FBI's are coming for you. If you ever downloaded from megaupload.

Sabuto Hayashi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LOL, this thread is hilarious.
I can't take JeepersMedia seriously. I mean, he's just using the opportunity to fearmonger without any decent evidence of his claims. The examples he used were isolated cases, and aren't even directly associated with SOPA, PIPA or whatever else. He's only doing it so more people view his channel. Would you really believe a guy like that? He spends a living reviewing TOYS, for Christ sake!

The FBI don't have the time to hunt down everyone who ever downloaded from Megaupload. Why would they? All they had to do was take down the website to stop the people, and they've done that. They've stopped 'piracy' without arresting any of us.

OK, rant over.

To the FBI:
Come at me, bro! I'm waiting...

Last edited:

Amantius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You just said it yourself, they are picking the best ones to get money off.
There goes your 25% to like 1% in a second.

And yeah, wiping his computer would be so useful. . . obviously have no Idea what you are talking about.
:eek: Reformat your hard drive ? is not knowing what i am talking about.
if you just un install a program, it still stays on your computer some bits of it no matter what. haven't you ever heared people asking why their computer running so low? Too many programs downloaded, which means reformat c drive is best option.(if you just got your computer between 3-4 years)

I don't know what i am talking about? who was the one that "typed" something that could send you to jail Asap, no darling it is you that don't know what your talking about, because if you did, you would never have typed what you did.

( i Rec you go back and edit it. for your own good. not trying to sound like an ass but if i am really sorry, but i was only trying to help you in the long run.)

And yes i said the best one's, but anyone here that knows they downloaded alot of files illegally can be qualify as "The best ones" this was a warning to educate them to stop, or be aware.

Last edited:

Sophie Ezra

Veteran
Kin
719💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i seriously think they have gone to far it is alittle worrying for everyone that has used mega up load it definately sucks if you have not download any thing off of that web site but you have used another persons ip address but the owner them selves have done nothing they be sent the fine and extradition notice this really is bad what are the gonna arrest the whole entire world well at least close to it who are they gonna target next

Mezuka

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:p:p I dn't give shit :flaw: about sites like MegaUpload, who eat on free uploads by users and :eek: milk out profit from them by providing premium downloads facilities on the stuffs that should be actually free. i never user That shit upload site.. I'nt afraid , i aint afraid. To.............:p

Last edited:

squigles

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys need to be a little bit more realistic about these things. Internet Piracy is no different than drug dealing. The FBI isn't going to come after you for downloading a movie or a few songs. They want to go after the guy hosting the website.

The guy who made that video is a sensationalist media *****, and I wouldn't pay attention to him in the first place. The gal he references in the video who was sued for $1.5 million over downloading 24 songs, was sued as an example to establish precedent in suing people for internet piracy. It was completely random.

Amantius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys need to be a little bit more realistic about these things. Internet Piracy is no different than drug dealing. The FBI isn't going to come after you for downloading a movie or a few songs. They want to go after the guy hosting the website.

The guy who made that video is a sensationalist media *****, and I wouldn't pay attention to him in the first place. The gal he references in the video who was sued for $1.5 million over downloading 24 songs, was sued as an example to establish precedent in suing people for internet piracy. It was completely random.
Suing someone, is just the same as them coming for you, to give you the letter that your being sued.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:eek: Reformat your hard drive ? is not knowing what i am talking about.
if you just un install a program, it still stays on your computer some bits of it no matter what. haven't you ever heared people asking why their computer running so low? Too many programs downloaded, which means reformat c drive is best option.(if you just got your computer between 3-4 years)

I don't know what i am talking about? who was the one that "typed" something that could send you to jail Asap, no darling it is you that don't know what your talking about, because if you did, you would never have typed what you did.

( i Rec you go back and edit it. for your own good. not trying to sound like an ass but if i am really sorry, but i was only trying to help you in the long run.)

And yes i said the best one's, but anyone here that knows they downloaded alot of files illegally can be qualify as "The best ones" this was a warning to educate them to stop, or be aware.
Yeah because they are most likely going to check your PC, oh wait, they won't. They will sue you with evidence they already have, time you downloaded, filename etc. . . Reformat your HDD won't do shit so why even bother trying. And yeah, Computer running slow, it's always because too much programs are installed, like I said you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

You just believe everything that media-***** guy tells you.

Gotta love the peoples comments because they are so right.

Wow, JeepersMedia has REALLY gone downhill.

"You're screwed, you're screwed!"

Yeah, as if nearly ALL the internet population is going to be arrested and locked up.

Please, do us all a favor and shut the **** up with your fearmongering. You're only doing this for more channel views, anyway
Also, they don't have all those information about you since Megaupload doesn't even keep all the logs for a long time, just like very other One-Click-Hoster.

Last edited:

Amantius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah because they are most likely going to check your PC, oh wait, they won't. They will sue you with evidence they already have, time you downloaded, filename etc. . . Reformat your HDD won't do shit so why even bother trying. And yeah, Computer running slow, it's always because too much programs are installed, like I said you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

You just believe everything that media-***** guy tells you.

Gotta love the peoples comments because they are so right.

Also, they don't have all those information about you since Megaupload doesn't even keep all the logs for a long time, just like very other One-Click-Hoster.

Umm Actually it is, i never said it was always the case, but most of the time if your computer is running slower than normal its because too many cookies and files downloading on your computer. Memory is what runs your open applications. If memory resources are used up with all these tiny things, and fancy backgrounds, and bunch of un-necessary things loaded on start up. take up valuable resources and makes your computer run slower.

And i don't listen to the news all the time, but then again people should always take it in account considering they just went in 2 country and arrest the owner without bail. And they have files of all who ever access the Site, and this was just something people should be aware of, like i said it was a education of them to stop. Because things like these can happen to anyone, and since when do the FBI care how long it takes? if they want you they can get you easy enough. Like i said this was only to warn people who know they have done these terms, and the 25% could be one of them.
Premium accounts-they do keep records of. and if you go back like 7 page's back or more, you can see a video i show with the FBI+CIA showing on a big screen different IP's of pirate's they pick randomly to go after, and a man who was busted speaking out.

Last edited:

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Umm Actually it is, i never said it was always the case, but most of the time if your computer is running slower than normal its because too many cookies and files downloading on your computer. Memory is what runs your open applications. If memory resources are used up with all these tiny things, and fancy backgrounds, and bunch of un-necessary things loaded on start up. take up valuable resources and makes your computer run slower.

And i don't listen to the news all the time, but then again people should always take it in account considering they just went in 2 country and arrest the owner without bail. And they have files of all who ever access the Site, and this was just something people should be aware of, like i said it was a education of them to stop. Because this like these can happen to anyone, and since when do the FBI care how long it takes? if they want you they can get you easy enough. Like i said this was only to warn people who know they have done these terms, and the 25% could be one of them.
Premium accounts-they do keep records of. and if you go back like 7 page's back or more, you can see a video i so with the FBI+CIA showing on a big screen different IP's of pirate's they pick randomly to go after, and a man who was busted speaking out.
A big screenshot isn't 25% of the Internet. Also, the FBI doesn't care about how long it takes, it's just part of the evidence. And well, whatever, that dude is trying to get views and is scaring a lot of people. . .

And that video is ABOUT ****ING TORRENTS not actual One Click Hosters, what the shit. I gut busted for Torrents once, had to pay 1000€ because of one Album - I was too lazy to do it properly and the chance that you get busted for actual One Click Hosters is under 1%, the only people who get busted are uploaders. JEEZUS.

This is so retarded, people downloading from P2P (for exmaple, that Woman who download 24 songs - Used Kaza and not a One Click Filehoster) Services is something totally different since you SEED files after you DOWNLOADED them, this is like, burning a CD and then Burning another CD of that burned CD and then you start giving them to people. You get me? This is something totally different than Megaupload, Rapidshare etc. . . Only retards believe what the dude says.

Last edited:
Reactions: 99minutes

squigles

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Suing someone, is just the same as them coming for you, to give you the letter that your being sued.

Not really. Suing someone is the act of taking them to court to recoup monetary losses, usually to pay for damages incurred by the individual being sued.

The FBI kicking in your door, seizing your computer(s), servers, or whatever else, then hauling you off to jail, is a little bit different. There are federal laws against piracy, which usually involves a fine (not damages owed to someone else) and prison time.

The difference is that when someone sues you it's not because you broke a federal law, it's because you did something to incur a loss on their part, and you probably owe them recompense.

That gal who downloaded 24 songs was sued. The FBI didn't come kicking her door in and hauling her off to prison. The owner of Megaupload isn't being sued, he's being brought up on federal charges.

Amantius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A big screenshot isn't 25% of the Internet. Also, the FBI doesn't care about how long it takes, it's just part of the evidence. And well, whatever, that dude is trying to get views and is scaring a lot of people. . . I'm outta here.

And that video is ABOUT ****ING TORRENTS not actual One Click Hosters, what the shit. I gut busted for Torrents one, had to pay 1000€ because of one Album because I was too lazy to do it properly and the chance that you get busted for actual One Click Hosters is under 1%, the only people who get busted are uploaders. JEEZUS.

This is so retarded, people downloading from P2P Services is something totally different since you SEED files after you DOWNLOADED them, this is like, burning a CD and then Burning another CD of that burned CD and then you start giving them to people. You get me? This is something totally different than Megaupload, Rapidshare etc. . . Only retards believe what the dude says.
U_U True, but there is always a possibility. considering a lot of people in the USA have gotten letter's stating they are downloading copy right materials. first strike, a latter. Second strike, cancel of services for 6 months. 3 strike, sued and jail time.;) But you know, what's stopping them from doing it? nothing....But isn't better to not get a latter? because if you did, not only would you be scared, you will also know that every time you log your net you will be Monitored.

For the guy up top since i can't multi post.....umm kid, if your brought to court by the "FBI" your chance's of wining the case for copyright material would be 1% out of a 100. why? let's see the FBI would not do so unless they have strong evidence's against you....IP, downloading record's, uploading are strong evidence's. Beside the FBI maybe below the CIA, but they are the Nation king pin....The CSI is International. If you downloaded something from a USA server and the FBI want's you, the CIA will be contacted ASAP, they work together.

Last edited:

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
U_U True, but there is always a possibility. considering a lot of people in the USA have gotten letter's stating they are downloading copy right materials. first strike, a latter. Second strike, cancel of services for 6 months. 3 strike, sued and jail time.;) But you know, what's stopping them from doing it? nothing....But isn't better to not get a latter? because if you did, not only would you be scared, you will also know that every time you log your net you will be Monitored.
You mean recent letters? Probably torrents, people in Big Countries get those daily.

squigles

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A big screenshot isn't 25% of the Internet. Also, the FBI doesn't care about how long it takes, it's just part of the evidence. And well, whatever, that dude is trying to get views and is scaring a lot of people. . .

And that video is ABOUT ****ING TORRENTS not actual One Click Hosters, what the shit. I gut busted for Torrents once, had to pay 1000€ because of one Album - I was too lazy to do it properly and the chance that you get busted for actual One Click Hosters is under 1%, the only people who get busted are uploaders. JEEZUS.

This is so retarded, people downloading from P2P (for exmaple, that Woman who download 24 songs - Used Kaza and not a One Click Filehoster) Services is something totally different since you SEED files after you DOWNLOADED them, this is like, burning a CD and then Burning another CD of that burned CD and then you start giving them to people. You get me? This is something totally different than Megaupload, Rapidshare etc. . . Only retards believe what the dude says.
I agree with you that the dude in the video is retarded, but I disagree with a lot of what you're saying. Megaupload is a site that hosts content. When you visit Megaupload, you're either adding content to the site, or downloading content that is already there. The site keeps records of that activity and their servers host the content.

You can physically go to where the servers are at, and find the content hosted there. That's why the FBI raided the place and arrested the owner of the site - to get physical evidence. On top of that, many users were paying for access to content on megaupload, which leaves a money trail.

Bittorrents are much different. If I start seeding something I have on my computer, the traffic isn't nearly as easy for my ISP and subsequently, Law Enforcement to track and trace. It's much different when you aren't loading/downloading things directly to/from a website, and are just sharing p2p.

Megaupload was an easy target because 25% of the world's internet users visited the site, which leaves a huge trail of traffic. The other part of it is that Megaupload is just one website, and taking it down is rather easy. It's impossible to take down thousands of individuals who are sharing a song or movie via bittorrent, especially if the torrent is never uploaded to a site like Megaupload.

Tracker sites can be asked to remove links, and Google can be asked to remove search filters that point to those links. However, the people torrenting said content are pretty much immune via anonymity and sheer numbers.

It's like I said before, they don't want to go after users, they want to go after the source.

Reactions: Mercy

99minutes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

+rep. I'd give you 5 if I could.
I couldn't have said it better myself. That dude in the video is absolutely ridiculous. You can tell by the way he talks that he's just trying to scare people :|

I actually researched that woman (Jamie Thomas) and it has nothing to do with MegaUpload :|

That fat idiot in the video pisses me off.

Amantius

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
+rep. I'd give you 5 if I could.
I couldn't have said it better myself. That dude in the video is absolutely ridiculous. You can tell by the way he talks that he's just trying to scare people :|

I actually researched that woman (Jamie Thomas) and it has nothing to do with MegaUpload :|

That fat idiot in the video pisses me off.
U_U He piss me off too, but i cannot deny some of his statement which are true....And if their going in other country arresting a man for just having a website linking to the copyright material who knows what they can do. But you know what, I said this earlier people who do get letters saying stop downloading copyright material is just them being nice. but let's be real here..round 70% of the internet have used Mega Upload/Torrent sites, hey my number could be low, but still. I still think the man was right saying the USA prosecute a lot of their Citizens over shit like this. And this was just last week they shut down the site.....so don't be surprise if next 2 months people are being called, sued etc.....The long wait could be that they are looking at these files carefully--( like i said a lot of people used it, things take time)
But i will say this, the day they take down pirate bay...the internet is going to have serious problems.(And so will people).

Last edited:

99minutes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
U_U He piss me off too, but i cannot deny some of his statement which are true....And if their going in other country arresting a man for just having a website linking to the copyright material who knows what they can do. But you know what, I said this earlier people who do get letters saying stop downloading copyright material is just them being nice. but let's be real here..round 70% of the internet have used Mega Upload/Torrent sites, hey my number could be low, but still. I still think the man was right saying the USA prosecute a lot of their Citizens over shit like this. And this was just last week they shut down the site.....so don't be surprise if next 2 months people are being called, sued etc.....The long wait could be that they are looking at these files carefully--( like i said a lot of people used it, things take time)
But i will say this, the day they take down pirate bay...the internet is going to have serious problems.(And so will people).
True, true.
The bold part actually made me realize something: why doesn't the FBI or the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) give warnings first? If they already do or have done that, someone correct me. I'm new to this xD

I've tried downloading a torrent once, but didn't know how to work uTorrent lmao. I'm pitiful when it comes to those things. The only thing I do download are songs — movies, shows are all streaming.

And speaking of which, wasn't there a fuss over The Pirate Bay a few years ago? D:

99minutes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Something came to my mind (sorry for double-posting).

Does anyone else think the US Govt. is taking such drastic action because of wikiLeaks? It could be that they're scared? WikiLeaks has been active a lot lately these past few years and has put some officials in big trouble D: