[Discussion] Fear of the sea and the unknown things beneath it?

Three

Member
34 posts 3 reactions
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
3
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Pretty much just a general phobia discussion, though I'm also curious as to if anyone else has my phobia stated in the title.
 

HiddenSound

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
20,009 posts 2,125 reactions
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
20,009
Reaction score
2,125
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
That is my number one phobia :T_T:
 

Three

Member
34 posts 3 reactions
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
3
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Thank god I'm not the only one with it. Thalassophobia, not ftw. :C
 

Punk Hazard

Sage of Six Posts 🔮
Immortal
59,558 posts 4,736 reactions
Joined
Apr 21, 2011
Messages
59,558
Reaction score
4,736
Status
Online
Activity Streak
Actually, what's under the sea fascinates me.
 

Three

Member
34 posts 3 reactions
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
3
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Actually, what's under the sea fascinates me.

Why though? The other 89% of the creatures in the ocean we don't know about doesn't like...bother you? Especially when you can't see where you are...
 

ChocolateBear

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,010 posts 83 reactions
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
83
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I'm scared of the ocean period
 

HiddenSound

Legendary Shinobi 🐸
Supreme
20,009 posts 2,125 reactions
Joined
Apr 27, 2012
Messages
20,009
Reaction score
2,125
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Thank god I'm not the only one with it. Thalassophobia, not ftw. :C
Is that what it's called? It sounds badass xd
Actually, what's under the sea fascinates me.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images
 

-Raviel-

Banned
Elite
5,847 posts 818 reactions
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
5,847
Reaction score
818
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Not trying to start trouble here but i got f@gophobia
 

Three

Member
34 posts 3 reactions
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
3
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Is that what it's called? It sounds badass xd


You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

THIS. ****ING. THIS.

Especially that third one. It's unrealistic, but considering there are things that big in there....
 

Vanderfee

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Veteran
2,440 posts 104 reactions
Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
2,440
Reaction score
104
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I don't have a phobia for the sea but something much worse, yes.
 

Grim

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,491 posts 685 reactions
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
4,491
Reaction score
685
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
i'm scared of heights but I feel very comfortable in airplane
 

drknght

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,464 posts 66 reactions
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
1,464
Reaction score
66
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Like those from the bottom of Mariana Trench? Yeah, those are creepy.
 

UchihaBrat

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
9,205 posts 493 reactions
Joined
Mar 5, 2011
Messages
9,205
Reaction score
493
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I suppose?xd
I mean, when I go swimming, I can't help but feel a little paranoid, but I'm not sure whether its me being cautious or fearful!:T_T:
 

Jobrjo

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,062 posts 107 reactions
Joined
Jan 12, 2013
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
107
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Any reasonable person has a fear for the unknown :O

Except with this we know. I mean it's water. Big deal. Any some fish. And some special fish. So not much to be cared of.

Now drowning, sharks, jellyfish, shipwreck... those are other things.

And this is coming from someone who has drowned 2x, yet has no fear of the sea, despite the fact that he sinks like a log due to his body structure, even though he took swimming classes.
 
Last edited:

UchihaBrat

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
9,205 posts 493 reactions
Joined
Mar 5, 2011
Messages
9,205
Reaction score
493
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Any reasonable person has a fear for the unknown :O

Except with this we know. I mean it's water. Big deal. Any some fish. And some special fish. So not much to be cared of.

Now drowning, sharks, jellyfish, shipwreck... those are other things.

And this is coming from someone who has drowned 2x, yet has no fear of the sea, despite the fact that he sinks like a log due to his body structure, even though he took swimming classes.

Well, that's the thing. Cautiousness and fear are to be separated, though they could be related.
For me, I don't know whether it's cautiousness because I know there are no coincidentes, or because I fear?
Indeed looking at it rationally, statistics really do say that it is unusual to die from these, do you follow directions from those who know where to and where not to bathe and so on.
 
Top