that be!”- Fred bumped his fists together. „The real Green Goblin!”

„Norman Osborn is in the Ravencroft Institute for the criminally insane.”- Peter informed.

„That’s fine, he may still know something that can avail the investigation.”- Fred rebutted.

„You just don’t give up, do you?”- Peter laughed.

„That’s right. We shall go there in the morning.”- Velma recommended. Fred and Daphne nodded.

„Oh no, no, don’t count on us!”- Shaggy cried.

„Not even for a Scooby snack?”- Fred teased.

„Maybe for three Scooby snacks.”- Scooby drooled.

„Alright Scoobs, three Scooby snacks.”

„Deal!”- Scooby rejoiced, swallowing the cookies offered to him by Fred.

„Hey don’t leave me out!”- Shaggy said, also taking his three.

„You guys are so predictable!”- Velma smirked.

„Their stomach seems to be unfathomable, though.”- Peter remarked with his eyebrows raised.

„That’s Scooby and Shaggy for you.”- Daphne hugged Scooby.

„Hi-hi-hi.”- Scooby snickered.

„It’s decided, then.”- Velma concluded.

„Will you join us, Peter?”- Fred turned to the person in question.

„I’m sorry, but I have something to tend to in the morning. But later on, I’ll be taking photos of the festival celebrations, so we can meet there.”- Peter told Fred.

„I’ve heard there will be free food.”- Daphne turned to Scooby and Shaggy.

„That’s where we belong!”- Shaggy and Scooby sang in chorus.

„You are hopeless!”- Velma was shaking her head in a teasing manner.

„We can’t help it either.”- Shaggy folded his arms and humphed.

„Hey guys, it’s past 11 pm, we should take off, we are yet to check in the hotel.”- Velma returned to her senses.

„Let’s call it a day. See you tomorrow at the festival, Peter and Mary Jane!”- Daphne stood up, gave a good bye kiss to MJ, while the others shook hands with Peter once again. Mary Jane and Peter escorted them to the Mystery Machine, and watched them disappearing in the concrete jungle. The same concrete jungle that was soaking of the blood shed during the night, or at broad daylight. A jungle with metal trees and a flora of cement, tying together the fate of those beneath its surface and those above it.

The asphalt has absorbed the summer heat during the day, only to emit it again. The atmosphere was vibrant. It started raining. The precipitation washed away the city’s dirt for the moment, as well as the presence of Peter and Mary Jane.
The gang successfully checked in their rooms, talking over the plan for tomorrow. Scooby and Shaggy shared a room with Fred. While waiting for Shaggy and Fred to finish showering and change into pyjamas, Scooby was looking out of the window, when suddenly he escaped under the king size bed, whining.

„What’s wrong, Scooby?”- Fred asked astonished.

„G-g-ghost!”

„What ghost, Scoobs?”- Shaggy furthered.

„Yellow eyes!”- Scooby was pointing towards the window. Fred walked to the window and looked out. There was nothing out there, just the blurry picture of the metropolis broken on the drops of rain, that were glistening in the lights of the city lamps.

„Scooby, the ’yellow eyes’ you’ve seen, are probably just the lamps’ rays playing with the raindrops, and playing tricks on your mind!”- Fred said.

Scooby slowly crawled out from under the bed. „Hi-hi-hi.”- he barked, with ease in his doggy voice.

„Can we just go to bed now?”- Fred urged them.

„Sure.”- said Shaggy, and they all fell asleep soon. The rest of the night passed silently. Only the raindrops were knocking on the windowglass.

Link to part 2:

Last edited:

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yo.... this was.... DOPE AS FFFFFFUUUUUCCKKKK honestly this thing had my attention from start to finish. Really enjoying the dialoge between the gang and Peter and MJ. Feels as if it's just another episode of Scooby Doo with another awesome guest cast as they travel through the guests city for this week's episode :xD: Gonna get to the next part as soon as possible!

Scooby Doo

Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yo.... this was.... DOPE AS FFFFFFUUUUUCCKKKK honestly this thing had my attention from start to finish. Really enjoying the dialoge between the gang and Peter and MJ. Feels as if it's just another episode of Scooby Doo with another awesome guest cast as they travel through the guests city for this week's episode :xD: Gonna get to the next part as soon as possible!
Thanks, I indeed try to write these stories in a way that they could actually serve as a screenplay for a real episode, had the